PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock - Chiefs remain a mystery

Hammock Parties
10-21-2007, 11:31 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/327382.html

OAKLAND, Calif. | If your buddy tells you he’s figured out the Chiefs, he’s lying, crazy or both.

At 4-3, sitting atop the AFC West, with two road victories in California and headed into their bye week, the Chiefs haven’t figured out the Chiefs.

“I thought we’d be better than this,” Herm Edwards said after Kansas City’s hard-to-watch 12-10 victory over the Raiders. “But we’re not. We are what we are … Yeah, we’re in first place, but that’s not the key. It’s where we’re going to be in December.”

No one knows. The Chiefs are a mystery Nostradamus couldn’t solve.

Pretender or contender? It’s a crapshoot.

Oh, they give us clues from time to time. On Sunday at McAfee Coliseum, the Chiefs showed us that Edwards has instilled them with a level of toughness that had been missing during the Vermeil era.

Beyond that, I’m not sure what we witnessed on Sunday.

Yeah, Jared Allen continued his contract push, recording two more sacks, racing all over the field making tackles and impersonating Miami’s Jason Taylor, the league’s 2006 defensive player of the year.

And, yeah, Damon Huard sidestepped constant pass-rush pressure and delivered the ball downfield to Dwayne Bowe and Tony Gonzalez just enough times to make KC’s offense a cut below unacceptable.

And, in a very surprising twist, Larry Johnson conducted himself like a grown man for four quarters, gutted out a few tough runs, ripped off a thrilling 54-yarder and moved the chains at the end of the game when the Chiefs were trying to eat up the clock. Larry’s 112-yard, one-TD performance was his best of the season. His on-field demeanor and body language were appropriate and professional.

But all the good — including Jarrad Page’s game-winning interception, Alfonso Boone’s fourth-and-1 stop and Priest Holmes’ 8-yard run late — was offset by signs of trouble.

The Chiefs can’t protect the passer. And Herm Edwards’ game-day decisions remain highly questionable.

Huard was sacked twice, but he was hit all day. Warren Sapp owned the interior of Kansas City’s offensive line. Sapp, a 34-year-old future hall of famer — who entered Sunday’s game with zero sacks — disrupted Huard’s pocket all afternoon.

“We didn’t pass protect very well,” Edwards acknowledged. “Damon took a lot of hits.”

KC’s protection broke down inside and outside. The tackles struggled, too. Kansas City’s offensive line lost more than Will Shields and Willie Roaf over the last two years. The line lost Mike Solari, too. Solari, of course, was promoted to offensive coordinator. His role in KC’s years of excellent line play shouldn’t be overlooked.

But most troubling was Edwards’ decision to go for two points after the Chiefs scored a go-ahead TD with 11 minutes, 30 seconds to play. Johnson’s 1-yard plunge made the score 12-7. Given how poorly Oakland’s offense had performed, the smart, easy decision was to kick the extra point, which would force Oakland to kick two field goals to tie.

There was no reason to think the Raiders could score another TD. Their running game had given them nothing. Daunte Culpepper had been inconsistent and inaccurate at best. What the Chiefs wanted to avoid was bringing kicker Sebastian Janikowski into the picture as a potential game-winner.

Janikowski owns the NFL’s strongest leg. By going for two and failing, Edwards opened the possibility of Janikowski winning the game with two field goals. When the Raiders cut the lead to 12-10, it was easy to imagine Janikowski lining up for a game-winning 60-yard kick with the wind at his back.

Going for two was foolish, the kind of mistake that could’ve easily cost the Chiefs the game.

Whatever, the Chiefs won, they’ve got the bye to regroup offensively, and their defense continues to get stronger.

“Probably a lot of people anticipated us this year to only have four wins,” Edwards said.

Those people still have a chance to be right.

CoMoChief
10-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Well I do know this about the Chiefs.

They can beat bad teams, and usually will lose to the good ones, and if they play the good ones at home, then they sometimes can steal a win due to the Arrowhead factor.

The problem is that this equation equals out to a mediocre team that will be good enough to get a playoff berth but then will get beaten in the playoffs by the teams that truly belong in that category.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2007, 11:45 PM
I personally do not think we are a mystery - either in what the team identity is or how good they are.

