PDA

View Full Version : Dante Culpepper

Direckshun
10-17-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm sorry. I know Oakland's offense isn't exactly fear-inducing, but it has talent, and it has Dante Culpepper. Culpepper has always had a set of skills that's spelled insane trouble for the Chiefs in the past. He's mobile (I don't care if he's lost a step -- he's still very mobile), he's hard to bring down, he has great vision and a killer instinct.

He's not a great passer but he's got pretty good receivers in Oakland.

Trash talking aside, this is going to be a very tough win for the Chiefs, if it's a win at all. And if we don't, Culpepper's going to be the reason.

Thoughts?

Hammock Parties
10-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Have you watched the Raiders at all this year?

Culpepper is pathetic. Their passing offense stinks. They've run the football on a bunch of horrible run defenses this year, but last week their "great running offense" was exposed.

If our defense is worth two shits they won't score 17 on Sunday.

Direckshun
10-17-2007, 07:04 PM
I watched the Raiders against the Dolphins.

I know. Dolphins aren't good. But Culpepper looked very fast -- and it wasn't because the defenders were slow. He looked very fast, and he had just this killer instinct about him all game. He knew exactly when to tuck the ball and gun it, and every time he gained yards.

Not to mention he absolutely torched us as a Viking four years ago.

BWillie
10-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Dante Culpepper > Damon Huard

Hammock Parties
10-17-2007, 07:06 PM
I watched the Raiders against the Dolphins.

I know. Dolphins aren't good. But Culpepper looked very fast -- and it wasn't because the defenders were slow. He looked very fast, and he had just this killer instinct about him all game. He knew exactly when to tuck the ball and gun it, and every time he gained yards.

Not to mention he absolutely torched us as a Viking four years ago.

What he did with Randy Moss is irrelevant.

I watched Culpepper and wasn't impressed as I saw him waddling around desperately last week. If you ask me we should easily get five or six sacks. I'm expecting total domination by our defense and anything less will be a disappointment. This is a CRAPPY offense.

BWillie
10-17-2007, 07:07 PM

I watched Culpepper and wasn't impressed as I saw him waddling around desperately last week. If you ask me we should easily get five or six sacks. I'm expecting total domination by our defense and anything less will be a disappointment. This is a CRAPPY offense.

The year he had like 39 TD passes and threw for a billion of yards Randy Moss was hurt about half of the year.

TinyEvel
10-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Have you watched the Raiders at all this year?

... they won't score 17 on Sunday.

Yeah, well, I just hope WE do.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2007, 07:08 PM
culpepper sucks balls man. He has never been any good without randy moss. NEVER!! The guy is an interception machine

Hammock Parties
10-17-2007, 07:09 PM
The year he had like 39 TD passes and threw for a billion of yards Randy Moss was hurt about half of the year.

He sucks, man. Seriously. Complete garbage. Their passing offense is a joke. I'm insulted by the fact that you and Direckshun are giving him respect. It's pissing me off.

Direckshun
10-17-2007, 07:10 PM

Well the thing we have going for us is their OL. It's retooled but it's still lined with tools.

We should be able to put lots of pressure on Culpepper.

Thing is, Culpepper's a seasoned pro that handles pressure well. He's strong and tough to bring down, he's got great vision, and he's fast enough to elude the Turk McBrides and Tamba Halis out there.

San Diego wreaked havoc on him because their interior line got push against the OL, caving the pocket in on Culpepper. It takes your entire DL to sack Culpepper, and that's exactly what the Chiefs are going to need to be successful.

chop
10-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I have three QB's on one of my fantasy football teams. Two are on bye this week. My third is Culpepper.

BWillie
10-17-2007, 07:13 PM
He sucks, man. Seriously. Complete garbage. Their passing offense is a joke. I'm insulted by the fact that you and Direckshun are giving him respect. It's pissing me off.

Career passer rating leaders at the start of this season.

