PDA

View Full Version : Crowd at Arrowhead today

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Man it felt like Arrowhead was back to its old self today. The Minnesota and Jacksonville games that place felt totally different but today it was rocking. Anybody else feel that way who was there.

beer bacon
10-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Bunch of chumps taken in by the King Karl hype machine. Wow Chiefs fans are gay. We need DV back ASAP.

stevieray
10-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Yup, I got the same feeling...you know people are having a good time when the wave gets going..

BigRedChief
10-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Man it felt like Arrowhead was back to its old self today. The Minnesota and Jacksonville games that place felt totally different but today it was rocking. Anybody else feel that way who was there.The crowd was nothing like it was before. Those times you thought it was loud on 3rd down was the way it was all the game in the past.

For crissakes the crowd was doing the wave while we had the ball on offense they were so frigging bored.

There was thousands of no-shows.

25% of the crowd left when the game was still in doubt.

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2007, 09:59 PM
The crowd was nothing like it was before. Those times you thought it was loud on 3rd down was the way it was all the game in the past.

For crissakes the crowd was doing the wave while we had the ball on offense they were so frigging bored.

Course its not like the 90's but it was a vast improvement over the last two.

stevieray
10-14-2007, 10:01 PM
The crowd was nothing like it was before. Those times you thought it was loud on 3rd down was the way it was all the game in the past.

There was thousands of no-shows.

25% of the crowd left when the game was still in doubt.

not in my section... :hmmm:

Iowanian
10-14-2007, 10:01 PM
on TV it looked half full at best.....

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2007, 10:02 PM

Mine either.

BigRedChief
10-14-2007, 10:04 PM
You are hard core dude. But there ain't 79K hard core fans left in Arrowhead.

I was very disappointed to see that many people leave while the game was in doubt.:cuss:

Reerun_KC
10-14-2007, 10:06 PM
I thought the crowd was weak from Home today.. I kept adjusting my surround sound because I couldnt hear them on Defense?...

Maybe it was just the feed. but it seemed like a crowd bored off there butt and not very excited about spending money on the mediocre train agian...

luv
10-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Yup, I got the same feeling...you know people are having a good time when the wave gets going..
That was awesome. The place was rockin'. If you couldn't hear it on tv, then they had good filters. LOUD.

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2007, 10:08 PM
I was very disappointed to see that many people leave while the game was in doubt.:cuss:

No kidding, with Palmer & Co. that one wasnt safe at all.

burt
10-14-2007, 10:09 PM

It was cool seeing you at the game!

stevieray
10-14-2007, 10:11 PM

right back atcha!

BigRedChief
That was awesome. The place was rockin'. If you couldn't hear it on tv, then they had good filters. LOUD.
Diminishing goals is what's happening here. So we start threads that the crowd was great when they got loud about half the time? Cincy was 1-11 on 3rd downs trys. The crows should have been nuts, 90's nuts not what passes for a good crowd in 2007.

chiefbowe82
I thought the crowd was weak from Home today.. I kept adjusting my surround sound because I couldnt hear them on Defense?...

Maybe it was just the feed. but it seemed like a crowd bored off there butt and not very excited about spending money on the mediocre train agian...

yeah, I don't remember the crowd forcing a TO today.

Buck
Crowd today at the Q was 35% Raiders, the most its been since 2003...

FloridaMan88
Good to see that most of the fanbase is fed up with the medicority that the Wargabage Illustrated crowd is perfectly willing to accept.

BigRedChief
You stop and see FDE but not me? WTF?:cuss:

burt
10-14-2007, 10:13 PM
right back atcha!

My boy was quite impressed that I "knew" such a superstar.

burt
10-14-2007, 10:14 PM

I tried to find you before the game and couldn't. I was dying for one of your famous Jaggerbombs.

luv
10-14-2007, 10:14 PM
I would have come to see you, but I spent all my time last time I was there roaming around finding tailgates.

stevieray
10-14-2007, 10:15 PM
You are hard core dude. But there ain't 79K hard core fans left in Arrowhead.

ya, that's a bummer...

luv
10-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Diminishing goals is what's happening here. So we start threads that the crowd was great when they got loud about half the time? Cincy was 1-11 on 3rd downs trys. The crows should have been nuts, 90's nuts not what passes for a good crowd in 2007.
My first game was Houston in '04. With the exception of two Donks games, it was the loudest I've heard. Thanksgiving last year was the loudest ever.

BigRedChief
10-14-2007, 10:16 PM
I tried to find you before the game and couldn't. I was dying for one of your famous Jaggerbombs.I'm about 20 yards away from where FDE was. FDE got to have one when I wasn't even at my own tailgate!:mad:

BigRedChief
10-14-2007, 10:17 PM
My first game was Houston in '04. With the exception of two Donks games, it was the loudest I've heard. Thanksgiving last year was the loudest ever.
The Denver game was 90's loud. Thats how you rock Arrowhead, not like they were today.

