PDA

View Full Version : WHITLOCK - Chiefs can’t spell team with LJ

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 09:40 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/318879.html

Chiefs can’t spell team with LJ

It’s too late now. Larry Johnson got his guaranteed millions, a hefty new contract that bought him the freedom to pout and behave selfishly at his own discretion.

He arrived at Sunday’s game in a black, chauffeured Maybach 62, one of the world’s 10 most expensive cars, priced at $350,000-plus, Mercedes Benz’s answer to the Rolls-Royce, a vehicle intended for mega-celebrities in major cities and the filthy rich.

We know now how Larry plans to handle his newfound wealth and responsibility — poorly.

We know now how he plans to repay the Kansas City football fans, teammates, coaches, front-office executives and representatives of the media who chose to overlook his immaturity and support him — he’s going to make us look like fools.

Sunday’s game with the Bengals was it for me. I’ve given up on Larry Johnson.

He is what he is — the guy who declined to pass-block in Dallas in 2005, the guy some Chiefs players swore would become a deadly locker-room cancer when armed with a huge signing bonus, the guy Dick Vermeil claimed wore diapers, the guy who spiked the ball for no reason with 4 minutes to play in Sunday’s game.

I could go on. We all have a Larry Johnson story. Remember when he stated on HBO that black players preferred playing for black coaches because they know what it’s like to be a young black athlete?

Yeah, I thought about that comment Sunday when the Chiefs were trying to climb into first place in the AFC West, the Bengals were trying to dig out of an AFC Central hole, and Larry Johnson was throwing the ball in anger and Cincinnati’s Chad Johnson was refusing to finish a pass route, which led to a critical interception.

Johnson and Johnson, two of the most selfish and buffoonish players in the NFL. I could see what’s happening in Cincinnati — Marvin Lewis has lost control of his football team because he and the organization tolerated Ocho Cinco’s bojanglery for too long — happening in Kansas City.

Herm Edwards is in the process of getting sold out by the running back who likes to pretend that he’s down for the cause.

Well, now we know what Larry’s cause is — Larry Johnson. All season he’s carried himself as if his 52 teammates don’t care about winning, as if the coaching staff wants to run for 10 yards, as if he could double as offensive coordinator.

Why not master the art of being a complete running back before demanding Mike Solari’s job? On Sunday Johnson had a careless goal-line fumble and whiffed on at least one pass block that got Damon Huard creamed.

No one threw a sideline tantrum or tried to show Larry up. His teammates moved on. They gave Larry respect. With each selfish act that respect is evaporating. His late-game spike of frustration cost the Chiefs 5 yards, stopped the game clock and could have easily cost the Chiefs the game.

His poisonous attitude is beginning to take root in the locker room. I blame cornerback Benny Sapp’s meltdown partially on Larry Johnson. When your highest-paid, highest-profile player is constantly brooding and acting unprofessionally in full public view, it’s not surprising when other players join in.

Look at the 1-4 Bengals and Marvin Lewis; they were darlings of the league just a couple of seasons ago. Everyone loved Chad Johnson’s look-at-me buffoonery, and Lewis pretended that Johnson’s antics had no impact on team chemistry. Locker-room disputes between Johnson and members of the Cincinnati coaching staff were all explained away as baseless rumors.

Does any of this sound familiar? Did Herm Edwards not open a postgame news conference this season explaining away the “frustrated emotions” of his players after an on-field tirade by Larry Johnson and Damon Huard and an alleged halftime locker-room tirade by several players?

At some point, Edwards and Carl Peterson are going to have to take a united stand against Johnson’s behavior. The Patriots and the Colts are the two best franchises in the league over the last five or six years. Yes, they’re blessed with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. But the organizations are also smothered in a team-first attitude.

Obviously, giving Johnson a huge contract was a mistake, one that I can’t blame Peterson for making. What do the Chiefs do from here?

The next time LJ acts up, I’d deactivate him for the following game. Sure, you risk alienating him, losing him mentally and emotionally. But that’s already taking place. Johnson has backed the Chiefs into a corner. Edwards and Peterson might as well fight back and gain respect from the 52 other players in the locker room.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 09:44 PM
The next time LJ acts up, I’d deactivate him for the following game.

Wow. I was harsh, Whitlock was four times harsher.

Well, I haven't given up on Larry Johnson. :harumph:

KcMizzou
10-15-2007, 09:44 PM
I can't say I disagree.

It sucks... but I think Whitlock's right.

Mr. Kotter
10-15-2007, 09:45 PM
JWhit: dead friggin' on....again. I'm gettin' tired of givin' the dude props, but he nails it.

100% dead fuggin' on. :banghead:

Larry needs to shed the GD diaper, afterall. D.V. was right. What a shame. LJ's dad needs to kick his ass. That may be the only thing that will wake LJ's silly ass up. :shake:

Frazod
10-15-2007, 09:49 PM
We should have traded this tool when we had the chance. :shake:

stevieray
10-15-2007, 09:52 PM
C'mon Priest....

Reerun_KC
10-15-2007, 09:53 PM
And we could of thrown in Goatse, Hootie and Horrid for free and still come out ahead on this deal.....

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 09:54 PM
All I have to say is between Whitlock and myself teaming up tonight, the damage control coming out of kcchiefs.com tomorrow is gonna be fun to read! ROFL

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
BTW, nice car, LJ:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9803/2895762lgkv1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5011/2895761lgws0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

KcMizzou
10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
All I have to say is between Whitlock and myself teaming up tonight, the damage control coming out of kcchiefs.com tomorrow is gonna be fun to read! ROFLWhile I support your writing efforts, I doubt they'll notice.

