PDA

View Full Version : Brady vs Manning, you decide.

Saulbadguy
10-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Let's say that one of these QB's is upset with the management of their current team, and would like traded. The Chiefs are in position to get Tom Brady or Peyton Manning for simply a 2nd round draft pick. Now, I realize the situation is laughable, but forgetting all that, who would you rather have leading our team?

Deberg_1990
10-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Brady

StcChief
10-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Brady he makes avg. guys look great

OnTheWarpath15
10-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Brady.

He's won 3 SB's with average offensive talent, so I know he could get by here.

Manning has always been surrounded by great offensive talent. Not sure he could play anywhere near his current level without it. Plus, I don't think he has the temperment to deal with the situation here.

Let's just say, "protection issues."

mcan
10-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Either is a very capable quarterback and there is no question that these are the two best in the league.

However, I think Peyton is the better talent. He has better vision and makes better decisions on a routine basis. I believe he would have a higher chance of success in our "manage the ball" system and would probably make Solari look better. Brady is a product of a great system, team, and he obviously has practiced those plays over and over. His success is predicated on his timing more so than Manning's.

Brock
10-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Either one would be fine with me.

Sure-Oz
10-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Huard, he's a gamer!!!!!11

Deberg_1990
10-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Honestly, if we could take any young QB in todays game, id have to go with Vince Young. Huge upside there.

Simply Red
10-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Easy.

Brady.

Amnorix
10-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Either is a very capable quarterback and there is no question that these are the two best in the league.

However, I think Peyton is the better talent. He has better vision and makes better decisions on a routine basis. I believe he would have a higher chance of success in our "manage the ball" system and would probably make Solari look better. Brady is a product of a great system, team, and he obviously has practiced those plays over and over. His success is predicated on his timing more so than Manning's.

Yeah....no.

27 TDs and 2 picks. Brady's vision and decision-making are just fine. Really...

Manning has had the same offensive coach, OLine coach and a stable cast of great WRs for his entire career. How can Brady have practiced hsi plays more with the same people than Manning? How can his "system" be better?

They're both elite, but I'll take Brady. Now that Brady has his elite WRs, we're seeing that he can put up number equal to or better than anything Manning has done, disproving forever the "system QB" knock that he had on him.

Easy 6
10-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Brady in a landslide.

He won with inferior talent, he wins with superior talent.

He's on a pace to completely demolish Mannings TD record.

mcan
10-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Yeah....no.

27 TDs and 2 picks. Brady's vision and decision-making are just fine. Really...

Manning has had the same offensive coach, OLine coach and a stable cast of great WRs for his entire career. How can Brady have practiced hsi plays more with the same people than Manning? How can his "system" be better?

They're both elite, but I'll take Brady. Now that Brady has his elite WRs, we're seeing that he can put up number equal to or better than anything Manning has done, disproving forever the "system QB" knock that he had on him.

Not trying to call him a "System" quarterback. I've just seen what precision practice can do to an offense (that's what we had around here during Vermeil's run). I don't think that's how Dungy practices, and it certainly isn't the way Manning performs. Manning is making adjustments to the play nearly every time he lines up, and it seems like they don't even bother to specify a "hot" reciever. More like he's improving. Brady doesn't look like he's improving. He looks like he's part of a well oiled machine. When he makes those dazzling throws across the field 15 yards deep, it looks like he's practiced that exact throw a zillion times. It looks like the routes around that throw are designed to get that one guy crossing freed up. It doesn't look like improv to me.

The fact is, in Herm's offense.... Which is the least precise offense I've ever seen... We need a quarterback who can adjust on the fly, improvise in a pinch, and sling the ball to guys who are barely open. Seems like Manning fits the bill a bit more.

Deberg_1990
10-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Oh..another reason:

Brady, because Manning is a complete doofus and Brady gets better ass.

Sure-Oz
10-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Brady is an excellent QB and always has been, he just didn't have WR's worth shit and he made them look good, now he has real one's and he looks great!

BucEyedPea
10-22-2007, 09:16 AM
I'd want y'all to have Brady since you're such a likable bunch and I feel your pain reading your football threads on Sundays/Mondays. Besides, he's better looking of the two...so that'd make the ladies here happy.

Otter
10-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Brady has much more poise from what I've seen. Brady.

BWillie
10-22-2007, 09:40 AM
I think Manning is the better talent, but I would still pick Brady. Brady has it. Whatever it is, he has it. When it is crunch time this guy performs. Brady is going to end up being revered higher than Joe Montana as the best QB to play the game. He has the intangibles that you don't teach, and the leadership you need in a QB.

Sure-Oz
10-22-2007, 09:48 AM
I think Manning is the better talent, but I would still pick Brady. Brady has it. Whatever it is, he has it. When it is crunch time this guy performs. Brady is going to end up being revered higher than Joe Montana as the best QB to play the game. He has the intangibles that you don't teach, and the leadership you need in a QB.
Plus he can impregnate 2 supermodels at the same time, can peyton say that?!

RustShack
10-22-2007, 09:50 AM
I used to go so much shit the last couple years for saying I would rather have Brady than Manning, and look at this poll now. HAHA (not saying all you guys because I havn't been here the last couple years)

Basileus777
10-22-2007, 09:56 AM
I'll take Brady, but I seem to be in the majority now...

Molitoth
10-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Manning has always been surrounded by great offensive talent

Oh, they just happened to be great? Did none of those guys earn thier greatness by kicking ass as a team? Pats have had just as much O-talent, look at the rings on thier fingers.

Brady is damn amazing, but I would take Manning over Brady, easy call.

Amnorix
10-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Yes, the worm has turned on this topic. But Brady is just the flavor of the month. If Moss goes to another team and Brady puts up pedestrian numbers again next year, it'll be back to Manning and his stats.

Stats are great, but ultimately being a QB the NFL is about performing under pressure, winning, and leadership. Brady does all those things as well as anyone who has ever put on a uniform.

And he did it in hsi early years with a helluva lot less talent than some of the teams he beat.

Part of that is BB and good coaching, and part of it is Brady being ridiculously good.

Molitoth
10-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Stay the course and stick with Huard [ 2 ] 5.26%

Looks like Gochiefs and Hootie visited the poll.

Sure-Oz
10-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Yes, the worm has turned on this topic. But Brady is just the flavor of the month. If Moss goes to another team and Brady puts up pedestrian numbers again next year, it'll be back to Manning and his stats.

Stats are great, but ultimately being a QB the NFL is about performing under pressure, winning, and leadership. Brady does all those things as well as anyone who has ever put on a uniform.

And he did it in hsi early years with a helluva lot less talent than some of the teams he beat.

Part of that is BB and good coaching, and part of it is Brady being ridiculously good.
Why wouldn't Moss re-sign? it's an ideal situation.

The Franchise
10-22-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm biased....I hate Brady. Therefore I'll take Manning.