PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever take the Mensa exam?

Third Eye
10-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Just curious. I have one scheduled at 6:30 tonight and I was just wondering what to expect.

Rain Man
10-19-2007, 08:58 AM
I tried to, but I couldn't figure out how to get my pen to work. It was one of those that didn't have the clickie thing on top, and I tried twisting it, pushing things that looked like buttons, pulling off caps, and everything, and never could figure it out, so I finally gave up and went home. It was only a couple of hours later that I figured out that it was actually a pencil.

Fire Me Boy!
10-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Yes.... I couldn't figure out how to open the <del>damn</del> darn thing.

Rain Man
10-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Silver medal, Fire Me Boy. Silver Medal.

Fire Me Boy!
10-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Silver medal, Fire Me Boy. Silver Medal.
How 'bout now?

hawkchief
10-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Knowledge is Good.

chasedude
10-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Knowledge is Good.

I hate BIG knowledge

Extra Point
10-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Take it? Where? I didn't take it!

Good luck, Third Eye. Hope you pass. What do you get for passing it?

Hootie
10-19-2007, 09:30 AM

To pay dues every year so you can hang with the smart kids! Oh, and you can attend MENSA meetings and talk about how smart you are...cool club ROFL

ChiTown
10-19-2007, 09:31 AM

Membership into MENSA - you have to score (have an IQ) in the top 2% for admittance.

Third Eye
10-19-2007, 09:33 AM

Nothing really. Just resume fodder, and a little personal satisfaction. I've always wanted to try, just recently decided that there is no better time than now. I looked it up and found out that the entrance requirements were lower than I thought. So why not?

Adept Havelock
10-19-2007, 09:33 AM
MENSA can be a decent networking tool, but that's about it.

El Jefe
10-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Expect the unexpected.

Third Eye
10-19-2007, 09:37 AM
To pay dues every year so you can hang with the smart kids! Oh, and you can attend MENSA meetings and talk about how smart you are...cool club ROFL
No dues. $40 bucks to take the test, lifetime membership thereafter.
Oh and it goes a little further on a resume than "Damon Huard Fan Club Member." Idiot.

chasedude
10-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Oh and it goes a little further on a resume than "Damon Huard Fan Club Member." Idiot.

Good luck Third Eye, I've never taken it. I've only taken the online IQ tests and scored high.

Planetman
10-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Top Mensa Pick Up Lines

"This is your brain. This is your brain on my naked thigh. Any questions?"

"Could you help me get this tie tack out of my hand?"

"Towards what end does a substantially empathetic demoiselle such as yourself inhabit a locus such as this?"

"What say we skip this nerd-fest and hit an all-night symposium on Euclidean Geometry?"

"Perchance, would you be inclined to participate, at my domicile, sans apparel, in a modicum of copulation?"

"It doesn't take a genius to see how gorgeous you are, but if it did, I'd be overqualified."

"You'll have to excuse me -- Your presence excites me beyond all capacity for cognitive discourse."

"Vini, Vici, Va-va-va-voom!"

"You must be tired, because you've been running quadratic equations through my mind all night."

"That tape on your glasses really sets off your eyes."

"According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Mechanics, we may already be making love right now."

"If I were to mention to you that you have a bellus corpus, would you hold it against me?"

"I bet your brain stem reaches almost down to your gluteus maximus."

"Ooohh, your IQ is 145? I like 'em dumb and strong!"

"By visually measuring the wrinkles in the front of your pants, calculating your body mass based on your height and weight, and dividing that number by your waist size -- I conclude that you have absolutely nothing in your pocket and are, in fact, glad to see me."

"Baby, I'll have you barking like a *canis familiaris*."

DMAC
10-19-2007, 09:44 AM
If you pass, it means that you are a fart smeller!!!

err...

I mean, smart feller.

Hootie
10-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Could be wrong, but I think there are membership dues. I should know, I'm a member.

Ok not a member, but I know someone who knows a member.

Extra Point
10-19-2007, 09:47 AM
If you pass, it means that you are a fart smeller!!!

err...

I mean, smart feller.

Thanks for "clarifying."

Hootie
10-19-2007, 09:54 AM
ok, maybe there aren't any membership dues, but I think there is a stat out there that states 45% of all MENSA's are gay.

Third Eye
10-19-2007, 10:08 AM
ok, maybe there aren't any membership dues, but I think there is a stat out there that states 45% of all MENSA's are gay.
Actually, I just looked into it and I was mistaken. There are dues. Oops.

Ebolapox
10-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Could be wrong, but I think there are membership dues. I should know, I'm a member.

oh, you sure do know your 'members'...

Extra Point
10-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if, all along, the MENSA society's chief person had a lower-than-genius IQ, and has made a substantial living bilking "smart" people?

Oh. Nevermind.

Hootie
10-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Actually, I just looked into it and I was mistaken. There are dues. Oops.
Some non-profit organization that is...

Take the test but do you really need a piece of paper to tell you that you're smart?

Seriously, from what I heard all they do at MENSA meetings is have a gigantic circle jerk and talk about how dumb everyone is other than them...

The problem with the typical MENSA-ite is, they are really book smart but lack all of the other fundamental people skills you can't acquire when home schooled...

because we all know MENSA-ites are usually home schooled...

and I'm going to stop making things up now.

patteeu
10-19-2007, 10:31 AM
You're being tested for a vaccine-resistant staph infection? Ouch. Good luck.

