PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Weather Day

DaFace
10-20-2007, 01:29 PM
I just got back from taking a walk in the park with the wifey. It's a beautiful day - currently in the low 70's with a slight breeze, supposed to top out at around 79. But then I get on and look at the weather forecast for tonight:

Tonight: Periods of rain, mixing with snow after 3am. Low around 33. North northwest wind between 13 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

I'm used to the weather changing, but man - that's a quick switch! How often do you have days that you could just about turn the A/C on and the heat on in the same day? That's a 45 degree spread between today's high and today's low. :shake:

Anyway, that's all I got. Carry on...

OnTheWarpath15
10-20-2007, 01:33 PM
I remember one day when I was living in Springfield in the early 90's.

It was my birthday, early November. That afternoon it was around 75, not a cloud in the sky. We barbecued and drank all afternoon before going out to celebrate on the town.

By the time I made it to bed at 2:30am, there was 6 inches of snow on the ground.

10-20-2007, 01:34 PM
The weather is crazy everywhere, there predicting a high of 81 degrees in NY on Monday. I turned the heat on last weekend, and had to switch it back to AC this week.

Buehler445
10-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Boo for snow. That is all.

DaFace
10-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Boo for snow. That is all.

On the plus side, Dungver plays Pittsburg here tomorrow night. I always enjoy messy weather games.

Buehler445
10-20-2007, 02:14 PM
On the plus side, Dungver plays Pittsburg here tomorrow night. I always enjoy messy weather games.

Hopefully the Steelers waste those stupid donks in the snow.

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Boo for snow. That is all.Snow rocks! As long as I am inside looking out at it...

Reerun_KC
10-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Snow sucks! weather will totally screw up the start of our week...

dammnit beulher it is your fault

Buehler445
10-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Snow sucks! weather will totally screw up the start of our week...

dammnit beulher it is your fault

Get to work! You've got some acres to cover.

DaFace
10-20-2007, 02:57 PM
The cool thing about snow this year is that we moved to within close walking distance of the bus station this year, so I don't have to deal with scraping my car off anymore!

PBJ

Reerun_KC
10-20-2007, 03:08 PM
I am working!!! your dad is about to kill me.. we are picking corn across a field that was culivated with a bulldozer...

bounced to death

Buehler445
10-20-2007, 03:11 PM
I am working!!! your dad is about to kill me.. we are picking corn across a field that was culivated with a bulldozer...

bounced to death

It's good for you. :) Beleive me been there done that.

kcfanXIII
10-20-2007, 03:16 PM
i thought that was about KC, i was gonna be pissed. we're supposed to be 70's tomorrow. just one more reason dungver sucks

Reerun_KC
10-20-2007, 03:58 PM
It's good for you. :) Beleive me been there done that.
We have around 100 acres of milo and 250 or so of corn... having a great time working for your dad... he is an awesome person.

Buehler445
10-20-2007, 04:11 PM
We have around 100 acres of milo and 250 or so of corn... having a great time working for your dad... he is an awesome person.

Good. Glad to hear it. My parents are happy you came. I can tell that Dad has been a lot more productive with the extra help.

I'm glad it all worked out!

Phobia
10-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Have you guys know one another a long time?

Halfcan
10-20-2007, 05:30 PM
I played basketball with the kids all afternnon. It was awesome out.

Buehler445
10-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Have you guys know one another a long time?

No. He is working for my dad for the fall harvest.

Buehler445
10-20-2007, 05:53 PM
I played basketball with the kids all afternnon. It was awesome out.

The cold front has begun up here. It dropped 30 degrees and the wind is blowing about 30MPH.

BOO!

Phobia
10-20-2007, 06:06 PM
No. He is working for my dad for the fall harvest.

So, did you find him the job or did you guys discover he was working for your dad here on the Planet? I like small world stories. I'm trying to determine if this is one of those cases.

Halfcan
10-20-2007, 06:06 PM
The cold front has begun up here. It dropped 30 degrees and the wind is blowing about 30MPH.

