PDA

View Full Version : There's no glory in winning the AFC West this year.

Frankie
10-12-2007, 01:31 PM
It looks like 9-7 will probably win it. There won't be a wild card team from this division either. The winner will go on to get mauled on national TV by either Indi or New England. So except for creating a pseudo hopeful fan environment and sell tickets for next year there is no real purpose for trying to win this division. And yes, this is a roundabout way to post another "start Croyle" post. Hopefully you notice a different angle here though. Please don't insult our intelligence by posting the standard "I wanna win at any time" B.S. I also want my team to win. But I want those wins to mean something and for long term. With the current state of the Bengals 'D' and their injuries we are presented with a gift. We may have an easier rush afternoon than in the previous games. Why should that extra dimension help our starting backup QB? What is the long term widfall from that? This is the perfect opportunity to ease Brodie Croyle into a game when he can be helped out by a breathing running game. That can do wonders for his confidence, long term. If he is put in during a game when we can't run and the opposing 'D' pin back their ears to devour our QB it can actually ruin him for good. We've had QBs selected by this FO in the first day of the draft that were ruined by sitting on the bench. I still say, amongst Elkins, Blundin and Barnes, another team would have come up with at least one useful QB. The Chiefs seem to be going the same rout with Croyle now. :shake:

Hootie
10-12-2007, 01:38 PM
With this logic, we should just tank the season and get the #1 pick...

I think that would please more fans than a playoff appearance, which is totally sad IMO.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion (unless, of course, you prefer Huard over Croyle...those guys aren't allowed to have an opinion!)

Frankie
10-12-2007, 01:46 PM
With this logic, we should just tank the season and get the #1 pick...

I think that would please more fans than a playoff appearance, which is totally sad IMO.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion (unless, of course, you prefer Huard over Croyle...those guys aren't allowed to have an opinion!)
No what would please most fans is for Croyle to give a good account of himself, win or lose. That would give us solid hope for the long term future of this team as well as allowing us to use our top draft choices on O-linemen and DBs. The second possible scenario is we will KNOW that we should strategize our draft to get a QBOTF, if he does not pan out during THIS season. Both are better scenarios than backing into the playoffs to get embarrassed AGAIN by one of the teams that built the right way. And either way BRODIE CROYLE NEEDS TO SEE THE FIELD!

Hootie
10-12-2007, 01:48 PM
No what would please most fans is for Croyle to give a good account of himself, win or lose. That would give us solid hope for the long term future of this team as well as allowing us to use our top draft choices on O-linemen and DBs. The second possible scenario is we will KNOW that we should strategize our draft to get a QBOTF, if he does not pan out during THIS season. Both are better scenarios than backing into the playoffs to get embarrassed AGAIN by one of the teams that built the right way. And either way BRODIE CROYLE NEEDS TO SEE THE FIELD!
I think he can wait a year...

Rivers was just fine after waiting two years in San Diego, and I'm pretty sure he won 14 games his first year as a starter...

A lot can be learned when you're #2 and a young QB...

Otter
10-12-2007, 01:50 PM
HOW MANY ****ING TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO ARGUE ABOUT THIS?!?!? IS THERE REALLY ANYTHING ELSE THAT CAN BE SAID?

STFU

mikey23545
10-12-2007, 01:58 PM
So what glory do you see in losing the AFC West?

I am starting to wonder how many of you losers quit as soon as you get a score or two down, or get a bad break or something in the competitive events you participate in. Any team that gets to the playoffs has a shot at least, and if you lose, you lose. Anyone that embarrassed by losing in the playoffs should stay on the sidelines and sulk.

KurtCobain
10-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Again.... Huard will go down for the Packers game and have a need for shoulder surgery. Hello IR! Then Brodie comes in, sucks, but the defense and D Bowe and LJ(he'll boom) will send us to 10-6, beating SD in tiebreakers for the AFC west championship. We'll enter the playoffs, beat SD or the Jags in the WC round, but we'll lose Brodie to a collarbone injury. HELLO TYLER THIGPEN - - Take us to our Superbowl!

