PDA

View Full Version : Guys that need to get the Fluck off the field. . and guys who really impressed

percysnow
10-15-2007, 07:19 AM
Benny Sapp. . enough said

Kris Wilson. . this guy is just a nightmare in all apsects of the game

Jarrad Page. . getting beat alot and missing alot of tackles. . will be a good player in this league just not ready yet. . .

LJ on any passing play

Guys who impressed:

the usual suspects. . Jared Allen, Tony G

Damon Huard - with that line he had a great game

Jeff Webb..Made a couple of big catches. . can overlook the fumble

Alfonso Boone - this big mofo was all over the field

Colquitt- he's a machine. .

Donnie edwards- was around the ball alot

Benard Pollard. . lot of big hits. . gonna be a great palyer in this league

Reerun_KC
10-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Hell Cincy is trotting out the Career Day _efense II....

Horrid better have a great day... Derek Anderson 5 TD's agianst that _efense and Anderson isnt in the same class as Manning, Downfield Big Game, or Brady....

percysnow
10-15-2007, 07:24 AM
believe me im not sold on Damon yet but he was putting the ball where it need to be and when he was sacked he held onto the ball . . .mistake free football. . .id like to everntually give Croyle a chance but i think Damon gives us our best chance to win this year. . yes we will not make superbowl . .but i would love to even see a wildcard. .

BigRedChief
10-15-2007, 07:28 AM

He missed several blocks today that could have sprung LJ.

Splat420
10-15-2007, 07:31 AM

As you can see by my sig I'm a big Pollard fan that being said I would like to see him start making the sure tackle he goes for the big hit to much we don't need another Wesley.

Reerun_KC
10-15-2007, 07:31 AM
believe me im not sold on Damon yet but he was putting the ball where it need to be and when he was sacked he held onto the ball . . .mistake free football. . .id like to everntually give Croyle a chance but i think Damon gives us our best chance to win this year. . yes we will not make superbowl . .but i would love to even see a wildcard. .

So why keep playing Horrid????

Typical Chiefs fan reaction. Making the playoffs and getting run out because we dont belong and have zero shot of making the superbowl, is better than building a serious contender and trying to make the superbowl....

We are so stuck in the early 1990's as a fan base...

We celebrate first round playoff losses like other teams celebrate superbowl wins....

FYI, this isnt a personal attack on you Percysnow, I have a couple of uncles that would rather go 8-8 thru 10-6 and have hope for a playoff spot then take a chance on grooming a young QB and building for the future... They dont want to take a chance on going to the superbowl, they said and I shit you not, they would rather just have a winning record in the regular season and not worry about superbowl appearances. Yes they are season ticket holders... 20 tickets to be matter of fact... They are Carls dream fans....

Carl's BS roots are deep in the KC fan base...

Splat420
10-15-2007, 07:33 AM
I just want to get Gonzo one playoff win before he rides off in to the sun set.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-15-2007, 07:36 AM
I laugh at the people that have all the sudden crowned Huard King of KC. IT WAS THE CINCINNATI DEFENSE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

percysnow
10-15-2007, 07:47 AM

Typical Chiefs fan reaction. Making the playoffs and getting run out because we dont belong and have zero shot of making the superbowl, is better than building a serious contender and trying to make the superbowl....

We celebrate first round playoff losses like other teams celebrate superbowl wins....

I do hear your point, and I do fit into that catagory because I became a chief fan in the late 80's. . .I guess as a Chiefs fan Ive been programmed to be excited about medocrity. . I just see a Superbowl so far away and would rather get that one extra week of football and that little tiny glimmer of hope that a wildcard gets us. . I wouldnt be upset if we put Croyle in. . I actually think they are both pretty bad QB's

pikesome
10-15-2007, 07:56 AM
I laugh at the people that have all the sudden crowned Huard King of KC. IT WAS THE CINCINNATI DEFENSE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

You have to give him some credit. He did fairly well. Nothing changes the fact he's a dead-end street for this team though.

FAX
10-15-2007, 08:31 AM
I laugh at the people that have all the sudden crowned Huard King of KC.

Mr. Rain Man waggles his peepee at those people, Mr. Vanilla Thunder.

As well he should.

FAX

jjchieffan
10-15-2007, 08:33 AM

FYI, this isnt a personal attack on you Percysnow, I have a couple of uncles that would rather go 8-8 thru 10-6 and have hope for a playoff spot then take a chance on grooming a young QB and building for the future... They dont want to take a chance on going to the superbowl, they said and I shit you not, they would rather just have a winning record in the regular season and not worry about superbowl appearances. Yes they are season ticket holders... 20 tickets to be matter of fact... They are Carls dream fans....

Carl's BS roots are deep in the KC fan base...

Frankly, ther is no way anyone beats NE in the playoffs this year. Not even Indy. For everyone else, making the playoff is going to have to be good enough. I want a championship as much as the rest of you, but with the low expectations for this year, a playoff appearance will be a MAJOR accomplishment. I am encouraged in the fact that the drafting is much improved, and we are building a championship caliber team.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Mr. Rain Man waggles his peepee at those people, Mr. Vanilla Thunder.

