PDA

View Full Version : Priest to practice on Wednesday

shaneo69
10-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Chiefs RB Holmes to begin practicing
Posted: Monday October 15, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Running back Priest Holmes, who hasn't played or practiced since October 2006, will begin practicing on Wednesday. Kansas City coach Herm Edwards did not rule out the possibility that he might play this week against Oakland.

The former Pro Bowler has been on the ineligible list and not able to practice since he unexpectedly reported to training camp in July.

Asked when Holmes, 34, might appear in a game, Edwards said, "We'll see."

The Chiefs coach said he did not know if there was a possibility the Chiefs (3-3) would activate their former team rushing champion in time for Sunday's game.

"I'd like to see him practice first. I'll be able to answer that Wednesday after practice or Thursday," Edwards said.

Holmes, who scored a then-NFL record 27 touchdowns in 2003, sustained neck and spinal injuries in a game at San Diego on Oct. 30, 2005, when he was hit by Shawne Merriman. He was placed on the physically unable to perform list and stayed there until he showed up at training camp in River Falls, Wis. According to NFL rules, he becomes eligible to practice this week.

The three-time Pro Bowler, who scored a then-NFL record 27 touchdowns in 2003, has been working out at the Chiefs facility and looks fit. After signing as a free agent in 2001, he set the Chiefs career rushing record with 5,933 yards.

His 2005 injury gave Larry Johnson his chance to start, and the disgruntled former first-round pick charged into stardom, rushing for more than 1,750 each of the past two seasons and being named to the Pro Bowl.

Edwards said he's been in almost daily contact with Holmes.

"We talk about where he's at, how he's doing, what we're thinking. We've communicated. He knows what I expect and I know where he's at right now. When I talked to him last week, he wanted to know if this (current week) was the week. I said, 'Is it?' He said, 'Yeah.' So I said, 'Let's go."'

Edwards agreed that Holmes, who played at 213 pounds, seemed fit.

"He feels very good. I haven't seen him practice, so we'll see. You've got to find a way to get him in the game. But we haven't seen him practice yet. You'll get a sense of that from how he does in practice. That's all you can go by. You get a feel for when it's time to get him in a game."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/10/15/chiefs.holmes.ap/index.html

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 06:52 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8383/returnje5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BigVE
10-15-2007, 06:53 PM
CBS Sunday morning had an interview with some dude who said that KC had contacted the league and said that Priest would be activated this week, would practice and they expect him to play this season. Forgot the guys name but he is an NFL big-wig that they interview and ask technical/rules questions each week during pre game.

kcxiv
10-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Priest!!!! Welcome back.

Vegas_Dave
10-15-2007, 07:01 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8383/returnje5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Was actually a decent book.

I love watching Priest run and cant wait to see if he can play again.

Crashride
10-15-2007, 07:01 PM
uh oh if he gets 20 carries doesnt hootie have to leave the planet

Mojo Rising
10-15-2007, 07:05 PM
I hope he plays Sunday. I will be at the game and would love to see his return!

Plus, maybe he would light a fire under LJ's moping a**.

Raiderhater
10-15-2007, 07:07 PM
I never expected to see Priest take the field again, and am still a tad skeptical that he will. However if he does I'll bust a nut his first time back in the endzone. Just once, that is all I want, is to see him cross that goal line with that pose one last time for old time's sake.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 07:08 PM
I would love nothing more than to make one last Priest highlight video. It would be incredible.

KcMizzou
10-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I never expected to see Priest take the field again, and am still a tad skeptical that he will. However if he does I'll bust a nut his first time back in the endzone. Just once, that is all I want, is to see him cross that goal line with that pose one last time for old time's sake.Yep, I don't see how anything bad can come of this.

Let's go, Priest! :)

StcChief
10-15-2007, 07:12 PM
I hope so.... his horrid (stop gap save Chiefs) love is getting really old.

FAX
10-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Great news.

I hope he makes it out alive.

FAX

mikey23545
10-15-2007, 07:15 PM
I'll be damned.

Hydrae
10-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Let Bennett sit on the bench inactive this week. :)

Simply Red
10-15-2007, 07:24 PM
May be a bit early to say:

But um, since, you know; Roaf is gone and all.

Well, how bout a screen-pass his first play back? Only not too much arch Huard. PLEASE! Don't get him killed.

StcChief
10-15-2007, 07:24 PM
yeah.... Priest let's see what you got. LJ motivation is important. the change of pace.... better than Bennett?

