PDA

View Full Version : Are you enjoying this season?

Hammock Parties
10-21-2007, 06:31 PM
We're 4-3. We've won 4 of our last 5 games. We're in first place.

Are you having fun?

siberian khatru
10-21-2007, 06:31 PM
I always enjoy Chief victories.

kcfanXIII
10-21-2007, 06:32 PM
i enjoy winning but i still say we're doomed.

The Bad Guy
10-21-2007, 06:33 PM
90% of this board hates winning when it comes with Damon Huard.

It's like Huard had a gangbang with their sisters and mother at the same time.

Deberg_1990
10-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Of course. Winning always feels good.

Too bad we wont win in January if we get there.

Rain Man
10-21-2007, 06:34 PM
I enjoy every season. Even the Frank Gansz, Sr. ones. Before every game, I am awash with optimism and excitement.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Trying to.. Excited about the Defense, but the last 12+ years of Carls regine has wore thin...

Sick of seeing Herm on our sidelines and his trusty toolbox Dick Curl...

Sick of watching Horrid and his crappy checkdowns...

Trying like most everyone else to be thrilled, but we have seen this all to often here in KC and it usually ends with a mediocre season and a first round playoff ass whipping...

How can you be excited about that?

mrub4
10-21-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm on the fence. It's been fun so far, but I think it'd be worlds more enjoyable without Herm at the helm

burt

Dude, get the sand out of your mangina. You are projecting. Most of us would rather see Croyle, but will support the Chiefs with Huard at the helm. As far as the bet, it was a bet. Had nothing to do with people being happy with a win or not.

siberian khatru
I enjoy every season. Even the Frank Gansz, Sr. ones.

I bet you go to the dentist 6 times a year, too.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2007, 06:37 PM

Here you go buddy...

http://www.baby-supplies.co.uk/catalog/images/safensure_pacifer.jpg

Deberg_1990
10-21-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm on the fence. It's been fun so far, but I think it'd be worlds more enjoyable without Herm at the helm

Herm wins.

Is he a "sexy" HC? No, but he wins.

Look around the league and look at all the crappy Head coaches there are out there. By comparison, Herm isnt bad at all. His players always play hard for him and dont quit.

BWillie
10-21-2007, 06:39 PM
We are in first place in the AFC West. If you aren't enjoying this season so far, you are a piece of shit. Period.

KcMizzou
10-21-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm in with a big HELL YES!

burt
10-21-2007, 06:42 PM
We are in first place in the AFC West. If you aren't enjoying this season so far, you are a piece of shit. Period.

You sound like Hootie. Grow up and quit being judgemental until you have followed the Chiefs for 40 years. We tend to be the Cubs of the NFL.

DFB
10-21-2007, 06:42 PM

:clap:

The Bad Guy
10-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Here you go buddy...

http://www.baby-supplies.co.uk/catalog/images/safensure_pacifer.jpg

You've cried all over this board from the minute you registered last year.

You hate seeing Herm on the sideline. You hate everything about him. You hate the food he eats, you hate the clothes he wears. You are the biggest culprit of what I said.

You like the defense, but hate Herm.

Did you take that picture yourself from the collection you've accumulated, or is that a stock one from the website you order from?

burt
Herm wins.

Is he a "sexy" HC?

I dunno....he has a cute smile.......nice hair....

Hammock Parties
Too bad we wont win in January if we get there.

THEY'LL BLOW IN THE PLAYOFFS!

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6910/19895163by9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

KcMizzou
10-21-2007, 06:44 PM
You sound like Hootie. Grow up and quit being judgemental until you have followed the Chiefs for 40 years. We tend to be the Cubs of the NFL.If you can't ****ing enjoy it, go do something else on Sundays.

That way you wont be around pissing on everyone else's parade.

****!!

baitism
10-21-2007, 06:44 PM

Alright simpleton. Nice avatar picture. ROFL

burt
10-21-2007, 06:46 PM
If you can't ****ing enjoy it, go do something else on Sundays.

That way you wont be around pissing on everyone else's parade.

****!!

Mizzou sucks.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2007, 06:46 PM
You've cried all over this board from the minute you registered last year.

You hate seeing Herm on the sideline. You hate everything about him. You hate the food he eats, you hate the clothes he wears. You are the biggest culprit of what I said.

You like the defense, but hate Herm.

Did you take that picture yourself from the collection you've accumulated, or is that a stock one from the website you order from?

I registered in August 2005... FYI....

Yeah I did, want me to order you some when I place my next order? Or do you need some towels for your private time with Horrids poster?

KcMizzou
10-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Mizzou sucks.They'll bring KU back to earth... just wait...

But that's not the issue at hand.

The Bad Guy
10-21-2007, 06:48 PM
I registered in August 2005... FYI....

Yeah I did, want me to order you some when I place my next order? Or do you need some towels for your private time with Horrids poster?

