PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolpins - Fire Sale! - Lowest prices of the year!!

Kylo Ren
10-19-2007, 10:28 AM
I was watching NFL Live last night, at least I think it was NFL Live. I don't rmemeber. They were talking about the Fins trading Chambers. They say that the Fins are totally going to disassemble the team and start over after the season ends. As of now, they are playing a bunch of young players to evaluate them for next year. They will trade veteran players and let other players go. Their strategy is painful, but probably the right way to go. Maybe the Chiefs can pick up a good player or two?

Hootie
10-19-2007, 10:29 AM
I think the trade deadline passed.

I could be wrong.

JBucc
10-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Let's give them their 5th back for Jason Taylor. I can't think of anyone else on that team I'd want.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-19-2007, 10:31 AM
They have already started. Chambers to San Diego & Welker(sp?) to New England. Is there anybody else left that isn't ancient or scrubs :shrug:

Phobia
10-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Trade deadline has come and gone. Moot point.

Otter
10-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Imagine that, admitting the current scheme isn't working and rebuilding.

I guess ~.500 for 14 years and getting embarrassed in the playoffs can be considered somewhat successful in a pitiful sort of way.

Hootie
10-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Imagine that, admitting the current scheme isn't working and rebuilding.

I guess ~.500 every year and getting embarrassed in the playoffs can be considered somewhat successful in a pitiful sort of way.
has Miami been to the playoffs since Marino? I honestly can't think of the last time that team was good...I know they got there a time or two with Fiedler but I think our franchise has been a little more successful than that (I know, crazy) and we don't have to sell our players for 0.60 on the 1.00...

We've gotten picks for Dante Hall, Ryan Sims, Trent Green, Lawrence Tynes and Michael Bennett...no Chris Chambers like players on that category.

Bash Carl all you want but he had a good offseason, a good draft, and has set up a good foundation for another quality upcoming offseason.

Hootie
10-19-2007, 10:37 AM
this site is so wrapped up about Huard over Croyle they don't see the fact we have a big time young WR in the making, a defense full of youth, and about 10 or 11 picks for next year...

and we still have a YOUNG QB that is learning the system...

I mean, why is everyone complaining? This isn't Vermeil's Chiefs anymore...we are getting younger while maintaining a veteran team and our young guys are gaining experience while being able to play and start on a playoff caliber team.

If that's not building for the future I don't know what you guys expect...

Otter
10-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Who's this "Hootie" dipshit that I'm willing to bet $100 dollars either just kissed Huards ass or called me a "half fan" that just popped up twice as an ignore?

ALL HAIL SIMPLEX!!!! :grovel:

Kylo Ren
10-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I think the trade deadline passed.

I could be wrong. ...........during the offseason, not now.

Hootie
10-19-2007, 10:43 AM
...........during the offseason.
sorry, I don't usually read your posts.

Adept Havelock
10-19-2007, 10:43 AM

A starting QB who isn't qualified for AARP? :p

the Talking Can
10-19-2007, 10:46 AM
they traded Welker and Chambers and drafted Ginn....brutal

Hootie
10-19-2007, 10:48 AM
they traded Welker and Chambers and drafted Ginn....brutal
Welker is the type of player every team in the NFL could use...so versatile...

however, as a restricted free agent, the Dolphins really had no choice, because the Patriots targeted him right away and were prepared to sign him for a BOAT LOAD of up front money...something the Dolphins would have had a really hard time justifying paying a #3 WR KR/PR extraordinare!

Frankie
10-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Trade deadline has come and gone. Moot point.
There's always offseason. Who knows, there might be one or two vets with some immediate potential for cheap.

ChiefsGirl
10-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Welker is the type of player every team in the NFL could use...so versatile...

however, as a restricted free agent, the Dolphins really had no choice, because the Patriots targeted him right away and were prepared to sign him for a BOAT LOAD of up front money...something the Dolphins would have had a really hard time justifying paying a #3 WR KR/PR extraordinare!

