PDA

View Full Version : LJ's Fumble at the Goal line

KCJohnny
10-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Were you screaming "Go LJ! Go!"?

I think he was fighting for the EZ as it was his own yards out there in the secondary and wouldn't have to depend on his OL for 3 plunges from inside the 5.

I give him kudos for a heckuva an effort. Tough break, though. That game could easily have been 34-13. Why we went back to wussball in the 2nd half, I don't know. LJ was clearly unhappy with the shift to Sesame Street football...

Maybe the first game where we had 3 out of 4 quarters where most of the team showed up?

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 08:01 PM
I thought he pulled his hamstring. It looked like he pulled up lame. Guess not though. Pretty pissed he didn't protect the ball.

blueballs
do the yards he ran count on his stats

Hootie
we definitely dominated much more than the scoreboard indicates...

As for that run, I truly felt sorry for him after that, that run pretty summed up his season up until then...

but wtf was he doing not protecting the ball down there??

keg in kc
Great defensive play.

Direckshun
10-14-2007, 08:02 PM
LJ is just not playing well, period.

He's playing lacksidaisical, and as if he's afraid of The Big Hit.

I've been incredibly disappointed in his play this season, and if Green Bay floated a 1st rounder for him at this point, I'd pull the trigger.

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2007, 08:03 PM
WTF is he doing trying to stiff arm a guy who is behind him?

If he puts his head down and runs, he scores.

blueballs
10-14-2007, 08:03 PM
I see nothing that much different in his play
he always looks like a sloth before crossing the line of scrimage

Hootie
10-14-2007, 08:05 PM
MEH

I think LJ will be ok.

Demonpenz
10-14-2007, 08:07 PM
I think LJ's ability to be an above average tackle breaker is gone. The dump pass to him at the end of the half i was thinking "he is going to shed those two for a touchdown" he didn't. In that spot it is a burden being so big. Priest would have found a way to knife through somehow.

Kylo Ren
10-14-2007, 08:07 PM

I think he was fighting for the EZ as it was his own yards out there in the secondary and wouldn't have to depend on his OL for 3 plunges from inside the 5.

I give him kudos for a heckuva an effort. Tough break, though. That game could easily have been 34-13. Why we went back to wussball in the 2nd half, I don't know. LJ was clearly unhappy with the shift to Sesame Street football...

Maybe the first game where we had 3 out of 4 quarters where most of the team showed up? I was thinking "man, LJ is snakebit this year".

Terribilis
10-14-2007, 08:09 PM
I am not going to fault him for that fumble. that was a great defensive play. I have to imagine that when you break about 8 tackles on a play, and you still have to deal with about 3 people before you can get across a goal line -you have seen once all year- you might be a bit distracted and not cover the ball perfectly.

Zouk
10-14-2007, 08:11 PM
That play was not nearly as bad as stopping the clock with 4 minutes left so he could spike the ball. The only reason we ran on 3rd and long was to kill clock, but baby Larry had to spike the ball because he got tackled behind the line.

Definitely not something championship players do. This guy really worries me.

petegz28
10-14-2007, 08:12 PM
do the yards he ran count on his stats

yes

King_Chief_Fan
10-14-2007, 08:13 PM

Maybe the first game where we had 3 out of 4 quarters where most of the team showed up?

wussball is Herm ball. I don't disagree that throwing the ball around would be stupid at that stage of the game, but LJ running for losses during the last couple of possesions was concerning. This team cannot protect the lead by running the ball. He barely broke 100 against the worst run D in the NFL. something needs to be done if Herm insists on playing wussball. Not getting 1st downs those last couple of possesions had me sweating.

teedubya
10-14-2007, 08:13 PM
I was sitting in that endzone, and that play sucked. ****ING SUCKED!!!

horribly bad.

Hootie
10-14-2007, 08:14 PM
I was sitting in that endzone, and that play sucked. ****ING SUCKED!!!

horribly bad.
It was an awesome play until the fumble =)

Terribilis
10-14-2007, 08:14 PM
the refs are over-killing the spiked ball thing. I am not sure that 'spike' warranted a penalty. he is frustrated. its not like he spiked it AT someone

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 08:17 PM
It was an awesome play until the fumble =)

A precise cut will be needed to insert it in this year's highlight film.

blueballs
10-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Pissed Larry use to be great Larry
we can't have it both ways

jjjayb
10-14-2007, 08:18 PM
I am not going to fault him for that fumble. that was a great defensive play. I have to imagine that when you break about 8 tackles on a play, and you still have to deal with about 3 people before you can get across a goal line -you have seen once all year- you might be a bit distracted and not cover the ball perfectly.