You can get me some towels when I look at the standings tomorrow and see the Chiefs in first place.

Hey, speaking of which, how are those Jets working out now that Herm's gone?

HonestChieffan
I hate the fact the Raiders n Donks suck so bad we will still have Herm.

Sure-Oz
I like winning but at the same time idon't want to bite all of my nails off by seasons end, considering 1 or 2 plays a game can royally **** us with us being outscored 113-102.

The Bad Guy
10-21-2007, 06:49 PM
I hate the fact the Raiders n Donks suck so bad we will still have Herm.

Just wow.

cdcox
10-21-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm enjoying the wins.

But I honestly don't believe in the philosophy of this team. I don't think we are building a SB contender. I don't like the coaching staff. And I don't like the QB. So my emotional attachment to the team is less than it usually is. The coaches and the QB are not my guys. They are temporary holders for the real Chiefs.

Skip Towne
10-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Herm wins.

Is he a "sexy" HC? No, but he wins.

Look around the league and look at all the crappy Head coaches there are out there. By comparison, Herm isnt bad at all. His players always play hard for him and dont quit.
Herm loses just as much as he wins. He is mediocre.

Rain Man
10-21-2007, 06:51 PM
I bet you go to the dentist 6 times a year, too.

If you saw my dental hygienist, you'd understand.

Demonpenz
10-21-2007, 06:52 PM
I am not enjoying the season because there hasn't been much solid football going on. Field goals turnovers, no running game bad coaching moves. I enjoy solid exacustion. I like the wins but the football I am watching has not been quote unquote enjoyable

KcMizzou
10-21-2007, 06:52 PM
You can get me some towels when I look at the standings tomorrow and see the Chiefs in first place.

Hey, speaking of which, how are those Jets working out now that Herm's gone?Reerun's not even worth talking to, honestly.

He's just a clown.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2007, 06:53 PM

Hey, speaking of which, how are those Jets working out now that Herm's gone?
Have no clue, I am not a Jets fan...

You tell me.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2007, 06:54 PM
Reerun's not even worth talking to, honestly.

He's just a clown.
I am just pushing his buttons...

He gets so defensive and has a very short fuse... Very comical...

ROYC75
10-21-2007, 06:55 PM
I like all wins ................... but, we are going nowhere in the playoffs, that is if we make the playoffs.

Extra Point
10-21-2007, 06:55 PM
The only problem with the fence I'm riding, is that Solari is pulling me from his skiboat in choppy water. When I think I can get off the fence, his short checkdowns snag me back on it.

I have to see the doctor tomorrow, anyway, so I'll just ask him to sew it shut a little more.

Colquitt and the D helped stop the bleeding.

ROYC75
10-21-2007, 06:57 PM

Are you for real, like, I mean , I 'm serious, are you ?

StcChief
10-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Like the D not much for the conservative play not to lose. That will bite us eventually.... just glad it wasn't today 12-10. Leaving with Faiders with the ball at the end and Barfly Janikowski that could win with 50 yard FG....

KCwolf
10-21-2007, 07:05 PM

Enough said.....I really don't get the negativity.....If your not happy - go be a PATS fan and you'll more than likely win it all and you then can have megafan bliss.......I am more than pleased with the KC CHIEFS going into the bye.....

Splat420
10-21-2007, 07:09 PM
More then I thought I would our D is fun to watch.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2007, 07:09 PM
I was preparing to barf as Janikowski nailed a game-winning FG with no time left. Just like the old days when Gannon and Chucky used to kill us.

But it was not to be!

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Its always fun to win, but I do not see how this team will get past Jax, Indy, Pitt., and especially NE. We and everyone else is on the outside looking in.

The Bad Guy
10-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Have no clue, I am not a Jets fan...

You tell me.

You were last year when you were proclaiming how much better off they were without Herm.

burt
10-21-2007, 07:14 PM
They'll bring KU back to earth... just wait...

But that's not the issue at hand.

Sorry, cross thread humor. Actually I am glad to see Mizzou doing well in football. It will go well with their great wrestling team.

Now to non sarcastic reply: I am as happy as you for the Chiefs win. My post was meaning to say that some of us long time fans don't appreciate some irrational, unpredictable pup saying that if we aren't ecstatic about the Chiefs current team and it's play, If you aren't enjoying this season so far, you are a piece of shit. Period. Let's be happy for our win, but let's see our beloved team as they are. And let's not have delusional n00b's calling people peices of shit because they don't agree with him.

OnTheWarpath15
10-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I love to win. Especially 2 division wins ON THE ROAD. When is the last time THAT happened?

With that said, I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid.

All we've proven thus far is that we can beat bad teams, or teams that come in with HORRIBLE gameplans, or make horrible coaching decisions. (Minnesota and SD abandoning their stud RB's in 2nd half)

We dodged several bullets today against a BAD Raiders team.