Whitlock, however, is a different story.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 09:58 PM
While I support your writing efforts, I doubt they'll notice.

Whitlock, however, is a different story.

The Chiefs read EVERYTHING.

Deberg_1990
His poisonous attitude is beginning to take root in the locker room. I blame cornerback Benny Sapp’s meltdown partially on Larry Johnson.

Oh come on.....thats a little much...

movinbones
He nailed it. Rich Gannon also nailed when he said LJ is always looking for the homerun and not putting his head down and just hitting the hole. Prime example was the 3rd and inches and he lost a yard trying to bounce to the outside versus moving the pile. The "great" ones find a way to convert on 3rd and short and around the goal line. The 1st 2 weeks he was getting hit as he took the hand off so you couldn't blame him for being pissed but he was falling down on first contact way to often against the Bengals.

cdcox
Wow. I was harsh, Whitlock was four times harsher.

Well, I haven't given up on Larry Johnson. :harumph:

He views the world as every one against him. And it's getting worse. I'm not sure what changes his direction.

suds79

Oh but a 1st rounder wasn't good enough.

We wanted a 1st and a 3rd. :banghead:

Mr. Kotter
10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
C'mon Priest....

With him practicing Wednesday now, wouldn't that be somethin'???

I mean, I don't expect anything big....but damn, wouldn't it just put LJ's whiney sniveling bitch ass in his place if Priest comes back and outshines I-didn't-do-that-Rap-boy?

I'd love for Priest to fill-in for Wonder-Dickless Boy, and get 100 yds...and give Herm a dilemma for next week.

ROFL

FTR, I do still think Larry has a chance to get it right, and grow the fugg up....but his act is wearing damn thin at this point.

Put up, or shut the fugg up. Period.

Zouk
10-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Whitlock would be much more convincing on this point if he wasn't encouraging LJ just a couple of weeks ago - saying his earlier outburst saved the Chiefs season by bringing the almighty evil genius Dick Curl to his knees.

What a clown Whitlock is - he changes his story every week.

KcMizzou
10-15-2007, 10:01 PM
He views the world as every one against him. And it's getting worse. I'm not sure what changes his direction.Being dumped as a cancer...

I have no doubt he'll change. I just don't think we can change him.

He's good enough to stay in the league no matter what. Something's gonna make him look in the mirror.

I just don't think there's anything we can do to make it happen, as long as he's on this team.

(Prove me wrong Larry... please?)

Buehler445
10-15-2007, 10:02 PM
I really don't know what to think about LJ. I was a huge advocate for signing the dude to an extension. And I don't think ALL of his problems are his fault. But I can't deny the man looks slow. He also looks unwilling to smoke somebody like he used to.

I don't know what the deal is. Maybe he is the Chiefs equivalent to Rick Vaughn in Major League II. I hate to see this happen because I LOVE to watch the man run. He is fuggin amazing, but this isn't what I'm used to seeing.

Snap out of it LJ. :banghead:

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Goatse, you claiming that you and Whitlock are teaming up, even if in jest, is about like a dude making a Hamburger in western Wyoming and claiming partial credit for the Nazi invasion of Poland.

ROYC75
10-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Damn Big Man, Right on, LJ is a baby .....

Deberg_1990
Being dumped as a cancer...

I have no doubt he'll change. I just don't think we can change him.

He's good enough to stay in the league no matter what. Something's gonna make him look in the mirror.

I just don't think there's anything we can do to make it happen, as long as he's on this team.

(Prove me wrong Larry... please?)

How many teams did TO and Moss go through before they became happy?? Hmmmmm

Hammock Parties
Goatse, you claiming that you and Whitlock are teaming up, even if in jest, is about like a dude making a Hamburger in western Wyoming and claiming partial credit for the Nazi invasion of Poland.

But...but...I was right next to him in training camp!

Mr. Kotter
10-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Whitlock would be much more convincing on this point if he wasn't encouraging LJ just a couple of weeks ago - saying his earlier outburst saved the Chiefs season by bringing the almighty evil genius Dick Curl to his knees.

What a clown Whitlock is - he changes his story every week.

No, you're wrong...IMO.

JWhit was right a couple of weeks ago; Solari and the coaching staff needed a wake-up call. And LJ wasn't alone then.

Now, LJ's continuing antics are childish and immature. He's made his point; now, shut the fugg up...and work for the team--not that individual glory bullshit which, apparently....is the only thing LJ is about.

I had hoped LJ had "outgrown" that; but apparently, he hasn't. What a shame. His dad needs to take his silly ass out to dinner for an old fashioned father-son talk....

....And if that don't work, ship his ass to the first team that will give us a first or second round pick for his whiney sniveling pathetic bitch ass. Preferably someplace like Buffalo, Green Bay, Detroit, or Atlanta. What a waste. :shake:

Hootie
10-15-2007, 10:13 PM
I think everyone is overreacting JUST a little...

Deberg_1990
10-15-2007, 10:14 PM
I think everyone is overreacting JUST a little...

Agreed

The media loves creating a good soap opera.

Rain Man
10-15-2007, 10:15 PM
I disagree with pretty much every sentence of that article. The grammar is good, though.

