PDA

View Full Version : Why not go no huddle?

Chiefnj2
10-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Even though the Chiefs are throwing the ball more often it still appears that defenses are lining up with 8 in the box to stop LJ. Why wouldn't KC try to catch a defense in a run personnel and go with a no huddle offense with 4 receivers? Even with subpar receivers getting Parker or Webb or TG isolated on a LB should be relatively easy pickings.

Molitoth
10-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Huard sucks too much.

Extra Point
10-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Fuggetaboutit! That ain't in Herm's clock milking stall.

Amnorix
10-11-2007, 08:39 AM
If you're OLine and TE blocking can't handle it (I dunno if TG is a good blocker or not), then your QB can quickly get killed.

YOu need a smart, savvy QB and a VERY good OLine to consistently go 4 or 5 wide. Otherwise your chances of sacks, and the brutal strip sack, are highter than you might want.

Chief Chief
10-11-2007, 08:50 AM
If you're OLine and TE blocking can't handle it (I dunno if TG is a good blocker or not), then your QB

(for example: Huard)

can quickly get killed.

YOu need a smart, savvy QB

(for example: Croyle)

and a VERY good OLine to consistently go 4 or 5 wide. Otherwise your chances of sacks, and the brutal strip sack, are highter than you might want.

This is an urgent call for all Brody-backers to unite and go on an all out offensive to persuade Herm Edwards, Dick Curl, and Mike Solari to install the no-huddle offense immediately!

P.S. Would someone please step forward to handle the arrangements for a certain person's funeral?

Hammock Parties
10-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Dude, there's absolutely NO WAY we can go no huddle. That's just gonna leave our defense out there on the field more.

Fish
10-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Bad idea.... with as bad as the offense is playing, it would just result in our defense being on the field more. You might want to try no huddle when your offense is clicking, and you're just having trouble getting the D spread out to create mismatches. Our issues are game adjustments and execution. It won't matter how quickly the snaps are coming if we can't execute.

patteeu
10-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Even though the Chiefs are throwing the ball more often it still appears that defenses are lining up with 8 in the box to stop LJ. Why wouldn't KC try to catch a defense in a run personnel and go with a no huddle offense with 4 receivers? Even with subpar receivers getting Parker or Webb or TG isolated on a LB should be relatively easy pickings.

Jacksonville didn't line up 8 in the box very much, if at all, according to Mitch Holthus in a radio appearance earlier this week. I didn't think so when I watched the game either.

As to the no huddle, I think the Chiefs should practice it and be prepared to use it as a change of pace, but in general it works against the team's philosophy of holding the ball and keeping opposing defenses on the field while ours rests on the sidelines.

Mr. Laz
10-11-2007, 10:06 AM
going no huddle can really help a well-coached offense gain an advantage.

now .... if we just had a well-coached offense

Chiefnj2
10-11-2007, 10:06 AM
As to the no huddle, I think the Chiefs should practice it and be prepared to use it as a change of pace, but in general it works against the team's philosophy of holding the ball and keeping opposing defenses on the field while ours rests on the sidelines.

I don't see how it could be worse for TOP than the many 3 and outs the offense has endured.

Simply Red
10-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Huard sucks too much.

Chiefnj2
10-11-2007, 10:12 AM
The Chiefs are 25th in the league in time of possession. It's a good thing they got away from that circus offense that had them in the top 5.

Dylan
10-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Because Herm and Solari do not trust Huard to call his own plays?

HemiEd
10-11-2007, 10:26 AM
The Chiefs are 25th in the league in time of possession. It's a good thing they got away from that circus offense that had them in the top 5.

yep, and there is no way to go no huddle. Our coaches would have to know what they are actually going to do, on offense.

Pushead2
10-11-2007, 10:32 AM
ha, no huddle. Nobody gives me better laughs at work then this place.

patteeu
10-11-2007, 10:40 AM
I don't see how it could be worse for TOP than the many 3 and outs the offense has endured.

Good point.

DeezNutz
10-11-2007, 10:52 AM

About a minute worse. The difference in leaving the field after a little over 2 minutes, compared to leaving in a little after a minute.

Plus, I don't think Larry's arm could handle the strain of throwing his helmet that many more times during the game. ("I've been a player and know how to protect 'em"--Herm)

Delano
10-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Going no-huddle wouldn't allow Dick Curl to change the play calls.

talastan
10-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Going no-huddle wouldn't allow Dick Curl to change the play calls.

PRINT 'EM!!! :hmmm:

trndobrd
10-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Would Huard be able to check down faster working from a no-huddle?

kcirnamffoh
10-11-2007, 01:02 PM

I don't really think you can blame Edwards for that. Vermeil, IMO, had selfish motivations for returning to coaching in the first place. Proving to all that is was HIS greatest-show-on-turf and NOT Martz's. I think he proved that all right but once again Peterson allowed a HC to leave a team decimated for the next coach.

Edwards took over a declining offense (because it was getting too old) but a spoiled one ] and a spoiled and favored one under Vermeil's roof. Edwards wanted the defense to walk taller in the locker room even at the expense of a shattered offensive ego.

There was a chemistry Vermeil's offense had that Edwards stood no chance of maintaining while trying to rebuild a defense that Vermeil (and Peterson) allowed to disintegrate.

That offense was fun to watch but it was pie-in-the-sky and got the Chiefs nowhere. Only simpletons can't see that. Edwards needed to rebuild this team. He had to start with the defense, no choice. Offense will be next. But it doesn't really matter because Carl Peterson is still the GM.

PastorMikH
10-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Won't work. Going no huddle wouldn't take enough time off the clock. Taking time off the clock is the sole purpose of the O. The D needs to rest.

Nope, we'll run 3 plays, take all the time we can off the clock, then punt. Got it?!?!?

KC Dan
10-11-2007, 01:11 PM
I don't understand the need for a huddle in this offense anyway. Let's see: Huard at the line calls
#1 - hand Johnson the ball
#2 - Checkdown to the receiver/back/TE within 10 yds of scrimmage

Doesn't seem a need for a huddle to me

Chiefnj2
10-11-2007, 01:12 PM
I
That offense was fun to watch but it was pie-in-the-sky and got the Chiefs nowhere. Only simpletons can't see that. Edwards needed to rebuild this team. He had to start with the defense, no choice. Offense will be next. But it doesn't really matter because Carl Peterson is still the GM.

Wrong. It was the defense that couldn't hold its own. The offense was what won them games. It wasn't the offenses fault whatsoever that the rest of the team failed.

donkhater
10-11-2007, 01:56 PM
No Huddle? That's some arena-league crap you're talkin' there. Why we might actually put pressure on the defense with a radical idea like that!!

MaxFects
10-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Is anyone else afraid of Palmer's no huddle after how well it worked last year at arrowhead?

FAX
10-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I think we should try the River Dance Huddle. The one where all our guys hold hands and shuffle and kick and stomp and clomp while keeping their upper bodies completely stationary.

FAX

FAX
10-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Or, maybe the Angry Frenchman On The Ramparts Huddle where our guys line up facing away from the opponent then bend, moon, and blow.

FAX

keg in kc
10-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Well, we're already going no offense, so why not.

a1na2
10-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Huard isn't smart enough to find his receivers on the field, why in the world would we want him to call the plays in a game? Numbskull and numbnuts both in one quivering player.

banyon
10-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Because Herm and Solari do not trust Huard to call his own plays?

Can't say that I blame them.