Easy 6
10-15-2007, 07:27 PM
This could get very interesting.

Larry, Priest & Kolby...i could certainly live with that.

Bennett still has the speed to kill, but he needs a hole 6 feet wide to do anything with it...he's maybe the most easily tackled RB in the NFL.

StcChief
10-15-2007, 07:30 PM
I like the Priest mystery at this point.... do the Faiders remember what he can do..... :hmmm:

Simply Red
10-15-2007, 07:41 PM
I like the Priest mystery at this point.... do the Faiders remember what he can do..... :hmmm:
Well ya know, you never know?

DFB
10-15-2007, 07:42 PM
My prediction, he practices but doesn't get officially activated or see game action until after the bye week vs. GB.

Including this week, that gives him 3 full weeks to fine tune everythng.

Book it.

BigVE
10-15-2007, 07:43 PM
This could get very interesting.

Larry, Priest & Kolby...i could certainly live with that.

Bennett still has the speed to kill, but he needs a hole 6 feet wide to do anything with it...he's maybe the most easily tackled RB in the NFL.

Michael Bennett is like the modern day version of Greg Hill.

StcChief
10-15-2007, 07:44 PM
My prediction, he practices but doesn't get officially activated or see game action until after the bye week vs. GB.

Including this week, that gives him 3 full weeks to fine tune everythng.

Book it.
that acually seems or likely..... hadn't really considered that unless Bennett pulls up lame (again)... excuse to do KU bar chick cruise.

FAX
10-15-2007, 07:45 PM
You know, I like Bennett. Especially on the outside runs, stretches, and screens. He's effective in space. Maybe that's why we're trying to trade him.

FAX

Chiefaholic
10-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Who did the Chiefs cut to make a roster spot for Holmes?

DFB
10-15-2007, 07:47 PM

No one yet. They won't have to make a spot until he's activated.

BigVE
10-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Bye bye Sippio???

alanm
10-15-2007, 07:51 PM
CBS Sunday morning had an interview with some dude who said that KC had contacted the league and said that Priest would be activated this week, would practice and they expect him to play this season. Forgot the guys name but he is an NFL big-wig that they interview and ask technical/rules questions each week during pre game.
Charlie Connelly.. Conorly? He used to be the Giants GM. Well respected around the league.

kcxiv
10-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Bye bye Sippio???
Kennison is hurt pretty bad. Sippio wont go anywhere just yet. Its going to be Bennet via trade or Kolby Smith.

Raiderhater
10-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Charlie Connelly.. Conorly? He used to be the Giants GM. Well respected around the league.

Casselly, I think.

StcChief
10-15-2007, 08:04 PM
likely Bennett....though Kolby Smith is a nice future for the right team.

Blindside58
10-15-2007, 08:20 PM

It was Charlie Casserly, former GM of the Houston Texans. you may know him as the the guy who got fired for drafting Mario Williams instead of Reggie Bush.

KcMizzou
10-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Kennison is hurt pretty bad. Sippio wont go anywhere just yet. Its going to be Bennet via trade or Kolby Smith.A hammy is a tough deal for a WR, especially an old one.

alanm
10-15-2007, 08:28 PM
It was Charlie Casserly, former GM of the Houston Texans. you may know him as the the guy who got fired for drafting Mario Williams instead of Reggie Bush.
He was the GM for the Redskins and not the Giants. Spent 23 yrs with them. I guess things didn't work out so well in Houston.

Bwana
10-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Outstanding! I wish him the best of luck. Perhaps it will light a fire under vag boys punk sorry ass. At least Priest will give it 100% which is about 50% more than we have seen out of the sandy vag.

Good Luck Priest, I hope you still have some gas in the tank!

ROYC75
10-15-2007, 09:02 PM
My daughter is going nuts,he is her favorite player.......

Good Luck Priest ..... I do hope youknow what you are doing and don't get hurt no more. This scares me....

FTR, I bet he doesn't do anymore high fly'n dives over a pile for a TD and takes a chance landing on that neck again.

Frazod
10-15-2007, 09:03 PM
A hammy is a tough deal for a WR, especially an old one.

Yeah, they never seem to go away. He's 100%, runs a couple of plays and BOOM there it goes again. I wouldn't be surprised if it dogs him all year.

Raiderhater
10-15-2007, 09:04 PM
My daughter is going nuts,he is her favorite player.......

Good Luck Priest ..... I do hope youknow what you are doing and don't get hurt no more. This scares me....