Buehler445
10-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Damn, LJ's car has a recliner in it?

Deberg_1990
10-15-2007, 10:18 PM
He arrived at Sunday’s game in a black, chauffeured Maybach 62, one of the world’s 10 most expensive cars, priced at $350,000-plus, Mercedes Benz’s answer to the Rolls-Royce, a vehicle intended for mega-celebrities in major cities and the filthy rich.

We know now how Larry plans to handle his newfound wealth and responsibility — poorly.

How come nobody complains about other billion dollar athletes when they roll up in their Bentleys like Shaq, TO, Moss, Garnett etc....

This whole column is just BS....and i actually like JW.

J Diddy
10-15-2007, 10:19 PM
But...but...I was right next to him in training camp!

surprised he didn't eat you

KcMizzou
I think everyone is overreacting JUST a little...That's very possible. LMAO

I'm sure Herm would agree.

Hammock Parties
How come nobody complains about other billion dollar athletes when they roll up in their Bentleys like Shaq, TO, Moss, Garnett etc....

I think he was just painting the picture of how LJ makes A LOT of money.

Hootie
Agreed

The media loves creating a good soap opera.
yeah he did something incredibly stupid at the end of the game
yeah he totally whiffed on a block
yeah he fumbled out of the end zone
yeah he might be a me first player

but really

it doesn't matter if a RB is me first...

Shaun Alexander, as some may recall, was LIVID Holmgrem didn't let him gain that 1 yard a few years back to make him the rushing leader for the season...

It's just how it is...

LJ, and I truly believe this, wants to win, and he wants his stats, too...but it's good to have a RB that wants good stats, right? I mean, at least that ensures he's going to run hard...

I really liked a lot of LJ's 3 yard runs yesterday...he finished his runs yesterday, he looked much better than he had been looking...and I'm not talking about the big gainers, I'm talking about the 2, 3 and 4 yard runs in the first half...

Hootie
10-15-2007, 10:20 PM
and let's not try and think Whitlock doesn't have a little personal vendetta against LJ, because he does...

He blamed the 2005 season on LJ, and then named him team MVP a few weeks later...

Whitlock just likes to stir the pot, we know this, I like jwhit, but he gets paid to stir things up, where JoPo gets paid to be a fanboy.

KcMizzou
10-15-2007, 10:21 PM

This whole column is just BS....and i actually like JW.It's the whole "He got his money, now he'll quit" thing.

That's the thing about LJ though... nobody can ever say he doesn't want to win.

He just needs to adjust his attitude, IMO. Any win's a good win... whether you personally have a good game or not.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Pssst.....Heres some news for ya Chiefs fans..

You better belive Gonzo and Priest are "me first" guys too. They just do a better job of hiding it. They dont wear their emotions on their sleeve.

suds79
10-15-2007, 10:24 PM

This whole column is just BS....and i actually like JW.

That's a solid point about his car. Who cares what he drives?

Hey all these guys have plenty of jack and they spend it on crazy cars, houses & women... Big deal.

Just bring the game on Sunday & be a good teammate. Unfortunately, Larry isn't doing either.

Mr. Kotter
10-15-2007, 10:24 PM

You better belive Gonzo and Priest are "me first" guys too. They just do a better job of hiding it. They dont wear their emotions on their sleeve.

Well, then....how big of a dumbshit does that make LJ that he, at least, couldn't "fake it" well enough to not come off ass a TOTAL whiney assed sniveling bitch ass punk??? He was shown the way...

Just bring the game on Sunday & be a good teammate. Unfortunately, Larry isn't doing either.

Exactly. :clap:

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 10:25 PM

Remember when Priest used to study film of defensive linemen and linebackers? He was inside every defenders head. I'm not saying TG and Priest aren't me-first guys, but if LJ ever did anything like that he could become an absolute BEAST.

tk13
10-15-2007, 10:26 PM

I think they are, but they aren't dumb about it. The only thing I don't like is when we win and LJ is mad and throws a fit because he didn't get his numbers. You'd never see Gonzo or Priest storm out of the locker room mad and not talk to reporters after a win like the San Diego game.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2007, 10:26 PM
but if LJ ever did anything like that he could become an absolute BEAST.

How do you know he never did?? Didnt you two used to sleep together??

stevieray
10-15-2007, 10:27 PM

psst, here's some news for you....it's called maturity.

banyon
10-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Remember when Priest used to study film of defensive linemen and linebackers? He was inside every defenders head. I'm not saying TG and Priest aren't me-first guys, but if LJ ever did anything like that he could become an absolute BEAST.

That kind of makes Chad Johnson more like Priest than LJ. He spends days watching film and even has a cot in thefilm room if he wants to stay overnight I heard. I think that's why he has stayed an elite WR in spite of his selfishness.

KcMizzou
10-15-2007, 10:28 PM
I think they are, but they aren't dumb about it. The only thing I don't like is when we win and LJ is mad and throws a fit because he didn't get his numbers. You'd never see Gonzo or Priest storm out of the locker room mad and not talk to reporters after a win like the San Diego game.Exactly. That's the difference.

Let's not kid ourselves... everyone wants theirs. You just learn how to handle it, and know that your time will come.

wazu
10-15-2007, 10:28 PM

I don't see those guys drawing foolish, childish penalties. I don't see them throwing tantrums on the field. I don't see them embarrass the organization by refusing to talk to press after games. I don't hear "f#ck Carl Peterson" songs coming out in their name. I've never heard anybody accuse either of them of being poisonous in the locker room.