Direckshun
10-21-2007, 11:47 PM
I think that's a fair article by Whitlock.

I honestly can't tell what exactly this team is, except that we're extremely susceptible to teams with great DLs and great rungames.

Rain Man
10-21-2007, 11:50 PM
But most troubling was Edwards’ decision to go for two points after the Chiefs scored a go-ahead TD with 11 minutes, 30 seconds to play. Johnson’s 1-yard plunge made the score 12-7. Given how poorly Oakland’s offense had performed, the smart, easy decision was to kick the extra point, which would force Oakland to kick two field goals to tie.

There was no reason to think the Raiders could score another TD. Their running game had given them nothing. Daunte Culpepper had been inconsistent and inaccurate at best. What the Chiefs wanted to avoid was bringing kicker Sebastian Janikowski into the picture as a potential game-winner.

Janikowski owns the NFL’s strongest leg. By going for two and failing, Edwards opened the possibility of Janikowski winning the game with two field goals. When the Raiders cut the lead to 12-10, it was easy to imagine Janikowski lining up for a game-winning 60-yard kick with the wind at his back.

Going for two was foolish, the kind of mistake that could’ve easily cost the Chiefs the game.

I'm sorry, but no. The correct answer is "go for two." However, we're glad to send you home with some consolation prizes. Johnny, tell him what he's won!

RedThat
10-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Imo, this teams true identity will be revealed once they play a good team.

RedThat
10-21-2007, 11:56 PM
I cant say I blame Herm for going for the 2 pter. It one of those things where, if they make it and the raiders come back to score it looks good on Herm.

But since they missed it, and say the Raiders come back to kick the game winning FG, Herm looks bad.

Either way, it's tough to call and blame Herm.

10-21-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm sorry, but no. The correct answer is "go for two." However, we're glad to send you home with some consolation prizes. Johnny, tell him what he's won!
I see Jason's point but hindsite is always 20/20. I wonder if he was really questioning going for two as it happened or just after it didn't work?

I was thrilled we were going for two.

10-21-2007, 11:58 PM
In that case, we already have our answer in how we played the Jags.

RedThat
10-22-2007, 12:01 AM

mmmm...yes and know.

The reason I say yes, is because we saw what a great defense did against a poor offense.

But, I think if we scored a TD on the first drive against the Jags, the whole complexity of the game woulda changed. Because they play different when they're behind.

tk13
10-22-2007, 12:02 AM
I thought we should've kicked the extra point. But I hate, hate, hate chasing points outside of the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter. That's a conservative thing to say, but I don't care. Sometimes it obviously depends on game situations, etc. If you're down 16 points in the 4th quarter, then yes you go for two. But when we did that today, I knew it was gonna come down to a FG.

10-22-2007, 12:03 AM
mmmm...yes and know.

The reason I say yes, is because we saw what a great defense did against a poor offense.

But, I think if we scored a TD on the first drive against the Jags, the whole complexity of the game woulda changed. Because they play different when they're behind.

Yeah, but when you have a coach that plays for field goals......

Hammock Parties
10-22-2007, 12:06 AM
But when we did that today, I knew it was gonna come down to a FG.

Except it didn't.

RedThat
10-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Except it didn't.

And lucky Page bailed Herm out.

SPchief
10-22-2007, 12:08 AM

That Sandy Eggo team is decent

Hammock Parties
10-22-2007, 12:08 AM

Herm put Page in a position to succeed. Who's idea do you think it was to play Page at nickel back? Sure as shit wasn't Gunther's.

SPchief
10-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Herm put Page in a position to succeed. Who's idea do you think it was to play Page at nickel back? Sure as shit wasn't Gunther's.

Says who? Last I checked, Gun is in charge of the defense.

10-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Not that day they were not.

Hammock Parties
Says who? Last I checked, Gun is in charge of the defense.

Last I checked Gun isn't exactly a genious. Herm has a huge hand in the defensive scheme.

tk13
Except it didn't.
I mean, in that they only needed a FG to win.

Rain Man
10-22-2007, 12:12 AM
There's no way that you don't go for two on that play.

We were up 12-7 in the fourth quarter. What's more likely to happen: the Raiders getting exactly two field goals in the fourth quarter, or the Raiders getting exactly one touchdown? The two-point call was completely the right call, and I will soundly thump on the nose with a newspaper anybody who disagrees with me.