Logical
10-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Hey why isn't my Hootie filter working.(:

KurtCobain
10-12-2007, 02:02 PM

It's impossible to block!

morphius
10-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey, it is about time we get to pretend like we are in the NFC.

ChiefsGirl
10-12-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm glad that nobody beats dead horses around here.

KurtCobain
10-12-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm glad that nobody beats dead horses around here.

so many jokes

KCFalcon59
10-12-2007, 02:08 PM

We're still BETA testing.

Frankie
10-12-2007, 02:34 PM
HOW MANY ****ING TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO ARGUE ABOUT THIS?!?!? IS THERE REALLY ANYTHING ELSE THAT CAN BE SAID?

STFU
I posted this thread fully aware of its redundancy. But the emphasis of this one is not just "let Brodie play." It's "let Brodie play THIS WEEK. AGAINST THE BENGAL DEFENSE."

alpha_omega
10-12-2007, 02:44 PM
...beat SD or the Jags in the WC round...

I would call that a success regardless of what happened next.

bobbything
10-12-2007, 02:46 PM
I think he can wait a year...

Rivers was just fine after waiting two years in San Diego, and I'm pretty sure he won 14 games his first year as a starter...
Rivers was also behind Drew Brees.

Rasputin
10-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Huard lovers are in denial that their 11 year career clipboard holding MVP destined to deliver us to the playoffs this year and possibly a Super Bowl vicory, IS NOT GETTING THE JOB DONE!!! Our team is not getting the job done, our Coaches are not getting the job done. :banghead:

The Bengles may be the easiest game we have all year. I think they are in worse shambles than we are and would give Croyle a perfect opportunity to show us that he is a capable of managing a "WIN".

Please "Huard lovers" don't make any excuses for Huard if we lose this game. Huard has no excuse if we fail to win this game. I expect Huard to have a good game just because we are playing the Bengles. No excuses for Huard.

Huard lovers didn't give Croyle any excuses during preseason even though he had Svitec to block instead of D Macintosh at LT. What ever.

Valiant
10-12-2007, 04:05 PM
It looks like 9-7 will probably win it. There won't be a wild card team from this division either. The winner will go on to get mauled on national TV by either Indi or New England. So except for creating a pseudo hopeful fan environment and sell tickets for next year there is no real purpose for trying to win this division. And yes, this is a roundabout way to post another "start Croyle" post. Hopefully you notice a different angle here though. Please don't insult our intelligence by posting the standard "I wanna win at any time" B.S. I also want my team to win. But I want those wins to mean something and for long term. With the current state of the Bengals 'D' and their injuries we are presented with a gift. We may have an easier rush afternoon than in the previous games. Why should that extra dimension help our starting backup QB? What is the long term widfall from that? This is the perfect opportunity to ease Brodie Croyle into a game when he can be helped out by a breathing running game. That can do wonders for his confidence, long term. If he is put in during a game when we can't run and the opposing 'D' pin back their ears to devour our QB it can actually ruin him for good. We've had QBs selected by this FO in the first day of the draft that were ruined by sitting on the bench. I still say, amongst Elkins, Blundin and Barnes, another team would have come up with at least one useful QB. The Chiefs seem to be going the same rout with Croyle now. :shake:

Umm we will not make it to Indy or NE, one of the wildcards will annihilate us or whoever from the AFCW at this point..

Extra Point
10-12-2007, 04:08 PM
This is bullshit! IF we win the west, we can have a shot at round 2. (Of course, you have to win round 1.) Give fate/effort/game-luck some credit! (That's IF!)

ottawa_chiefs_fan
10-12-2007, 05:07 PM
San Diego is still the team to beat in the AFC West - they will get it together and make the AFC West proud! Unfortunately they will leave us the the 8-8 dust....