If they don't do any of those things, and manage to fool us all while really being "me first" deep down, I really don't give a rat's ass.

KcMizzou
10-15-2007, 10:29 PM
psst, here's some news for you....it's called maturity.Bingo.

patteeu
10-15-2007, 10:30 PM
He nailed it. Rich Gannon also nailed when he said LJ is always looking for the homerun and not putting his head down and just hitting the hole. Prime example was the 3rd and inches and he lost a yard trying to bounce to the outside versus moving the pile. The "great" ones find a way to convert on 3rd and short and around the goal line. The 1st 2 weeks he was getting hit as he took the hand off so you couldn't blame him for being pissed but he was falling down on first contact way to often against the Bengals.

Amen. That 3rd and short play should be an embarrassment for any good back in the NFL. Leaping over the line would be great. Plowing into the pile with the intent of moving it would be wonderful. Even diving for an opening down low is acceptable. Anything but hesitating and waiting for the hole that may never open. :shake:

RJ
10-15-2007, 10:30 PM
I won't judge LJ on the missed blocks or spiking the ball or general childish behavior. None of that seems uncommon for a modern NFL superstar. But I gotta say, the chauffer driven 350k sedan makes him seem like a bit of a putz.

C'mon Lawrence, its one thing to have someone drive you around in the Benz while you're hitting the clubs on Friday night, but how about driving yourself to work on Sunday in the everyday car? I assume you can operate an automobile?

I wish I could admire LJ now the way I did Priest in his time.

cdcox
10-15-2007, 10:31 PM

I agree they are both me first guys.

But Gonzo and Priest both do the grunt work of blocking. And they do it well. I don't give a rat's ass if they like it or not, so long as they do it when needed.

I don't recall either of them committing a dumbass penalty over emotions.

LJ's me first attitude is hurting the team. You'd have a hard time making the same case for Gonzo and Priest.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Amen. That 3rd and short play should be an embarrassment for any good back in the NFL. Leaping over the line would be great. Plowing into the pile with the intent of moving it would be wonderful. Even diving for an opening down low is acceptable. Anything but hesitating and waiting for the hole that may never open. :shake:

If I recall, the third and short play wasn't even designed to go up the middle. The Chiefs called an off tackle play and it got blown up. LJ tried to make the most of it but there were too many defenders.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2007, 10:32 PM
psst, here's some news for you....it's called maturity.

I cant disagree with that. But i mentioned in another thread that every deals with adveristy in their own way. I think everybody is being a little harsh on him.

Its not like he went out and punched a couple of kids last night.

stevieray
10-15-2007, 10:33 PM
C'mon Lawrence, its one thing to have someone drive you around in the Benz while you're hitting the clubs on Friday night, but how about driving yourself to work on Sunday in the everyday car? I assume you can operate an automobile?

:clap:

the Talking Can
10-15-2007, 10:33 PM
All I have to say is between Whitlock and myself teaming up tonight, the damage control coming out of kcchiefs.com tomorrow is gonna be fun to read! ROFL

how does a shitty, anonymous "writer" like yourself get such a large head?

do you think ESPN will come calling if you just suck a little harder on Nick's pickle?

how about you spare all us non-premium members your sad delusions of grandeur, thanks...

Zouk
10-15-2007, 10:34 PM
and let's not try and think Whitlock doesn't have a little personal vendetta against LJ, because he does...

He blamed the 2005 season on LJ, and then named him team MVP a few weeks later...

Whitlock just likes to stir the pot, we know this, I like jwhit, but he gets paid to stir things up, where JoPo gets paid to be a fanboy.

Whitlock allowed his column to be half-written by Larry, his agent, and his dad a couple of times within the last year. It was like a paid advertisement for the Larry Johnson contract negotiation team.

HolmeZz
10-15-2007, 10:34 PM
I disagree with pretty much every sentence of that article. The grammar is good, though.

I'm not sure. Can we get an official spellcheck on 'bojanglery'?

KcMizzou
10-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Since the penalty on LJ has been brought up, did anyone else think that was kinda ticky-tack BS?

He didn't even spike it. It was more like he just tossed the ball out of frustration.

Either way, I doubt it'll happen again this season.

patteeu
10-15-2007, 10:36 PM

The only thing I worry about is whether or not LJ is creating a rift between himself and his teammates, particularly his offensive linemen. I don't think Gonzo or Priest ever had that problem (although I could be wrong).

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Since the penalty on LJ has been brought up, did anyone else think that was kinda ticky-tack BS?

He didn't even spike it. It was more like he just tossed the ball out of frustration.

Surtain did the same thing the week before...you can't even throw it away, let alone spike it. I don't think it was ticky tack at all.

stevieray
10-15-2007, 10:37 PM
I cant disagree with that. But i mentioned in another thread that every deals with adveristy in their own way. I think everybody is being a little harsh on him.

Its not like he went out and punched a couple of kids last night.

sorry, football is the ultimate team sport, his actions affected the team and the game.

he's got all the time in the world to be LcoolJ, I don't think it's too much to ask to be whats on your helmet for sixty minutes on gameday.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2007, 10:38 PM

Yea, i kinda thought the same thing. The only shot i saw of it was a close up. I didnt see a wide shot.

But either way, im not going to argue about it since the refs had alot better view than me.