Welker wasn't a free agent.

Kylo Ren
10-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Jason Taylor maybe? But, we've got two starting DE's, so that's probably not a priority.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Champ Baily for Ronnie Brown
PRINT 'EM

Hootie
10-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Welker wasn't a free agent.
He was a restricted free agent...

Seriously.

Why do you keep throwing these 'facts' at me in every thread that aren't true?

I explained why Welker is a Patriot. He was a restricted free agent. The Pats were going to offer him a BOATLOAD of money up front so the Dolphins wouldn't match his offer sheet.

Knowing they had no shot of resigning Welker and knowing the Pats were still going to have to compensate them, they decided to get rid of the middle man (the offer sheet) and worked on a compensation package (a win/win for both teams) so the Pats wouldn't have to give Welker more than what he was worth and the Dolphins got an extra pick out of it.

Hootie
10-19-2007, 12:06 PM
This is from rotoworld:

Patriots acquired Wes Welker for second and seventh-round draft picks in the 2007 draft. A long term deal has been agreed to, but is undisclosed.
The $39 million figure that was floated for Welker's proposed offer sheet probably included a lot of phony money and years. Since the two teams dealt directly, it won't be necessary to pay Welker so much or so creatively. Welker provides the Patriots a versatile receiver who stands a good chance at starting. He'll also return punts. Don't be surprised if Welker's solid 2006 numbers improve.

Ok ChiefsGirl, run along...that's twice in two days.

Braincase
10-19-2007, 12:10 PM
I wonder if the '72 Dolphins that went undefeated will invite the '07 Dolphins over to party if they go 0-16.

ChiefsGirl
10-19-2007, 12:17 PM

You're right about this, I didn't realize that Welker was a restricted free agent.

However, you were not right about the Chargers getting a 3rd round compensatory pick for Donnie Edwards.

Hootie
10-19-2007, 12:18 PM
You're right about this, I didn't realize that Welker was a restricted free agent.

However, you were not right about the Chargers getting a 3rd round compensatory pick for Donnie Edwards.
I never said anything about a 3rd...

I said they will get a compensatory pick for Edwards.

I quoted About.com on how the NFL awards compensatory picks, and since San Diego virtually signed NO free agents, they will surely get a pick for Edwards' departure considering he was their leading tackler a year ago.

MahiMike
10-19-2007, 12:35 PM
this site is so wrapped up about Huard over Croyle they don't see the fact we have a big time young WR in the making, a defense full of youth, and about 10 or 11 picks for next year...

and we still have a YOUNG QB that is learning the system...

I mean, why is everyone complaining? This isn't Vermeil's Chiefs anymore...we are getting younger while maintaining a veteran team and our young guys are gaining experience while being able to play and start on a playoff caliber team.

um, an offensive-minded coach?

Hootie
10-19-2007, 12:38 PM
um, an offensive-minded coach?
that worked out really well with Vermeil

beer bacon
10-19-2007, 01:12 PM
I think compensatory picks should be rewarded based upon how much the team's fans trash talk the player after he leaves. San Diego wouldn't get crap for DE.

Amnorix
10-19-2007, 01:16 PM
I was watching NFL Live last night, at least I think it was NFL Live. I don't rmemeber. They were talking about the Fins trading Chambers. They say that the Fins are totally going to disassemble the team and start over after the season ends. As of now, they are playing a bunch of young players to evaluate them for next year. They will trade veteran players and let other players go. Their strategy is painful, but probably the right way to go. Maybe the Chiefs can pick up a good player or two?

Worst talent in the NFL, IMHO. Their RB, Brown, is the real deal in a big way. Jason Taylor hasn't lost his burst (but probably will within a year or two) and Zach Thomas is on the downside.

OLine has been the worst in the NFL for a few years now. QB is an ongoing fiasco (didn't think it could get worse than Jay Fieldler, but it has).

They should melt it down and start over, I agree.

