Hammock Parties
10-11-2007, 10:38 AM
I'd give him a 6.

Adept Havelock
10-11-2007, 10:41 AM

I've seen worse, but not many.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Getting rid of the old & trying out some new guys. Improving a defense that has been a laughing stock.
Now the offense needs rebuilt. Can't build Rome in a day

Frazod
10-11-2007, 10:48 AM

I've seen worse, but not many.

Yep.

If he'd start Croyle and just embrace the rookie mistakes, I'd bump him up a few notches. But sticking with Huard is just inexcusable.

Extra Point
10-11-2007, 10:51 AM
4, which is one fewer than the number of games we'll win this season. Maybe this series of new players Herm mentioned would make a diff.

We just don't throw the inside slant/streak as much as we need.

DaKCMan AP
10-11-2007, 10:54 AM

I understand that we're somewhat rebuilding and playing some young guys. I'm fine with that. I didn't have any expectations for this season. I disagree with some of his decisions (not playing Croyle, giving up on Medlock so soon, taking 5 weeks to figure out we need a blocking FB, etc.). Overall, I think he does have a plan and I'm willing to give him through next season to start getting results.

StcChief
Solid 6. Workin' with what he has.

Solari? 4.

Molitoth
Pro's:
-Good draft choices
-Defense is coming along nicely

Con's:
-Horrible offense style
-Sticks with Solari
-Won't play Croyle
-Can't pump his team up to play well in the first half

Archie Bunker
4 and thats being generous.

The offense and special teams are a joke. The defense is his only saving grace and they aren't as good as their ranking.

His drafts aren't looking as hot. McBride has been invisible, Pollard is bad safety, Page is looking like he is average at best, and Medlock was a bust.

Finally any coach that starts the season with Huard as the starter has to get a 6 or lower.

DaFace
Until this whole Huard vs Croyle thing, I thought he'd done a pretty good job. He's still done decently, considering the state the team was in when he got here. But not great.

6 for me.

Rasputin
10-11-2007, 10:59 AM
I have lost confidense in Herm by his stupidity for not starting Croyle against the Bengles. This has got to be one of the dumbest coaching decisions in Chiefs history, (probably not, but I think so).

I think the team has regressed from last year and I don't see any improvements that are going to make us a true continder for the Super Bowl.

Yes our D has improved but come next year we are going to have to replace Ty Law and some of the older vets on the D. Donnie Edwards is great but again how long can he play?

Our O-line is a joke.

We have not scored a TD in the first Q of any game this year, we have not had a lead going into the second half of any game this year. That negates our coaching phelosiphy to be a ball control team and negates the reason to have a manager QB. He continues to start an 11 year clipboard holding vet who is not getting the job done & we are to expect to go to the playoffs. What a fu**ing joke!!!

talastan
10-11-2007, 11:05 AM
6 he is making some good changes on defense. And I believe he has a plan for the offense. Just needs another offseason to shore up the O-Line. I don't like the fact that he isn't standing up to Carl and playing Croyle instead of Huard.

I also think he needs to occasionally rip players a new one. LJ right now needs some "Instruction", Marty style!!

KC Dan
10-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Defense ->8
Offense ->1
Overall ->6

chagrin
10-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Getting rid of the old & trying out some new guys. Improving a defense that has been a laughing stock.
Now the offense needs rebuilt. Can't build Rome in a day

That's true but he has completely demolished the Offensive strategy, that's the issue I have with him. Believe it or not Forward Thinking Coaches have achieved such balance; Herm is not exactly pro active and is really behind the times of today's NFL, that's the way I see it.

Having said that, every coach needs 3 years at least, if he isn't showing us anything after next season he should definitely go bye-bye. I hate waiting but that's our reality now.

suds79
10-11-2007, 11:13 AM
I give him a 6.

He was left with a pretty bare cupboard when he came here. A bad defense and an over the hill offense.

Herms gets some points for accomplishing what DV did in 5 years.

I think we could all agree that his drafting has been pretty good. (Hali, Bowe just for examples)

He loses points for letting a OC "learn on the job".

I personally don't have a problem with his style of offense. So he likes to run a lot. Big deal. If the O-line & Larry would do what that used to do, that'd be a pretty good offense.

6 out of 10. He misses 7 because we won't start Croyle.

And you know he'll draft Olinemen next year so he's on his way.

OnTheWarpath15
10-11-2007, 11:16 AM
4 and thats being generous.

The offense and special teams are a joke. The defense is his only saving grace and they aren't as good as their ranking.

His drafts aren't looking as hot. McBride has been invisible, Pollard is bad safety, Page is looking like he is average at best, and Medlock was a bust.

Finally any coach that starts the season with Huard as the starter has to get a 6 or lower.

Same here.

The decision making this year has really soured me on Herm.

Sign Drummond, who hasn't done shit. Release Phinisee, who did a pretty good job, and could play CB in a pinch. Drummond can't help at any other position.

Decision to continue to go singleback while LJ is getting his brains beat in. No true FB on the roster.

