PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Nap Harris vs. Kawika Mitchell

Direckshun
10-23-2007, 12:55 AM
Just wondering where you'd stand on this particular issue.

Mitchell doesn't have Harris' versatility, but he was a tackling machine. Harris puts up decent numbers tackling, but I doubt he'll top Mitchell's tackling numbers from 2006.

Mitchell displays a lot more fire on the field, but Harris is undoubtably the better field general.

Harris is also a lot faster, and better in coverage. A classic Cover 2 MLB.

But that's my opinion. Yours?

luv
10-23-2007, 12:58 AM
Based on my very limited knowledge, I thought Mitchell was doing very well, and I was suprised when he got released. However, based on what you said, and what I had heard, in general, about his lack of speed, I can see why Herm would release him and get someone who can cover more of the field. Truth be told, though, I miss Mitchell.

Hammock Parties
I miss Kawika's hitting ability. Other than that, Nap is teh man.

Direckshun
Another thing.

Mitchell at least displays the desire to be a team leader. Whereas Harris doesn't really show any inclination, he just does his job and leaves the leadership up to Donnie.

Direckshun
10-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Based on my very limited knowledge, I thought Mitchell was doing very well, and I was suprised when he got traded. However, based on what you said, and what I had heard, in general, about his lack of speed, I can see why Herm would trade him and get someone who can cover more of the field. Truth be told, though, I miss Mitchell.
Just FYI, to beat the hounds that'll rush in to correct you, we released Mitchell. We didn't trade him.

Fishpicker
10-23-2007, 01:00 AM
mitchell floundered in deep zones. he looked like a retard when he tried to tackle. I'l settle for harris because he can at least wrap up and drop back.

harris> maslowski > patton > mitchell

luv
10-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Just FYI, to beat the hounds that'll rush in to correct you, we released Mitchell. We didn't trade him.
Fixed it. Thanks for the heads up.

Hootie
10-23-2007, 01:16 AM
First off, Mitchell was better than Maslowski...just thought I'd point that out.

Mitchell got a bad rap here, he was a good LB in the wrong scheme.

kcchiefsus
10-23-2007, 01:17 AM

Looks like the hounds are in to correct you.

We didn't release Mitchell. He was a free agent who we didn't resign.

Hootie
10-23-2007, 01:19 AM
Looks like the hounds are in to correct you.

We didn't release Mitchell. He was a free agent who we didn't resign.
QFT

beer bacon
10-23-2007, 01:39 AM
Tackle-wise, it isn't fair to compare Mitchell and Harris. Mitchell had Bell playing WLB, so of course he was going to get a bunch of tackles. DE is a tackling machine.

Fishpicker
10-23-2007, 01:46 AM
First off, Mitchell was better than Maslowski...just thought I'd point that out.

Mitchell got a bad rap here, he was a good LB in the wrong scheme.

when you said Huard > Croyle, I let that go

Mitchell was the poor man's Polamalu. a good LB in the wrong scheme can be ammended to read; the wrong LB.

Hootie
10-23-2007, 02:26 AM

Mitchell was the poor man's Polamalu. a good LB in the wrong scheme can be ammended to read; the wrong LB.
I don't know if this makes any sense.

Zeke Ziggle
10-23-2007, 02:37 AM

did i miss something or can you now make comparison between players who play different positions.

Mecca
10-23-2007, 03:13 AM
Mitchell ****in sucked, I said that forever.....Harris is solid which makes him better than Mitchell by a good degree.

Bob Dole
10-23-2007, 04:03 AM
Mitchell is just another example of how our starters would be backups on any other NFL team.[/Mecca]

You know...except for that whole "first on the depth chart" thing in NY.

Mecca
10-23-2007, 04:12 AM
And the Giants defense isn't exactly good.....they have awesome ends but after that it's like uhh.

Bob Dole
10-23-2007, 04:28 AM
And the Giants defense isn't exactly good.....they have awesome ends but after that it's like uhh.

Yeah. They're only 8th in total defense.

Mecca
10-23-2007, 04:31 AM
How is that even possible they gave up 45 to Dallas and 30 something to Green Bay...and 24 to the Jets..

Jamie
10-23-2007, 04:37 AM
did i miss something or can you now make comparison between players who play different positions.

It always amuses me when race is the first criteria for comparing players.

beer bacon
10-23-2007, 05:37 AM
How is that even possible they gave up 45 to Dallas and 30 something to Green Bay...and 24 to the Jets..

The scoring defense is still 16th in the NFL, but they have really improved after that horrible start. They are giving up 13.8 ppg since allowing 70 points in the first two games.

Mecca
10-23-2007, 05:38 AM
They have 3 awesome ends, Kiwanuka is a bit of a hybrid and they go to a 4 DE line at times. Pierce is good and Ross has been solid...