1 Steve Young*
2 Peyton Manning
3 Kurt Warner
4 Joe Montana*
5 Marc Bulger
6 Daunte Culpepper
7 Chad Pennington
8 Tom Brady
9 Drew Brees
10 Trent Green
11 Jeff Garcia
12 Dan Marino*
13 Donovan McNabb
14 Matt Hasselbeck
15 Brett Favre
16 Rich Gannon
17 Brian Griese
18 Jim Kelly*
19 Mark Brunell
20 Jake Delhomme
21 Roger Staubach*
22 Steve McNair
23 Brad Johnson
24 Neil Lomax
25 Sonny Jurgensen*

Pneuma
10-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Cullpepper is known for not being able to read coverages very well. I don't think he is going to do very good against us this week. Tamba and Jarred should be able to contain him in the pocket.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Can we stop Jordan and their running game?

BWillie
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_IOqjQVi-3w"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_IOqjQVi-3w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Deberg_1990
Oh come on.....hes no worse than Damon Huard is he? :)

HolmeZz
Culpepper's washed up. He's lost a lot more than just a step. He ain't outrunning our ends or linebackers, that's for sure.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Let's see what Raider fans think about Daunte Culpepper:

Walter can not be worse than Culpepper or McCown. Give Walter a shot at being this veteran that's going to lead the way for Russell. After all, we're giving Culpepper a shot, and it's obvious he sucks.

Daunte tries to do too much , and a lot of the time instead of making the smart play by either checking down to a back or throwing the ball away , he holds on to the rock too long , tries to scramble , or throws the ball in tight spaces......

All high risk plays which lead to turnovers.....

Not too mention he has a hard time holding on to the ball

Mccown on the other hand is conservative and will take what the defense gives him.....

And, Culpepper even overthrew Curry on that pass that got us to the goal line. Curry had to extend to catch that, and barely did catch it. That combined with everything else Culpepper has done to stink up the stadium calls for one thing and one thing only: Give him his bus ticket, and put either Walter or Russell in, yesterday. Culpepper is dog SHIT!!!

I have toagree with him. pep looks horrible he throws are not even close to the WR. I remenber watching him with no pressure throwing 7 yards to his right and hitting 2 yards b4 Porters feet and this isn't like that was his only horrible pass. I can go on and on but I guess ill just move on

what is it that make scpepp so attractive to some of you? Aside from 3 rushing td's against miami he has not impressed me at all. I serioulsy dont think that he is a huge upgrade over mccown at this point. He hasnt been very accurate and imo he is less mobile that what mccown is. he holds onto the ball to long and just makes some puzzling decisions at times in general. Im not trying to make this a pro mccown thread but i just would like to know what makes cpepp so much more attractive than mccown at this point?

We have to stick with daunte he had extra zip on all those passes he threw at the receivers feet and 5 feet behind them.Be careful what you wish for,anyone who thinks he is a pro bowl QB hasnt watched football in 5 years or so.This is a 5-6 win team at best but we are way ahead of last year so just admit it we are rebuilding and it takes time

Daunte McCown, meet the Raider Nation.

No difference, whatsoever, between McCown and Culpepper. Both are idiots simply incapable of making common sense decisions when under pressure. Sure, Culpepper has the arm. But he doesn't have the brain. McCown doesn't have either.

Andrew Walter must be our starter. He IS, in all of his 3 seasons, our veteran to set up Russell. There is nobody more qualified, and it's been shown at this point. Please stop bringing up Culpepper's performance against Miami, because it was an incomplete. It was astute, but it rested on the back of our running game. Today, when the spotlight was on him, he stunk up the joint. And, it's not our mere losing or being behind that was problematic with him. It was his decision making. Just one bonehead decision after another, with two of them, for all intents and purposes, being fatal ones at the end of the second half, because we never rebounded after that.

On the goal line, people. And we end up with zilch. I don't think even McCown could have f'd that up.

Give Culpepper his bus ticket. And make sure someone can show the idiot how to get on the bus.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2007, 07:33 PM
What about their running game though, GC? Last I saw them their oline was pretty good. Can we stop em'?