I'll start taking this team seriously when/if it beats Green Bay, and makes a good showing against the Colts on the road.

Hope they take advantage of the bye week and the run of games at home.

The Bad Guy
10-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I am just pushing his buttons...

He gets so defensive and has a very short fuse... Very comical...

This is the first thread I've responded to you in about 5 months.

You're not just "pushing buttons". You're just being your usual dickhead self.

cdcox
10-21-2007, 07:18 PM

No, we jumped in front of several bullets against a BAD Raiders team. Raiders were bad enough to miss.

OnTheWarpath15
10-21-2007, 07:20 PM
No, we jumped in front of several bullets against a BAD Raiders team. Raiders were bad enough to miss.

A much better analogy.

Thanks.

BWillie
10-21-2007, 07:21 PM
When you have a good defense you are in EVERY SINGLE GAME. Is it pretty? Of course not, it's not supposed to be. It's not how this team is designed. If someone scores over 20 on us, we probably won't win. But for the love of god we are 4-3 and in first place. For the life of me, the negativism is unreal. I will be pissed off to if we end up 6-10 or something of that nature, but at least take time and enjoy the win. Enjoy the Chiefs being in first place. Take a big breath, look at the AFC West standings and smile.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2007, 07:21 PM
You were last year when you were proclaiming how much better off they were without Herm.

Never was a Jets fan, but I was wrong about the direction of Mangini and his ability to coach/build a team...

So there I said it, I was wrong...

Once Herm becomes something other than Carls puppet I will change my tune... I feel that Herm really wants to start Croyle but is forced to play Horrid... Once Herm starts Croyle or any other QB that is young and could possible be the future of the Chiefs, I will then support Herm.

Just one question... Dont you feel that the Division is passing us by? Right now the division is bad, everyone is struggling to get to .500 or above.. But there is one difference. The rest of the division is developing and playing young up and coming QB's that are making mistakes one minute and looking like Montana the next. Oakland will be playing Russell before the end of the year...

So us staying status qou while everyone else it taking the chance to rebuild for the future with youth... Yes we are playing youth, but not at the position that is the most critical... How does that help us become and stay competitive for the future...

Should we take advantage of the bad division to develop our own QB? Or should we just continue recycling QB's through arrowhead?

I will stop messing with you if you can hold a serious discussion....

Reerun_KC
10-21-2007, 07:22 PM
This is the first thread I've responded to you in about 5 months.

You're not just "pushing buttons". You're just being your usual dickhead self.

Nah, Just messing with you...

I had you on ignore for months, I thought you disappeared, then I noticed you were still on ignore...

Welcome back...

tk13
10-21-2007, 07:24 PM
I love to win. Especially 2 division wins ON THE ROAD. When is the last time THAT happened?

All we've proven thus far is that we can beat bad teams, or teams that come in with HORRIBLE gameplans, or make horrible coaching decisions. (Minnesota and SD abandoning their stud RB's in 2nd half)

I'll start taking this team seriously when/if it beats Green Bay, and makes a good showing against the Colts on the road.

The catch to this paragraph, at least in my opinion, is that you've described 95% of the NFL at this point. Most all teams make terrible mistakes and bad coaching decisions on a near-weekly basis.

Frazod
10-21-2007, 07:32 PM
There was a time I didn't think we'd win four games all year.

The games are certainly much duller this year than in the past, but winning is certainly better than losing.

It is time for Croyle, though. I do appreciate Huard's efforts, but we need to move forward.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2007, 07:34 PM
It is time for Croyle, though.

I agree. I am ready for three turnover games on a weekly basis.

burt
10-21-2007, 07:35 PM
There was a time I didn't think we'd win four games all year.

The games are certainly much duller this year than in the past, but winning is certainly better than losing.

It is time for Croyle, though. I do appreciate Huard's efforts, but we need to move forward.

I still make more money than you.

BWillie
10-21-2007, 07:37 PM

I agree. Croyle is going to be more prone to turnovers, at least in the first couple of games. I think everybody pretty much agrees with that. I'm not ready to put Croyle in there unless Huard completely breaksdown or we are completely out of the playoff picture.

With the sound defense we have, I think we have no choice but to take what we can get without turning the ball over. The turnover margin is going to be the key to our success with the ball control game Herm plays.

the Talking Can
10-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Except for having to watch Huard imitate a QB,and all the dick sucking that results, it's been an interesting year...the D YAY the O BOO....

cdcox
10-21-2007, 07:42 PM

It's safe for you to claim this as long as Croyle is on the bench. I don't think it will be that bad. Huard should have had at least 3 picks today. He's been fortunate, and still has more INTs than TDs for the season. He won't be so lucky all season long.

88TG88
10-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Chiefs win + Raider loss = me happy

Ultra Peanut
10-21-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm happy when we win, but my overall contentment is tempered by the realization that, even if we sneak into the playoffs, we're going to get skull****ed.

