44 SP Jon Lieber Philadelphia Phillies
45 SS Tomohiro Nioka Yomiuri Giants
46 2B Marcus Giles San Diego Padres Team Option
47 OF Corey Patterson Baltimore Orioles
48 SP Paul Byrd Cleveland Indians Team Option
49 OF Brad Wilkerson Texas Rangers
50 OF Milton Bradley San Diego Padres

http://www.sportscity.com/MLB/Top-50-MLB-Free-Agents-2008

There's some pretty good prospects-let's hope some players actually want to play here.

petegz28
10-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Hello Tori ...Welcome to KC!!!!

Pitt Gorilla
10-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Fukodome or Rowand.

Sure-Oz
10-10-2007, 03:48 PM
wth is fukudome

eazyb81
10-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Fukudome would be perfect for us, but I'm afraid the bidding will be ridiculous like it was for Dice-K last year.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I would love to have Milton Bradley. He would provide great defense (important for our park), does everything well on offense, and won't break the bank.

Wonder how much Bonds will go for?

petegz28
10-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Fukudome would be perfect for us, but I'm afraid the bidding will be ridiculous like it was for Dice-K last year.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I would love to have Milton Bradley. He would provide great defense (important for our park), does everything well on offense, and won't break the bank.

Torii Hunter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Milton Bradley

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Freddy Garcia on that list ROFL

HolmeZz
10-10-2007, 03:56 PM

99% sure there's no bidding for Fukudome. He's a regular free agent.

eazyb81
10-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Torii Hunter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Milton Bradley

Torii Hunter's contract >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Milton Bradley's contract

Torii Hunter's OPS+ = Milton Bradley's OPS+

DeepSouth
10-10-2007, 03:58 PM
I think the Royals need a catcher that can bat over .250

eazyb81
10-10-2007, 03:58 PM
99% sure there's no bidding for Fukudome. He's a regular free agent.

Yeah I think you're right, but I was mainly referring to him getting big contract offers based on hype.

noa
10-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Barry Bonds could be our new Juan Gonzalez

petegz28
10-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Torii Hunter's contract >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Milton Bradley's contract

Torii Hunter's OPS+ = Milton Bradley's OPS+

Dude who cares how much he costs. He is arguably the best CF in the league. Can hit for power and stays out of trouble.

Milton Bradley is a flipping cry baby.

petegz28
10-10-2007, 04:03 PM
I think the Royals need a catcher that can bat over .250

Rep on that. I been saying it for years.

eazyb81
10-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Dude who cares how much he costs. He is arguably the best CF in the league. Can hit for power and stays out of trouble.

Milton Bradley is a flipping cry baby.

WTF? Grady Sizemore says hi.

Sorry, I'm not impressed at all by Hunter, and I certainly don't see the point in bringing him to KC when we already have DDJ and Gathright. Yes, he is better than both, but shouldn't we try to improve on our weak areas rather than bring in an expensive CF on the wrong side of 30.

petegz28
10-10-2007, 04:13 PM
WTF? Grady Sizemore says hi.

Sorry, I'm not impressed at all by Hunter, and I certainly don't see the point in bringing him to KC when we already have DDJ and Gathright. Yes, he is better than both, but shouldn't we try to improve on our weak areas rather than bring in an expensive CF on the wrong side of 30.

Well I like him and would take him.

alnorth
10-10-2007, 04:18 PM
I'd go for a reasonably-priced corner outfielder with power, a good-hitting catcher, and spend whatever we have left on an assortment of pitchers.

BigChiefFan
10-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Andruw Jones and Luis Castillo would be a start in the right direction, IMO. Then go after pitching.

Logical
10-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Man I don't recognize the names of any of those guys as great Middle Linebackers, not sure they are better than Nap.

BigChiefFan
10-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Kyle Lohse may be a good value pick as a pitcher.

BigChiefFan
10-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Man I don't recognize the names of any of those guys as great Middle Linebackers, not sure they are better than Nap.
That's what it's become, Doc. I'm so sick of the Chiefs, I'm looking for the Royals to make some moves. LOL.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2007, 04:40 PM
personally i really want to see adam dunn in here the most. I dont care how much the guy strikes out because hes a guy that is not only capable of hitting 40-50 homeruns a year, he has done just that since he came into the league.

teedubya
10-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Lets pick up Dotel again, so we can trade him for some more Atlanta trash.

teedubya
10-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Fuk u! Do me! What a name.