Third Eye
10-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Bunch of chumps taken in by the King Karl hype machine. Wow Chiefs fans are gay. We need DV back ASAP.
No. I much prefer our mediocre team with a defense to our mediocre teams with an offense.

As to the original point, there were lots of no shows, and the crowd was lackluster. Our ever improving defense should bring that Arrowhead spirit back. Years of all O and no D has taught our crowd to be quiet (you don't make noise on offense and who could cheer for the D?).

burt
10-14-2007, 10:19 PM
My son and I screamed ourselves horse......really. It's kinda cool, he hasn't been a Chiefs fan.........until today. It was cool seeing him "givin' some love"(high 5's) to everyone around us...and absolutely screaming when we were on D.

stevieray
10-14-2007, 10:20 PM
My boy was quite impressed that I "knew" such a superstar.

not even..tell him I said it was cool meeting him too.

Oh Snap
10-14-2007, 10:22 PM
didnt a decible meter flash up on the tv screen to day saying arrowhead got up to 130db??? Thats pretty loud if you ask me..

stevieray
10-14-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm about 20 yards away from where FDE was. FDE got to have one when I wasn't even at my own tailgate!:mad:

do tell us why...

Demonpenz
10-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Bob Gretz said that he thought the chiefs fans were smart, but they are doing something stupid by doing the wave while team is on offense. SOMEONE TELL THESE PEOPLES TO SIT DOWN!

Demonpenz
10-14-2007, 11:12 PM
i don't agree with gretz you buy tickets do what you want

BigRedChief
10-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Bob Gretz said that he thought the chiefs fans were smart, but they are doing something stupid by doing the wave while team is on offense. SOMEONE TELL THESE PEOPLES TO SIT DOWN!Maybe he should tell Herm that we should be going for the juglar instead of playing not lose in the 2nd half and maybe they wouldn't be doing the wave to start with?

petegz28
10-15-2007, 07:07 AM
If the defense keeps it up AND we keep winning the crowd will get back tot he 90's feel.

I never heard a stadium as lound under DV as I did under Marty.

Dartgod
10-15-2007, 07:08 AM
The crowd was loud at times, but you could feel the effect of the empty seats. Loud yes, but not consistantly so.

And the wave while we were on offense was an embarrassment. :shake:

BigRedChief
10-15-2007, 07:17 AM
The crowd was loud at times, but you could feel the effect of the empty seats. Loud yes, but not consistantly so.

I told the people around me that this is stupid we are on offense, sit down and quit making noise. Some listened, most didn't.

stevieray
10-15-2007, 07:20 AM
kinda harmless IMO, the offense is capable of playing with noise.

Que Card QB
10-15-2007, 07:23 AM
It seemed to me the wave got started during a tv timeout but got going when we were on offense. People were just having a good time--much better feel than the Jacksonville game--and the I could sense the Bengal fans around me hated it.

Sfeihc
10-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Nothing more that I like when I'm at Arrowhead or any other game for that matter and some dumbass around me tells when I can and can't cheer for my team.

BigRedChief
10-15-2007, 07:27 AM
Nothing more that I like when I'm at Arrowhead or any other game for that matter and some dumbass around me tells when I can and can't cheer for my team.
UUUHHHH doing the wave is not cheering for your team.ROFL

bobbything
10-15-2007, 07:31 AM
The stadium was about 75% full, at best. What bothered me was people leaving with 5:00 left to go and Cinci had the ball down 10.

I'm all for causing a blackout if we're wanting to get a point across to management, but, unless the game is a blowout one way or another, I never understood leaving early. The game was still well in reach for Cinci.

The wave is stupid no matter the occasion. Regardless, anyone who thinks it distracts the offense is kidding themselves.

jidar
10-15-2007, 07:46 AM
I've got about 4 different sources telling me the place was rocking then I see all the negative shit in this thread.

Mom, the sun coming up, people being whiny ****ing sour pusses on chiefsplanet, some things you can just count on.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Man it felt like Arrowhead was back to its old self today. The Minnesota and Jacksonville games that place felt totally different but today it was rocking. Anybody else feel that way who was there.

When the CHiefs play poorly = Arrowhead sucks

When the CHiefs play good = Arrowhead rocks.

So basically any sports stadium in the known universe.

ROYC75
10-15-2007, 07:52 AM

Bob Gretz had a nice comment about that one too ........

Chief Henry
10-15-2007, 07:59 AM
I watched the 2nd half and I saw a lot of yellow seats. Were they all in the bath roomline ?

BigRedChief
10-15-2007, 07:59 AM
I've got about 4 different sources telling me the place was rocking then I see all the negative shit in this thread.

Mom, the sun coming up, people being whiny ****ing sour pusses on chiefsplanet, some things you can just count on.Why don't you get your lazy azz out to Arrowhead then? I'm paying out $3k a year to watch the Chiefs in person. What are you doing to support the team?

BigRedChief
10-15-2007, 08:03 AM
I watched the 2nd half and I saw a lot of yellow seats. Were they all in the bath roomline ?
nope, a lot of fans left early even before the game was decided. Just about the time the wave got finished. They started picking up and leaving.