PDA

View Full Version : Kansas #13 in this year's first BCS, Mizzou #16

alnorth
10-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Apparently the computers like the Jayhawks more than the voters, ranking them on average somewhere around #8-9.

Lzen
10-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Strictly speaking of the BCS, a cream puff schedule really kills you if you lose a game or two. But I don't care about that. Mangino is trying to build confidence and a winning mindset. So far, it seems to be the right thing to do.

alnorth
10-14-2007, 03:00 PM
With our weak schedule, we would probably actually need that Big XII championship game unlike many other teams in our conference in the past. We probably need to run the table, trounce Misery, get matched up with the Sooners, and beat them convincingly to have any shot at the big game. I think the chances of that are very slim, but I'm just happy that its still not zero in mid-October! Even if we lose a couple games and finish 10-2, I'll take it and run.

eazyb81
10-14-2007, 03:56 PM
With our weak schedule, we would probably actually need that Big XII championship game unlike many other teams in our conference in the past. We probably need to run the table, trounce Misery, get matched up with the Sooners, and beat them convincingly to have any shot at the big game. I think the chances of that are very slim, but I'm just happy that its still not zero in mid-October! Even if we lose a couple games and finish 10-2, I'll take it and run.

WOW......are you seriously even thinking about the BCS game? LMAO!!!

ROFLROFLROFL

ROYC75
10-14-2007, 04:00 PM
WOW......are you seriously even thinking about the BCS game? LMAO!!!

ROFLROFLROFL

What ? You never had a dream of MU doing this, Oh wait, it's MU, I stand corrected ........... :D

KU and a NC game, not this year or next year, some day, maybe. Most likely in basketball, OK.

WilliamTheIrish
10-14-2007, 04:07 PM
You'll have to win out. Or win the North with a loss or two (entirely possible) then win the CCG.

Viola, BCS.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-14-2007, 04:09 PM
with KU's sos they will fall out of the rankings as the season progresses...

kcfanXIII
10-14-2007, 04:10 PM

the border war at arrowhead will have more meaning than in a long time. :mizzou: :toast: :KU: here's to rivalry.

eazyb81
10-14-2007, 04:11 PM
You'll have to win out. Or win the North with a loss or two (entirely possible) then win the CCG.

Viola, BCS.

A BCS game? Sure. But he was suggesting KU has a chance at the "big" game, which is just cute.

BWillie
10-14-2007, 04:22 PM

I disagree. If we go 12-0 (which we won't) but if we do, I think we have a good shot to be in the championship game. There aren't alot of undefeated teams left. If it went down to just OSU, KU, and USF undefeated. Pretty sure KU would leapfrog USF by that time.

WilliamTheIrish
10-14-2007, 04:25 PM
A BCS game? Sure. But he was suggesting KU has a chance at the "big" game, which is just cute.

Oh. A thousand pardons.

alnorth
10-14-2007, 04:44 PM
with KU's sos they will fall out of the rankings as the season progresses...

Actually, the SOS damage has already been done, its only going to improve from here on out with the Big 12 conference games coming. Also, a couple of the "weak" teams that seemed pathetic at the time are beginning to win more games than expected.

DaKCMan AP
10-14-2007, 04:53 PM
There aren't alot of undefeated teams left. If it went down to just OSU, KU, and USF undefeated. Pretty sure KU would leapfrog USF by that time.

Lets play this game. If somehow (however unlikely) it came down to those three teams, USF beat a team that was ranked in the top-10 at the time (WVU) plus has a quality win over Auburn. KU wont play a team that's ranked in the top-10 all season, except for maybe the Big XII Champ game, if then.

ArrowheadHawk
10-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Lets play this game. If somehow (however unlikely) it came down to those three teams, USF beat a team that was ranked in the top-10 at the time (WVU) plus has a quality win over Auburn. KU wont play a team that's ranked in the top-10 all season, except for maybe the Big XII Champ game, if then.
another reason why if this highly unlikely scenario happens we need to have a 4 team playoff that would solve everything

DaKCMan AP
10-14-2007, 05:03 PM
another reason why if this highly unlikely scenario happens we need to have a 4 team playoff that would solve everything

A plus-1 game would solve most, not all, problems.

ROYC75
10-14-2007, 05:24 PM
The BCA NC is a pipe dream, doesn't even merit talk of it, less know a BCS game at this time. It will take some serious winning to get a BCS game....... Win out , Yes, but very unlikely.

Can KU finish # 2 or # 3 in the Big XII ? Yes, that could set them up for like a Cotton Bowl invite.....

Braincase
10-14-2007, 05:49 PM
BCS standings don't mean squat until the last two weeks of the college season. KU needs to buckle down, take one opponent at a time, and let the cards fall where they may.