PDA

View Full Version : Steelers showing Broncos no respect

Hammock Parties
10-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Haha.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_533213.html?source=rss&feed=9

Steelers' Parker targets Broncos' porous defense

Willie Parker hung out with Denver Broncos cornerback Dre' Bly last weekend in Chapel Hill, N.C.

The two used their respective teams' bye week to rest, catch up and, of course, talk a little trash. The Steelers visit the Broncos on Sunday.

"The only thing I told him," Parker said, "is I'm going to run him over in the open field."

The former University of North Carolina products could meet often in the Broncos' secondary, because Denver's first line of defense hasn't been much of a defense at all.

The Broncos have been the worst team in the NFL at stopping the run -- they are allowing almost 188 rushing yards per game -- and porous play up front is a major reason why they are in the midst of a three-game losing streak.

"I told the wide receivers and (offensive coordinator) Bruce (Arians) that I am going to get my throws in before practice because it might be the last throwing I do all week," Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. "They are susceptible to the run and we run well, so I am sure that is what we are going to feature."

Parker has gained 507 rushing yards and should get more than the 14 carries had he in the Steelers' 31-20 loss to the Broncos last season.

"We can play better than we're playing," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said, "and if we don't play better, we'll get embarrassed by a great rushing offense."

Parker said it isn't a foregone conclusion that the Steelers will run the ball at will on the Broncos.

"They've got five Pro Bowlers over there," Parker said. "I don't know what's the problem, but they're going to get together sooner or later. I hope they don't get it together this week."

StcChief
10-18-2007, 06:09 PM
DL sucks so your always in the secondary Willie.

dry bly isn't the good, Lambs cut him loose.

Easy 6
10-18-2007, 06:33 PM
I think Willie hit it in the last few sentences, if Pitt gets too confident about all of this...dinveer will stuff'em for 60 yards in the game.

It ALWAYS happens, a team gets a bad rep for something long enough & they stew on it long enough &...VOILA!!!...all of a sudden the team doesnt look so bad at it.

Does Indy 06 ring a bell???...Pitt needs to keep their fukking mouth shut.

InChiefsHeaven
10-18-2007, 06:34 PM
DL sucks so your always in the secondary Willie.

dry bly isn't the good, Lambs cut him loose.
I thought he came from Detroit...:shrug:

ChiefGator
10-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Okay, the way I understand it both the Raiders and the Broncos have the worst rushing defense. That's good news for our crappy O-Line, Larry, and Priest. And mighty strange.

Add to that Larry ran for 100 against the chargers, (or darn close) and it seems like the tide on the AFCWest defenses has changed. And what is nice, is that we are on our way up, while the others are on their, or well on their way, down.

Basileus777
10-18-2007, 06:50 PM
I thought he came from Detroit...:shrug:

He was in St. Louis before that. He was a part of their Superbowl team.

Simply Red
10-18-2007, 06:53 PM
He was in St. Louis before that. He was a part of their Superbowl team.
Yep paired w/ Mc`Clingon.

wazu
10-18-2007, 06:57 PM
I can't wait to watch this game. I hope it snows.

beer bacon
10-18-2007, 07:41 PM
I think Willie hit it in the last few sentences, if Pitt gets too confident about all of this...dinveer will stuff'em for 60 yards in the game.

It ALWAYS happens, a team gets a bad rep for something long enough & they stew on it long enough &...VOILA!!!...all of a sudden the team doesnt look so bad at it.

Does Indy 06 ring a bell???...Pitt needs to keep their fukking mouth shut.

I don't think it really happens all that often. Indy was the acception.

Basileus777
10-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Denver's problems aren't just mental or the scheme, they simply don't have the talent in their defensive front 7 to make a turnaround like Indy. Their linebackers aren't going to stop sucking because they get motivated (except maybe DJ Williams) and they can't just pull DTs out of their ass.