SPchief
10-22-2007, 12:13 AM
Last I checked Gun isn't exactly a genious. Herm has a huge hand in the defensive scheme.

Can you prove that Herm put Page in the nickle slot?

DJ's left nut

They've played a good team, and JAX handed them their lunch.

This team's true identity will be revealed if/when they beat a good team.

I actually think the season will come down to the Titans game. Win and we make the playoffs, lose and we don't.

Hammock Parties
What's more likely to happen: the Raiders getting exactly two field goals in the fourth quarter, or the Raiders getting exactly one touchdown? .

We're the Chiefs. Losing to the Raiders by a field goal is a tradition.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Can you prove that Herm put Page in the nickle slot?

Can you prove he didn't?

When Gunther got here he wanted to start washed up Jerome Woods at safety. He'd probably STILL be here if it wasn't for Herm.

RedThat
10-22-2007, 12:15 AM
They've played a good team, and JAX handed them their lunch.

This team's true identity will be revealed if/when they beat a good team.

I actually think the season will come down to the Titans game. Win and we make the playoffs, lose and we don't.

Yeah, you may be right. That Tennessee game kinda scares me even though it's at home.

Rain Man
10-22-2007, 12:16 AM
We're the Chiefs. Losing to the Raiders by a field goal is a tradition.

(Thump.)

Bad! Bad poster!

(Thump.)

SPchief
10-22-2007, 12:17 AM
Can you prove he didn't?

When Gunther got here he wanted to start washed up Jerome Woods at safety. He'd probably STILL be here if it wasn't for Herm.

Why would I have to prove something that you are speculating about.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Why would I have to prove something that you are speculating about.

I didn't make it up. Basically you want to give Gunther credit instead of Herm, which is retarded. Herm isn't a genious, but he ain't no Gunther. Gunther has always needed a defensive head coach to hold his hand. He's got one now, and he puts his players in good positions to succeed. Gunther likes to double cover number one receivers with a pair of safeties. Yes, this actually happened once in a game.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2007, 12:20 AM
(Thump.)

Bad! Bad poster!

(Thump.)

Argue all you want. This is our history. Ve are cursed men.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6849/15ch214na5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

kcxiv
10-22-2007, 12:35 AM
And lucky Page bailed Herm out.Page didnt bail anyone out. Thats what Defense are supposed to do when teams are desperate inside 2 min. Page played the way Page is supposed to play. Good defenses make big plays when they count. Pages' int counted.

SPchief
10-22-2007, 12:37 AM
I didn't make it up.

Again, do you have proof?

MaxFects
10-22-2007, 01:00 AM
I completely disagree with the not going for two argument. Had he kicked the extra point I bet most of the media including Whitlock would be on Herm for martyball.

tk13
10-22-2007, 01:10 AM
I completely disagree with the not going for two argument. Had he kicked the extra point I bet most of the media including Whitlock would be on Herm for martyball.
No doubt about it. That's a can't win, you just gotta convert it.

Hootie
10-22-2007, 01:17 AM
No doubt about it. That's a can't win, you just gotta convert it.
Just like when Huard threw the deep ball to Bowe that was intercepted...

It was an unnecessary playcall, but either way, people cry and cry and cry about throwing the deep ball, or going downfield, and when it happens, and it gets picked, they cry about it and say we should have ran the ball...

and like the LJ pass...if that works, GENIUS...but instead they were chastised for not running the ball...

Blah blah blah.

I think Solari is a below average offensive coordinator but it's a lot tougher than everyone thinks, especially when Huard is AWFUL at setting up a screen (and some of it has to do with the fact he has to fear for his life everytime he takes a snap because our line is so bad)...

I don't want to see us try another screen pass all season long.

Nelson Muntz
10-22-2007, 02:28 AM

It was an unnecessary playcall, but either way, people cry and cry and cry about throwing the deep ball, or going downfield, and when it happens, and it gets picked, they cry about it and say we should have ran the ball...

and like the LJ pass...if that works, GENIUS...but instead they were chastised for not running the ball...

Blah blah blah.

I think Solari is a below average offensive coordinator but it's a lot tougher than everyone thinks, especially when Huard is AWFUL at setting up a screen (and some of it has to do with the fact he has to fear for his life everytime he takes a snap because our line is so bad)...