Phobia
10-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Take it? Heck, Mensa comes to me for answers.

Demonpenz
10-19-2007, 10:46 AM
I was supposed to take it and the building was right around the corner so i figured i could just ride on the hood of my friends car for fun. I fell off and got hurt so i didn't get to take it. I think I would have passed tho

DMAC
10-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks for "clarifying."
You actually made the quotation signal with your hands when you typed that, didn't you.

Phobia
10-19-2007, 10:53 AM
I was supposed to take it and the building was right around the corner so i figured i could just ride on the hood of my friends car for fun. I fell off and got hurt so i didn't get to take it. I think I would have passed tho

I love you, DP.

Hootie
10-19-2007, 10:55 AM
I love you, DP.
he is definitely one of the funniest guys on this site...not quite as funny as me, but pretty close

Donger
10-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Membership into MENSA - you have to score (have an IQ) in the top 2% for admittance.

Top 2% of what?

Braincase
10-19-2007, 11:04 AM

If you mean "member" as in "penis", be reassured most of us think of you as a "member".

Extra Point
10-19-2007, 11:06 AM
You actually made the quotation signal with your hands when you typed that, didn't you.

No.

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more.

Valiant
10-19-2007, 12:08 PM
I love you, DP.

Does your significant know you are into DP???

keg in kc
10-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Does your significant know you are into DP???The more interesting question is whether Phildo knows his significant is into DP.

RJ
10-19-2007, 01:29 PM
I remember when being a member of Mensa really meant something. These days, anyone can get in. Those guys really sold out, and all for a $40 a year membership fee. I'm still thinking of joining, though. They offer some really great discounts on hotels and car rentals and when you join you get coupons for cool stuff like Jiffy Lube and Stanley Steamer, so they got all that going for them.

Valiant
10-19-2007, 01:32 PM
I remember when being a member of Mensa really meant something. These days, anyone can get in. Those guys really sold out, and all for a $40 a year membership fee. I'm still thinking of joining, though. They offer some really great discounts on hotels and car rentals and when you join you get coupons for cool stuff like Jiffy Lube and Stanley Steamer, so they got all that going for them.

I think you can buy one of those little black entertainment books for 20 bucks that do the same thing as joining Mensa for the discounts..

ClevelandBronco
10-19-2007, 01:34 PM
I only join an organization when I can be certain that I'm not going to be the dumbest guy in the room.

Frankie
10-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Anyone here ever take the Mensa exam?
I haven't. I'm terrified by gynecologists.

FAX
10-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Take the Womensa exam instead, Mr. Third Eye. It only has two questions.

1. You are dating a lonely millionaire. Do you perform oral sex?

2. Your husband died leaving you $4,500,000 in life insurance proceeds. How many pairs of Ferragamo shoes will that buy?

FAX

Rain Man
10-19-2007, 05:30 PM
I only join an organization when I can be certain that I'm not going to be the dumbest guy in the room.

And with that revelation, the mystery of how he became a Broncos fan was solved.

JohninGpt
10-19-2007, 05:33 PM
You're here with a donkey hat for an avatar?

RJ
10-19-2007, 05:37 PM
And with that revelation, the mystery of how he became a Broncos fan was solved.

A great shot by Rainman, give the assist to ClevelandBronco.......

Mr. Flopnuts
10-19-2007, 05:57 PM
I love DP.

What?

listopencil
10-19-2007, 06:55 PM

That's it? I thought it was higher than that.

Rain Man
10-19-2007, 06:58 PM
If a person was really smart, wouldn't they find a way to get out of paying the dues?

listopencil
10-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Top 2% of what?

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQBasics.aspx

I would assume the breakpoint is somewhere around 135 for either test.

listopencil
10-19-2007, 07:02 PM
If a person was really smart, wouldn't they find a way to get out of paying the dues?

Yes, by not joining in the first place.

CrazyPhuD
10-19-2007, 07:19 PM
http://www.us.mensa.org/Content/AML/NavigationMenu/Join/SubmitTestScores/QualifyingTestScores/QualifyingScores.htm

Why take the test just submit test scores if you want.

teedubya
10-19-2007, 08:15 PM
http://www.extrememortman.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/Maxwell%20Smart%20Get%20Smart.bmp

missed it by THAT MUCH!

Third Eye
10-19-2007, 08:33 PM
http://www.us.mensa.org/Content/AML/NavigationMenu/Join/SubmitTestScores/QualifyingTestScores/QualifyingScores.htm

I thought about doing that. I have a qualifying score from back in the day. I just enjoy these kind of things and if I failed, then I can still fall back on that. Besides, I have always wanted to take a wonderlic test, and I got to do that tonight.

teedubya
10-19-2007, 08:51 PM

According to this, I qualify. Sweet.

JohnnyV13
10-19-2007, 09:13 PM
I tooken the Mensa test. I flunkeded. It are a racially biased test.

I are going to file a class action lawsuit against Mensa for hurt'n the self esteam of racial minoritys everywhare. I think 1 billion is just about write.

mesmith31
10-20-2007, 09:35 PM
took the short version on a American Airlines magazine in flight once!