BOO!

I threw up a few "air" balls because of sudden wind gust-but all in all I won every game. :)

Buehler445
10-20-2007, 06:36 PM
So, did you find him the job or did you guys discover he was working for your dad here on the Planet? I like small world stories. I'm trying to determine if this is one of those cases.

Well, the deal is that I posted in a vacation thread, that I was going to spend all of my vacation time driving a combine.

He said he would LOVE to do that. I thought he was being sarcastic, but he has always wanted to do that type of stuff. So I got him hooked up with my dad and he came out for the fall harvest.

You might have noted that he just got his pilot's license. Well, my dad is trying to get certified and ReRun is going to certify him. So it really worked out well.

jjchieffan
10-20-2007, 06:40 PM
I remember the year we were 13-3 and hosted the donkeys in the playoff game. I left home in sw MO to head to the game. Beautiful day, upper 70's. By the time I hit KC it was 30 degrees and I was driving in an ice storm.

Halfcan
10-20-2007, 06:42 PM
I remember the year we were 13-3 and hosted the donkeys in the playoff game. I left home in sw MO to head to the game. Beautiful day, upper 70's. By the time I hit KC it was 30 degrees and I was driving in an ice storm.

I was there.

Phobia
10-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Well, the deal is that I posted in a vacation thread, that I was going to spend all of my vacation time driving a combine.

He said he would LOVE to do that. I thought he was being sarcastic, but he has always wanted to do that type of stuff. So I got him hooked up with my dad and he came out for the fall harvest.

You might have noted that he just got his pilot's license. Well, my dad is trying to get certified and ReRun is going to certify him. So it really worked out well.

That's very cool. That's even cooler than a small world story. I like it when people befriend one another in real life based upon "meeting" on the Planet. For some strange reason I take a little bit of pride in that, like I had something to do with it. I've actually benefited from a significant amount of remodeling jobs from ChiefsPlanet - especially this year.

DaFace
10-20-2007, 10:00 PM
That's very cool. That's even cooler than a small world story. I like it when people befriend one another in real life based upon "meeting" on the Planet. For some strange reason I take a little bit of pride in that, like I had something to do with it. I've actually benefited from a significant amount of remodeling jobs from ChiefsPlanet - especially this year.

In a sense, then, you got me my job. Thanks.

Oh, and it's now 40 and windy as hell here.

Phobia
10-20-2007, 10:02 PM
In a sense, then, you got me my job. Thanks.

Oh, and it's now 40 and windy as hell here.

I didn't believe that was for real until your picture appeared on the corona website. Heh.

DaFace
10-20-2007, 10:04 PM
I didn't believe that was for real until your picture appeared on the corona website. Heh.

Well, we actually played it off as if it were a joke for a while. Some people catch on faster than others I suppose...

Phobia
10-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Well, we actually played it off as if it were a joke for a while. Some people catch on faster than others I suppose...
I liked it when you resigned via a thread on the Planet and then when he agreed to give you a raise to $7.37 per hour you came back.

DaFace
10-20-2007, 10:08 PM
I liked it when you resigned via a thread on the Planet and then when he agreed to give you a raise to $7.37 per hour you came back.

Heh...there's a whole lot to that story. But none of it will ever appear on the pages of the Planet. :D

Phobia
10-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Heh...there's a whole lot to that story. But none of it will ever appear on the pages of the Planet. :D

I heard that when one of the hookers shorted him on the day's take that you beat her with an object that was against company policy. He was going to have you knocked off until you dug up some serious dirt on him. Now you're the number one henchman on his crew. Congratulations.

DaFace
10-20-2007, 10:17 PM
I heard that when one of the hookers shorted him on the day's take that you beat her with an object that was against company policy. He was going to have you knocked off until you dug up some serious dirt on him. Now you're the number one henchman on his crew. Congratulations.

Who told you? :cuss:

Phobia
10-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Allison was complaining about the strongarm tactics with me. I promised I wouldn't tell. If she asks you didn't hear it from me.