I don't want to see us try another screen pass all season long.

That was a poor throw and a poor decision by huard. The defender had inside position and huard still threw it inside. When people want us to throw the ball down the field, it comes with the assumption they want a smart throw.

Nelson Muntz
10-22-2007, 02:29 AM
Can you prove he didn't?

Can you prove he did? Other than your supposed inside information (speculation) ?

SPchief
10-22-2007, 02:34 AM
Can you prove he did? Other than your supposed inside information (speculation) ?

Nope.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2007, 02:48 AM
Amazing that people want to start crediting Gunther.

Nelson Muntz
10-22-2007, 02:52 AM
Nope.

Yeah I know. I can come up with some inside information and then barage everyone with the "can you prove I'm wrong" argument. It doesn't make me anymore right, but I guess goatcheese is above these rules.

I'd love to see goatcheese as a lawyer. "I have inside information that the suspect committed the crime, your honor. However I have no proof, but the defense can't prove that I'm wrong." ROFL

luv
10-22-2007, 02:53 AM
I didn't make it up. Basically you want to give Gunther credit instead of Herm, which is retarded. Herm isn't a genious, but he ain't no Gunther. Gunther has always needed a defensive head coach to hold his hand. He's got one now, and he puts his players in good positions to succeed. Gunther likes to double cover number one receivers with a pair of safeties. Yes, this actually happened once in a game.
What about our OC who seemingly needs someone to hold his hand as well? :(

Nelson Muntz
10-22-2007, 02:54 AM
Amazing that people want to start crediting Gunther.

I'm not crediting Gunther, just questioning your supposed inside information that you seem to have no proof to backup your claim.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2007, 02:55 AM
I'm not crediting Gunther, just questioning your supposed inside information that you seem to have no proof to backup your claim.

Well, you credit one or the other. Take your pick.

And I made no claim of inside information.

Nelson Muntz
10-22-2007, 02:58 AM
Well, you credit one or the other. Take your pick.

And I made no claim of inside information.

No I'm not making a decision either way. You are the one that has no proof to back up your claim. I don't know which it is right now. We will probably never know for sure. Including you. Where is your proof by the way?

Hammock Parties
10-22-2007, 03:00 AM
No I'm not making a decision either way. You are the one that has no proof to back up your claim. I don't know which it is right now. We will probably never know for sure. Including you. Where is your proof by the way?

It is a logical assumption given Gunther's history.

But the Herm Haters are so blind they refuse to credit him for anything. That is what it boils down to. I will credit Gunther for certain things and Herm for certain things. But, in my opinion, Herm deserves credit for Page. He knows his DBs, and he did the same thing in New York with two young safeties.

10-22-2007, 03:03 AM

But the Herm Haters are so blind they refuse to credit him for anything. That is what it boils down to. I will credit Gunther for certain things and Herm for certain things. But, in my opinion, Herm deserves credit for Page. He knows his DBs, and he did the same thing in New York with two young safeties.
Weren't you the leader of Hermwarfare at one point? :hmmm: :)

Hammock Parties
10-22-2007, 03:04 AM

Yes. Why do you ask?

luv
10-22-2007, 03:04 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Still, he shouldn't need proof for drawing his own conclusion. He was stating it as a matter of opinion, not fact.

10-22-2007, 03:13 AM
Yes. Why do you ask?
Just find it interesting how much your opinion of Herm has changed is all. Shows you have some flexibility.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2007, 03:15 AM
Just find it interesting how much your opinion of Herm has changed is all. Shows you have some flexibility.

Most definitely. I could no longer continue to rail against Herm while he continued making good decisions.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-22-2007, 03:28 AM

They did. The Jaguars wiped their asses with us.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-22-2007, 03:30 AM

They weren't when we played them.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-22-2007, 03:30 AM

Knock it off!!!!!1!11!!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
10-22-2007, 03:32 AM

We're 27-8 against them since 1990. I wouldn't call that cursed at all.

The Bad Guy
10-22-2007, 05:08 AM

What? So you want the Chiefs to beat someone good. They did that on the road and you want to nitpick and say "that day they weren't good"?

The logic baffles me.

HemiEd
10-22-2007, 05:27 AM
There's no way that you don't go for two on that play.

