PDA

View Full Version : Jeffri Chadiha week 6 observations...

Hootie
10-15-2007, 12:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=3063811

5. What happened to the AFC West?
A radio talk show host recently asked me who would win the AFC West. I told him he had asked me one of the toughest questions of the year. This used to be one of the strongest divisions in football. Now I'm wondering whether any of its four teams deserves a playoff spot.

Right now, I'm convinced that 8-8 can win the AFC West. I don't think the Denver Broncos can get there because they're two last-second field goals away from being 0-5 instead of 2-3. I'm not sold on the Raiders, either. They're better, but I can't see a coach as young as Lane Kiffin turning that team around in one season. That leaves Kansas City and San Diego, the two teams tied for the AFC West lead at 3-3.

The Chargers look more dangerous now that LaDainian Tomlinson is out of his slump -- he had 198 yards and four touchdowns against Oakland -- but the Chiefs beat San Diego by 14 on the road two weeks ago. So I'll take the Chiefs, and believe me, I never would've suggested that one two months ago.

6. Jared Allen on fire
Speaking of Kansas City, defensive end Allen is proving he lost nothing during his two-game suspension at the start of the season. After picking up 2½ sacks (and forcing a fumble) in a 27-20 win over Cincinnati, Allen has six sacks in four games. With numbers like that, maybe he should be punished more often. After all, he's a big factor in the improvement the Chiefs have seen in their defense.

Just as important is Allen's maturation. Even when it was apparent that Allen was facing a suspension for two drunken-driving convictions, team sources said he was starting to grow up.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 12:22 PM
And Carson Palmer on Jared Allen and the Chiefs front four:

"That's as good a front four as we've seen all year," said Palmer. "Jared is probably one of the most underrated defensive ends in the league."

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 12:26 PM

"That's as good a front four as we've seen all year," said Palmer. "Jared is probably one of the most underrated defensive ends in the league."

New England plays a 3-4, as do Baltimore and Cleveland.

He's comparing us to Seattle, in essence.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 12:30 PM

THE CHIEFS ARE SOOO BAD

ceebz
10-15-2007, 12:33 PM

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 12:33 PM
THE CHIEFS ARE SOOO BAD

I didn't say that, you illiterate f*ck. Explain to me how 4=3, and I'll buy Goatsex a jackrabbit to tickle your taint.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 12:38 PM
I didn't say that, you illiterate f*ck. Explain to me how 4=3, and I'll buy Goatsex a jackrabbit to tickle your taint.
CROYLE

Bob Dole
10-15-2007, 12:40 PM

They left out the part where Mecca was standing in the background shouting that Allen would be a backup on any other NFL team.

tk13
10-15-2007, 12:42 PM
At least he's using logic. Everybody else in the entire world disconnected a spark plug from their brain. I can't believe people are just gonna bend over and give it up for a Norv Turner coached team because of two wins over bad teams. Norv Turner! Meanwhile, we lose to a good team, beat a bad team and somehow they're suddenly better than us. Total BS.

We beat them by 2 freaking scores in their house. We've earned the right for them to try and catch us, not the other way around. This is gonna be a long week.

KChiefs1
10-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Chiefs are 3-1 since Allen returned....just saying.

The Bad Guy
10-15-2007, 01:01 PM

I highly doubt that Palmer is differentiating between a 3-4, 4-3 when he's giving a post game quote.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:03 PM
I highly doubt that Palmer is differentiating between a 3-4, 4-3 when he's giving a post game quote.
ROFL

People on this board are more disappointed after wins then they are after losses.

Hamas especially.

The Chiefs winning = he put his foot in his mouth SEVERAL times...and the stupid cocksucker is too stubborn to enjoy the fact the Chiefs are actually a pretty good football team.

donkhater
10-15-2007, 01:16 PM
ROFL

People on this board are more disappointed after wins then they are after losses.

Hamas especially.

The Chiefs winning = he put his foot in his mouth SEVERAL times...and the stupid cocksucker is too stubborn to enjoy the fact the Chiefs are actually a pretty good football team.
Huh?

This is an 8-8 football team. 9-7 at best. Maybe 10-6 if they could play Cinncinnati every week.

It has 8-8 talent at QB and secondary and 6-10 talent on the O-line.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Huh?

This is an 8-8 football team. 9-7 at best. Maybe 10-6 if they could play Cinncinnati every week.

It has 8-8 talent at QB and secondary and 6-10 talent on the O-line.
Week 1 we were a 3-12 football team.
Week 2 we were a 2-14 football team.
Week 3 we were a 5-11 football team.
Week 4 we were an 8-8 football team.
Week 5 we were a 6-10 foobtall team.
Week 6 we are back to an 8-8 football team...

STEADY PROGRESS!

I called playoffs from the start and I stick by it...we were a 9 win team last year with a QB that didn't fit the system, and all we did over the offseason was improve. We made it through the tough part of our schedule 3-3 and we will finish 10-6 and win the west.

If that's not good enough for you, PATRIOTSPLANET.COM is open for registrations.

Pitt Gorilla
10-15-2007, 01:22 PM
I highly doubt that Palmer is differentiating between a 3-4, 4-3 when he's giving a post game quote.Who is the 4th guy? The weak-side outside linebacker?

Molitoth
10-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Just as important is Allen's maturation

Almost read that as masturbation.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 01:24 PM

STEADY PROGRESS!

I called playoffs from the start and I stick by it...we were a 9 win team last year with a QB that didn't fit the system, and all we did over the offseason was improve. We made it through the tough part of our schedule 3-3 and we will finish 10-6 and win the west.

If that's not good enough for you, PATRIOTSPLANET.COM is open for registrations.

What happened to you guaranteeing 8-4 through 12 games??

donkhater
10-15-2007, 01:25 PM

STEADY PROGRESS!

I see from your profile that you are about 22 years old. I'll give you another 5-6 years of this franchise's bullsh!t until you become as disenfranchised as others on this board.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 01:26 PM
ROFL

Hamas especially.

Ok, let's just say that Palmer was saying we had the best defensive front he'd seen all year.

That would mean that we have a better front than either New England or Baltimore.

Are you that f*cking stupid to honestly believe that?

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:29 PM
What happened to you guaranteeing 8-4 through 12 games??
Nothing.

I was giving you the boards reaction to our W/L after every week...

Few of us were predicting playoffs before the season, I was one of them...now people are starting to jump on the 'yeah playoffs but so what'...

It's just funny how you all flip-flop without even realizing it...

Someone guaranteed we wouldn't win 2 games this year...if I wasn't so lazy I'd find the thread...and people were AGREEING with the guy.

Dumbasses.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Ok, let's just say that Palmer was saying we had the best defensive front he'd seen all year.

That would mean that we have a better front than either New England or Baltimore.

Are you that f*cking stupid to honestly believe that?
The Bengals couldn't do shit against us...

They didn't convert a 3rd down for 55 minutes...

55!

So yeah, he could have EASILY been saying that...because other than a few garbage time scores we did the best job defensively anyone has done against Cincy all season long.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 01:38 PM

55!

So yeah, he could have EASILY been saying that...because other than a few garbage time scores we did the best job defensively anyone has done against Cincy all season long.