Iowanian
10-12-2007, 07:44 PM
I suppose its like being the smartest kid in Special Ed, or the brightest Persian.....

Buck
10-12-2007, 07:51 PM
I have to call Bullshit on the Thread Title.

Frankie
10-12-2007, 07:56 PM
I have to call Bullshit on the Thread Title.
Call away. But it won't change the truth. If we win it, let's try to win it with Brodie Croyle at the helm. If we win it without him it will be a hollow accomplishment as we will be back to the same point again next year without a viable, tested QB for our team's long term development.

Rasputin
10-12-2007, 08:05 PM
I would rather SanDletgomyeggos win our devision and not go to the playoffs than to be creampuffed by New England, Colts, Stealers, Jags, or (Titans maybe) in the first round of the playoffs. We just aren't that good of a football team this year. Hopefully we get Croyle in there soon so we can finesh this season with some upside. Croyle can win us games this year and he defintely imo is better than Huard is. Our O-line is just to week to sustain a winning streak and to build us momentum in the playoffs, so we would just lose again in the WC game.

KcMizzou
10-12-2007, 08:58 PM
I think this is silly.

Down year or not, I'd still rather win the damn thing than not.

MadMax
10-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Huard lovers are in denial that their 11 year career clipboard holding MVP destined to deliver us to the playoffs this year and possibly a Super Bowl vicory, IS NOT GETTING THE JOB DONE!!! Our team is not getting the job done, our Coaches are not getting the job done. :banghead:

The Bengles may be the easiest game we have all year. I think they are in worse shambles than we are and would give Croyle a perfect opportunity to show us that he is a capable of managing a "WIN".

Please "Huard lovers" don't make any excuses for Huard if we lose this game. Huard has no excuse if we fail to win this game. I expect Huard to have a good game just because we are playing the Bengles. No excuses for Huard.

Huard lovers didn't give Croyle any excuses during preseason even though he had Svitec to block instead of D Macintosh at LT. What ever.

We should have NEVER resigned that turd...I don't care what anyone here says, he is not even that good of a backup. Hell if we were gonna play a washed up vet backup QB this season there were much better options.

boogblaster
10-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Win the Div..OK..then worry about the POs..Who knows we may be rolling by then..ps. play the Kid....

Frankie
10-12-2007, 09:59 PM
he is not even that good of a backup.
That I don't agree with. I would feel comfortable with Huard as our backup.

Frankie
10-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Win the Div..OK..then worry about the POs..Who knows we may be rolling by then..ps. play the Kid....
"Rolling by then" requires great play by our O-line. Do you honestly see that in our immediate future?

MadMax
10-12-2007, 10:05 PM
That I don't agree with. I would feel comfortable with Huard as our backup.

That's fine I will disagree.. It's just my opinion and it doesn't mean much or change anything :)

KcMizzou
10-12-2007, 10:08 PM
That I don't agree with. I would feel comfortable with Huard as our backup.Agreed, he's a perfect backup.

banyon
10-12-2007, 10:10 PM
We could also trade the Panthers a draft pick for Vinny Testaverde while we are at it.

KcMizzou
10-12-2007, 10:11 PM
We could also trade the Panthers a draft pick for Vinny Testaverde while we are at it.He's got what... 8 productive years left?

Smed1065
10-12-2007, 10:39 PM
That's fine I will disagree.. It's just my opinion and it doesn't mean much or change anything :)

Must be a slacker to not change things then.

:)

MadMax
10-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Must be a slacker to not change things then.

:)

Why yes I am thank you very much, it explains my apathy. :) Anger has subsided and i'm left with the ( oh well I have no say ) BS! lol...Of course I could assasinate Carl and Herm, then spend my old age in the penitentiary.But with my luck they would hire another shitty GM and HC and i'll still never see the Chiefs win another Superbowl..
:p