We were up 12-7 in the fourth quarter. What's more likely to happen: the Raiders getting exactly two field goals in the fourth quarter, or the Raiders getting exactly one touchdown? The two-point call was completely the right call, and I will soundly thump on the nose with a newspaper anybody who disagrees with me.

I agree, I hate getting whacked with a newspaper.

Inspector
10-22-2007, 06:11 AM
I agree, I hate getting whacked with a newspaper.

Well.........

sorta depends on what is getting whacked and where the whacking occurs.

tomahawk kid
10-22-2007, 06:55 AM

Blah blah blah.

Welcome to the thought process of 90% of the fanbase.

No matter WHAT this team does, they'll bitch.

I understand the frustration with this franchise, but I can honestly say that this "do no right mentality" is getting more annoying than anything.

Spott
10-22-2007, 07:11 AM
I agree with going for 2 at that point. It was a defensive struggle and the game was in the 4th quarter. I remember the time that Gunther didn't go for 2 in that situation back in 2000 and we ended up losing the game 17-16 to San Diego(their only win of the season) and Gunther caught hell for it.

I noticed that Fatlock forgot to mention that Priest fellow who "never wanted to play football again" was playing yesterday.

dirk digler
10-22-2007, 07:17 AM

I give credit to both but Gun he has a history of starting young safeties.

I distinctly remember the 97 13-3 season when we started rookies Woods and Tongue.

stevieray
10-22-2007, 07:22 AM

that's right, I''ll never understand why players just don't let the coaches down on purpose...what the hell was Page thinking?

InChiefsHeaven
10-22-2007, 07:28 AM
I was listening to the game on the radio, and it seems that there were 2(?) timeouts taken because of confusion and the fact that the OC didn't get a play in to Huard...

...the whole offense to me looked kinda like they were not on the same page a few times. I think the extra point try was an example, but execution is a huge issue for this team as well...especially on the offensive line...

Spott
10-22-2007, 07:31 AM
I give credit to both but Gun he has a history of starting young safeties.

I distinctly remember the 97 13-3 season when we started rookies Woods and Tongue.

Woods and Tongue did start that year, but they were both drafted in 1996.

bobbything
10-22-2007, 07:45 AM

Meh, you're referring to the 1999-2001 seasons. That's hardly the Chiefs "history" with the Raiders.

In reality, we've owned the raiders for the better part of nearly two decades. That 3 year hiccup isn't indicative of our dominance.

Rausch
10-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Meh, you're referring to the 1999-2001 seasons. That's hardly the Chiefs "history" with the Raiders.

In reality, we've owned the raiders for the better part of nearly two decades. That 3 year hiccup isn't indicative of our dominance.

And that hiccup is the only time in the last 25+ years they didn't completely suck...

mcan
10-22-2007, 08:01 AM
1) Woods was one of Gun's favorites back when we drafted the guy. When he came back he talked about Robinson's scheme and how they had "Jomie" in weird positions and how he thought that could be corrected. I don't fault Gun for that. His alternative was Jason Belser.

2) I highly doubt that the head coach is too concerned with specific personell decisions during a game. That's the coordinator's job. I've heard him say things like "get your best seven up front" and stuff like that, but during a game, the rotation system and the Coordinator are probably making those calls.

3) Going for 2 was the right thing to do specifically because our defense was playing well. The odds of them scoring on two consecutive possessions were TERRIBLE. We were counting on stopping them at least once out of the two remaining possessions that they were likely to get. So no matter who made that last 4th down stop, people would be complaining that we needed to be "bailed out" by that guy. It just happened to be Page this time, and it happened to be a big play instead of a turnover on downs. You just don't want to put your defense in a position where one blown coverage can lose a game.

4) That "lose by a field goal" curse was broken years ago, and even when it was active it didn't last as long as our current streak of OWNING the Raiders.

dirk digler
10-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Woods and Tongue did start that year, but they were both drafted in 1996.

Ahh thanks.

That even makes my point more valid. Starting Page and Pollard = Woods and Tongue in 97.

Easy 6
10-22-2007, 08:05 AM
I didnt really agree with going for 2, imagine if we had lost by 1 on a kick by that fat lush.

Since we did, i REALLY dont like letting LJ do his best Unitas impression...how about 31 & 27 in a split back set & let one of them launch???