I agree. I am ready for three turnover games on a weekly basis.Without Bigfoot's DB skills and the Raiders DBs' inability to hold onto the ball, Huard would have tossed four today.

Smed1065
10-21-2007, 07:52 PM

So HE is not the worst HC in the league?

I heard he was #33 in his second year on here.

BWillie
10-21-2007, 07:52 PM
It's safe for you to claim this as long as Croyle is on the bench. I don't think it will be that bad. Huard should have had at least 3 picks today. He's been fortunate, and still has more INTs than TDs for the season. He won't be so lucky all season long.

Yeah, as all of you haters say all the time. Huard should of had 5 interceptions or TG shouldn't have caught that, or Bowe got lucky to catch that poorly thrown ball by Huard. I swear to god, Huard SHOULD have 25 interceptions this year but for some reason doesn't. What the hell is going on? Weird.

kcxiv
10-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I always enjoy them. Win or lose.

OnTheWarpath15
10-21-2007, 07:53 PM

You're probably right.

The odds of Brodie having his INT's dropped or broken up by our receivers are probably less than Huard's.

OnTheWarpath15
10-21-2007, 07:55 PM
So HE is not the worst HC in the league?

I heard he was #33 in his second year on here.

Not from me.....

chiefbowe82
10-21-2007, 07:57 PM
i'm just wondering..where are all the jet trolls?

tk13
10-21-2007, 08:01 PM
The other funny thing.... Is at first, everybody thought we were a 4-5 win team. Then everybody thought we were an 8-8 team. Now the mantra is that we have no chance of winning a 1st round playoff game, despite the fact that the AFC is pretty weak after the top 2. It's a good trend. Hopefully in another month it'll be "well maybe we can win a playoff game, but we'll never beat Indy or New England!" (Although that one is probably pretty realistic)

CoMoChief
10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
The biggest key game this season as far as the AFCW is concerned is our game up in DEN. If we can win there, then we have won all of our away division games which is huge, because our home division games we usually win. If that happens then we can have a good chance of winning this division. We just have to win the games we are suppose to win and hope to God SD doesn't start to gel together.

BucEyedPea
10-21-2007, 08:08 PM
yes! I am...just take the "Go Chiefs" part outta da' poll though! LMAO!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-21-2007, 08:14 PM
I am enjoying the fact that we beat SD and Oakland at their houses.

I am enjoying the fact that our defense has really stepped it up compared to the past six years.

I am enjoying watching Bowe.

I'm happy Tony G. got his record.

I am not happy with the offensive play calling

I am not happy the Chiefs are usually one bad defensive breakdown from losing every game because our offense is so damn inept.

I am <b>REALLY</b> not happy Huard is still starting when he's done everything but wear a neon sign around his neck that screams "CAREER BACKUP"

I am not happy with the fact our OL couldn't block a high school defensive line when it comes to run blocking.

I'm not happy that our esteemed QB consistently throws short of the first down marker on third down.

I am <b>REALLY</b> unhappy with our not-so-special teams this year.

So:

Like the D
Hate the O
Hate the ST
Hate the Coaches
Like the wins

Currently on the fence. Season can improve, but I'm still not convinced we'll finish over .500 this year.

But, we'll see . . .

KcMizzou
10-21-2007, 08:16 PM
yes! I am...just take the "Go Chiefs" part outta da' poll though! LMAO!Why the hell are you still here?

dtebbe
10-21-2007, 08:19 PM
I hate that Carl will probably keep his job. I hate that Herm is getting by with playing not to lose.

I LOVE ALL THE TALKING HEADS SUCKING IT!

DT

http://home.earthlink.net/~dtebbe/pix/bobdole.jpg

Bugeater
10-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Why the hell are you still here?
I think she's trying to challenge mememe for the title of "Most annoying broad on the Planet".

JohninGpt
10-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Week to week.
I know we're winning some games, but it seems like it's always pretty close run. I guess I'd feel better with some more convincing W's.
My biggest question is: Are we playing down to our competition, or are we playing up to our competition?

tk13
10-21-2007, 08:23 PM
The biggest key game this season as far as the AFCW is concerned is our game up in DEN. If we can win there, then we have won all of our away division games which is huge, because our home division games we usually win. If that happens then we can have a good chance of winning this division. We just have to win the games we are suppose to win and hope to God SD doesn't start to gel together.
It's definitely hard to do, but we definitely need to focus on the division games. If we could steal that Denver away game and take care of business at home... San Diego would have to be pretty much perfect to pass us.

cdcox
10-21-2007, 08:25 PM
The other funny thing.... Is at first, everybody thought we were a 4-5 win team. Then everybody thought we were an 8-8 team. Now the mantra is that we have no chance of winning a 1st round playoff game, despite the fact that the AFC is pretty weak after the top 2. It's a good trend. Hopefully in another month it'll be "well maybe we can win a playoff game, but we'll never beat Indy or New England!" (Although that one is probably pretty realistic)

I still think we are 8-8 or 9-7 at best and will finish 2nd in the West.