Great defensive play my eye. Easy play with the way LJ was running with the ball so far out from his body. He looked like he was doing the funky chicken out there with his arms a flappin. I was screaming "hold the ball" the whole time. You could see it coming with the way he was running careless with the ball.

Buehler445
10-14-2007, 08:18 PM

I've been incredibly disappointed in his play this season, and if Green Bay floated a 1st rounder for him at this point, I'd pull the trigger.

I agree that he is not playing well. I'm perplexed by this. I don't think it is the carries last year. I would GUESS that he isn't out there to prove something this year.

That being said, I hate to give up on the guy. He is so friggin talented.

The other RB's haven't done anything either, our run game is gone without him. I think we need to spend some serious Draft picks/$$$ before I get rid of him. But if he has another sub-par season, his trade value diminishes a lot.

I just want a dominant ass-kicking LJ :deevee:

10-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Football 101. Protect the ball at all times. He does not hold the ball close to his body on any run. Drives me nuts.

The fumble is unacceptable.

Terribilis
10-14-2007, 08:23 PM
i have never seen a big-time back cover the ball with both hands 100% of the time

MaxFects
10-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Anyone know how many spiked ball penalties been called in the league so far? I imagine a lot.

Terribilis
10-14-2007, 08:36 PM
i have seen at least one in every game i have watched this year- its really absurd imo

The Bad Guy
10-14-2007, 08:38 PM

Yes, and we should eat that signing bonus.

I don't know how you can be dissapointed in LJ when he's running behind the 5 blind mice.

KCJohnny
10-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Yes, and we should eat that signing bonus.

I don't know how you can be dissapointed in LJ when he's running behind the 5 blind mice.

Or maybe invest a few high quality blockers...

gblowfish
10-14-2007, 09:01 PM
I've been known to call LJ "Leon."
Today he looked like Leon Lett on that play.

Hootie
10-14-2007, 09:08 PM
almost 500 straight touches without a fumble though

BWillie
10-14-2007, 09:09 PM

Leon, you know there isn't an I in team don't you?

"yeah, well there ain't know we either".

It looked like LJ was starting to showboat at the end there and Deltha just wacked it out. As a vet, he should know better.

cdcox
10-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Huard should have been down in the endzone to fall on the fumble. The guy has no hustle.

MadMax
10-14-2007, 09:19 PM

ROFL @ Sesame street football :) So true

KCJohnny
10-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Huard should have been down in the endzone to fall on the fumble. The guy has no hustle.

ROFL

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2007, 09:57 PM
It happened in my end zone, it looked like he was trying to reach the ball over the goal line and it got punched out.

Third Eye
10-14-2007, 10:34 PM
After that play I couldn't help but flash back to the Priest fumble against Indy in the playoffs a few years back. Granted, that one wasn't on the goal line but it felt similar.

One quick LJ vent- I assume everyone saw his "lookout" block that nearly got Huard killed. That was inexcusable.

Phobia
10-14-2007, 10:46 PM

It looked like LJ was starting to showboat at the end there and Deltha just wacked it out. As a vet, he should know better.
Do people seriously not know the difference between "KNOW" and "NO"?

I don't see how anybody makes that mistake.

Chief Henry
10-15-2007, 08:07 AM
I only watched the 2nd half. I thought LJ sucked at everything, espeacially blocking. LJ has along way to go before he can claim to be all pro.

FAX
10-15-2007, 08:22 AM

Flustrate much?

FAX

ROYC75
10-15-2007, 08:31 AM

I was calling him a few choice words..... :cuss:

chop
10-15-2007, 08:41 AM

There is an M and an E. ME.

King_Chief_Fan
10-15-2007, 08:43 AM

I no what you mean. And the answer is know, people don't no the difference

InChiefsHeaven
10-15-2007, 08:43 AM
LJ's first fumble in 470 carries...even though it happened at a very bad time, I'll give him a pass. He ran very hard and very well in the first half...

...2nd half there was a lot going wrong on the O, but LJ was definately going back into his shell...