Hootie
10-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Worst talent in the NFL, IMHO. Their RB, Brown, is the real deal in a big way. Jason Taylor hasn't lost his burst (but probably will within a year or two) and Zach Thomas is on the downside.

OLine has been the worst in the NFL for a few years now. QB is an ongoing fiasco (didn't think it could get worse than Jay Fieldler, but it has).

They should melt it down and start over, I agree.
Ronnie kept falling to the 5th/6th rounds of all my FFL drafts and I just HAD to take him...my theme for the year was I was going as far as Ronnie took me...

Started 0-2 in a bunch of leagues and have rebounded nicely, just like Ronnie...

2-4, 3-3, 3-3, 4-2, 5-1

Disappointing start so far, but I never give up!

Amnorix
10-19-2007, 02:00 PM
He was a restricted free agent...

Seriously.

Why do you keep throwing these 'facts' at me in every thread that aren't true?

I explained why Welker is a Patriot. He was a restricted free agent. The Pats were going to offer him a BOATLOAD of money up front so the Dolphins wouldn't match his offer sheet.

Knowing they had no shot of resigning Welker and knowing the Pats were still going to have to compensate them, they decided to get rid of the middle man (the offer sheet) and worked on a compensation package (a win/win for both teams) so the Pats wouldn't have to give Welker more than what he was worth and the Dolphins got an extra pick out of it.

100% correct. The Dolphins made a horrible, horrible mistake tendering him at the 2nd round level instead of the 1st round level.

Amnorix
10-19-2007, 02:02 PM
This is from rotoworld:

Patriots acquired Wes Welker for second and seventh-round draft picks in the 2007 draft. A long term deal has been agreed to, but is undisclosed.
The $39 million figure that was floated for Welker's proposed offer sheet probably included a lot of phony money and years. Since the two teams dealt directly, it won't be necessary to pay Welker so much or so creatively. Welker provides the Patriots a versatile receiver who stands a good chance at starting. He'll also return punts. Don't be surprised if Welker's solid 2006 numbers improve.

Right, alot of that contract was likely backloaded, with some kind of foolish poison pill included along the lines of what Hutchinson got from Minnesota to prevent Seattle from matching.

But the Pats and Dolphins worked something out so they could avoid all that foolishness. Pats threw in a 7th, and then a "real" contract was signed. $18M over 4 or 5 years, $10M guaranteed.

Amnorix
10-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Ronnie kept falling to the 5th/6th rounds of all my FFL drafts and I just HAD to take him...my theme for the year was I was going as far as Ronnie took me...

Started 0-2 in a bunch of leagues and have rebounded nicely, just like Ronnie...

2-4, 3-3, 3-3, 4-2, 5-1

Disappointing start so far, but I never give up!

Wouldn't hold my breath on how he'll do this week. Pats are going to work very hard to stone him and let the immortal Cleo Lemon beat us. Miami trading Chambers won't help your cause any.

Then again, Pats in Miami... :banghead::banghead:

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Wouldn't hold my breath on how he'll do this week. Pats are going to work very hard to stone him and let the immortal Cleo Lemon beat us. Miami trading Chambers won't help your cause any.

Then again, Pats in Miami... :banghead::banghead:

Leave it to the Pats to go 15-1 and Miami to go 1-15, ruining each other's perfect seasons. :shake:

Amnorix
10-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Leave it to the Pats to go 15-1 and Miami to go 1-15, ruining each other's perfect seasons. :shake:

TELL ME ABOUT IT.

I still remember the last 5 minutes of that game when we were 12-1 and they were 1-12 or whatever in 2004. Ugh.

Those 5 minutes are possibly the worst 5 minutes of the Brady era. The perfect storm of horrendous play.

1st quarter of Pats/Steelers in 2004 regular season was somewhat similar.

The Pats were seriously 20 minutes away from a perfect season that year, in my not so humble opinion. But that 20 minutes was just horrendous.