FTR, I bet he doesn't do anymore high fly'n dives over a pile for a TD and takes a chance landing on that neck again.

I bet he does.

jjchieffan
10-15-2007, 09:04 PM

He won't honor that. He already said so after Goatsex welched.

Bwana
10-15-2007, 09:08 PM
I bet he does.

Likewise.........Air Priest.

KcMizzou
10-15-2007, 09:10 PM
I bet he does.I think that's the only way Priest knows to play.

Kinda like Trent Green.

All or nothing.

kcxiv
10-15-2007, 09:11 PM
I think that's the only way Priest knows to play.

Kinda like Trent Green.

All or nothing.
yep.

ROYC75
10-15-2007, 09:26 PM
I bet he does.

Yur probally right, he's never been afraid of getting hurt before.....

boogblaster
10-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Hell yea ... GO PRIEST .....

melbar
10-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Tampa would love to have Bennett...Wonder what we could get?

stevieray
10-15-2007, 09:38 PM
he's gonna prove all the doubters wrong again.

KcMizzou
10-15-2007, 09:40 PM
he's gonna prove all the doubters wrong again.What a story it would be..... wow.

stevieray
10-15-2007, 09:55 PM
What a story it would be..... wow.

no kidding...tonight's special ...

...crow nachos.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 09:57 PM
What a story it would be..... wow.

It would be absolutely incredible. But a part of me is scared. I don't want Trent and Priest to go out on stretchers...

...hmmm...that sounds like a good article idea. :hmmm: :D

Iowanian
10-15-2007, 09:59 PM
I think Holmes coming back is the likely source of Lawrence Johnson's diaper rash.

stevieray
10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
I think Holmes coming back is the likely source of Lawrence Johnson's diaper rash.

:hmmm:

Iowanian
10-15-2007, 10:02 PM
It could also be the $100 bills LJ is wiping his ass with that contributes.....

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 10:02 PM

Wouldn't that make Larry play harder?

the Talking Can
10-15-2007, 10:26 PM

if LJ is that big of a baby then we are fugged....

TrebMaxx
10-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Priest coming back is a win, win situation. He either is productive or is a turd that we must flush. I am hoping that he still has something in the tank if for anything to get LJ refocused. As far as who to cut, that is easy, Turley. He can't stay healthy and isn't that productive when he is in. No other team will pick him up and if we really get thin on the o-line we could always bring him back.

wazu
10-15-2007, 11:55 PM
I would love nothing more than to make one last Priest highlight video. It would be incredible.

I've still got the "Superman" one on my desktop. I miss watching Priest Holmes play.

Demonpenz
10-15-2007, 11:58 PM
between the lines I priest is probably my favorite ever. Who knows what he is really like, but when i am drinking some meeeler lites i look over at the priest fathead and remember the sunday after sunday of priest marching ...TOTING the rock down the field and scoring at will. Go team priest

KcMizzou
10-16-2007, 12:04 AM
between the lines I priest is probably my favorite ever. Who knows what he is really like, but when i am drinking some meeeler lites i look over at the priest fathead and remember the sunday after sunday of priest marching ...TOTING the rock down the field and scoring at will. Go team priestAmen, brother.

Demonpenz
10-16-2007, 12:05 AM
anyway we can get t rich back? haha

KcMizzou
10-16-2007, 12:08 AM
anyway we can get t rich back? hahaI wish.

Demonpenz
10-16-2007, 12:11 AM
we should dig up all the old threads and the 100's of posts that said "Priest will never step onto a field again" He hasn't came back yet but a man can dream

Hammock Parties
10-16-2007, 12:12 AM
I've still got the "Superman" one on my desktop. I miss watching Priest Holmes play.

Oh man. I'm getting choked up just thinking about making it. I could intro with the clip of Gandalf returning from The Two Towers...segway into Priest's first TD run of 2007...que up another track from Superman....it would kick ass.

It would be so perfect. I could even call it SUPERMAN RETURNS. Maybe there's a clip from that movie I can use...god damn.

KcMizzou
10-16-2007, 12:13 AM
we should dig up all the old threads and the 100's of posts that said "Priest will never step onto a field again" He hasn't came back yet but a man can dreamHeheh, that's one dude you can never count out.

Demonpenz
10-16-2007, 12:16 AM
i have never been much of a holthus fan but i remember distinctly holthus calling priest a clown earlier this year. I was like yeah priest is a flake but come on. IT'S PRIEST MOTHER GRABBING HOLMES. THE DUDE RULED THE LEAGUE FOR 5 years.