Valiant
10-10-2007, 04:59 PM
personally i really want to see adam dunn in here the most. I dont care how much the guy strikes out because hes a guy that is not only capable of hitting 40-50 homeruns a year, he has done just that since he came into the league.

I want Bonds and Dunn/Hunter/Jones.. Would give us a legit outfield and increase our homers by 60+ total at minimum...

Ideally would love to see Arod but it will never happen.. That lineup alone with our talent now would win us the division..

Valiant
10-10-2007, 05:06 PM
I want Bonds and Dunn/Hunter/Jones.. Would give us a legit outfield and increase our homers by 60+ total at minimum...

Ideally would love to see Arod but it will never happen.. That lineup alone with our talent now would win us the division..

1.Dejesus
2.Gordon
3.Bonds
4.Arod
5.Dunn
6.Grudz
7.Buck
8.Butler/Gathright/Gload/German
9.Pena Jr.

Its a dream I know...

teedubya
10-10-2007, 05:12 PM
1.Dejesus
2.Gordon
3.Bonds
4.Arod
5.Dunn
6.Grudz
7.Buck
9.Pena Jr.

Its a dream I know...

ROFL ROFL
:( :banghead:

noa
10-10-2007, 05:13 PM
1.Dejesus
2.Gordon
3.Bonds
4.Arod
5.Dunn
6.Grudz
7.Buck
9.Pena Jr.

Its a dream I know...

If everyone in Kansas City agrees to donate 75% of our income to the Royals, it's not that unrealistic.

Logical
10-10-2007, 05:14 PM
That's what it's become, Doc. I'm so sick of the Chiefs, I'm looking for the Royals to make some moves. LOL.

Not a bright season to date, it was looking more interesting when I thought Croyle was going to start the Cinci game but now, meh.:shrug:

raunchy cameltoe
10-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Fukodome or Rowand.

I know he was on the Japan team that won the World Baseball Classic, but that's the big deal with Fukodome?

The position player imports have been brilliant with the mitt over here, but only two of them have actually been above-average players with bat (Ichiro and Hideki Matsui). Even Matsui was somewhat of a disapointment because many were expecting perennial 35-40 home run pop.

Valiant
10-10-2007, 05:15 PM
If everyone in Kansas City agrees to donate 75% of our income to the Royals, it's not that unrealistic.

Heh I guarantee if we got this Glass would make it money because that lineup would be scoring 5-8 runs a game on average and the stadium would be full.. Hell I think that lineup could win 100+ games.. Well with a competent coach it could...

raunchy cameltoe
10-10-2007, 05:16 PM
1.Dejesus
2.Gordon
3.Bonds
4.Arod
5.Dunn
6.Grudz
7.Buck
9.Pena Jr.

Its a dream I know...

Funny post, but Butler shouldn't platoon with anybody.

teedubya
10-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Funny post, but Butler shouldn't platoon with anybody.

Welcome back, Marlboro Chief.

raunchy cameltoe
10-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Welcome back, Marlboro Chief.

:shrug:

Silock
10-10-2007, 07:10 PM
It would be nice to get a bunch of field players, but I'd rather us get a ton more pitching. Our pitching situation is pretty terrible.

alnorth
10-10-2007, 07:53 PM
It would be nice to get a bunch of field players, but I'd rather us get a ton more pitching. Our pitching situation is pretty terrible.

Eh? You may be flashing back to a couple years ago, its now the hitting that is pathetic. (OPS: last in the AL, next-to-last MLB)

The Royals have a decent bullpen (6th in the AL, 11th MLB). We do have only 1 good starter and a bunch of maybes, but its a lot better than prior years. In overall ERA the Royals finished 7th in the AL, right in the middle.

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2007, 07:54 PM
I would like to get Aaron Rowand.

Silock
10-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Eh? You may be flashing back to a couple years ago, its now the hitting that is pathetic. (OPS: last in the AL, next-to-last MLB)

The Royals have a decent bullpen (6th in the AL, 11th MLB). We do have only 1 good starter and a bunch of maybes, but its a lot better than prior years. In overall ERA the Royals finished 7th in the AL, right in the middle.

1 starter, bunch of maybes -- that pretty much nails it for me. We finished barely above the Yankees, and look how atrocious their pitching was in the post-season.