Chiefnj2
10-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Larry needs to sit on the bench when he starts going all Leon and taking plays off.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-15-2007, 09:41 AM

KU grad.

ROYC75
10-15-2007, 09:59 AM
KU grad.

And you KNOW for sure ? No ?

Tinlar
10-15-2007, 10:05 AM
You know what... look at LJ's jersey at the end of the game. He looks like he's been on a long tumble setting inside a dryer full of bricks. He drops the ball once every 12 games or so and missed a block, so what. Who would you rather have back there?

bsp4444
10-15-2007, 10:06 AM

It looked more to me like he was trying to keep the ball away from the defender he did see, at the expense of the one he did not. Fumbling is not LJ's issue, blocking is. And as for a bad time, I can't think if a better time, a game we won. What if that had cost us the game...that would have been the worst.

Mr. Laz
10-15-2007, 10:12 AM
it was sloppy play, LJ was so busy trying to stiff arm another guy so he could go into the endzone standing up, he didn't protect the ball.

selfish

instead of thinking "team" and wrapping the ball up with both hands and lowering his head ..... he was thinking style points.

he's a doofus

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-15-2007, 10:28 AM
I don't no who I was moore pissed off at LJ or Solari .

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2007, 10:41 AM
concerning LJ's running ability this year, I believe he's still bothered by the hamstring pull that occured in the beginning of the season

Micjones
10-15-2007, 10:45 AM
I was disappointed by the fumble, but it was also a great play by the defender.

I think you have to focus on getting to paydirt rather than stiff-arming a trailing defender...Especially when you're 1 yard out. Just lean and get 6!!!

R&GHomer
10-15-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't no who I was moore pissed off at LJ or Solari .

Why were you pissed at Solari on that play. That was all LJ

Wile_E_Coyote
10-15-2007, 10:55 AM
As hard as TD and points have been to come by, he new he had to go all out to cross the goal line

Mr. Laz
10-15-2007, 10:59 AM
As hard as TD and points have been to come by, he new he had to go all out to cross the goal line

then he should just lowered his shoulder and dove ..... he was already close enough.

imo he was pissed and didn't want to be tackled

Wile_E_Coyote
10-15-2007, 11:01 AM
then he should just lowered his shoulder and dove ..... he was already close enough.

imo he was pissed and didn't want to be tackled

When is being a competitor a good thing? When is it bad?

Basileus777
10-15-2007, 11:05 AM
1 fumble in 470 carries....

This is being blown way out of proportion. For some reason there is a group of people on this board that want to hate LJ and will take any excuse to do so.

EyePod
10-15-2007, 11:07 AM
WHY ARE WE SO BAD AT DOING SCREENS??? We should just GIVE UP on them. They officially don't work for us.

Basileus777
10-15-2007, 11:09 AM
WHY ARE WE SO BAD AT DOING SCREENS??? We should just GIVE UP on them. They officially don't work for us.

We execute the play so horribly that it doesn't even look like we practice it. Considering we use a screen on just about every drive, its pathetic that our coaches can't get this **** right.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-15-2007, 11:13 AM

This is being blown way out of proportion. For some reason there is a group of people on this board that want to hate LJ and will take any excuse to do so.

He can do no right is some eyes & no wrong in others. The Chiefs make us emotional like that

picasso
10-15-2007, 12:19 PM
I see nothing that much different in his play
he always looks like a sloth before crossing the line of scrimage

That is the problem he never gets across the line of scrimmage.

Mr. Laz
10-15-2007, 12:29 PM

oh that's just complete bunk...

people look for reasons to love the players on the Chiefs

LJ has earned all the shite people give him ... he looks out of shape and he attitude has always been borderline. If he grows up then people will stop being critical of him.

there is no secret LJ bashing society, there is no hidden agenda.

LJ acts like a jackass so he gets treated like a jackass.

picasso
10-15-2007, 12:31 PM

LJ is frickin baby ass whining SOB.
He has money in the pocket and a NEW lack of desire to compete. He should have had 100 yards by the end of the first against a bunch of scrub LBs and a bottom of the barrel bengal DL.
I would rather see Priest in there getting his ass planted due to our poor OL but he would at least exhibit some professional attitude and a genuine love of the game as a team player and a nose for the endzone.

donkhater
10-15-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't question LJ's desire to be great. I think he'll work hard because he sincerely wants to be one of the all-time greats. He has that passion.

But great for the team? That I question.