As well he should.

FAX

ROFL We all should.

Typical Chiefs fans though. A crappy player has a good game against a bad opponent, and ALL HAIL KING HUARD! Although some have learned their lesson I see.

ceebz
10-15-2007, 09:05 AM
All I hear is how everyone wants to get younger. "Start the young guys, let's see if they can play."

Then one of young guys makes a few mistakes and you want to bench him. :shake:

I can only imagine what this place would be like if Brodie was playing.

pikesome
10-15-2007, 09:09 AM
All I hear is how everyone wants to get younger. "Start the young guys, let's see if they can play."

Then one of young guys makes a few mistakes and you want to bench him. :shake:

I can only imagine what this place would be like if Brodie was playing.

The only player being labeled for benching is Sapp and his outburst was not the kind of thing any player, vet or rookie, should do. Sapp's been in the league a few years, he knows better. Still, I'd like to know what set it off, it'd have a bearing on my feelings.

donkhater
10-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Benny Sapp. . enough said

If he acts like that, hell yes. Other than that, he's a solid corner.

On the season--11 catches for 98 yards. Three of those receptions were for 31, 24 and 30 yards (85 total). That means his other 8 receptions have netted 13 yards. The guy can catch the ball and make plays. I believe they aren't using him properly at all. One of the problems is that Huard simply cannot throw that deep sideline route to him they seem to try game in and game out. His blocking? Yeah, he's not that good.

Jarrad Page. . getting beat alot and missing alot of tackles. . will be a good player in this league just not ready yet. . .

Weren't we saying this about Pollard a couple games back? He's a young player. Let him work it out. If it were Greg Wesley, he should sit.

LJ on any passing play

Blocking, yes. I think his frustrations inthe running game are affecting his overall concentration. He should see a safety lining up to blitz before the ball is snapped. It took him completely by surprise. As for catching the ball, his QB can't throw a screen/swing pass on target for shit (see Wilson, Kris). For a checkdown QB, this is unacceptable.

Guys who impressed:

the usual suspects. . Jared Allen, Tony G

Damon Huard - with that line he had a great game

A great game? A good game. Still plenty to be unimpressed with.

Jeff Webb..Made a couple of big catches. . can overlook the fumble

Yeah, nice to see him get some action. Nice sideline awareness on a couple of those.

Alfonso Boone - this big mofo was all over the field

As was Edwards.

Colquitt- he's a machine.

Donnie Edwards- was around the ball alot

He had a lot of tackles to keep them short of the first down. What an underrated player.

Good thing they didn't bench him after the Chicago game, eh?

ceebz
10-15-2007, 09:22 AM
The only player being labeled for benching is Sapp and his outburst was not the kind of thing any player, vet or rookie, should do. Sapp's been in the league a few years, he knows better. Still, I'd like to know what set it off, it'd have a bearing on my feelings.

Hmmm, maybe I'm ****ing stupid, but, it looks to me as though the op has Page listed in the, "get the fluck off the field" category.

pikesome
10-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Hmmm, maybe I'm ****ing stupid, but, it looks to me as though the op has Page listed in the, "get the fluck off the field" category.

True, he's over-reacting. See donkhater's post, he sums it up pretty good. Page is a 7th rounder starting as a rookie and not doing a terrible job.

percysnow
10-15-2007, 09:27 AM
ROFL We all should.

Typical Chiefs fans though. A crappy player has a good game against a bad opponent, and ALL HAIL KING HUARD! Although some have learned their lesson I see.

no one hailed Huard king u f ucktard. . read the full post before u reply. .

DaKCMan AP
10-15-2007, 09:39 AM

The problem with this logic is there will ALWAYS be a veteran QB available who gives us the best chance to win any particular year. At some point you have to be willing to go with the QB who doesn't necessarily give you "the best chance to win" that year.

kaplin42
10-15-2007, 09:45 AM

Seriously!! It's like beating the shit out of Stephen Hawking and then declaring yourself the heavy weight champion of the world.

Had their D been anything more than a reinactment of the Chief's D 3 years ago, Huard would have been carted off the field on a stretcher and LJ would have had another 10yd game.

Which WTF is up with 13 yards in the second half for him?

On another note, that O-Line should be put down. They are absolutely horrible. They can't block anyone, and LJ on passblocking, completely unaware that he was on the field for that one play.

If the Chiefs made it to the playoffs, they would be disgraced in the first quarter and sent home with their tales between their legs.

ceebz
10-15-2007, 09:46 AM
I'd just like the Chiefs to get some sort of a running game going before throwing Brodie in there.

The worst thing we could do for the kid is put him in there and ask him to win games by tossing the ball all over the field. It would absolutely destroy his confidence.

StcChief
10-15-2007, 09:53 AM
and I saw Boomer at FB for what 1 or 2 plays?
Herm's right the new guys will play :rolleyes: