PDA

View Full Version : Plays that piss you off...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 12:31 PM
What stuff on the football field absolutely makes your blood boil?

Here's some of the shit that I can't stand:

1) When a defender makes a pick (usually a guy from Da' U) and he tries to lateral to another defender.
2) Receivers running a 6 yard hitch on 3rd and 8.
3) Punt returners trying to catch the ball inside the ten.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Celebrating a tackle past the first down marker

Kraus
10-15-2007, 12:34 PM
1.) People who celebrate for doing their job, i.e. making a tackle or catch.
2.) Running when there are 8-9 guys in the box.

Mr. Laz
10-15-2007, 12:34 PM
1. fade pass on 3rd/4th down

2. playing a soft zone behind a blitz

3. pass to a RB coming out of the backfield OVER his outside shoulder ..... even if he catches it, he's not going anywhere.

beer bacon
10-15-2007, 12:35 PM
A fade pass into the endzone.

dtebbe
10-15-2007, 12:44 PM
1. Any play called by Mike Solari

That pretty much covers it.

DT

Simply Red
10-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Celebrating a tackle past the first down marker
good one.

The Franchise
10-15-2007, 12:49 PM
3rd and 12 and they run a draw.

Mr. Plow
10-15-2007, 12:55 PM
1. 3rd & Long - Draw
2. Going to shotgun formation when it's obvious to everyone it's going to be a draw.
3. F'n bootleg against the Chiefs. We fall for it damn time.

booyaf2
10-15-2007, 12:59 PM
that screen pass we run all the time for -3 yards. that pass seems to take forever to get to Lj, its no wonder it goes nowhere.

KChiefer
10-15-2007, 01:03 PM
The QB sneak.

False starts.

Freezing kickers esp with the new timeout rules.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I personally like the 3rd and long draw...

You get in WAY more trouble trying to convert 3rd and longs than you do by playing it safe, especially when you have a good defense like we do...

Which is why Huard commonly throws the ball 5 yards short...why force mistakes?

As for our team, we should really just stop trying to run screen passes...we obviously can't execute them...so erase them from the playbook.

|Zach|
10-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Only a few things...

Trying to draw a team offsides on 4th and short. That never ****ing works. It is almost embarrassing when teams try it.

And the last second TO field goal thing.

sedated
10-15-2007, 01:09 PM
I don't mind a fade as long as its to DBowe.

I also don't necessarily mind the draw, especially when you're in FG range.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Only a few things...

Trying to draw a team offsides on 4th and short. That never ****ing works. It is almost embarrassing when teams try it.

And the last second TO field goal thing.
I can't wait for the dude to miss the field goal, only to realize the timeout was called, and then drill it after the timeout.

That will make my week.

Mr. Plow
10-15-2007, 01:12 PM
I personally like the 3rd and long draw...

You get in WAY more trouble trying to convert 3rd and longs than you do by playing it safe, especially when you have a good defense like we do...

I think it's very possible to convert a 3rd & 15 without having to enter the danger zone.

noa
10-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Players who try to get an interception on a 4th down (unless its a clear path to the endzone) or a Hail Mary. Your team is better off if you just bat the ball down. Trying to return a ball unnecessarily just leaves players open for injuries and another turnover.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:16 PM
I think it's very possible to convert a 3rd & 15 without having to enter the danger zone.
The league % on 3rd and 15 and longer has to be less than 25%...

and that is BY FAR the most dangerous situation...we have a great punter...I'd take half the 15 and a good punt over a pick 100% of the time...

You don't start risking dumb passes on 3rd and 15 unless you have to - if it's the first half and we're down by a score there is no reason to dig a deeper hole by throwing a pass that shouldn't have been thrown.

Of course, people don't understand this and will continue to boo the 3rd and 19 draw even though every single NFL team does it...

luv
10-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Giving the ball to your star RB one yard away from a first down only to lose yardage.

The Franchise
10-15-2007, 01:19 PM

and that is BY FAR the most dangerous situation...we have a great punter...I'd take half the 15 and a good punt over a pick 100% of the time...

You don't start risking dumb passes on 3rd and 15 unless you have to - if it's the first half and we're down by a score there is no reason to dig a deeper hole by throwing a pass that shouldn't have been thrown.

Of course, people don't understand this and will continue to boo the 3rd and 19 draw even though every single NFL team does it...

I understand it....it just annoys me to no end.

The Franchise
10-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Giving the ball to your star RB one yard away from a first down only to lose yardage.
lol My girlfriend thought I was psychic because they lined up on 3rd and inches and I called a handoff to LJ for a one yard loss.

HemiEd
10-15-2007, 01:20 PM
3) Punt returners trying to catch the ball inside the ten.

Drummond, has had me screaming at my TV, on this issue more than any player in Chief's history. I wonder if Herm has a choke collar on this guy too?

He did it at least twice yesterday.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Lose/lose situation...

The line obviously can't get enough push for that 1 yard, but if Solari calls a pass he gets castrated by fans for not using our 20 million dollar man to pick up that easy 1 yard...

luv
Drummond has had me screaming at my TV on this more than any player in Chief's history. I wonder if Herm has a choke collar on this guy?

He did it at least twice yesterday.
He also called for fair catches whenever he had room to move.

'Hamas' Jenkins

This, in a nutshell, is why Hootie supports Huard and Hermball. They are rooted in cowardice and passivity. Why risk success when you could also fail? Oh noes!!!

Trying to get a first down on 3rd and 15 does not equate to throwing into double coverage or slinging it up for grabs.

You should be able to differentiate the two.

Boon
10-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Handing the ball to LJ. The blocking breaks down something terrible and LJ is smashed for a three yard loss. He then proceeds to spike the ball, drawing a delay of game penalty and the loss of more yardage. Yup, I love that play.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:23 PM
I understand it....it just annoys me to no end.
I wish we could get a touchdown on every possession, too...like we used to...

But we're not that team anymore, and quite frankly, I'll take this D and this O over what we had in 2003.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:26 PM
This, in a nutshell, is why Hootie supports Huard and Hermball. They are rooted in cowardice and passivity. Why risk success when you could also fail? Oh noes!!!

Trying to get a first down on 3rd and 15 does not equate to throwing into double coverage or slinging it up for grabs.

You should be able to differentiate the two.
No, but, Carson Palmer showed exactly what happens against good teams when you try and pick up 1st downs on 3rd and long...

Surtain totally cat and moused Palmer into throwing that ball to CJ for the pick...

Our team isn't built to pick up 3rd and longs...if we were the Colts, shit, go for it every time...

But that is not in our makeup. We aren't that team. We are built to convert 3rd and 5, 3rd and 4, 3rd and 7...not 3rd and 15...

Which is in essence why we depend so much on LJ...and why our offense has been so ineffective this year with all of his no gains and negative gains...

We aren't a 2nd and 13, 3rd and 11 team...we can't be successful in those downs.

Which is why what Huard did against the Vikings was so impressive...in the second half he was converting 2nd and long and 3rd and long one by one with consistency...

but of course being the pseudo-intellectual you are, you don't allow yourself to see outside the box.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 01:28 PM

But we're not that team anymore, and quite frankly, I'll take this D and this O over what we had in 2003.

ROFL....

Look, this team had a lot of flaws in '03, but if you honestly believe that this team could even sniff the jock of the '03 squad, you are one dumb motherf*cker.

HemiEd
10-15-2007, 01:29 PM
He also called for fair catches whenever he had room to move.

That was my point, I don't mind him running with the ball when he catches it at the 8.
But he ****ing fair catches it at the 8, like he is scared. Hell, most of the time that ball will bounce into the end zone, and put us at the 20.

I wonder what he is scared of, turning the ball over again? Thus my comment on the choke collar. He fumbled once, so now he is restricted.

Rausch
10-15-2007, 01:29 PM
I also don't necessarily mind the draw, especially when you're in FG range.

Or when your offensive line has proven it can't block for $#it on obvious running downs...

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:31 PM
ROFL....

Look, this team had a lot of flaws in '03, but if you honestly believe that this team could even sniff the jock of the '03 squad, you are one dumb motherf*cker.
When did I say that?

I like when people put words in my mouth...

I said, I rather have this offense and this defense then what we had in 2003...

I never said anything about this team being better than that team, just that I preferred a great defense to a great offense.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 01:32 PM
No, but, Carson Palmer showed exactly what happens against good teams when you try and pick up 1st downs on 3rd and long...

Surtain totally cat and moused Palmer into throwing that ball to CJ for the pick...

Our team isn't built to pick up 3rd and longs...if we were the Colts, shit, go for it every time...

But that is not in our makeup. We aren't that team. We are built to convert 3rd and 5, 3rd and 4, 3rd and 7...not 3rd and 15...

Which is in essence why we depend so much on LJ...and why our offense has been so ineffective this year with all of his no gains and negative gains...

We aren't a 2nd and 13, 3rd and 11 team...we can't be successful in those downs.

Which is why what Huard did against the Vikings was so impressive...in the second half he was converting 2nd and long and 3rd and long one by one with consistency...

but of course being the pseudo-intellectual you are, you don't allow yourself to see outside the box.

I guess David Garrard should have just dumped it off on all those 3rd and longs that they converted last week.

But then again, Dennis Northcutt, Reggie Williams, and Matt Jones would be like having Jerry Rice, Art Monk, and Michael Irvin in the same receiving corps.

One of the reasons why we don't try to pick up 3rd and longs has to do with the fact that our noodle-armed QB can't make the necessary throws along the seams and sidelines to convert those plays, which is where the holes in a multiple defender D will be, and the fact that risk=bad for Herm and the cowards on the sideline.

Oh, and one Carson Palmer pick on 3rd and long automatically proves your hypothesis, eh??

God, you're a dumbass.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 01:33 PM
When did I say that?

I never said anything about this team being better than that team, just that I preferred a great defense to a great offense.

I was giving you benefit of the doubt...I guess I was wrong there, as you'd prefer a worse football team because it suits the kind of football you'd like to watch.

And we're the half-fans??

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:35 PM
I guess David Garrard should have just dumped it off on all those 3rd and longs that they converted last week.

But then again, Dennis Northcutt, Reggie Williams, and Matt Jones would be like having Jerry Rice, Art Monk, and Michael Irvin in the same receiving corps.

One of the reasons why we don't try to pick up 3rd and longs has to do with the fact that our noodle-armed QB can't make the necessary throws along the seams and sidelines to convert those plays, which is where the holes in a multiple defender D will be, and the fact that risk=bad for Herm and the cowards on the sideline.

Oh, and one Carson Palmer pick on 3rd and long automatically proves your hypothesis, eh??

God, you're a dumbass.
Garrard has been phenomenal this year, and the defenses inability to stop Jacksonville on 3rd and long HAD TO HAVE BEEN a point of emphasis this week in practice.

However, Jacksonville is match-up nightmare for us. Their strength on offense is in direct correlation to our weakness on defense...

Jacksonville has a chance to beat Indianapolis in the South IMO...they are that good...which is why Indy can't fall asleep in the regular season this year like they did last year.

I think Jax is better than Pitt...

NE/Indy
Jax
Pitt
(and then a heap of teams in the AFC - including the Chiefs)

DFB
10-15-2007, 01:36 PM

Which is why we should throw on first and second to set up 3rd and short (if necessary). But, then LJ pouts so what can you do?

luv

God, you're a dumbass.
Not to get n the middle of yet another Hamas/Hootie argument, but didn't Huard throw some sideline passes to Webb yesterday?

Again, not trying to argue. Just wondering.

allen_kcCard
I can't wait for the dude to miss the field goal, only to realize the timeout was called, and then drill it after the timeout.

That will make my week.

Better yet, I can't wait for a coach to guess that the opposing coach will do that to them and have some sort of a prepared sequence set-up. Like if they plan to go for the FG, but if the other team does the time-out then the play is changed to a fake FG.

So the defending team sees the attempted field goal, the offence makes it, but has to re-kick and they all just stay out on the field waiting for the next attempt. The defence just saw them make an attempt and are gung-ho about trying to stop them from doing it again only to see that now it is a fake. Instead of seeing a game-tying field goal they instead see a game-winning TD off of a faked FG.

luv
10-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Which is why we should throw on first and second to set up 3rd and short (if necessary). But, then LJ pouts so what can you do?
Do you typically run on third and shorts? LJ seems to be losing two instead of gaining two on plays like that.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:38 PM
I was giving you benefit of the doubt...I guess I was wrong there, as you'd prefer a worse football team because it suits the kind of football you'd like to watch.

And we're the half-fans??
Again, when did I say this team was worse than that team?

I have no idea which team is better...I do know, this current team would RUN all over that defense, just like every other team did...

and I do know that, this team might have a chance to stop that offense a few times, and that's all it took against that team once we were exposed.

Our 2003 team showed in the playoffs that all it took to beat us was a dropped pass (Morton), missed field goal, and a fumble (Priest)...

At least this team has a chance somewhere down the line, Herm has to be one of the most underrated parts of this equation...it might be time for the critics to back off.

bobbything
10-15-2007, 01:38 PM

Only if this team manages to rip off 10 straight wins, the AFC West title, a 1st round bye, and a home playoff game.

Really, I think you just said what you said to start some sort of unnecessary argument(s).

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Do you typically run on third and shorts? LJ seems to be losing two instead of gaining two on plays like that.
3rd and 1 is an obvious running down, and our team has shown one thing this year...we can't run on obvious run downs...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Not to get n the middle of yet another Hamas/Hootie argument, but didn't Huard throw some sideline passes to Webb yesterday?

He threw a 17 yard out on 3rd and 18 that was probably his best pass of the year. I'll give him that.

Hootie
Only if this team manages to rip off 10 straight wins, the AFC West title, a 1st round bye, and a home playoff game.

Really, I think you just said what you said to start some sort of unnecessary argument(s).
Huh?

The goal for this season should be:

Win the AFCW.
Win that first round playoff home game.
Try and stay somewhat competitive against Indy or NE...

Gain experience for the young guys and helllllo next year.

No one is saying KC has a chance at winning the AFC. That's asinine. But tanking the year is ridiculous and NO NFL TEAM does that.

DFB

You would typically, but up until yesterday, our run blocking was horrible on obvious run downs. Pass blocking was good, run blocking no. Then yesterday, it's the opposite. :shrug:

luv

Hootie is very good at making unnecessary comments that he knows will piss people off. It's part of his "charm".

Demonpenz
10-15-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't mind when you have to throw it alittle bit short when a WR runs a route that Dback is sitting right there on the first yard marker. If you go to it sometimes you won't be open. Cutting it off and trying to catch and run is better than not being open and the QB gets sack. It depends on the plays though. Sometimes there is no reason for the WR to cut off the route and he does gets tackled and sometimes (like i was talking about earlier) it happens. I hate it when a team gets the ball with liek 50 seconds left in the half. Runs a draw to see if they can break off a run. If it fails then they run out the clock if it works then they all the sudden try to go down field. Make up your mind before hand so you don't burn up 20 seconds running that draw or just kneel it. You run the risk of a turnover or getting your RB blasted for no reason.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:42 PM
He threw a 17 yard out on 3rd and 18 that was probably his best pass of the year. I'll give him that.
25-35
260 yards
2 TD's

and no credit!

THAT'S THE HAMAS SPECIAL! HE'S MORE PISSED AFTER A WIN THAN A LOSS!

HAHAHAHAHA

DFB
10-15-2007, 01:43 PM
25-35
260 yards
2 TD's

and no credit!

THAT'S THE HAMAS SPECIAL! HE'S MORE PISSED AFTER A WIN THAN A LOSS!

HAHAHAHAHA

264 yds. ;)

Just saying...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Again, when did I say this team was worse than that team?

I have no idea which team is better...I do know, this current team would RUN all over that defense, just like every other team did...

and I do know that, this team might have a chance to stop that offense a few times, and that's all it took against that team once we were exposed.

Our 2003 team showed in the playoffs that all it took to beat us was a dropped pass (Morton), missed field goal, and a fumble (Priest)...

At least this team has a chance somewhere down the line, Herm has to be one of the most underrated parts of this equation...it might be time for the critics to back off.

This team would get eviscerated by the '03 Chiefs, and that wasn't even Vermeil's best team, nor was Vermeil that good of a coach.

Do you honestly think that the Cover 2, whose weakness is the seams, would stop Gonzalez, or our team, who can't stop the run, would do anything against Priest??

Lonewolf Ed
10-15-2007, 01:45 PM
I hate it when the Chiefs have 2nd and 1. Hand off, run between center and guard. 2 yard gain, first down! Yay!

Why don't they do a play fake and throw a pass to someone? Then do the halfback dive on 3rd and 1. :banghead:

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Huh?

Win the AFCW.

No one is saying KC has a chance at winning the AFC. That's asinine. But tanking the year is ridiculous and NO NFL TEAM does that.

If anything, starting Huard is tanking the future of the franchise, but you're too goddamned infatuated and/or ignorant to see that.

That's the irony of this entire QB situation.

HemiEd
10-15-2007, 01:48 PM

Huard made some pinpoint passes yesterday, especially in the first half. One of them he threw to Tony was exactly where it had to be.

DFB
If this team gets to the playoffs (win or lose), that's one more playoff game experience for Jared, DJ, and all the young guys on D. That's valuable. And another reason why it doesn't make this season a waste.

Hootie
If anything, starting Huard is tanking the future of the franchise, but you're too goddamned infatuated and/or ignorant to see that.

That's the irony of this entire QB situation.
Tanking the future??

Is Croyle suddenly going to lose his right arm because he has to wait another year on the bench???

Seriously...

HOW IN GOD'S NAME IS CROYLE, OUR 350,000 DOLLAR BACKUP QB, SITTING ON THE BENCH EFFECTING THE FUTURE OF OUR FRANCHISE?

Next year, when and if he can win the job, the only difference will be he'll have another year under his belt (which is big) and another offseason to work with teammates and coaches...

Seriously...2 years on the bench hurt the Chargers and Rivers SOOO much they went 14-2.

bobbything
10-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Huh?

Win the AFCW.

To quote you, when did I say to "tank" this season? I never even implied that. I have zero idea where you came up with that. I was simply stating that, if this team rips off a 13-3 season, wins the West, has a 1st round bye, and has a home playoff game (you see, this is what happened in 2003), then I could see your point. Otherwise, the 2003 team is the team you should want.

Now, if this team wins the West and wins a home playoff game, then I'll agree with you. But, to duplicate the success of the 2003 team is going to be a tall order.

You're also saying things about "next year." Are you just saying you'd rather have the 2007 team based on potential for the future than the 2003 team? If so, I'd agree. But, just comparing two different teams in their respective seasons, that's different.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:51 PM
I love how the fans act like Croyle was a top 10 pick...

Check this out:

Croyle: 7/27/2006: Signed a four-year contract. 2007: $360,000, 2008: $445,000, 2009: $530,000, 2010: Free Agent

Rivers: Signed a 6 year, $40.5 million contract with the San Diego Chargers that included $14.5 million in signing bonuses.

WA LA

Hootie
10-15-2007, 01:53 PM
To quote you, when did I say to "tank" this season? I never even implied that. I have zero idea where you came up with that. I was simply stating that, if this team rips off a 13-3 season, wins the West, has a 1st round bye, and has a home playoff game (you see, this is what happened in 2003), then I could see your point. Otherwise, the 2003 team is the team you should want.

Now, if this team wins the West and wins a home playoff game, then I'll agree with you. But, to duplicate the success of the 2003 team is going to be a tall order.

You're also saying things about "next year." Are you just saying you'd rather have the 2007 team based on potential for the future than the 2003 team? If so, I'd agree. But, just comparing two different teams in their respective seasons, that's different.
I feel as if this team has a much better shot at a playoff win than that team...

We'll be playing a 5 seed (hopefully not Jacksonville), which means Peyton won't come into Arrowhead and destroy us like he did in 2003.

And a playoff win is a GOOD start.

Pitt Gorilla
10-15-2007, 01:53 PM
1. fade pass on 3rd/4th down

2. playing a soft zone behind a blitz

3. pass to a RB coming out of the backfield OVER his outside shoulder ..... even if he catches it, he's not going anywhere.The fade to Chase Coffman has been difficult to stop on any down.

CosmicPal
10-15-2007, 01:57 PM
I hate prevent defense.

I understand you want to keep all the receivers in front of you, but it simply gives up too many big plays and keeps the opponents drive alive.

I'd rather see them be more aggressive on those plays....

bobbything
10-15-2007, 02:00 PM
I feel as if this team has a much better shot at a playoff win than that team...

We'll be playing a 5 seed (hopefully not Jacksonville), which means Peyton won't come into Arrowhead and destroy us like he did in 2003.

Well, you might want to wait to see if we get to the playoffs first. If we get to the playoffs, I'd have to see this team either win a home game in the 1st round, or get a 1st round bye before I say which team I'd rather have.

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:00 PM
I hate prevent defense.

I understand you want to keep all the receivers in front of you, but it simply gives up too many big plays and keeps the opponents drive alive.

I'd rather see them be more aggressive on those plays....
Cincy really managed the game poorly...they could've moved the ball on us had they COMMITTED to the no huddle, but everytime they got 3rd and 3 or 4 they went to the huddle and gave us a chance to re-group and make the necessary substitutions...

Hootie
10-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Well, you might want to wait to see if we get to the playoffs first. If we get to the playoffs, I'd have to see this team either win a home game in the 1st round, or get a 1st round bye before I say which team I'd rather have.
we have a 0% chance at a first round bye =)

Nightfyre
10-15-2007, 02:42 PM
I have to say, while I agree Croyle should start, Herm's defense has not given up more than 20 points yet. That approach creates a strong, consistent performance that keeps us in the game.

More exciting than that for me, is that this is just his second year. Dick Vermeil's team took three years to reach its pinnacle, and frankly, this team is more competetive than DVs was at this point in its ascent. FURTHER: Dick Vermeil's team was old as hell. Herm's team is YOUNG and will continue to get BETTER instead of "pinnacling" at three years.

Short Version of my point: Herm Edwards has a better and more consistent team now than DV had at this point in his tenure here, and I believe Herm's team will continue to ascend beyond three years due to the age of the team. Once Herm retools the OLine and we have a half-decent QB, this team will be better than the 03 team. My biggest concern is the age of our CBs.

morphius
10-15-2007, 02:59 PM
1. Prevent D

2. TE Screen

3. The confusion of what constitutes a "Football move", one week a ref calls it a fumble when a guy has 2 feet on the ground and starts to turn, the next week a guy gets 2 feet, a hand and a knee and it is an incomplete pass. wtf?

Reerun_KC
10-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Any play that involves Horrid at QB really makes me want to puke....

Hootie
10-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Any play that involves Horrid at QB really makes me want to puke....
Dude, no worries...

The chances of us going 13-3 are slim so you'll get at least one more loss to celebrate!