Brock
10-21-2007, 08:28 PM
According to meccaca, the Chiefs have already won all the games they're going to.

RedandGold
10-21-2007, 08:29 PM
I am enjoying the fact that we beat SD and Oakland at their houses.

I am enjoying the fact that our defense has really stepped it up compared to the past six years.

I am enjoying watching Bowe.

I'm happy Tony G. got his record.

I am not happy with the offensive play calling

I am not happy the Chiefs are usually one bad defensive breakdown from losing every game because our offense is so damn inept.

I am REALLY not happy Huard is still starting when he's done everything but wear a neon sign around his neck that screams "CAREER BACKUP"

I am not happy with the fact our OL couldn't block a high school defensive line when it comes to run blocking.

I'm not happy that our esteemed QB consistently throws short of the first down marker on third down.

I am REALLY unhappy with our not-so-special teams this year.

So:

Like the D
Hate the O
Hate the ST
Hate the Coaches
Like the wins

Currently on the fence. Season can improve, but I'm still not convinced we'll finish over .500 this year.

But, we'll see . . .

That about sums it up for me...

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-21-2007, 08:30 PM

Actually, the only game so far we won that I didn't think we would was SD at SD.

I picked us for 6-10 to begin with. I think we'll finish 8-8, but we may steal another game between here and there.

Doesn't mean I think we've got a very good team. We're not horrible, but we're not a great team either.

Demonpenz
10-21-2007, 08:32 PM
I find it funny that people hate the coaches yet they got this team to first place at the bye week.

Molitoth
10-21-2007, 08:43 PM
We are ****ed until we get a new QB.

KcMizzou
10-21-2007, 08:57 PM
I find it funny that people hate the coaches yet they got this team to first place at the bye week.Heh.. no kidding.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-21-2007, 09:00 PM
I find it funny that people hate the coaches yet they got this team to first place at the bye week.

Somehow I am having trouble getting excited at being 1 game over .500 seven weeks into the season and seeing it as a major accomplishment.

First place at week 7 means jack shit. Nine more games to go to "be in first place" when it matters.

I think it's more an indication of how piss-poor the entire AFCW is this year.

Molitoth
10-21-2007, 09:07 PM
It doesn't matter if we win the West, we will get stomped first round in the playoffs until Solari gets a clue.

Brock
10-21-2007, 09:09 PM
It doesn't matter if we win the West, we will get stomped first round in the playoffs until Solari gets a clue.

Ha ha, yeah. Like who the offensive coordinator is would make this team competitive with the Patriots.

KCChiefsMan
10-21-2007, 09:32 PM
it's frustrating, but at least we're winning some games. I just wish we had an offense, we have the best TE that's ever lived and now 2 great RBs and a future stud at WR. We are capable of scoring some points, LJ will keep putting up the numbers he has been because the opposing defenses are going to continue to stack the line, they're not scared of our passing game at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2007, 10:06 PM
The fact that so many of us are optimistic proves how masterful Carl Peterson is as a businessman.

He maximizes profit with minimal risk, and his customers never question why they are always receiving an adequate, but not a truly high quality product.

Mecca
10-21-2007, 10:07 PM
It's good to see guys like Allen still improving, and Bowe's progress, the team still needs more talent but there are positives with some of the players already here.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2007, 10:12 PM
We still need a center, RG, RT, and we need to find out what we have from the QB position.

We need two young CBs who are starter-quality material, and I fear that we may need a SS. Pollard is a ST ace, but I just don't know if he's cut out to be a SS in a Cover 2, he's too damned undisciplined.

Of course, no team can be truly loaded in the era of the hard cap, but we need to address the majority of these positions before we can compete.

cdcox
10-21-2007, 10:16 PM
We still need a center, RG, RT, and we need to find out what we have from the QB position.

We need two young CBs who are starter-quality material, and I fear that we may need a SS. Pollard is a ST ace, but I just don't know if he's cut out to be a SS in a Cover 2, he's too damned undisciplined.

Of course, no team can be truly loaded in the era of the hard cap, but we need to address the majority of these positions before we can compete.

We also need another WR and a LB to replace D. Edwards in a year or two.

Agree on Pollard. I was also worried about Page, but he's looking like he might stick.

OnTheWarpath15
10-21-2007, 10:21 PM
We also need another WR and a LB to replace D. Edwards in a year or two.

Agree on Pollard. I was also worried about Page, but he's looking like he might stick.

Might as well round out the OL with a LT and LG.

