PDA

View Full Version : Very humbling

RP_McMurphy
10-13-2007, 07:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3059155#

mikey23545
10-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Ahh, hell, I guess my damn allergies must be acting up again or something....

Bob Dole
10-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Stories like this put shit in perspective.

Simply Red
10-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Wow. Kinda makes an unsucessful Chief's season look, well. Not important.

Ebolapox
10-13-2007, 09:23 PM
...damn

it's things like this that show the world we live in isn't as hopeless as it seems sometimes.

kcfanXIII
10-13-2007, 09:25 PM
those boys just restored my faith in the next generation. so many seem to have no clue, and yet these 5 were humble enough to do something for this young man....

i don't think those are my allergies.

Phobia
10-13-2007, 09:27 PM
I did that when I was a kid. No frick'n ESPN coverage though. Michael Vick must have died or something.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-14-2007, 07:35 AM
am I the only one who doesn't follow why they had to throw the game?

wazu
10-14-2007, 07:46 AM

They threw the homecoming king competition, not the game. (It was poorly written in an effort to be clever.)

kstater
10-14-2007, 07:56 AM

I had to re-read it a couple times to figure out that they didn't throw the game.

The Red Sea
10-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Damn powerful story.

If your not touched then your for Sure not a parent or your too damn young to get it yet.

I know since I became a parent I've been a Ton more sentimental on this kind of stuff but still this story should touch everyone & make you realise each day your here or your wife or brother or kids is special.

Too be honest the first few lines I read I thought..Oh great another story about some douche bag kids doing something awful.

I'm 40 & from what I see at my kids school theres not many good kids out there now.

But maybe theres hope.

Kerberos
10-14-2007, 07:59 AM
(It was poorly written in an effort to be clever.)

I didn't see CE Wendler anywhere on this as being the author?

ROYC75
10-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Stories like this put shit in perspective.

Yep...............

Adept Havelock
10-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Thank you.

Bob Dole
10-16-2007, 05:38 PM
To update: According to his mother, the young man passed away at 3pm on 10/14.

Source (http://z13.invisionfree.com/Help_For_Elijah/index.php?showtopic=319)

R&GHomer
10-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Very touching and yes it does give one hope for the next generation.

KChiefs1
10-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Here's her message:

I know that many of you may already know of my son's departure from this world yesterday afternoon, 10-14-2007at 3pm. due to the media coverage and so forth...But, I wanted to take a moment to at least let you know HOW VERY MUCH YOUR PRAYERS ANE SUPPORT have meant to our family during these difficult times of struggle. Eli's journey was a long, hard one...but, one he told God he was available for..none the less. Eli wanted his life to make a difference in this world. He wanted to point his friends to the Lord...and their salvation was the most important thing to him. He was a boy of few words...who still got his message acrossed. AND HE WAS LOVED BY SO MANY!!!!

I will take more time to give you more information on the events of the past couple of weeks...but, for now, please just take a moment to pray for our family as we move forward towards the days ahead. Please pray that Eli's CELEBRATION OF HIS LIFE on Thursday @ 3:30. Pray that it will be everything he prayed it would be. Pray for those who will be morning him...that they will look towards seeing him again in heaven and will allow that to give them peace and comfort. I KNOW THAT THIS THOUGHT WILL BE GIVING ME PEACE...THOUGH THE PAIN OF MISSING HIM IS SOOO STRONG RIGHT NOW. He and I have been together for a solid 4 years. I think the furthest he has been away from me in the past two years has been two blocks or a few over nights at his dads...AND I COULD HARDLY WAIT FOR HIM TO GET HOME. Well, now his home is at a different address. One that is full of GLORY AND GODS GRACE. His body is no longer in pain...and can breath with ease. He will not suffer a moment longer. Instead, he is enjoying the riches and promises of heaven. And I want to send as message to Eli's friends at Lake Fenton High School...."Though he loved hanging out with you....he's hanging out with Jesus now."

So, for now, please go to mlive.com to get info for the next few days of visitation. I believe it will be there. Today has been a blur really...but, my family helped me enormously in preparing and planning for a wonderful day of celebration for "our Eli"...and I believe in my heart that lives have been and will continue to be changed because of the presence of my son.

For now, I must get some rest...there are days of ministry ahead.

We love you guys....Keep checkin in on the site...And I promise I will get some more info on their. And I will be including wonderful pics soon as well. Hope to see many of you during visitation or the funeral.

In his love,
Trina
(ELI'S MOM).........always!

KCFalcon59
10-16-2007, 06:17 PM
:deevee: damn onions.

chop
10-16-2007, 06:28 PM
A friend of mine has a daughter his age and they were friends. On Thursday, his funeral is going to be at the Church I attend.

ChiTown
10-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the post and the subsequent update. I shared it with my 2 boys and both of them had tears in their eyes (along with Mom and Dad). Powerful, indeed.

Demonpenz
10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
that boy was sent here to help everyone.

Easy 6
10-16-2007, 07:27 PM
NOTHING on Earth is as heartbreaking as kids having to stare death in the face.

We can plan a trip to Mars within our lifetimes, inject microscopic "robots" into people to treat illness & all kinds of other miraculous things...but cant find a solution to cancer/leukemia that has a high success %???

chagrin
10-16-2007, 07:32 PM
If cancer has touched anyone's life - you know; it sucks and I am sorry for this guy, bless him.