Nightfyre
10-15-2007, 04:34 PM
I have to say, while I agree Croyle should start, Herm's defense has not given up more than 20 points yet. That approach creates a strong, consistent performance that keeps us in the game.

More exciting than that for me, is that this is just his second year. Dick Vermeil's team took three years to reach its pinnacle, and frankly, this team is more competetive than DVs was at this point in its ascent. FURTHER: Dick Vermeil's team was old as hell. Herm's team is YOUNG and will continue to get BETTER instead of "pinnacling" at three years.

Short Version of my point: Herm Edwards has a better and more consistent team now than DV had at this point in his tenure here, and I believe Herm's team will continue to ascend beyond three years due to the age of the team. Once Herm retools the OLine and we have a half-decent QB, this team will be better than the 03 team. My biggest concern is the age of our CBs.
Bump for arguments!

Psyko Tek
10-15-2007, 04:52 PM
ROFL....

not much on the jock sniffing, but I think they would beat them

against the 03 career day defense the 07 team would score at will

and the 07 d would make them punt a few times

JohninGpt
10-15-2007, 05:06 PM
we have a 0% chance at a first round bye =)
You mean Indy and New England AREN'T going to start losing every game for the rest of the season? :huh:

Mr. Plow
10-15-2007, 05:09 PM

I'm sure Peyton will destroy this team again. Like 2003....or last year. Different year, same result.

Mr. Plow
10-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Tanking the future??

Is Croyle suddenly going to lose his right arm because he has to wait another year on the bench???

Seriously...

HOW IN GOD'S NAME IS CROYLE, OUR 350,000 DOLLAR BACKUP QB, SITTING ON THE BENCH EFFECTING THE FUTURE OF OUR FRANCHISE?

Next year, when and if he can win the job, the only difference will be he'll have another year under his belt (which is big) and another offseason to work with teammates and coaches...

Seriously...2 years on the bench hurt the Chargers and Rivers SOOO much they went 14-2.

Excellent. Maybe Huard can stick around until we find another aging career backup to take his place.

Mr. Plow
10-15-2007, 05:12 PM

We are in the game only if the opposing team is playing so horribly that they allow this offense to score more than 14 points.

Mr. Laz
10-15-2007, 05:13 PM
When did I say that?

so you prefer a worse team just so you can watch defense?

:spock:

CoMoChief
10-15-2007, 05:27 PM
We did this a few times under DV and AS, and MU does it all the time no matter the situation because of their offense. But I HATE it when we are in a goal situation and we decide to line up in shotgun formation. Twice that has resulted in INT for the Chiefs, once when we played SEA in 2002 and then again in 2004 when we played HOU at home.

ClevelandBronco
10-15-2007, 05:29 PM
I hate when a ballcarrier starts his celebration of a sure TD at the five yard line. Hate it even more when he slows down and gets cute with his last few steps to the goal line. Makes we wish he'd just trip, fall and fumble out of the back of the end zone.

Third Eye
10-15-2007, 05:41 PM
I hate plays where your 45 million dollar running back can't be arsed to even get in the way of a blitzing defender.

Boyceofsummer
10-15-2007, 06:00 PM
and gains a mere 5 yards, or so. A flag on the play reveals that a defensve hold (albiet questionable) was called by ref. Chiefs opponent recieves a new set of downs. This rule is bullshit and always has been. If the reciever was held to the point that a big play was averted, call pass interference.

That call within the 5 yard line against Dallas a few years ago that resulted in pic or a fumble return for a touchdown seconds before halftime. A score, even a FG would have been the dagger for the Cowboys. If I remember the Chiefs wnet 10-6 and missed the playoffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

PhillyChiefFan
10-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Punters playing hamlet on the field, when they get toe tagged by a defenders pinky finger.

Extra Point
10-16-2007, 07:54 AM
3rd & 15+ is a good down-field passing down. If picked, it's a punt, for all practical purposes.