Hammock Parties
10-17-2007, 07:39 PM
What about their running game though, GC? Last I saw them their oline was pretty good. Can we stop em'?

Their offensive line isn't that good. They've racked up mad rushing yards because they played Miami, Denver and Cleveland, who all have PITIFUL run defenses. They were mediocre against a medicore run defense and got stuffed last week in San Diego.

I think our defense will generate so many turnovers, our offense will be able to get a 14+ point lead on them. At that point they'll have to abandon the run. That's the way I see it playing out anyway. Their run defense sucks balls, too.

The only guys that scare me are those two linebackers of theirs. They have seven interceptions combined.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2007, 07:44 PM
The only guys that scare me are those two linebackers of theirs. They have seven interceptions combined.

Hopefully in film session they've taken note of that. Those two are good.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Hopefully in film session they've taken note of that. Those two are good.

Well, I like Huard obviously, but he's fit some passes into tight windows this year. I can see them swooping in to grab those short passes we throw to Gonzo.

Hope we can run the ball.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Well, I like Huard obviously, but he's fit some passes into tight windows this year. I can see them swooping in to grab those short passes we throw to Gonzo.

Hope we can run the ball.
I hope we can too.

Our defense will hopefully put us into situations where we will have good field position and back them into a corner. Huard's gotta play mistake free, even though our D will stop them, we can't give them or their crowd a boost by throwing a pick or getting sacked and fumbling.

StcChief
10-17-2007, 07:58 PM
F Cullpeeper he's lucky they don't have anyone else worth a F to play

this guy is pathetic and done....

Green and him should walk off into the Sunset

Direckshun
10-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Their offensive line isn't that good. They've racked up mad rushing yards because they played Miami, Denver and Cleveland, who all have PITIFUL run defenses.
We're not exactly a stellar run defense team.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2007, 08:13 PM
We're not exactly a stellar run defense team.

Yeah but we don't COMPLETELY SUCK.

KCJohnny
10-17-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm sorry. I know Oakland's offense isn't exactly fear-inducing, but it has talent, and it has Dante Culpepper. Culpepper has always had a set of skills that's spelled insane trouble for the Chiefs in the past. He's mobile (I don't care if he's lost a step -- he's still very mobile), he's hard to bring down, he has great vision and a killer instinct.

He's not a great passer but he's got pretty good receivers in Oakland.

Trash talking aside, this is going to be a very tough win for the Chiefs, if it's a win at all. And if we don't, Culpepper's going to be the reason.

Thoughts?

I agree. This will be a very, very tough game, and I have my doubts.

I will post my Maddenalysis later this week.

FAX
10-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Culpepper's mobility can be an issue, Mr. Direckshun, no doubt. A lot depends, however, on the defensive game plan. Gun needs to put a spy on him ... DJ, perhaps. Nevertheless, this should be a win for us. I'm pretty confident about it.

In fact, if the Raiders beat us, I will personally ask Mr. Hootie to cease posting for two weeks.

FAX

Rasputin
10-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Career passer rating leaders at the start of this season.

1 Steve Young*
2 Peyton Manning
3 Kurt Warner
4 Joe Montana*
5 Marc Bulger
6 Daunte Culpepper
7 Chad Pennington
8 Tom Brady
9 Drew Brees
10 Trent Green
11 Jeff Garcia
12 Dan Marino*
13 Donovan McNabb
14 Matt Hasselbeck
15 Brett Favre
16 Rich Gannon
17 Brian Griese
18 Jim Kelly*
19 Mark Brunell
20 Jake Delhomme
21 Roger Staubach*
22 Steve McNair
23 Brad Johnson
24 Neil Lomax
25 Sonny Jurgensen*

Huard??? Where is this great QB on the list?

Huard really took the league by storm when he first came out, and has had such a steller careeeeeeeeeeer.

StcChief
10-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Culpepper's mobility can be an issue, Mr. Direckshun, no doubt. A lot depends, however, on the defensive game plan. Gun needs to put a spy on him ... DJ, perhaps. Nevertheless, this should be a win for us. I'm pretty confident about it.

In fact, if the Raiders beat us, I will personally ask Mr. Hootie to cease posting for two weeks.

FAX

yeah...it's really about game plan, we have the D players and O to exploit them (come on Solari think it thru).

A Spy...DJ/D.Edwards. blitz 'em. game plan for Jordon's runs.

they are really toast if we do our homework.....

btw. Hootie should cease no matter what :) his Huard BS is old.

Smed1065
10-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Huard??? Where is this great QB on the list?

Huard really took the league by storm when he first came out, and has had such a steller careeeeeeeeeeer.

Might be right but where is our other option?

Hammock Parties
10-17-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm laughing at the suggestions that we need to spy that waddling piece of crap. Culpepper is not a threat to run on us.

FAX
10-17-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm laughing at the suggestions that we need to spy that waddling piece of crap. Culpepper is not a threat to run on us.

Okay granted. He's not Fran Tarkington, I'll give you that. But he's rushed for three touchdowns so far, I think. Spy him!!!

FAX

Direckshun
10-17-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm sorry, but I've seen those plays that were highlighted earlier in this thread.

Culpepper has a great deal of speed, can attack in the bootleg, and is still a threat to scramble.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm sorry, but I've seen those plays that were highlighted earlier in this thread.

Culpepper has a great deal of speed, can attack in the bootleg, and is still a threat to scramble.

Two carries for five yards last week. DYNAMIC!

cdcox
10-18-2007, 12:40 AM
Both teams should be able to run on the other team.

KC should have slightly more success passing on the Raiders than the opposite. Culpepper doesn't scare me in the least. I'm guessing he'll have around 200 yards passing and be insignificant rushing except in goal line situations.

This is a game we should win if we are banking on another 9-7 playoff birth miricle.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Playoff BERTH people. Come on.

HolmeZz
10-18-2007, 12:48 AM
The miracle of playoff berth.

cdcox
10-18-2007, 12:59 AM
Playoff BERTH people. Come on.

After a several minutes of research, I'm convinced that "berth" is correct. For me the proof was in the usage of major new organizations. If I went by the dictionary meaning, no way would I ever think that berth was correct.

RINGLEADER
10-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Culpepper is going to be chumpatized by Jared Allen...

RINGLEADER
10-18-2007, 01:18 AM

Sorry, I don't know you, but this is just nuts. Culpepper runs around like a Walrus wearing cement shoes. Great deal of speed? Attacking in the bootleg? Threat to scramble? Are you joking?

OnTheWarpath15
10-21-2007, 06:47 PM

16/31 for 177 yards. 51% Completion %. 0 TD, 1 INT. 55.4 Rating.

18/29 for 228 yards. 62% Completion %. 1 TD, 1 INT. 83.7 Rating.

I'll give you one guess as to who had the better stats.

If the Raiders passing offense is a joke, WTF is ours?

Hammock Parties
10-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Culpepper's offensive line played better.

OnTheWarpath15
10-21-2007, 06:48 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Direckshun
10-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Boom! Everything explained perfectly!

cdcox
10-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Huard can't block and throw passes too.

Valiant
10-21-2007, 07:53 PM

Lord you will reach for anything..

Smed1065
10-21-2007, 07:57 PM
You forgot catching passes as well.

Our WRs was to blame today, IMO.

Returned to last year.

http://scosoft.com/s/x/2e0af307.gif

Basileus777
10-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Oakland's passing attack does suck. The joke is that ours is worse.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Oakland's passing attack does suck. The joke is that ours is worse.

Come on now. Some of this shit is ridiculous. We had a bad game today because of the wind and dropped passes, but before today? 220 yards a game.

Direckshun
10-21-2007, 08:02 PM
We had a bad game today because of the wind and dropped passes
Boom! Everything explained perfectly!