Every starter on the OL is on the wrong side of 30, with no obvious replacement on the roster.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2007, 10:26 PM
I am enjoying this season.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5055/487847mn6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

wazu
10-21-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm loving it. I really believe we can win the division, and then win one home playoff game. After that I would not expect to win, but at this point I would be happy just to get the playoff win monkey off our backs.

cdcox
10-21-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm loving it. I really believe we can win the division, and then win one home playoff game. After that I would not expect to win, but at this point I would be happy just to get the playoff win monkey off our backs.

Not even the sock of death could accomplish that with this team.

Mecca
10-21-2007, 10:54 PM

I said the Pollard stuff last week and got ripped on....I just don't think he has the skill set to play in this kind of defense as a starting safety...

I still think that was a bad pick and I stand by that.

crazycoffey
10-21-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm in with a yes. Season could be better, but there have been many fun moments. Today was one of the better days. @SD still tops.....

Deberg_1990
10-21-2007, 10:57 PM
I fear that we may need a SS. Pollard is a ST ace, but I just don't know if he's cut out to be a SS in a Cover 2, he's too damned undisciplined.

Jesus...this team gave up 1 TD today.....

You act like this is 2003

MaxFects
10-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Looking forward to seeing the defense on the field is such a weird feeling, but Im getting used to it

Mecca
10-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Jesus...this team gave up 1 TD today.....

You act like this is 2003

He has this huge habit of not being in position and he's not fast enough to make up for it....

2 weeks in a row he's been late and it led to giving up a huge play. I think he might have a role as a hybrid role player and be valuable that way, I just don't think he has the skill set in this defense to be an every down starter.

You can get by with him but I don't think he's all that good at it.

Deberg_1990
10-21-2007, 11:01 PM
He has this huge habit of not being in position and he's not fast enough to make up for it....

2 weeks in a row he's been late and it led to giving up a huge play. I think he might have a role as a hybrid role player and be valuable that way, I just don't think he has the skill set in this defense to be an every down starter.

Perhaps, but im not ready to crucify him in his first year of starting.

crazycoffey
10-21-2007, 11:02 PM
how about page though, negative nancy?

wazu
10-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Not even the sock of death could accomplish that with this team.

We're 4-3, including 2-0 in division road games. Arrowhead is a beast when we have a good defense, and we have one. Let's look down the rest of the schedule...

Record, Divison Record

GB @ KC - W (5-3), (2-0)
DEN @ KC - W (6-3), (3-0)
KC @ IND - L (6-4), (3-0)
OAK @ KC - W (7-4), (4-0)
SD @ KC - L (7-5), (4-1)
KC @ DEN - W (8-5), (4-2)
TEN @ KC - W (9-5), (4-2)
KC @ DET - L (9-6), (4-2)
KC @ NYJ - W (10-6), (4-2)

That wins the division. Maybe we lose on the road to Denver. Maybe we win on the road to Detroit, or shock everybody and sweep San Diego. All I know is it's possible now. And a playoff win at home when our defense is rolling is also very possible.

cdcox
10-21-2007, 11:23 PM
We're 4-3, including 2-0 in division road games. Arrowhead is a beast when we have a good defense, and we have one. Let's look down the rest of the schedule...

Record, Divison Record

GB @ KC - W (5-3), (2-0)
DEN @ KC - W (6-3), (3-0)
KC @ IND - L (6-4), (3-0)
OAK @ KC - W (7-4), (4-0)
SD @ KC - L (7-5), (4-1)
KC @ DEN - W (8-5), (4-2)
TEN @ KC - W (9-5), (4-2)
KC @ DET - L (9-6), (4-2)
KC @ NYJ - W (10-6), (4-2)

That wins the division. Maybe we lose on the road to Denver. Maybe we win on the road to Detroit, or shock everybody and sweep San Diego. All I know is it's possible now. And a playoff win at home when our defense is rolling is also very possible.

I think we'll drop two of the following to finish 8-8: GB@KC, DEN@KC, KC@DEN, TEN@KC

|Zach|
10-21-2007, 11:27 PM
This has been a blast.

Dylan
10-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Are you enjoying this season?
If your a Patriots fan, it is a must.

You won't hear any complaints from them about the game. :D

I wonder what they must talk about?

(Patriots fan) "Hopefully, the Patriots can take the things that they did in today's game and make it better next week" (Patriots fan)

RedThat
10-21-2007, 11:44 PM
My feelings are mixed with the Chiefs as usual because they are mediocre?

They are what they are, mediocre. Just putting things in realistic perspective.

We still don't have a balanced team. We always go from extreme to the next. either a good offense or a good defense. Sure a win is always good. But this is no different from how they've always been. This is half a team were watching. Same stuff as usual with these guys.

The bottomline is, we ain't going anywhere. Half teams don't win in the playoffs. We all know that and seen that with our very own eyes. And that's what sucks. Play Indy or NE and we get smoked. I was watching NE today, and Im like, who is going to beat them? honestly. They make things look so easy. Brady has pretty unrealistic numbers. The numbers that you would see from your QB in a John Madden video game.