I'm not saying we don't need bats -- we do. As it stands, though, I'd rather build a solid pitching rotation and then get some bats, as it's easier to get guys that can hit the balls than the ones that can pitch it consistently well.

alnorth
10-10-2007, 08:35 PM
1 starter, bunch of maybes -- that pretty much nails it for me. We finished barely above the Yankees, and look how atrocious their pitching was in the post-season.

I'm not saying we don't need bats -- we do. As it stands, though, I'd rather build a solid pitching rotation and then get some bats, as it's easier to get guys that can hit the balls than the ones that can pitch it consistently well.

I was just saying that our pitching is not "pretty terrible", it is average with the potential to improve if some young guys put it together. We really have no reason to hope that our hitting will come around above average without new players.

Silock
10-10-2007, 08:49 PM
I was just saying that our pitching is not "pretty terrible", it is average with the potential to improve if some young guys put it together. We really have no reason to hope that our hitting will come around above average without new players.

Eh, I guess I just like solid pitching. We had it when I was growing up as a Royals fan. Of course, we were an awesome team back then, too.

Like I said, though, we'll definitely need more bats. Given a certain spending limit, though, I'd rather sink the money into the pitching staff. I don't know if Dayton has that kind of limit, though.

eazyb81
10-10-2007, 08:55 PM
I think DM also wants a great rotation, but I think he's going to wait to see how our young guys develop before dropping a ton of dough on more free agent starters.

Greinke, Hochevar, Buckner, Davies, Soria, and Lumsden all have the potential to play large roles next year, and then we have some guys a level or two lower that have some upside.

alnorth
10-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Eh, I guess I just like solid pitching. We had it when I was growing up as a Royals fan. Of course, we were an awesome team back then, too.

Like I said, though, we'll definitely need more bats. Given a certain spending limit, though, I'd rather sink the money into the pitching staff. I don't know if Dayton has that kind of limit, though.

Problem is, we have a bunch of maybes, not a bunch of crappy pitchers. We cant afford to go out and buy 4 good pitchers. We basically have a bunch of wrapped presents and we need to spend next year figuring out which ones are the pair of socks and which ones are the Red Ryder BB Guns.

We will still buy a starter and some relievers since we need to plan for a few guys to fail, but any more than that would require giving up on guys that only the Yankees and Red Sox would have the luxery of giving up on.

With just some more easy-to-get hitting, we can immediately go to near league-average with the hope to compete soon.

KCChiefsMan
10-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Barry Bonds could be our new Juan Gonzalez

he would put meat in the seats

Valiant
10-10-2007, 09:27 PM

We lost most of our games because we could not score runs, not because our pitching let up a ton..

BWillie
10-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Just pay AROD 47 million a year, let him play short, or move Gordon over to short. At least that will get KC on the map. AROD in our lineup equals at least 10-15 more wins a year. At least.

Sure-Oz
10-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Where's TK13's input?

tk13
10-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Where's TK13's input?
Definitely Scott Elarton, Mark Redman, and Doug Mientkiewicz.

Mecca
10-10-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm curious if they'll try to sign Andruw Jones with his Atlanta ties...

Sure-Oz
10-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Definitely Scott Elarton, Mark Redman, and Doug Mientkiewicz.
No wonder you beat me in Fantasy Baseball this year!!!!!!!!!!1111

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Just pay AROD 47 million a year, let him play short, or move Gordon over to short. At least that will get KC on the map. AROD in our lineup equals at least 10-15 more wins a year. At least.

If somehow in the world and everything alines right and that happens, I would put A-Rod at 3rd, Gordon at 1st and Butler at DH.

Mecca
10-11-2007, 12:15 AM
You put Arod at short.......it's not his fault the Yankees are stupid and moved the best SS on their team to 3rd.

BWillie
10-11-2007, 12:38 AM
If somehow in the world and everything alines right and that happens, I would put A-Rod at 3rd, Gordon at 1st and Butler at DH.

But then you still have Tony Pena Jr hacking at the first two balls, going down 0-2 in every single count and having a .280 on base percentage.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2007, 01:30 AM

And the Royals of course have the financial assets to pay a player who over the course of his contract will be worth as much as the entire franchise.

;)

Sully
10-11-2007, 05:20 AM
Why are the Chunichi Dragons having a fire sale? I'm concerned about their chances next year.

Thig Lyfe
10-11-2007, 07:05 AM
$20 million for Sammy Sosa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111