Huard.

teedubya
10-11-2007, 11:18 AM
why isn't there a ZERO on the poll?

kc rush
10-11-2007, 12:26 PM
4 strictly because it looks like we are getting some young talent in here. I have very little faith in him managing a game, and this Huard/Croyle thing has soured me even more.

donkhater
10-11-2007, 01:54 PM
We have not scored a TD in the first Q of any game this year, we have not had a lead going into the second half of any game this year. That negates our coaching phelosiphy to be a ball control team and negates the reason to have a manager QB. He continues to start an 11 year clipboard holding vet who is not getting the job done & we are to expect to go to the playoffs. What a fu**ing joke!!!
Forget no TDs in the first quarter. KC has yet to score PERIOD in the first quarter. No FGs no TDs. After 5 weeks.

Only when he gets down by 10 points does the man wake up and smell the coffee. He hit the jackpot on Bowe, but his game day skills stink.

Mr. Laz
10-11-2007, 01:57 PM
offense - putrid
special teams - weak
defense - solid

developing young players - average
game management - weak
team direction - weak
people skills - good
public relations - weak

donkhater
10-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Anyone who chose 5 or above must be a season ticket hold...I mean, true fan.

Chiefnj2
10-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Defense is solid but hasn't been tested by a good well coached team yet.

Special teams has declined and if not for Colquitt would be pretty poor.

Offense. He has taken a top 3 offense and made it one of the worst, if not the worst, in the league within 2 years.

Team Direction - I don't see it.

Player development - I don't see it. He's hit on his first round picks which is better than Vermeil, but doesn't mean he has a good eye for talent. You're supposed to hit on your 1st round picks. No other draft pick really stands out yet. There is still a lot of potential, but nobody has really stepped up yet other than arguably Page.

chiefbowe82
10-11-2007, 02:26 PM
A coach who can take little talent, get to the playoffs, and rebuild a team is nothing short of amazing. I give Herm an 8.5

Simply Red
10-11-2007, 02:30 PM
five`r

thehead
10-11-2007, 02:31 PM
3 :cuss:

Mr. Plow
10-11-2007, 02:44 PM
A coach who can take little talent, get to the playoffs, and rebuild a team is nothing short of amazing. I give Herm an 8.5

ROFL

I say 3. And I'm really not sure why I say that high.

Any Chiefs coach that can get me to the point that I feel I'm wasting a perfectly good 3 hours.....errrrrr, sorry.....2 1/2 hours if I sit down to watch the Chiefs play is no good.

eazyb81
10-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Eh, I'm not a big "blame it on the head coach" guy (I still don't think Buddy Bell was as bad as KC fans made him out to be...).

Sure, Herm hasn't been perfect, but we have middle-of-the-pack talent and it will get us a middle-of-the-pack record.

Radar Chief
10-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Forget no TDs in the first quarter. KC has yet to score PERIOD in the first quarter. No FGs no TDs. After 5 weeks.

Didn’t the Chiefs go into the half at Sandy Eggo with 6 points?
I know exactly what you’re saying, and agree, but lets not get ridiculous.

Mr. Plow
10-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Didn’t the Chiefs go into the half at Sandy Eggo with 6 points?
I know exactly what you’re saying, and agree, but lets not get ridiculous.

Halftime....yes.

But we have 0 1st quarter points this year.

bobbything
10-11-2007, 03:20 PM
He gets a 6, based just on last season. We finished at 9-7, and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs. That's slightly above average. Just good enough for a 6.

I'll reserve judgment for this year until the clock clicks :00 on week 17.

HemiEd
10-11-2007, 03:25 PM
3, not a very solid 3 though. He gutted the offense because it was bigger than him and he knew he would never undertand it. Those that say he had no choice, save it for someone else, I don't and won't buy it.

He has turned the corner with the defense, still lots of work to do there as well. Law, Surtain and D. Edwards are not part of getting younger.

I will believe he has made great draft choices, once they have been here long enough to make it or fail.

His teams start the season and games slow. Why?

I would take Marty or DV back in a NEW YORK minute!

Radar Chief
10-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Halftime....yes.

But we have 0 1st quarter points this year.

True, I’ll eventually learn to pay closer attention. :redface:

DJ_is_the_realdeal
10-11-2007, 03:28 PM
6. He has had a tough job. You lose Willie Roaf and Will Shields. You inherit a old team that ignored the defense for 5 years but you have 2 solid drafts. I would of gave him a 7 but the quarterback situation hurts. Huard isnt getting any younger and Croyle acts like a deer in headlights when the ball is snap.

JuicesFlowing
10-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Dump Solari, the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL, and Herm's rating get's better ... I'll give him a 5.

TrebMaxx
10-11-2007, 03:37 PM

Until he fixes the putrid offense he will not get a better rating from me. It seems to me that there is a lack of fire on offense and as head coach he should be getting on some players arses that are just going through the motions. Heck, show some emotion yourself Herm, its "OK" to get pissed off. Walk on over to the bench after a 3 and out and get them fired up.

kcfanXIII
10-11-2007, 04:15 PM
i'd say an 8, but than this season happend, and we're still stuck with a "huardable" QB. drops it to a 5. i've never been so disappointed that a player was healthy, i'm border line pissed off. which i actually feel kind of bad about.

overall i'm happy with the draft, medlock aside. and lets not forget how much the D has improved.

Mr. Plow
10-11-2007, 04:22 PM
True, I’ll eventually learn to pay closer attention. :redface:

When you learn, give me a call. I need someone to teach me.