My drive and motivation for this season is sucked away by teams like the Pats and Colts. You just know that to go to the SB you have to go through them. If we by any chance pull the unthinkable by beating one of those teams, then that would change my whole attitude towards the season. Then call me really enjoyed.

This team reminds me of Baltimore. Great defense, no offense. And this is the thing, this style of play and philsophy Herm brought to this team is boring. I admit there is no thrill and excitement watching that kinda football. DV's teams were more exciting to watch, but Herms teams are better. That is the bottomline.

*I enjoy seeing the young guys play. Bowe is something, and Jared Allen is a stud. Donnie Edwards is making a difference on the defense. Derrick Johnson is becoming a better football player. Tony G is just amazing how he keeps doing it every year. Its good to see Priest back there. It is good to see LJ get a couple 100 yard games. The offensive line is disgusting. We need to rebuild it in the draft this year. And we need to do it badly. I think this team has a good core of players. That is good to see.

But the Pats or the Colts are going to win the SB. And as a fan, it's like oh man....this sucks because ultimately I want my team to win a bowl.

wazu
10-21-2007, 11:47 PM
I think we'll drop two of the following to finish 8-8: GB@KC, DEN@KC, KC@DEN, TEN@KC

And you may be right. That's a pefectly reasonable belief to have, and maybe I'm just being a homer. I think though, that this team is better than the one we had last year. Not by much, but our Defense is clearly better, and offense has D-Bowe. We went 9-7 last year in a division that was tougher than it is now.

We can easily fall apart and stink it up over the last 9 games, but I think we've arleady played the toughest part of our schedule and somehow emerged 4-3.

Basileus777
10-21-2007, 11:53 PM

He is still a first year starter, its a bit early to make these conclusions.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-22-2007, 12:01 AM
And you may be right. That's a pefectly reasonable belief to have, and maybe I'm just being a homer. I think though, that this team is better than the one we had last year. Not by much, but our Defense is clearly better, and offense has D-Bowe. We went 9-7 last year in a division that was tougher than it is now.

We can easily fall apart and stink it up over the last 9 games, but I think we've arleady played the toughest part of our schedule and somehow emerged 4-3.

I agree. I also think that as the season goes on we will improve as a team. Many people said back in August that this will be a different team in December from the one we saw line up in September. I see no reason why we can't win a playoff game, which at this point is my sole hope for this season.

That's why I'm on the fence though. I've never been satisfied with the idea of anything less than a Super Bowl victory. I am accustomed to expecting greatness from the Chiefs. This year not so much. I knew going in that we were rebuilding, and watching Indy and NE over the first half of the season has just reiterated the whole sentiment.

If we can win the division. It's worth it. If we can win the division AND a playoff game? Well, who gives a f*ck about Marty, DV, or any 13-3 record we've had in the last 15 years. That's the hex that no one can break. Herm for the Ring of honor if we win a mothergrabbing playoff game. PRINT EM!

Hootie
10-22-2007, 12:08 AM
That's because people on this board don't want to see this team be successful.

It's sad, really.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2007, 12:09 AM

It's sad, really.

When we lose in the playoffs this year the haters will be out in full force. It will be a failed season yet again and Herm will be a ****ing moron.

He'll also be the first Chiefs head coach to lead us to the playoffs in back to back seasons since...1994!

Hootie
10-22-2007, 12:11 AM
When we lose in the playoffs this year the haters will be out in full force. It will be a failed season yet again and Herm will be a ****ing moron.

He'll also be the first Chiefs head coach to lead us to the playoffs in back to back seasons since...1994!
And all of our young guys will get another playoff game or two under their belts...

and then, after the season, Herm can name Brodie the starter RIGHT AWAY this team if the Chiefs TRULY believe the guy is the future of the franchise...

Name him the guy, take the pressure off of him, and then he might not totally play himself out of the role in the preseason.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2007, 12:12 AM
And all of our young guys will get another playoff game or two under their belts...

and then, after the season, Herm can name Brodie the starter RIGHT AWAY this team if the Chiefs TRULY believe the guy is the future of the franchise...

Name him the guy, take the pressure off of him, and then he might not totally play himself out of the role in the preseason.

They won't do that. Croyle has to prove himself.

RedThat
10-22-2007, 12:12 AM

It's sad, really.

We want this team to be successful. Don't kid yourself. We're just sick and tired of this same Mediocrity crap over and over.

I think some fans just want to see this team with a good sense of direction on how to rebuild and retool towards a SB team.

Hootie
10-22-2007, 12:14 AM
We want this team to be successful. Don't kid yourself. We're just sick and tired of this same Mediocrity crap over and over.