Brock
10-22-2007, 08:08 AM
“Probably a lot of people anticipated us this year to only have four wins,” Edwards said.

Those people still have a chance to be right.

Right. Idiot.

BigRock
10-22-2007, 08:20 AM
This is a disgrace. The only acceptable column from Whitlock after yesterday's game would contain a lengthy admission regarding how he was totally wrong about Priest Holmes, with an apology to Priest thrown in for good measure.

Sure-Oz
10-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Except it didn't.
Thank goodness for page, cause they had time and probably get within a 55 yard fg, only for Jackifickowski to nail it!

el borracho
10-22-2007, 08:26 AM
There is no mystery- this team sucks. If we somehow luck into the playoffs (not likely, IMO) we will be exposed and humiliated again.

el borracho
10-22-2007, 08:28 AM
You're crazy. What do you think Gunther's job is, anyway?

el borracho
10-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Gun is a superior defensive coordinator when he has talented players. The fact that we are a better defensive team in the second half (true of his 90s defenses, also) is a good indicator that Gun is able to make in-game adjustments.

tomahawk kid
10-22-2007, 08:54 AM
I was listening to the game on the radio, and it seems that there were 2(?) timeouts taken because of confusion and the fact that the OC didn't get a play in to Huard...

...the whole offense to me looked kinda like they were not on the same page a few times. I think the extra point try was an example, but execution is a huge issue for this team as well...especially on the offensive line...

That's on Dick Curl, who both Huard and LJ obviously hate.

He needs to be shown the door after this season.

InChiefsHeaven
10-22-2007, 08:58 AM
BTW, Kris Wilson was open on the 2 point try...but it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway...

Rausch
10-22-2007, 08:59 AM
There is no mystery- this team sucks. If we somehow luck into the playoffs (not likely, IMO) we will be exposed and humiliated again.

So will everyone not from Indi or New England. WTF is going to beat either of those two outside of each other?

Chiefnj2
10-22-2007, 09:03 AM
So will everyone not from Indi or New England. WTF is going to beat either of those two outside of each other?

Jax has a chance tonight.

Rausch
10-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Jax has a chance tonight.

Tonight isn't a playoff game. Anything can happen but who honestly expects anyone other than NE/Indi in the championchip game?...

Extra Point
10-22-2007, 09:12 AM
That's on Dick Curl, who both Huard and LJ obviously hate.

He needs to be shown the door after this season.
Agreed, but Solari will go before Curl does. Curl wants that chair upstairs. He's farsighted. He's a far sight worse than Shea was with the Chiefs. (Of course, Shea and the Phins aren't having a banner year.)

Chiefnj2
10-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Tonight isn't a playoff game. Anything can happen but who honestly expects anyone other than NE/Indi in the championchip game?...

Indy is very good, but not nearly as dominant as NE has been been. Indy has a pretty rough stretch the next few weeks (IIRC) Jax, NE, SD, KC.

Sure-Oz
10-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Was Huard yelling at Curl, saying "thats your fault!" at the sidelines?

Spott
10-22-2007, 09:23 AM

No one will beat them in the playoffs. This season, like most of the past 5 comes down to who will win the NE/INDY game in the playoffs. It reminds me of the SF/Dallas matchups of the early 90's. The real Super Bowl will be played two weeks before the big game.

MOhillbilly
10-22-2007, 10:26 AM
i know the ID of this team.
we force other teams to play to our suckness.

el borracho
10-22-2007, 01:54 PM
There are teams that can beat Indi and NE but the Chiefs are not one of them. If the Chiefs played NE ten times this year NE would win all ten, probably by an average of 20 points.

HemiEd
10-22-2007, 01:58 PM
that's right, I''ll never understand why players just don't let the coaches down on purpose...what the hell was Page thinking?

No kidding! ROFL

HemiEd
10-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Was Huard yelling at Curl, saying "thats your fault!" at the sidelines?

I think so, it was priceless, since we won. OJT for the coaches, why us?

Brock
10-22-2007, 02:12 PM
There are teams that can beat Indi and NE but the Chiefs are not one of them. If the Chiefs played NE ten times this year NE would win all ten, probably by an average of 20 points.

You could say that about nearly every team in the league.