PDA

View Full Version : Scouting The Fade

Direckshun
10-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Alright, let's look ahead to the game by answering a set of questions to familiarize ourselves with the Fade.

1. How's their defensive line playing right now? Are they a terror against either the pass or the run, or just fairly good?

2. Do they have a serious return threat for kickoffs or punts?

3. Who's their RB this week? That Fargas guy? Is he for real or did he just get lucky against an awful Dolphins defense?

4. Is Culpepper still as dangerous as he's ever been? He's always plagued the Chiefs with problems.

5. What major upgrades have they made along the OL?

6. That one dude has like 4 INTs for them. Is this a legit deadly CB combo or is he just getting garbage picks?

7. How'd they look last week against the Bolts?

HolmeZz
10-15-2007, 11:48 AM
I didn't know they had a corner with 4 picks. Are you talking about Thomas Howard? He's a linebacker.

Direckshun
10-15-2007, 11:49 AM
I didn't know they had a corner with 4 picks. Are you talking about Thomas Howard? He's a linebacker.
Yeah, there you go.

Serious picks, or just garbage picks?

HolmeZz
10-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Haven't seen all of them, but the one against SD yesterday was just Rivers being a bonehead.

Morrison and Howard are pretty good in coverage, but they can be run at.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 11:55 AM
First off, they have a good defense...we really need to address the running game this week and set a SOLID gameplan up so we can gain consistent positive yards on the ground...2, 3, 5, 10 at a time...no 0's or negative runs...

A good run game will set up the play-action game for Huard and company...

I have a feeling teams are going to start saying enough is enough with Tony and force Huard to find someone else, so we really need Bowe to have a big week in the passing game, and I think he's quite capable.

Webb really emerged last week as a target for Huard, something Parker has not been, so hopefully he can protect the ball this week and keep getting open and keep flashing solid hands.

Defensively is where I really like our match-up...LaMont was a go last week, but even though he's been real good this year he's still not any better than Watson/Rudi from Cincinnati and those were the two worst runners we've faced all year. So far, the only way our defense has been exposed in any way is we can be ran on.

We shut down Carson Palmer this week, there is no way Culpepper is going to light us up through the air...dude still gets sacked a ton, he's no longer very mobile, and he takes forever to get rid of the ball...I think Allen should have a field day (though, I fully expect him to be double teamed all day, so Boone should be able to get to the QB as well as Hali or any of the 5 rotation guys)...we could also see DJ with a few sacks because I think he'll really be utilized in the blitzing game this week.

I can't see that shitty Oakland offense WITH Culpepper doing anything on our defense...Donnie has really made a difference, other than Jared Donnie is really the only guy that is sticking out as an absolute playmaker - he's everything as advertised PLUS some. DJ has been good, too...

I prefer facing Culpepper so hopefully McCown isn't a go.

I see a 20-9 Chiefs win.

StcChief
10-15-2007, 11:55 AM
considering who they have beat. two bad teams.

and one more should have been a W..vs Dungver at Incestco..

they should be taken seriously... as any division team.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 11:58 AM
considering who they have beat. two bad teams.

and one more should have been a W..vs Dungver at Incestco..

they should be taken seriously... as any division team.
If we are favored, it won't be by more than 3 points...

This is a scary game, as any road game is...but we match up REALLY well to the Raiders...

Only way they can beat us is if they really establish a running game.

Archie Bunker
10-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Alright, let's look ahead to the game by answering a set of questions to familiarize ourselves with the Fade.

1. How's their defensive line playing right now? Are they a terror against either the pass or the run, or just fairly good?

Burgess is banged up so there pass rush has suffered. Big Turd, Warren, and Kelly are decent in the middle. Good test for the OL.
2. Do they have a serious return threat for kickoffs or punts?
IMO Carr is always a threat to go to the house.

3. Who's their RB this week? That Fargas guy? Is he for real or did he just get lucky against an awful Dolphins defense?
I'm guessing Jordan, Fargas runs hard and has good speed. Don't forget about Rhodes. Overall the new blocking scheme they put in seems to have paid off.

4. Is Culpepper still as dangerous as he's ever been? He's always plagued the Chiefs with problems.
I think he's about done. Looks uncomfortable in the pocket, fumbles often, but can still run a little bit.

5. What major upgrades have they made along the OL?
Newberry at C, moved Gallery to Guard, Sims to tackle, and they signed Green and Carlisle in the offseason. So far they seem to be good at zone blocking in the run game, bad in pass protection, and prone to penalties.

6. That one dude has like 4 INTs for them. Is this a legit deadly CB combo or is he just getting garbage picks?
Howard and Morrison are great in pass coverage and have 6 or 7 picks so far, They have a good CB combo, Huff looks better, and Schweigert is decent.

7. How'd they look last week against the Bolts?
Overmatched

talastan
10-15-2007, 12:19 PM
What about Dominic Rhodes? Any chance he's playing this game. I imagine he's still a pretty decent perimeter threat, and our run defense on the ends hasn't been that great. Any one have any info on this?

beer bacon
10-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Culpepper looked like crap yesterday. Here is an example. The Raiders got a 1st and goal on the SD one yard line at the end of the first half. Culpepper then got sacked twice in a row, fumbled the ball on the second sack, and SD recovered it. Culpepper held onto the ball too long in a Green-esque fashion. Oakland fans were pretty pissed.

Buehler445
10-15-2007, 12:51 PM
How has their crowd been? I know they used to be a factor, but I'm not sure how into it the crowd has been lately.

MahiMike
10-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Culpepper looked like crap yesterday. Here is an example. The Raiders got a 1st and goal on the SD one yard line at the end of the first half. Culpepper then got sacked twice in a row, fumbled the ball on the second sack, and SD recovered it. Culpepper held onto the ball too long in a Green-esque fashion. Oakland fans were pretty pissed.

This tells me that the game was closer than the score. Raiders are much improved over last year. LT w/4 TDs though must have LJ salivating.

Basileus777
10-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Their defense hasn't been that good this year, it certainly isn't at the level is was at last year. I still think their "excellent defense" from last year was a mirage, a product of how bad their offense was. If we come out with a balanced attack we should be able to move the ball on them.

HemiEd
10-16-2007, 12:25 PM

This is a scary game, as any road game is...but we match up REALLY well to the Raiders...

We aren't favored, they are.

Hootie
10-16-2007, 12:31 PM
We aren't favored, they are.
ROFL

Vegas is making a killing off the Chiefs this year...everyone has it pounded into their heads that they are awful...

90% of betters last week took Cincy.

Simply Red
10-16-2007, 12:37 PM

W/Jordan at the helm it may happen, dude is a beast and often under-rated. I hope not. Just sayin...

Simply Red
10-16-2007, 12:38 PM
How has their crowd been? I know they used to be a factor, but I'm not sure how into it the crowd has been lately.
Prolly better then last yr. just like them.

HemiEd
10-16-2007, 12:41 PM
ROFL

Vegas is making a killing off the Chiefs this year...everyone has it pounded into their heads that they are awful...

90% of betters last week took Cincy.

There are a couple dandys this week, Dallas 9.5 over the Vikings is funny.

88TG88
10-16-2007, 01:18 PM
This should be a typical faider/chief matchup. I predict a 24-23 win with us pulling it out at the last minute

Chief Faithful
10-16-2007, 02:48 PM
There are a couple dandys this week, Dallas 9.5 over the Vikings is funny.

The Vikings are another team that get no respect. They are a good team.