I think some fans just want to see this team with a good sense of direction on how to rebuild and retool towards a SB team.
Is winning the AFC West mediocre? We have what we have at QB...Trent Green was our QB for the last 6 years and he got old and was traded, and it left us with Huard and Croyle and Croyle proved he wasn't capable of being a starting NFL QB (yet) in the preseason.

Now, it's time to either back Huard and the Chiefs and set a realistic goal for this season. Win a playoff game. Because we ALL know there is no getting by the Colts and Patriots...

Dylan
10-22-2007, 12:20 AM
RedBull:

I don't think there is a anybody who can cover Randy Moss. It doesn't matter who's covering him -- double coverage, triple coverage, the whole defense coverage.

No matter the defense or the situation. As long as Brady is throwing the ball, on the other side is Moss with the reception. Unbelievable.

4 catches 122 yds

RedThat
10-22-2007, 12:22 AM
Is winning the AFC West mediocre? We have what we have at QB...Trent Green was our QB for the last 6 years and he got old and was traded, and it left us with Huard and Croyle and Croyle proved he wasn't capable of being a starting NFL QB (yet) in the preseason.

Now, it's time to either back Huard and the Chiefs and set a realistic goal for this season. Win a playoff game. Because we ALL know there is no getting by the Colts and Patriots...

Have they won the AFC west?

No.

Realistically, this team can very well fall into either the 7-9, 8-8, 9-7, 10-6 category. That what I see from this team, no better no worse. They could still very well be mediocre? Or they could win the division?Either or.

I wouldn't say they are winning the AFC west. I hope they do. But they still have Denver, and San Diego to deal with. Winning the AFC west and a playoff game is a realistic goal. I hope this team can attain that. That would be good for a Chiefs fan to see, a 10-6 record win the division, and playoff game would be an improvement over last year.

10-22-2007, 12:25 AM
i enjoy winning but i still say we're doomed.
Rinse and repeat.

RedThat
10-22-2007, 12:25 AM
RedBull:

I don't think there is a anybody who can cover Randy Moss. It doesn't matter who's covering him -- double coverage, triple coverage, the whole defense coverage.

No matter the defense or the situation. As long as Brady is throwing the ball, on the other side is Moss with the reception. Unbelievable.

4 catches 122 yds

I agree

luv
10-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Yes, I'm enjoying it. Not because of our win/loss record, though. I understand who is who, what they're role is, and what's going on.

CupidStunt
10-22-2007, 04:16 AM
Yes. It's the Chiefs, it's about defense; they're getting better and they've won more than they've lost.

The Jacksonville win was sobering. We've managed to beat two bad teams since then, and neither was as close as the score indicates imo, but the scores will never be far apart due to Herm's philosophy. That part of it kinda sucks but it's not the end of the world; the NFL isn't the BCS.

Tempered by the lack of talent at key positions and overall poor coaching, I'm happy with the Chiefs and I still get excited watching them on Sundays.

OnTheWarpath15
10-22-2007, 08:25 AM
I love that people are talking playoffs in Week 7 when we're a game over .500......

Rausch
10-22-2007, 09:01 AM
This thread would have been better if Croyle would have started it...

Inspector
10-22-2007, 09:14 AM
I always enjoy every football season.

Because Halloween happens during football season and I get to have candy.

Hootie
10-22-2007, 12:00 PM
I love that people are talking playoffs in Week 7 when we're a game over .500......
We're 2-0 in the west and both games have been on the road...that's a telling stat.

Brock
10-22-2007, 12:01 PM

Almost as stupid as people talking about the Chiefs going 4-12 in preseason.

38yrsfan
10-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Especially when we beat OAKLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OnTheWarpath15
10-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Almost as stupid as people talking about the Chiefs going 4-12 in preseason.

I'm assuming your just making a point that has no direct correlation to me.

I've never once said they'd go 4-12.

I've been at 8-8 since before camp.

OnTheWarpath15
10-22-2007, 12:32 PM
We're 2-0 in the west and both games have been on the road...that's a telling stat.

Here's another telling stat:

The season has 16 games in it.

To be crowing about the playoffs, 7 weeks in, being 1 game over .500 is retarded.

Long way to go, and SD and Denver aren't gonna just roll over and hand us the division just because some people here are wishing really hard for it to happen.

First things first: Get ready for a good Green Bay team in two weeks.

NewChief
10-22-2007, 12:37 PM
True irony would be if the Chiefs end up going to the Superbowl and 75% of ChiefsPlanet spends 75% of the season griping about how shitty of a team they support and what a horrible season they're having.

Hootie
10-22-2007, 12:44 PM
True irony would be if the Chiefs end up going to the Superbowl and 75% of ChiefsPlanet spends 75% of the season griping about how shitty of a team they support and what a horrible season they're having.
That would make my life complete.

I cannot, however, wish injury upon Manning and Brady because that's what it would take PLUS some.

I'll be content with a playoff win, more than happy in all actuality. A playoff win this year = a VERY successful season.