KcMizzou
10-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Surtain did the same thing the week before...you can't even throw it away, let alone spike it. I don't think it was ticky tack at all.I know it's a new rule, but damn.. that's harsh.

I guess the guys will have to learn to live with it.

I think it's a bit silly.

cdcox
10-15-2007, 10:39 PM

They've been calling it that way all season.

If he cleans up his act, I won't say another word, but the blocking thing has been going on for 3 seasons now. He has no problem beeing physical when he has the ball in his hand. I just don't get his reluctance to pass block.

patteeu
10-15-2007, 10:39 PM
If I recall, the third and short play wasn't even designed to go up the middle. The Chiefs called an off tackle play and it got blown up. LJ tried to make the most of it but there were too many defenders.

You're right that it wasn't up the middle, but it wasn't a sweep either. I think selling out for the half yard is the right approach in that situation even for an off-tackle play. I didn't see him trying to make the most of it, but I'm sure that would be his story.

KcMizzou
10-15-2007, 10:40 PM

If he cleans up his act, I won't say another word, but the blocking thing has been going on for 3 seasons now. He has no problem beeing physical when he has the ball in his hand. I just don't get his reluctance to pass block.I don't disagree with that at all.

LJ needs to realize he's a football player, not just a running back.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 10:41 PM

If he cleans up his act, I won't say another word, but the blocking thing has been going on for 3 seasons now. He has no problem beeing physical when he has the ball in his hand. I just don't get his reluctance to pass block.

I don't think he's reluctant. I just don't think he works hard enough at it during the week. He really needs to dedicate himself. He worked hard to become a better pass receiver this year and it shows - he hasn't dropped anything.

Mr. Kotter
10-15-2007, 10:42 PM
I don't think he's reluctant. I just don't think he works hard enough at it during the week. He really needs to dedicate himself. He worked hard to become a better pass receiver this year and it shows - he hasn't dropped anything.

Bullshit.

He IS better; but he's dropped a couple I can recall off the top of my head...especially in the first 2-3 games.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Bullshit.

He IS better; but he's dropped a couple I can recall off the top of my head...especially in the first 2-3 games.

I haven't seen him drop one pass, and I've been watching closely.

The only passes that have fallen to the ground were throwaways on busted screens by Huard.

He "dropped" one this last game, but it was intentional as the screen was already blown up and he was surrounded.

He also made a one-handed catch in the Chicago game and made a very nice stretching grab yesterday.

Mr. Kotter
10-15-2007, 10:45 PM
I haven't seen him drop one pass, and I've been watching closely.

The only passes that have fallen to the ground were throwaways on busted screens by Huard.

He "dropped" one this last game, but it was intentional as the screen was already blown up and he was surrounded.

He also made a one-handed catch in the Chicago game and made a very nice stretching grab yesterday.

That's not the way I recall it.

cdcox
10-15-2007, 10:45 PM

Fine, he shows a reluctance to work hard enough on it during the week.

Like I say, it has been a known issue since it cost us a game and probably a playoff spot in 2005. What better thing does he have to do? He wasn't the only one that made mistakes in that game, but if he pancakes Fujita, I think we win that game.

Thig Lyfe
10-15-2007, 10:46 PM
I think his point is that only players with T, E, A or M in their initials should stay on the team.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 10:48 PM
That's not the way I recall it.

I don't remember a dropped pass, that's all I'm saying...find someone bitching about it in a game thread...

Deberg_1990
10-15-2007, 10:48 PM
it has been a known issue since it cost us a game and probably a playoff spot in 2005.

I think the defense cost us a playoff spot in 05. or lack thereof....

Tiger's Fan
10-15-2007, 11:05 PM
So this is what it's like when animals eat thier young...

RedThat
10-16-2007, 01:28 AM
I don't like LJ's attitude. Im with Whitlock, I've somewhat given up on the guy myself too. And to be honest with you guys, count me in as one of those guys that was on "sign him to contract extension" bandwagon. But I take it back, we shoulda traded his ass. It woulda worked out for the better.

Ever since he got here, his attitude has been questionable.

From the whining and complaining that he wanted to play when Vermeil was here without earning the job. Vermeil knew LJ was a baby. I give Vermeil credit for that. I wish Carl woulda listened to Vermeil in the draft and took a defensive player that year like Polamalu. We woulda been so much better off. Instead of having to put up with this BS. This is BS, and it is going to continue. Even the comment that black athletes prefer to play for black coaches because they know what it is like to be a young black athlete is another question mark about his attitude.

I have a feeling that the only reason I think he played well before was because he was trying to prove something to Vermeil. Why did he play so well last season? Could it be because he wanted a new contract? Then he makes a rap about it, and says bad things about the Chiefs? And I believe it was him who rapped the song. He denied it, but I think he's full of it. So, he gets a new contract, and is playing like a panzy with a piss poor attitude? His blocking skills suck, always has, and probably always will? Screw him!! He's a punk ass!! He's selfish, and he is bringing the team down. You can see it.

Players like this don't help you win Superbowls. Players like this become a distraction to team morale and chemistry. Players like this don't keep teams together but rather destroy teams. This guy is disrupting the team morale. The only time he plays good is when it seems he needs a fire lit up his ass.

*I don't like LJ. And people we're laughing and making jokes about Priest attempting to come back? Please. I am happy Priest is coming back, and you know something? I hope Priest kicks ass. I am seriously going to root for the guy with all my heart because his attitude is 25x, 30, and even 50x better than LJ's. Difference between Priest and LJ is simple, Priest is not a quitter, LJ probably is. LJ is not even half the man Priest is, or even a mere quarter? And we know Priest can block too.

*GO PRIEST!!!

Hammock Parties
10-16-2007, 01:35 AM
LJ is not even half the man Priest is, or even a mere quarter?

Well, at least LJ doesn't spread his seed with impunity...

HemiEd
10-16-2007, 01:40 AM

Yep, it was obvious then and more so now. Welcome back Priest.

MaxFects
10-16-2007, 01:42 AM
Id rather see frustration then a coke and a smile after a bad play like trent green. I doubt he spikes it again.

hawkchief
10-16-2007, 03:29 AM
Carl and the Chiefs are getting their just desserts by signing the known Cancer. They had a great chance to trade him for a couple of first-day picks, and didn't.

LJ's act is predictable, and I fully expect him sulking for a trade the rest of the season. He's the type of loser that will fumble on purpose, if necessary, to get his trade. He's been a low-character guy since he got here, and Carl made him the face of the franchsie. Nice work again, Carl! Congratulations.

Silock
10-16-2007, 03:35 AM
They had a great chance to trade him for a couple of first-day picks, and didn't.

Proof?

HonestChieffan
10-16-2007, 05:25 AM
JW had a great day when he wrote this. Lil Larry and his traveling RoadRage Show should be sent packing.

Bob Dole
10-16-2007, 05:39 AM
What happened to the young man who spoke in interviews about sitting with his father, watching all the great old backs on film?

Bob Dole wonders if he saw this sort of behavior in those players.

FAX
10-16-2007, 06:23 AM
I blame all of this on the loss of our kidney.

FAX

Bob Dole
10-16-2007, 06:28 AM
I blame all of this on the loss of our kidney.

FAX

The subsequent bathtub full of ice was prettty much a buzz kill. too.

Simply Red
10-16-2007, 06:36 AM
I don't agree with LJ throwing/spiking the ball pouting over lack O blocking. But this is sensationalized a bit. IMO. He can like Jay Z and rap and not love dem hos. Just run mad! That's all we really care about.

FAX
10-16-2007, 06:38 AM
The subsequent bathtub full of ice was prettty much a buzz kill. too.

Agreed. Honestly, Mr. Bob Dole, things began to deteriorate when Carl decided we didn't need TRich on our team anymore. Not only could he open up running lanes, it was common knowledge that TR was a calming influence on our bouncing baby feature back.

In retrospect that was a bad move. Kind of like the corduroy bell bottom.

FAX

bkkcoh
10-16-2007, 06:43 AM
http://www.automotoportal.com/media/images/vijesti/060711010.5.jpg

The Maybach 62 includes many luxury features such as fully-reclining rear seats, Maybach 4 zone climate control, tinted, infrared-reflecting laminated glass all round, AirMATIC dual control air suspension, display instruments in rear roof liner (showing speed, time and outside temperature), folding rear tables (left and right), BOSE Surround Everywhere sound system and a refrigerator compartment.[1] The Maybach 62 also includes an array of additional features such as Cockpit Management and Navigation System (COMAND), which includes DVD navigation, CD changer in rear seats, DVD players and TV tuners front and rear, two rear LCD TV screens including remote control and two sets of headphones, automatic closing doors.

Even though the Maybach 62 has all these features included, optional extras are available. Some of these optional extras include a panoramic glass sun roof at a cost of $11,670 and an external communication system, which includes a loudspeaker and microphone system which allows the occupant in the rear of the Maybach to talk and listen to the people outside the car. This option comes at a cost of $1,780. A further option for the Maybach is a retractable electrotransparent partition screen between the driver and the rear occupants, at $23,780. The most expensive option for the Maybach is a high protection GUARD B4 Package which costs $151,810.

HonestChieffan
10-16-2007, 06:51 AM
the role of the underlife and stadium location has a lot to do with the magnet reflection as well.

Hammock Parties
10-16-2007, 07:31 AM
An external communication system, which includes a loudspeaker and microphone system which allows the occupant in the rear of the Maybach to talk and listen to the people outside the car. This option comes at a cost of $1,780

Hey, I can afford that! Larry, you clean up your act and it's my treat! Promise! :D

BigRedChief
10-16-2007, 08:01 AM
The Chiefs read EVERYTHING.
No chit. They read this board.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2007, 08:09 AM
No chit. They read this board.

isnt this the board where Gunther found out he was fired??

BigRedChief
10-16-2007, 08:12 AM
isnt this the board where Gunther found out he was fired??I know that members of the Chiefs froint office and current and past players and the local reporters visit the Planet and Chiefs Coalition. Most to see whats up, get a feel for what the fans are thinking.

So GoChiefs isn't really bragging when he says the Chiefs read his stuff. It's not really him they are reading its just keeping in touch with what your customers are thinking.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2007, 08:22 AM
I know that members of the Chiefs froint office and current and past players and the local reporters visit the Planet and Chiefs Coalition. Most to see whats up, get a feel for what the fans are thinking.

So GoChiefs isn't really bragging when he says the Chiefs read his stuff. It's not really him they are reading its just keeping in touch with what your customers are thinking.

Oh i know JW lurks on here. Hes even posted a few times. "Bigsexy" i think??

Your right, it would make sense for the Chiefs front office to look at some of the stuff thats out there on occasion.

Kerberos
10-16-2007, 08:28 AM

"JWhit" is what he posts under once in a while IIRC.

Fat Elvis
10-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Agreed. Honestly, Mr. Bob Dole, things began to deteriorate when Carl decided we didn't need TRich on our team anymore. Not only could he open up running lanes, it was common knowledge that TR was a calming influence on our bouncing baby feature back.

In retrospect that was a bad move. Kind of like the corduroy bell bottom.

FAX

Ahem. The corduroy bell bottom was not a bad move. Underappreciated, but not a bad move.

bkkcoh
10-16-2007, 08:43 AM
"JWhit" is what he posts under once in a while IIRC.
Link (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?searchid=178786)

Simply Red
10-16-2007, 08:45 AM

Your right, it would make sense for the Chiefs front office to look at some of the stuff thats out there on occasion.
yep. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=188272#post188272

jwhit
10-16-2007, 08:47 AM
i love the planet. visit here every day, or most days.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2007, 08:48 AM

Hey JW! I knew you were out there!

BTW, i like most of your stuff, however this story was total BS.....

Simply Red
10-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Dang so is it jwhit er Big Sexy?

bobbything
10-16-2007, 08:59 AM

He didn't really spike it. He did toss it, but it was clearly out of disgust, right in front of the official, and it bounced out of bounds about 10 yards away. Right when he did that, I was thinking, "Shit. What a moron." Then, two flags immediately came out.

That's the kind of crap that pisses me off to no end. Get upset. Yell, scream, whatever. Don't start throwing the football in disgust right in front of an official.

And, FWIW, I think the penalty is just.

Kerberos
10-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Link (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?searchid=178786)

Link leads to a not found error?

FAX
10-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Ahem. The corduroy bell bottom was not a bad move. Underappreciated, but not a bad move.

I'm going to leave this issue up to Mr. jwhit to decide. So far as I can tell, the corduroy bell bottom was an advantage only to those individuals with enormous cankles, Mr. Fat Elvis.

FAX

bkkcoh
10-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Link leads to a not found error?

huskerdooz
10-16-2007, 09:13 AM
....And if that don't work, ship his ass to the first team that will give us a first or second round pick for his whiney sniveling pathetic bitch ass. Preferably someplace like Buffalo, Green Bay, Detroit, or Atlanta. What a waste. :shake:

Not gonna happen with 27 mil guaranteed.

FringeNC
10-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Signing LJ to a long-term contract was a mistake for several reasons:

1) How many SB contenders invest heavily in franchise RBs?
2) Even when not a locker room cancer, LJ is not a complete back -- his lack of passing blocking skills make him a liability in the passing game.
3) He doesn't seem to be a team player.

I rank those in order of importance. You don't build a team around a running back -- you build a team around around a QB, LT, and pass-rushing defensive ends. The guy on the team that is irreplaceable is not LJ, it's Jared Allen.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Pretty hilarious that DV gets vindication for his comments regarding LJ.

LJ is a very good back, but he could be one the great backs of the NFL if he could some how strive to be a player of good character and attitude. He does not have to go that far to get an example of this.

Priest sets a good example.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Pretty hilarious that DV gets vindication for his comments regarding LJ.

True. DV knew something about LJ from the minute he walked into Chiefs camp in 2003 ill bet.

StcChief
10-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Signing LJ to a long-term contract was a mistake for several reasons:

1) How many SB contenders invest heavily in franchise RBs?
2) Even when not a locker room cancer, LJ is not a complete back -- his lack of passing blocking skills make him a liability in the passing game.
3) He doesn't seem to be a team player.

I rank those in order of importance. You don't build a team around a running back -- you build a team around around a QB, LT, and pass-rushing defensive ends. The guy on the team that is irreplaceable is not LJ, it's Jared Allen.

THE Chiefs screwed the pooch when they didn't include guaranteed money to include becoming that compelete back - blocking/ catching.

not a cancer.

FAX
10-16-2007, 09:50 AM
You never saw DV in corduroy bell bottoms.

FAX

Brock
10-16-2007, 09:51 AM

Stolen any material lately, you fat pig?

Rausch
10-16-2007, 09:55 AM
So he misses a block and spiked a football and now he's a team cancer?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

The cancer is the 1/2 of our offensive line that refuses to block worth a $#it...

Chief Henry
10-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Nice article Jason. Only a black reporter could have written that and gotten by with it. Lary johnson can not pull out the race card against Jason on this.

You nailed it Jason. Good one.

Mr. Laz
10-16-2007, 10:17 AM
but then again ... how much to do actually pay attention to football?

Mr. Laz
10-16-2007, 10:18 AM

The cancer is the 1/2 of our offensive line that refuses to block worth a $#it...
actually those 2 things are only the latest issues to pop up.

RedThat
10-16-2007, 10:25 AM

The spiked football is an example of poor sportsmanlike in a player.

You can't do that. It hurts your team. That's not the main reason he's called out as a team cancer? Just look at his overall attitude. The guys a punk ass who needs to grow up. Vermeil was right he has to change his diapers and do it fast or else he is going to hurt this team.

We need him to step up and change his attitude, or else this team is going downhill fast. The running game sucks yes because 1/2 the line is not blocking well, but LJ isn't even nearly running as hard, he quits on plays. That's terrible. You can't have that from your best player.

Why is LJ looking so down all the time? Why does he make a bad rap about his team that he wants the money? Why did he whine and complain to Vermeil that he wanted to play without earning the rock?