New England gave up 13 points to them, we surrendered 20.
New England gave up 283 yards, We gave up 373
New England gave up 55 rushing yards, we gave up 78

Baltimore allowed Palmer to throw for 194 yards, and surrendered 55 yards rushing, and allowed the same number of points (as Cincy scored on D)

You're a f*cking idiot.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Uhm, Cincy gained the majority of their yards when we were up 27-10...

You can blah blah blah all you want about how New England shut them down better than we did, but they didn't...

They might have EQUALLY shutdown that 'potent' Bengals offense, but I will guarantee you they didn't shut them out on 3rd downs for 55 minutes...and I believe that is the most telling stat of them all.

But hey, if you want to count those 10 points scored on our prevent defense and then chalk it up to making your point, then hooray for you!

We totally, COMPLETELY dominated Cincinnati's offense ALL GAME LONG...the only time they did ANYTHING was when we were up 17 points with 6 minutes remaining...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Uhm, Cincy gained the majority of their yards when we were up 27-10...

You can blah blah blah all you want about how New England shut them down better than we did, but they didn't...

They might have EQUALLY shutdown that 'potent' Bengals offense, but I will guarantee you they didn't shut them out on 3rd downs for 55 minutes...and I believe that is the most telling stat of them all.

But hey, if you want to count those 10 points scored on our prevent defense and then chalk it up to making your point, then hooray for you!

We totally, COMPLETELY dominated Cincinnati's offense ALL GAME LONG...the only time they did ANYTHING was when we were up 17 points with 6 minutes remaining...

What the hell was that first drive then??

Sorry, but I'll take surrendering 13 on the road, allowing fewer rushing and passing yards, or giving up 20 at home, and surrendering more yardage both passing and running, and giving up more YPC.

You aren't dealing with any form of reality. Arguing with you is like talking to a six year old about his idiot father. The six year old sees his dad as superman, and no amount of information or logic will change that.

Congratulations, you are *that* mentally retarded.

I'll buy you a helmet for Christmas.

donkhater
10-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Read what you just wrote again, Hootie. Let me know if something strikes you as odd about it.

Molitoth
10-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Read what you just wrote again, Hootie. Let me know if something strikes you as odd about it.

heh

Chief Faithful
10-15-2007, 01:51 PM

Maybe it is not Hoot's literacy maybe it is your writing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Maybe it is not Hoot's literacy maybe it is your writing.

His argument is based on either one of two things

Either 4=3

Or We have a better D-line than New England or Baltimore.

Which is it?

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Nothing.

All GAME long was 55 minutes, the GAME was over that last 5 minutes when they started moving the ball ;)

tk13
10-15-2007, 01:56 PM

Either 4=3

Which is it?
Cincy did beat Baltimore.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:57 PM
What the hell was that first drive then??

Sorry, but I'll take surrendering 13 on the road, allowing fewer rushing and passing yards, or giving up 20 at home, and surrendering more yardage both passing and running, and giving up more YPC.

You aren't dealing with any form of reality. Arguing with you is like talking to a six year old about his idiot father. The six year old sees his dad as superman, and no amount of information or logic will change that.

Congratulations, you are *that* mentally retarded.

I'll buy you a helmet for Christmas.
Wow.

They scored ONE touchdown on the first drive...

Whoopee! Are you saying they didn't score points on New England and Baltimore in the first half? How many first half points did they have against Balitmore? New England?

I know that we shut them out on 3rd downs for the first 55 minutes of the game, coincidentally, we were up 27-10 when they finally converted their first 3rd down of the game.

Tell me, right now, that Baltimore and New England's D dominated Cincinnati MORE than the Chiefs D did...

Do it so I can respond by calling you a dumbass that is simply trying to put down the Chiefs anyway you can because you are in panic mode. You GUARANTEED the Chiefs would be bad, and being the stubborn dick sucker that you are, you're in panic mode because you're starting to realize they are a playoff caliber team...

which is TOTALLY SAD because you're suppose to be a Chiefs fan.

:shake:

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:58 PM
I respect this guys opinion.

If tk13 tells me RIGHT NOW that the Chiefs defense didn't dominate Cincinatti's offense, I will admit I was wrong and Hamas was right.

Chief Faithful
10-15-2007, 01:59 PM

Either 4=3

Which is it?

Palmer did not make that distinction you did. There is no other way to take your comments other than negative. Like Hootie I believe Palmer knew what he meant and stated it clearly when he referenced Allen as the best DE.

I agree that Palmer did state the Chiefs line was the best 4 they have faced and that does not include New England or Baltimore.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:00 PM

ROFL @ the non-sequitur.

Games are played in more than one phase, Palmer was talking about the front 4, and homer fluffer Hootie insinuated that we did a better job against them than any team did.

Cincy beat Baltimore because their defense forced a shitload of turnovers. The Baltimore D kept that game a lot closer than it could have been.

If the Chiefs O had 8 turnovers and the D held Indy to 40 points, that would be a hell of an accomplishment, Baltimore's D did a hell of a lot more with less than our D did yesterday.

That doesn't mean that our D didn't play well (for the linear thinkers out there), but to believe that our D played a better game than NE or Balt OR that our D-line is better than theirs is sheer idiocy.

ceebz
10-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Honestly, you'd have to be ****ing retarded to actually believe Palmer wasn't tossing the Baltimore and New England lines into that comparison.

The bottom line is; the Bengals had given 5 sacks all season until yesterday. Which defensive line do you think left the biggest impression on Palmer?

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey pseudo-intellectual, riddle me this, how in the **** did I insinuate ANYTHING in this post:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4297330&postcount=2

Seriously...

I added a quote from Carson Palmer.

You were the one that immediately jumped in and started blabbing on about how Baltimore and New England were 3-4 defenses...

All I did was post a quote. I didn't post that quote and say, "Golly, our front 4 is the best in the league!!!"

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Honestly, you'd have to be ****ing retarded to actually believe Palmer wasn't tossing the Baltimore and New England lines into that comparison.

The bottom line is; the Bengals had given 5 sacks all season until yesterday. Which defensive line do you think left the biggest impression on Palmer?
Our 19 sacks are tied for the league lead...

But being the Kansas City Chiefs and still being tied in with the Vermeil built defenses, even our own fans can't come to grips with the fact we have an ELITE NFL DEFENSE.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Wow.

They scored ONE touchdown on the first drive...

Whoopee! Are you saying they didn't score points on New England and Baltimore in the first half? How many first half points did they have against Balitmore? New England?

I know that we shut them out on 3rd downs for the first 55 minutes of the game, coincidentally, we were up 27-10 when they finally converted their first 3rd down of the game.

Tell me, right now, that Baltimore and New England's D dominated Cincinnati MORE than the Chiefs D did...

Do it so I can respond by calling you a dumbass that is simply trying to put down the Chiefs anyway you can because you are in panic mode. You GUARANTEED the Chiefs would be bad, and being the stubborn dick sucker that you are, you're in panic mode because you're starting to realize they are a playoff caliber team...

which is TOTALLY SAD because you're suppose to be a Chiefs fan.

:shake:

You could go read my previous post, Captain Caps, wherein New England gave up fewer passing yards, rushing yards, and points on the road, as well as the fact that Baltimore gave up the same number of points, fewer passing and rushing yards, despite having several turnovers ON THE ROAD.

I'm not in panic mode at all. I don't care if the Chiefs prove me wrong and go 12-4. Where is the downside in that for me?? I'm just not stupid enough to get drawn into the belief that this is a division winning team or that 9-7 is somehow an achievement.

Sorry, I don't strive for mediocrity. I'd actually like to win something. We won't do that with this team's makeup, especially at the quarterback situation, and every game that Croyle sits we know less about the future of a team with multiple holes that will prevent it from winning in January.

But, true to the myopic idiocy that has ensured Carl a permanent place in the front office, you take this one win as more than it is, and use it as a deodorant to mask over the fact that this team is nowhere near achieving anything of worth.

tk13
10-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Sorry, I think Baltimore is way overrated until they show me something more. If we had the schedule and results that they had, everyone would say we're just feasting on a weak schedule.

They've beaten 3 NFC West teams, and the Jets.... while losing two divisional games. I watched them play the Bengals, and the Browns, and haven't been impressed either time. The Browns completely looked like a better football team. We have a veteran QB who can look sloppy at times, a better RB, better TE, and a top 10 defense just like them. I'd put our front 7 up against Baltimore. It's the secondary with Ed Reed that's better than ours.

ceebz
10-15-2007, 02:08 PM

But being the Kansas City Chiefs and still being tied in with the Vermeil built defenses, even our own fans can't come to grips with the fact we have an ELITE NFL DEFENSE.

I don't know if I'd call them, "elite." They still have major issues stopping the run in their base defense.

Vastly improved, but, not elite. Not yet.

'Hamas' Jenkins

ROFL

Ask 32 GMs if he'd rather have the Balt or NE lines over KC, and 109% of them will pick Balt or NE.

Which of those games did Willie Anderson miss??

Where does KC rank in total D compared to New England or Baltimore?

Would you rather have Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, and Ty Warren, or Alphonso Boone, Tamba, Jared, and Ron Edwards??

Hootie
How many yards did Cincy gain in the last 6 minutes of the game???

Could it possibly be New England did a better job of running out the clock in garbage time, whereas our running game netted -15 yards, a spike ball clock stopping penalty, etc...?!

You CANNOT tell me our defense didn't ABSOLUTELY dominate the Cincy offense...because they did. That was PURE domination up until the point where the game became out of reach for Cincy and our defense went to our 6 DB prevent...

NO THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS FOR 55 MINUTES? That's a SICK stat. SICK. Guarantee New England and Baltimore didn't top that, Chief Negativity!

donkhater

I think David Gerrard just converted another third down on that elite NFL defense.

Nope that was my phone.

ceebz
10-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Sorry, I think Baltimore is way overrated until they show me something more. If we had the schedule and results that they had, everyone would say we're just feasting on a weak schedule.

They've beaten 3 NFC West teams, and the Jets.... while losing two divisional games. I watched them play the Bengals, and the Browns, and haven't been impressed either time. The Browns completely looked like a better football team. We have a veteran QB who can look sloppy at times, a better RB, better TE, and a top 10 defense just like them. I'd put our front 7 up against Baltimore. It's the secondary with Ed Reed that's better than ours.

I agree. Baltimore's a fraud. I can't believe I'm saying this, but, Huard is a better QB than Mcnair, right now.

donkhater
10-15-2007, 02:10 PM
I agree. Baltimore's a fraud. I can't believe I'm saying this, but, Huard is a better QB than Mcnair, right now.
That's no stretch, McNair stinks.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:11 PM
ROFL

Ask 32 GMs if he'd rather have the Balt or NE lines over KC, and 109% of them will pick Balt or NE.

Would you rather have Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, and Ty Warren, or Alphonso Boone, Tamba, Jared, and Ron Edwards??
First off, why don't you answer my post about how I insinuated the Chiefs were a better defense than New England and Baltimore.

And secondly, is it possible that YOU, like the rest of the media, has VASTLY overrated New England's defense?

Seriously...

They are good, no doubt...but when the offense gets up by three scores right away, it's pretty hard for the other team to not become TOTALLY one dimensional...

I'm sorry, Wilfork is aweome but Seymour is overrated, he's good, but he's not as good as people make him out to be. Warren, blah! System player...

Am I trying to say Bellichick isn't a PHENOMENAL defensive coach? Absolutely not...but that defense isn't any better TALENT wise than our defense...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:11 PM

You may not have been impressed with their play agains the Bengals, but why did they give up fewer passing yards, rushing yards, and the same number of points, on the road, despite having to defend a short field numerous times??

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:13 PM
I think David Gerrard just converted another third down on that elite NFL defense.

Nope that was my phone.
Well, at least our coaching staff proved they can make adjustments...because 3rd and long definitely wasn't an issue this week.

Honestly...the AFC South is amazing. That is truly the best division in football HANDS down, and it isn't even close.

I think Jax has a chance to give Indy a run for their money...if Garrard continues playing mistake free football, he seems to be the answer for that well coached, disciplined team.

Stout defense, great running game, with a QB that makes no mistakes...if they can keep Peyton off the field, they might steal the South...I can see it happening.

ceebz
10-15-2007, 02:14 PM
ROFL

ROFL Holy hell, you're a ****ing moron.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:15 PM
You may not have been impressed with their play agains the Bengals, but why did they give up fewer passing yards, rushing yards, and the same number of points, on the road, despite having to defend a short field numerous times??
Here's another problem with these comparisons...

You really can't compare teams because they faced common opponents...

We beat the Vikings and lost to the Bears at Soldier field, but the Vikings beat the Bears at Soldier and Grossman wasn't even playing...

So if we're better than the Vikings and worse than the Bears, how are the Vikings better than the Bears? That's against logic.

Which is why these comparisons don't work. Teams match-up differently to other teams...not every team has the same strength and weakness, Mr. Pseudo-Intellectual!

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:19 PM
First off, why don't you answer my post about how I insinuated the Chiefs were a better defense than New England and Baltimore.

And secondly, is it possible that YOU, like the rest of the media, has VASTLY overrated New England's defense?

Seriously...

They are good, no doubt...but when the offense gets up by three scores right away, it's pretty hard for the other team to not become TOTALLY one dimensional...

I'm sorry, Wilfork is aweome but Seymour is overrated, he's good, but he's not as good as people make him out to be. Warren, blah! System player...

Am I trying to say Bellichick isn't a PHENOMENAL defensive coach? Absolutely not...but that defense isn't any better TALENT wise than our defense...

You posted Palmer's quote, which is purposely vague (as a 3-4 is in no way a 4-3), and then steadfastly defended the assertion that our D-line was better than either NE or Balt's. I'm sorry, but that's implicit acceptance.

I guarantee you if you asked Palmer if our D-line was straight up better than NE or Balt, he would not agree to that.

Re: the NE D....

ROFL....They have three first rounders who have outplayed their draft status on the D-Line. They have one of the 3 best corners in the league, a HOF safety, another really good safety,

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:19 PM
HAMAS

WHERE ARE YOU!? STICK YOUR FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH A FEW TOO MANY TIMES IN THIS THREAD?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:20 PM
ROFL Holy hell, you're a ****ing moron.

So you'd rather have the Chiefs D line players than either New England or Baltimore's??

ceebz
10-15-2007, 02:21 PM
So you'd rather have the Chiefs D line players than either New England or Baltimore's??

Reading comprehension, learn it, dipshit.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:23 PM
You posted Palmer's quote, which is purposely vague (as a 3-4 is in no way a 4-3), and then steadfastly defended the assertion that our D-line was better than either NE or Balt's. I'm sorry, but that's implicit acceptance.

I guarantee you if you asked Palmer if our D-line was straight up better than NE or Balt, he would not agree to that.

ROFL....They have three first rounders who have outplayed their draft status on the D-Line. They have one of the 3 best corners in the league, a HOF safety, another really good safety,
Ok...

First off, I posted a quote...purposely vague? What? It was a quote regarding Allen and our front 4. Am I not suppose to post that on the Chiefs board?

And secondly, I don't welch on bets...so here's a bet...you show me where I said the chiefs FRONT FOUR is better than the Patriots/Ravens IN THIS THREAD and I will never post on this board again. Ever.

Come on Hamas, this should be easy...as I steadfastly defended the assertion that our D-line was better than either NE or Balt's.

And if you don't find one, you have to sport the Huard avatar.

If you don't accept the bet, we'll all know what kind of poster you are ;)

Say things that you can't back up =)

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Reading comprehension, learn it, dipshit.

Make a claim, support it with evidence, or shut f*ck up. You've called me a dipshit, and a moron, but you haven't attempted to refute any of my evidence.

I'll take that as a concession of the fallacy of your empty argument.

I want to see you admit that KC's front is better than NE or Balt's

Or, I want to see you admit that 4=3.

Do one or the other, make an argument for one or the other, or shut the f*ck up.

tk13
10-15-2007, 02:25 PM
You're just being argumentative. They lost the freaking game. They only sacked Palmer once, didn't force an INT, and allowed 27 points.

Worst of all, I can't believe... after 6 weeks of the whole board driving Solari and Herm into the ground.... that ANYONE... could have the audacity to say our offense doesn't put more pressure on our defense than almost any other team in the league. Now all of a sudden Baltimore's defense gets a pass because their offense puts them in a bad position and leaves them out on the field... that's good stuff.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Make a claim, support it with evidence, or shut f*ck up.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Captain Hypocrite!

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:29 PM
This is why I like tk13...he obviously, like the rest of the board, doesn't like me. I don't blame him.

BUT AT LEAST HE'S OBJECTIVE, AND NOT BIASED...

He's the one guy that can say something, and if I don't agree with it, I'll still STFU because the dude knows what he's talking about it and he calls it like he sees it.

ceebz
10-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Make a claim, support it with evidence, or shut f*ck up. You've called me a dipshit, and a moron, but you haven't attempted to refute any of my evidence.

I'll take that as a concession of the fallacy of your empty argument.

I want to see you admit that KC's front is better than NE or Balt's

Or, I want to see you admit that 4=3.

Do one or the other, make an argument for one or the other, or shut the f*ck up.

I made a claim, moron. You're just too ****ing dumb to comprehend it.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Hamas - are you taking this bet or what? Or are you just going to ignore it because you, how should I say this...

Made a claim, couldn't support it with evidence, and still haven't shut f*ck up.

LMAO

Where is your band of yes men when you need them, Jenkins?!

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:32 PM
I made a claim, moron. You're just too ****ing dumb to comprehend it.
Don't worry, Captain Hypocrite talks a 'big' game, but I can't wait to see him try to get himself out of the mess he brought upon himself in this thread.

He jumped to conclusions with a quote I posted, and then brought New England and Baltimore INTO the debate HIMSELF, and then he tried to turn it against me by saying I said I'd take our front four over those teams' front fours...

ROFL ROFL ROFL

You've outdone yourself, Hamas! :clap:

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Ok...

First off, I posted a quote...purposely vague? What? It was a quote regarding Allen and our front 4. Am I not suppose to post that on the Chiefs board?

For the nth time...does 4=3?? If so, why? If not, reasonably explain how our defensive front is superior to either Baltimore's or New England's. Do you honestly believe he was talking about ALL the teams they'd played? If so, do you really think that he's right in saying that our D-line is better than New England's? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

And secondly, I don't welch on bets...so here's a bet...you show me where I said the chiefs FRONT FOUR is better than the Patriots/Ravens IN THIS THREAD and I will never post on this board again. Ever.

Nice political backsliding attempt. You immediately backtracked to talking about the entire defense stopping them on 3rd down, because even you know that claim is bat shit. But you can't admit that, so you constantly attempt to deflect when I mention this.

So, I ask you, was Palmer wrong??

Come on Hamas, this should be easy...as I steadfastly defended the assertion that our D-line was better than either NE or Balt's.

And if you don't find one, you have to sport the Huard avatar.

If you don't accept the bet, we'll all know what kind of poster you are ;)

Say things that you can't back up =)

You immediately dodged it when I asked you this question, and wouldn't say it out front, instead you tried to use stats (which were fallacious) to talk about the entire defense, but at no point did you address the Palmer quote, because you knew it was a ridiculous quote....

Good work at trolling, I'll give you that, but why would you post it, and offer no qualifications??

Do you believe it? If so, I can see why you said nothing afterwards. But if you didn't, why didn't you say anything after it??

Example:

You are in a debate about the economy, and you say, when making a point abou the state of the economy that "Alan Greenspan believes we shouldn't deficit spend." After this quote, you do not refute or rebut this statement, but use it as a focusing point for your argument.

THAT is tacit acceptance. I'm sorry if they don't teach rhetoric at Illinois State, but that's not my fault, although I'm sure you could cook up some excuse for my lack of homerism contributing to the dearth of quality post-secondary education.

Fish
10-15-2007, 02:33 PM
http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/j/T/timmy_CrippleFight_400.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:35 PM
You're just being argumentative. They lost the freaking game. They only sacked Palmer once, didn't force an INT, and allowed 27 points.

Worst of all, I can't believe... after 6 weeks of the whole board driving Solari and Herm into the ground.... that ANYONE... could have the audacity to say our offense doesn't put more pressure on our defense than almost any other team in the league. Now all of a sudden Baltimore's defense gets a pass because their offense puts them in a bad position and leaves them out on the field... that's good stuff.

Explain to me how our offense put us in a bad situation yesterday on D.

Explain to me where Willie Anderson, the best LT in the conference, was yesterday.

I'm waiting for this...

Explain to me how Arrowhead is a more difficult environment for a home defense to play in than Cincy on a Monday Night.

And explain THIS one to me...how does a defense give up 27 points in a game where the other D scores a touchdown and the final tally is 27 points??

Is Steve McNair suddenly a two-way player?? Willis McGahee?? Is Todd Heap an All-Pro safety now??

Basileus777
10-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Baltimore's defense hasn't been up to its usual standards this year. Their pass rush has been pretty average. Our front four may very well be outplaying their's this year. I believe Pryce has been hurt and Suggs has been playing poorly.

And Baltimore run a hybrid defense, they aren't a 3-4 D anymore than they are a 4-3 D. They use both. Regardless they run a 1 gap system that really isn't the same as the Pats 3-4.

ceebz
10-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Well, Hamas, you've officially ruined this thread.

Congrats. :clap:

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:38 PM
What?! There is no way I'm reading that shit...

You made false claims...

I posted a quote, you rebutted with NE and Balt, I laughed and said KC IS SOOO BAD, and then you spawned it into this shit fest where EVERYONE in the thread has pretty much called you out on, YET you still try and turn it around on me...

My ONLY point, the ENTIRE thread was...KC totally dominated Cincinnati's offense, and they did...no 3rd down conversions in 55 minutes...try and refute that one, Chip!

So, I assume you'll be sporting my Huard avatar...since you obviously can't back up your claims that I stated I'd take the Chiefs front four over Balt and NE?

Or do you just want to be Captain Hypocrite today!!

Or are you going to just put me on ignore because you looked like a total dumbass in this thread and that's now your only defense mechanism...

Stubborn dickhead...

Can't stomach the fact the Chiefs aren't so bad afterall...

Hahahahaha

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:39 PM
And by the way Hootie, post 21.

You dodge because you painted yourself into a corner.

You turned it from a front-4 argument into an entire defense (which was still off base) because you knew you were caught.

And I'm the hypocrite...

tk13
10-15-2007, 02:40 PM
This is why I like tk13...he obviously, like the rest of the board, doesn't like me. I don't blame him.

BUT AT LEAST HE'S OBJECTIVE, AND NOT BIASED...

He's the one guy that can say something, and if I don't agree with it, I'll still STFU because the dude knows what he's talking about it and he calls it like he sees it.
Eh, I think you can be painfully annoying with your opinions. But I will say at least you don't want to pack it in and quit... and that probably makes you one of the few who haven't had their brain turn to mush.

I wasn't sure what was gonna happen... people even remarked how Herm didn't seem to set too many goals for this team because we needed to see the chips play out. Well, after this game... I think it's time to put our chips in... we're almost halfway home, and we're in 1st place, with a semi-favorable schedule ahead. I mean, you have to go for it now. I can't fathom just quitting in this position. Winning this division and getting a home playoff game and actually trying to win it would be a step forward for this organization. That's all I'm shooting for... maybe we won't get there, but we might as well try. I'm most afraid the players are gonna be like the fans and feel like we don't deserve success.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:41 PM
What?! There is no way I'm reading that shit...

You made false claims...

I posted a quote, you rebutted with NE and Balt, I laughed and said KC IS SOOO BAD, and then you spawned it into this shit fest where EVERYONE in the thread has pretty much called you out on, YET you still try and turn it around on me...

My ONLY point, the ENTIRE thread was...KC totally dominated Cincinnati's offense, and they did...no 3rd down conversions in 55 minutes...try and refute that one, Chip!

So, I assume you'll be sporting my Huard avatar...since you obviously can't back up your claims that I stated I'd take the Chiefs front four over Balt and NE?

Or do you just want to be Captain Hypocrite today!!

Or are you going to just put me on ignore because you looked like a total dumbass in this thread and that's now your only defense mechanism...

Stubborn dickhead...

Can't stomach the fact the Chiefs aren't so bad afterall...

Hahahahaha

So you aren't even attempting to refute my argument. You just pass by what trashes your points, just like you did in post 21.

Pathetic.

I'm getting called out by Hootie, a guy whose handle says "Homer Extraordinaire" and a guy, tk13, who claimed to watch the entire Balt-Cincy game but can't seem to master basic addition.

27 is not 20...I know, tough...

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:41 PM
And by the way Hootie, post 21.

You dodge because you painted yourself into a corner.

You turned it from a front-4 argument into an entire defense (which was still off base) because you knew you were caught.

And I'm the hypocrite...
Caught?

What the **** are you talking about???

You went through all of my posts, and couldn't find anything to support your false claim...

I NEVER said the Chiefs front 4 was better than anyones front 4, not a once...Carson did, not me.

Time to throw up the Huard avatar, or take your ball and go home...you looked like a total dumbass in this thread, bra ;)

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:44 PM
The only claims I made in this thread were:

The Chiefs have an elite defense.

AND

The Chiefs totally dominated Cincy's offense.

BOTH TRUE

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:45 PM
You have one stat to hold your hat on, 3rd down conversions for 55 minutes....

What then of the fact that we gave up more yards, both passing and rushing, than New England, and more points, despite being at home??

What then of the fact that we gave up more yards, both passing and rushing, than Baltimore, the same number of points despite fewer turnovers, and were at home and not on the road on a Monday night...

I'm waiting for some form of rebuttal, but like the true coward that you are, you'll continue to dodge this, just like you do in every thread.

Either 4=3, we have a better front than NE and Balt, or Carson Palmer was wrong....

You've admitted none, you've spun like a top, and you've addressed none of my rebuttals, purposely ignored stats, and generally overflowed the thread with the same wanton dumassery that infects every other thread you infest and ruin with your blight.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Caught?

What the **** are you talking about???

You went through all of my posts, and couldn't find anything to support your false claim...

I NEVER said the Chiefs front 4 was better than anyones front 4, not a once...Carson did, not me.

Time to throw up the Huard avatar, or take your ball and go home...you looked like a total dumbass in this thread, bra ;)

1)So suddenly I took your bet :spock:

2) Why aren't you talking or addressing post 21, again, when you tried to spin your way out of the argument?? This is the fourth time I've asked you about this in some form, still with no reply

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Perhaps you should take this issue up with Carson Palmer...

I simply posted a quote, I never said anything. I think our defense, as a hole, is really good.

You were the one that compared them to Baltimore and New England, not me.

Perhaps you can google Carson Palmer's contact information and he can sort this out for you?

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:50 PM

55!

He could have been saying that...

I don't know what Palmer meant. You don't know what Palmer meant.

EVEN IN THIS POST I never claimed the Chiefs had a better front four than ANY team in the NFL.

Time to throw up the Huard avy, bra ;)

If you don't, you're just admitting you make false claims about posters on this board even though you have no evidence, in which case you'd be a pretty big hypocrite.

So, I'll take you putting up the Huard avatar as a 'saying sorry' gesture, in which case I accept your apology =)

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:50 PM
The only claims I made in this thread were:

The Chiefs have an elite defense.

AND

The Chiefs totally dominated Cincy's offense.

BOTH TRUE

You can't totally dominate a defense that scores 20 points against you and racks up 373 yards. You just can't.

Totally dominate was what the Chiefs did to the 9'ers last year. It wasn't yesterday's game.

14th in points allowed and 15th in yards= Elite??

So if I get a C average, am I an elite student??

Just wondering....

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Perhaps you should take this issue up with Carson Palmer...

I simply posted a quote, I never said anything. I think our defense, as a hole, is really good.

You were the one that compared them to Baltimore and New England, not me.

Perhaps you can google Carson Palmer's contact information and he can sort this out for you?

Why'd you post the quote then?? It was a poor attempt at rhetoric that doesn't hold up to any form of criticism.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Why'd you post the quote then?? It was a poor attempt at rhetoric that doesn't hold up to any form of criticism.
because Palmer was complimenting our team and I figured CHIEFS fans (not you) would like to read that...

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:55 PM
and if not allowing a 3rd down conversion for 55 minutes (in a 60 minute game) isn't total domination then I don't know what is...

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:56 PM
don't worry Hamas, chances are we won't go 13-3, so there will be another loss for you to celebrate this year...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 02:56 PM
because Palmer was complimenting our team and I figured CHIEFS fans (not you) would like to read that...

Thanks for the concession.

I've wasted enough time on your chin-drooling ass for today. Don't miss the short bus.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the concession.

I've wasted enough time on your chin-drooling ass for today. Don't miss the short bus.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Wow.

This is simply the saddest post I've ever read on ChiefsPlanet.

Ok Hamas, you win! Whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy...you can even have MY ball and run home with it!!

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Hootie
10-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Here's a quick recap for anyone not wanted to read the entire thread:

Hootie: Posts Palmer quote where Palmer says Chiefs best front four they've faced all year.
Hamas: Baltimore and New England are WAY better.
Hootie: Oh, I was just posting what Palmer said.
Hamas: Baltimore and New England gave up less yards.
Hootie: The Chiefs didn't allow a 3rd down conversion for 55 minutes.
Hamas: Doesn't matter, the Chiefs are awful they were really lucky to win.
Hootie: Huh? That was total domination.
Hamas: No, Baltimore is WAY better.
tk13: Cincy beat Baltimore.
Hamas: Well Hootie CLEARLY said he'd take KC's front four over Balt and NE.
Hootie: Uhm, no I didn't...prove it and I'll quit the board.
Hamas: I win. See ya!

OnTheWarpath15
10-15-2007, 03:06 PM

Nope that was my phone.

ROFL

Hootie
10-15-2007, 03:07 PM
ROFL
Hilarious.

Seriously dude, no ill will...like I said, 13-3 is slim to none, so another loss will happen sooner or later and you'll be able to celebrate!

TRUE FAN!

OnTheWarpath15
10-15-2007, 03:14 PM
and if not allowing a 3rd down conversion for 55 minutes (in a 60 minute game) isn't total domination then I don't know what is...

If you're giving up 10-20 yards on 1st and 2nd down, then it's completely irrelevant.

They only had 11 3rd down attempts all game. They were obvioulsy moving the ball on 1st and 2nd down.

They had more 1st downs than we did, and held the ball for 10 minutes less.

I'm sorry, but that one stat does not equal "total domination." Especially When you allow that many yards on 1st and 2nd down.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 03:15 PM
If you're giving up 10-20 yards on 1st and 2nd down, then it's completely irrelevant.

They only had 11 3rd down attempts all game. They were obvioulsy moving the ball on 1st and 2nd down.

I'm sorry, but that one stat does not equal "total domination." Especially When you allow that many yards on 1st and 2nd down.
we were up 27-10 with 5 minutes to go...

3 of their points were off a Webb turnover.

They are suppose to be an elite offense.

We shut them down. We dominated them. Our defense was awesome.

To say otherwise is totally ignorant.

beer bacon
10-15-2007, 03:17 PM

Our line was more disruptive against Cinci's passing game then any other team this season. Our pass rush shut down their offense for three quarters, until after we had a big lead, Cinci went into max protect, and our coaches decided to just rush four and not blitz. We had four sacks and many, many hurries against an offense that had given up five sacks in five games.

If you asked Palmer who had the better d-line he would likely say NE. If you ask him which d-line he has played this season did the best job against him, he would say KC.

dogdaze
10-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Here's a quick recap for anyone not wanted to read the entire thread:

Hootie: Posts Palmer quote where Palmer says Chiefs best front four they've faced all year.
Hamas: Baltimore and New England are WAY better.
Hootie: Oh, I was just posting what Palmer said.
Hamas: Baltimore and New England gave up less yards.
Hootie: The Chiefs didn't allow a 3rd down conversion for 55 minutes.
Hamas: Doesn't matter, the Chiefs are awful they were really lucky to win.
Hootie: Huh? That was total domination.
Hamas: No, Baltimore is WAY better.
tk13: Cincy beat Baltimore.
Hamas: Well Hootie CLEARLY said he'd take KC's front four over Balt and NE.
Hootie: Uhm, no I didn't...prove it and I'll quit the board.
Hamas: I win. See ya!

Can read it for myself, it was like witnessing two five year olds in a dueling banjo contest.

beer bacon
10-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Explain to me where Willie Anderson, the best LT in the conference, was yesterday.

Willie Anderson plays RT. Levi Jones is Cinci's starting LT, and he got taken out of the game after getting abused by JA.

OnTheWarpath15
10-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Hilarious.

Seriously dude, no ill will...like I said, 13-3 is slim to none, so another loss will happen sooner or later and you'll be able to celebrate!

TRUE FAN!

Let's not get this this twisted, Captain Reading Comprehension.

I'm not rooting for losses. Far from it.

However, I'm not brainwashed to think that beating an already average team when they are at their lowest point, starting DL at LB, missing starters all over the field, supposedly makes this team a contender.

Seems like an awful lot of people think things will be a cakewalk from here on in.

I don;t care how "down" the division APPEARS to be. The AFC West is ALWAYS tough, whether the records reflect that or not.

Last year at Arrowhead is a perfect example. Oakland was truly AWFUL last year. We needed a defensive stop to win that game. Against OAKLAND. AT HOME.

Nothing comes easy in this division.

This team has a lot of holes, and this might piss people off, but Arrowhead is not what it used to be. People sitting on their hands, empty seats, leaving with 8 minutes to go in the game, etc.

I'd root for this team if it was 0-6 right now, like STL and Miami. But I'm not gonna sit here and make this team to be something they aren't.

beer bacon
10-15-2007, 03:24 PM
You have one stat to hold your hat on, 3rd down conversions for 55 minutes....

What then of the fact that we gave up more yards, both passing and rushing, than New England, and more points, despite being at home??

What then of the fact that we gave up more yards, both passing and rushing, than Baltimore, the same number of points despite fewer turnovers, and were at home and not on the road on a Monday night...

I'm waiting for some form of rebuttal, but like the true coward that you are, you'll continue to dodge this, just like you do in every thread.

Either 4=3, we have a better front than NE and Balt, or Carson Palmer was wrong....

You've admitted none, you've spun like a top, and you've addressed none of my rebuttals, purposely ignored stats, and generally overflowed the thread with the same wanton dumassery that infects every other thread you infest and ruin with your blight.

NE has a great defense, and they played great against Cinci. One of the differences between New England's players/coaches and ours is that I doubt New England started playing "safe"/soft defense once they got a big lead.

We gave up 175 yards in the fourth quarter and 166 in the last eight minutes of the game. Cinci couldn't move the ball on our defense until we decided to go into a shell. Our defense is great as long as we stay aggressive.

OnTheWarpath15
10-15-2007, 03:28 PM
we were up 27-10 with 5 minutes to go...

3 of their points were off a Webb turnover.

They are suppose to be an elite offense.

We shut them down. We dominated them. Our defense was awesome.

To say otherwise is totally ignorant.

An elite offense missing the best RT in the league and one of the best RB's?

Whose coaching staff pulled an Andy Reid and waited WAY too long to either pull Levi Jones, or get him some help? Notice how we "dominated" them once Allen was neutralized?

I have some connections. I'll call the league and and if the games can be shortened to 55 minutes.

Remember Jacksonville? That team was frothing at the mouth for a shutout. They gave it up late. Guess this would work out for them too.

The game is 60 minutes long. Play the entire game like you play the first 55 and this isn't an issue.

keg in kc
10-15-2007, 03:53 PM
I'd say be careful of tunnel-vision. We dominated Cincinnati's offense yesterday, regardless of what raw stats may say. They had no chance in the game after the middle of the first quarter.

The Chiefs defense did exactly what we want them to do: they knocked a good offense out of synch early, and gave our own offense the ball several times with advantageous field position. That kind of play can win a lot of games.

And don't lose sight of the issues with the offense. Had they been able to sustain drives in the second half, the game would have been even more lopsided. They did their part, in terms of putting points up after turnovers, but they still haven't shown an ability to generate long TD drives. We need that, both for the points and the ToP, and to give the defense a breather.

beer bacon
10-15-2007, 03:55 PM
I'd say be careful of tunnel-vision. We dominated Cincinnati's offense yesterday, regardless of what raw stats may say. They had no chance in the game after the middle of the first quarter.

The Chiefs defense did exactly what we want them to do: they knocked a good offense out of synch early, and gave our own offense the ball several times with advantageous field position. That kind of play can win a lot of games.

And don't lose sight of the issues with the offense. Had they been able to sustain drives in the second half, the game would have been even more lopsided. They did their part, in terms of putting points up after turnovers, but they still haven't shown an ability to generate long TD drives. We need that...

I don't understand why some coaches think running three times into nine man fronts and punting is better then getting easy completions through the air and thus first downs. Take what the defense gives you.

The Bad Guy
10-15-2007, 04:02 PM
What's so great about the Baltimore line?

Ngota is good, Gregg is alright, Pryce was hurt, so who else is good?

Suggs is a LB in that scheme.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't understand why some coaches think running three times into nine man fronts and punting is better then getting easy completions through the air and thus first downs. Take what the defense gives you.

They had a healthy lead. So they tried running out the clock. Nothing wrong with that, however our run game is inconsistent. Hopefully it will get better as the season goes along but who knows??

beer bacon
10-15-2007, 04:34 PM
They had a healthy lead. So they tried running out the clock. Nothing wrong with that, however our run game is inconsistent. Hopefully it will get better as the season goes along but who knows??

The Bengals were putting nine guys in the box by the 4th quarter. Our blocking is not nearly good enough to move the ball against that many guys. It was basically a given that we weren't going to move the ball on the ground.

BigMeatballDave
10-15-2007, 04:52 PM
I see from your profile that you are about 22 years old. I'll give you another 5-6 years of this franchise's bullsh!t until you become as disenfranchised as others on this board.Exactly. When I was 21-22, we were winning 10 games every season. Its nice, but its also like walking on a treadmill.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 05:15 PM
I know no one would have given the Chiefs' offense credit if they had racked up a bunch of garbage-time stats yesterday...

The Bad Guy
10-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Exactly. When I was 21-22, we were winning 10 games every season. Its nice, but its also like walking on a treadmill.

I think some of you think you can just forgo the regular season to get to the playoffs.

I'll take 10 game seasons every year of my life and be happy about it.

BigMeatballDave
10-15-2007, 05:21 PM
I think some of you think you can just forgo the regular season to get to the playoffs.

I'll take 10 game seasons every year of my life and be happy about it.So would I if some of those net some post-season wins.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2007, 05:30 PM
The Bengals were putting nine guys in the box by the 4th quarter. Our blocking is not nearly good enough to move the ball against that many guys. It was basically a given that we weren't going to move the ball on the ground.

Huard was getting murdered. Im fairly certain a decision was made by Herm to try and protect his QB a bit. I know this hard for alot of people to understand, but like it or not, Herm is not DV and never will be.

There are many ways to win. I dont care how we do it, 13-10 or 45-43...a win is a win.

OnTheWarpath15
10-15-2007, 05:43 PM
I know no one would have given the Chiefs' offense credit if they had racked up a bunch of garbage-time stats yesterday...

I absolutely would have.

That would have meant that we ran the ball on a team that KNEW we were going to run the ball at the end.

Something we've never had a problem doing until THIS year.

You know your running game is on track when the other team knows your running....and they STILL can't stop you.

banyon
10-15-2007, 05:52 PM
ROFL

Would you rather have Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, and Ty Warren, or Alphonso Boone, Tamba, Jared, and Ron Edwards?

Actually, I think that question's a lot harder to answer than it used to be. NE looks unbeatable, but I still think Jared would start for them the way he is playing. That would be ridiculously unfair to add his pass rush ferocity to their gameplan. I think Seymour is the only guy that is maybe better than both Allen and Hali. Wilfork's better than Boone or Edwards, but Hali balances that out a bit.

I think you're letting your disdain for Hootie (which I share fervently) get in the way of reading that quote for what it was. Here's a guy who just got completely blasted from the left side down after down saying our D-Line (really what concerns him is the pass rush anyway) making an off the cuff remark after getting repeatedly driven to the turf. He probably thinks we are comparable, but might back off on it after watching game film, or seeing his good buddy Willie Anderson again.

banyon
10-15-2007, 05:57 PM
How many yards did Cincy gain in the last 6 minutes of the game???

Could it possibly be New England did a better job of running out the clock in garbage time, whereas our running game netted -15 yards, a spike ball clock stopping penalty, etc...?!

You CANNOT tell me our defense didn't ABSOLUTELY dominate the Cincy offense...because they did. That was PURE domination up until the point where the game became out of reach for Cincy and our defense went to our 6 DB prevent...

NO THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS FOR 55 MINUTES? That's a SICK stat. SICK. Guarantee New England and Baltimore didn't top that, Chief Negativity!

You must not have watched New England much. Just like this week, in Week 4 the pats threw a garbage time TD pass to Randy Moss with 3 minutes left in the game when they were already up 27-13.

beer bacon
10-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Ty Warren is underrated. He had 84 tackles, third on the team, and eight sacks, 1st on the team, last season. That is pretty damn insane for a 3-4 DE.

beer bacon
10-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Huard was getting murdered. Im fairly certain a decision was made by Herm to try and protect his QB a bit. I know this hard for alot of people to understand, but like it or not, Herm is not DV and never will be.

There are many ways to win. I dont care how we do it, 13-10 or 45-43...a win is a win.

With the way Cinci was stacking the box, we could have done a bunch of 3 step drops with passes outside to Bowe and Webb and still gotten first downs. We could have left Gonzo and Dunn in on the line for more protection, and that also wouldn't have given it away that we were going to throw the ball.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 08:30 PM
You must not have watched New England much. Just like this week, in Week 4 the pats threw a garbage time TD pass to Randy Moss with 3 minutes left in the game when they were already up 27-13.
Yeah, I know...I bitched about it relentlessly and was made fun of for it...

Hootie
10-15-2007, 08:34 PM
With the way Cinci was stacking the box, we could have done a bunch of 3 step drops with passes outside to Bowe and Webb and still gotten first downs. We could have left Gonzo and Dunn in on the line for more protection, and that also wouldn't have given it away that we were going to throw the ball.
We finally saw Solari make an adjustment in the second half, it was beautiful...Cincy had nothing to lose so they were putting 8 in the box and playing the corners 10 yards off the ball and Huard did about three straight quick passes to Webb and Bowe that worked for 8 yards a pop (until Webb fumbled), but it was awesome to see an adjustment on the offensive side of the ball.

1ChiefsDan
10-15-2007, 09:09 PM

I'm sorry, but that one stat does not equal "total domination." Especially When you allow that many yards on 1st and 2nd down.Anyone have the stats by quarter - I seem to remember a really long stretch where the bungles went 3 and out. I recall, other than the 1st drive, that most of the yards came towards the end of the game.

While that sucks, it doesn't mean we didn't dominate them. Lots of teams give up lots of yards when they have a commanding lead and go into the stupid "prevent defense".

beer bacon
10-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Anyone have the stats by quarter - I seem to remember a really long stretch where the bungles went 3 and out. I recall, other than the 1st drive, that most of the yards came towards the end of the game.

While that sucks, it doesn't mean we didn't dominate them. Lots of teams give up lots of yards when they have a commanding lead and go into the stupid "prevent defense".

I have added up the yards from the play-by-play a couple times. We gave up about 175 yards in the fourth quarter. 160 or so of those were in the last eight minutes of the game.

We didn't allow a third down conversion until their was 3:38 left in the game, but on the drive before that the Giants marched 80 yards for a TD and didn't have a single 3rd down.

Basileus777
10-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Actually, I think that question's a lot harder to answer than it used to be. NE looks unbeatable, but I still think Jared would start for them the way he is playing. That would be ridiculously unfair to add his pass rush ferocity to their gameplan. I think Seymour is the only guy that is maybe better than both Allen and Hali. Wilfork's better than Boone or Edwards, but Hali balances that out a bit.

I think you're letting your disdain for Hootie (which I share fervently) get in the way of reading that quote for what it was. Here's a guy who just got completely blasted from the left side down after down saying our D-Line (really what concerns him is the pass rush anyway) making an off the cuff remark after getting repeatedly driven to the turf. He probably thinks we are comparable, but might back off on it after watching game film, or seeing his good buddy Willie Anderson again.

You can't compare the our dline with New Englands', completely different systems. None of our dline could even play in the 3-4. But just based on talent, the Pats have the better dline by far.

Warren is good, he might have been the best player on the line for the past season, mostly cause Seymour has been hurt. Seymour will still be great when he comes back healthy, and Wilfork is one of the better NTs in the league.

Allen is comparable to Warren in ability, but we don't have a player of Seymour's caliber. And our DTs are not even close to Wilfork.

beer bacon
10-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Actually, I just checked Gamebook. My stats were off. This is what Gamebooks says:

1st quarter:

71 yards
Seven points

2nd quarter:

39 yards
Zero points

3rd quarter:

78 yards
Three points (37 yard drive began in third quarter and ended in 4th. 30 of the yards were gained in the 3rd quarter, so I counted it here.)

4th quarter:

185 yards
10 points
173 yards gained in the last 8:03 of the game.

banyon
10-15-2007, 09:27 PM
You can't compare the our dline with New Englands', completely different systems. None of our dline could even play in the 3-4. But just based on talent, the Pats have the better dline by far.

Warren is good, he might have been the best player on the line for the past season, mostly cause Seymour has been hurt. Seymour will still be great when he comes back healthy, and Wilfork is one of the better NTs in the league.

Allen is comparable to Warren in ability, but we don't have a player of Seymour's caliber. And our DTs are not even close to Wilfork.

Yeah, i mostly agree. I'm just saying that at least we can compare them now. This would've been just absurd if we were comparing them to Sims, Vonnie Holliday, Erick Hicks, and John Browning.

Thig Lyfe
10-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Jared Allen is one of my bestest heroes.

keg in kc
10-15-2007, 10:33 PM

I'm sorry, but that one stat does not equal "total domination." Especially When you allow that many yards on 1st and 2nd down.!st and 2nd down plays through the first 3 quarters yesterday:

Total 1st down plays: 16
Plays for no gain or lost yardage: 4
Plays for 1-4 yards: 3
Plays for 5-9 yards: 5 (including 1 penalty)
Plays for 10+ yards: 4 (14, 16, 19, 42)

Total 2nd down plays: 12
Plays for no gain or lost yardage: 5
Plays for 1-4 yards: 3
Plays for 5-9 yards: 3
Plays for 10+ yards: 1 (14)

Totals on 1st and 2nd down:
Total plays: 28
Plays for no gain or lost yardage: 9 (32.1%)
Plays for 1-4 yards: 6 (21.4%)
Plays for 5-9 yards: 8 (including 1 penalty) (28.5%)
Plays for 10+ yards: 5 (14, 14, 16, 19, 42) (17.9%)

So, looking at the numbers, more than half of the Bengals 1st and 2nd down plays through 3 quarters yesterday went for 4 yards or less, and just under a third (9 of 28) went for no gain or a loss. Only 5 of their 28 1st and 2nd down plays went for 10-20+ yards. And the thing that really skews those numbers, as good as they are for the KC unit, is the first drive, where the Bengals had 1st and 2nd down plays of 5, 7, 19 and 42 yards. Take the ensuing drive through the end of the 3rd quarter, and the numbers were even more in favor of the Chiefs defense:

Totals on 1st and 2nd down:
Total plays: 24
Plays for no gain or lost yardage: 9 (37.5%)
Plays for 1-4 yards: 6 (25%)
Plays for 5-9 yards: 6 (including 1 penalty) (25%)
Plays for 10+ yards: 3 (14, 14, 16) (12.5%)

That's a combined total of 62.5% of the plays going for 4 yards or less on 1st and 2nd down, and just 3 plays longer than 10 (0 over 20).

OnTheWarpath15
10-15-2007, 11:13 PM
I stand corrected. Thank you for brings FACT to the discussion.

However, a supposed "elite" defense (like some are saying, not necessarily you) shouldn't be giving up 183 yards in the 4th quarter while protecting a lead.

Back to the Patriots/Bengals game:

The Pats, an elite defense, allowed only 67 yards, on the road, while holding a 24-10 lead going into the 4th quarter.

Jacksonville was 28th in total offense before visiting Arrowhead, and left with 357 yards in their back pocket.

They've played well in spurts. They've also been quite fortunate that Childress and Norv are complete morons. Nothing like handcuffing your star RB's in the 2nd half, after torching the defense in the 1st with them.

Is the defense BETTER? Sure.

Is the defense ELITE? No way. At least, not yet.