I think I figured it all out, it's because he wants things done his own way.

LJ=selfish

*That's a poison to team morale and kills teams. We shoulda traded his ass

Deberg_1990
10-16-2007, 10:26 AM
The spiked football is an example of poor sportsmanlike in a player.

You can't do that. It hurts your team. That's not the main reason he's called out as a team cancer? Just look at his overall attitude. The guys a punk ass who needs to grow up. Vermeil was right he has to change his diapers and do it fast or else he is going to hurt this team.

We need him to step up and change his attitude, or else this team is going downhill fast. The running game sucks yes because 1/2 the line is not blocking well, but LJ isn't even nearly running as hard, he quits on plays. That's terrible. You can't have that from your best player.

Why is LJ looking so down all the time? Why does he make a bad rap about his team that he wants the money? Why did he whine and complain to Vermeil that he wanted to play without earning the rock?

I think I figured it all out, it's because he wants things done his own way.

LJ=selfish

*That's a poison to team morale and kills teams. We shoulda traded his ass

You act like he raped your sister. Get a grip. This team cancer stuff is waaaay overblown..

RedThat
10-16-2007, 10:28 AM
You act like he raped your sister. Get a grip. This team cancer stuff is waaaay overblown..

ROFL

Im just using examples of how the guy is bad to the team. And it's true. We're seeing it with our very own eyes.

Kerberos
10-16-2007, 10:44 AM

That's a little harsh don't ya think?

You don't have to like the guy, his writing or his waist size but that is a little overboard IMO.

Direckshun
10-16-2007, 10:47 AM
BOJANGLERY

Brock
10-16-2007, 10:50 AM

You don't have to like the guy, his writing or his waist size but that is a little overboard IMO.

Who are you and why should I care?

Simply Red
10-16-2007, 10:51 AM

Brock is harsh. He always has been. It's always been his trademark. Harshness is welcomed here. I'm not usually harsh, but hey, to each their own. :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2007, 10:52 AM

I don't think jwhit is Taco John LMAO

Kerberos
10-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Who are you and why should I care?

Just making an observation. No harm no foul.

If that is your style then rock on...call'em as you see'em!

Kerberos
10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
I don't think jwhit is Taco John LMAO

Have you noticed TJ hasn't been around much at all since denver has taken the huge nosedive this season?

Seems like he used to come around when Denver was doing really well and talk smack......

Then he is the FIRST one to call anyone going into the OM for any reason a TROLL for doing the same thing.

HE I agree is a F***ing Pig.

vailpass
10-16-2007, 11:41 AM
At least LJ can pass a drug test.

Micjones
10-16-2007, 11:44 AM
We know how Johnson's going to handle newfound wealth because he spent 2% of the 19 million dollar contract he was just given by the organization? Come on J-Dub.

Johnson's becoming a nuisance, but he's not comparable to your Terrell Owens types. Not yet.

I'm not a Johnson apologist. In fact, I'm quite the opposite. I was one of the first people to notice his attitude problem when everyone else in Chiefs Kingdom was fawning over the kid.

I said "lookout" back when he publicly told Eric Hicks they could finish a fight in practice 'on the street'.

We should stash the kid gloves and break Larry Johnson, but to pretend that he just became the bane of the NFL by spiking the football (albeit at a critical time in Sunday's game) is being a bit disingenuous.

Bwana
10-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Good read and right on the money.

bringbackmarty
10-16-2007, 12:07 PM
there is no team in lj, there is no loser in bowe.

wow, I'm good.http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4297094#post4297094

Paniero
10-16-2007, 02:18 PM
I've always admired Priest Holmes and been thankful that the Chiefs had him.

I've rarely been impressed with LJ aside from a few occasions, and his off duty persona is now interfering with his on-field performance.

Remember HBO Hard Knocks? They intro'd LJ at a dinner as the best RB in the NFL. My wife and I laughed for the remainder of the show.

He's above average, but not the best. I hope Priest proves everyone wrong and comes back for a year or two to impose some sense of respect in our backfield.

By the way, LJ, if you read this, you're a piece of shit and you aren't a New Yorker. Shape up.

bringbackmarty
10-16-2007, 04:25 PM

he doesnt just lurk, he steals ideas for stories.

Halfcan
10-16-2007, 04:44 PM
I want to give JW his rep for that one. I could not have said it better.

Man up Lj- and quit being such a fuggin pussy!

Halfcan
10-16-2007, 04:44 PM
he doesnt just lurk, he steals ideas for stories.

yep I have been copied many times :)

go bo
10-16-2007, 05:15 PM
you guys are too harsh with your criticism of larry...

personally, i wouldn't care if lj shit on herm's desk and pissed all over the press corp, as long as he's gaining 100 yards a game...

a little pass blocking would be nice, but he's still one of the best runners the chiefs have ever had...

fixing the o-line's poor run blocking problems would be even nicer...

in the end, he's paid to run with the ball, and he does it very well when the o-line blocks for him...

i just can't understand why we are in such a hurry to give away the best runner i have ever seen wearing a chiefs uniform...

we know what we have in larry and he's worth a lot more than a first and third draft pick...

i wouldn't trade him for two 1st round picks...

Halfcan
10-16-2007, 05:18 PM
I would trade LJ for 2 first rounders-in a heartbeat.

Pack up your diaper bag bitch!!!