That D is still a bit eh but they have some talent.

boogblaster
10-23-2007, 05:40 AM
KM had a big tackle number because of the D line ... NH in fairness to KM hasn't had to make the tackles because of a better D line this year.. that said KM played too far off the line, tackled most after a 5 to 6 yard gain plus was lost in pass coverage... so NH gets my vote so far ....

beer bacon
10-23-2007, 05:46 AM
They have 3 awesome ends, Kiwanuka is a bit of a hybrid and they go to a 4 DE line at times. Pierce is good and Ross has been solid...

That D is still a bit eh but they have some talent.

Their pass rush is just insane. Kiwi, Tuck, Osi, and Strahan have a combined 23 sacks between them.

the Talking Can
10-23-2007, 06:11 AM
i don't miss Mitchell, he was too easy to block out of a play, took bad angles....have fun in NY, don't ever come back....

Deberg_1990
10-23-2007, 06:14 AM
I miss Mitchell about as much as i miss William Bartee and Snoop Minnis.

Hoover
10-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Night vs. Day

I'm verry happy with Nap. Sure he's not flashy but we sure see Edwards and DJ free to make some plays. Football isn't always about individual states, especially on defense.

Skip Towne
10-23-2007, 06:51 AM
I miss Mitchell whiffing the QB.

EyePod
10-23-2007, 06:55 AM
Apparently Kawika was in jeopardy of losing his starting position to Gerris Wilkinson after the second week. (He posted his best numbers tackle-wise during that game). Tackles aren't a good stat to look at. And by the way, if you spread out Harris's tackles over the rest of the season, he'll have more than Kawika's 2006 numbers:

49 tackles / (7 games) = 7 Tackles/Game

7 Tackles/Game * 16 Games = 112 Tackles

112 Tackles (Harris) > 104 (2006 Kawika Tackles) OR 105 (2005 Kawika Tackles)

So not only have you been a complete moron when saying that Harris won't have as many tackles as Mitchell, you didn't even compare this imaginary number of tackles that Harris will have to Mitchell's best year! You should try to isleptwithyourmomdireckshun make a better argument next time.

the Talking Can
10-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Mitchell with a fat 0....smart fans

Chiefnj2
10-23-2007, 07:34 AM
I'm surprised Nap has stayed healthy. I was afraid he would be Tinker Bell part II.

trndobrd
10-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Mitchell with a fat 0....smart fans

Sims was a fat 0

Stinger
10-23-2007, 08:33 AM
I miss Mitchell whiffing the QB.

QFT

It seemed he always had a free shot at the QB and then whiff missed him. And more than likely it was on a 3rd and long. :banghead:

Stinger
10-23-2007, 08:38 AM
Sims was fat

FYP

Only thing Sims did in his years here that I remember was the interception in the Sunday Night game vs Buffalo. And the stop of Denver's 4th and 1 two years ago at Arrowhead. Other than that I remember him getting blown off the line time after time.

trndobrd
10-23-2007, 08:40 AM
FYP

Only thing Sims did in his years here that I remember was the interception in the Sunday Night game vs Buffalo. And the stop of Denver's 4th and 1 two years ago at Arrowhead. Other than that I remember him getting blown off the line time after time.

He was also a zero....and fat

donkhater
10-23-2007, 08:45 AM
I thought Mitchell started tackling better, but he had a hard time getting off blocks, which Harris seems to do better.

Mitchell absolutely was the worst at finishing a blitz. He usually timed it great, but man, did he whiff.

I can't say he particulary stood out in coverage, but seeing as how I really haven't seen Harris get beat much, I have to assume he is doing it well. All in all, Harris is definately an upgrade IMO.

BigChiefFan
10-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Napolean Harris has been the unsung hero of the Chiefs defense. He was a FA acquisition that has really paid off. His coverage skills are second to none, okay Urlacher, but not many are that good in coverage being the size of LBer that he is. He is also fundamentally sound when tackling, something Mitchell never was. I'm very pleased with Harris' play up to this point.

Chiefnj2
09-05-2008, 07:35 AM
bump

Consistent1
09-05-2008, 08:17 AM
bump

Not trying to stir the pot, are we? Haha. I would take Mitchell back at this point.

MOhillbilly
09-05-2008, 08:39 AM
mitchell floundered in deep zones. he looked like a retard when he tried to tackle. I'l settle for harris because he can at least wrap up and drop back.

harris> maslowski > patton > mitchell

mitchell just didnt have the body to play physical coupled with his inability to play zone coverage, ya he looked like a tard.

CoMoChief
09-05-2008, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=Direckshun;4317742]Another thing.

Mitchell at least displays the desire to be a team leader.QUOTE]

Too bad that doesn't mean shit if you don't prove it on the field from leading by example.

Heart and desire go only so far before at some point, talent steps in.

triple
09-05-2008, 09:14 AM
mitchell was much better than the harris we 'upgraded' to.

Deberg_1990
09-05-2008, 09:23 AM
HAHAH..this thread is comedy gold.

Rausch
09-05-2008, 09:27 AM
mitchell was much better than the harris we 'upgraded' to.

Ditto.

I'll watch a game taped from the week before looking for reasons to rip Nappy and he's just...not...there.

He's not near the ball, he's not in on plays, it's like he's Predator cloaked or something. At least you could bag on Kawika for the sure sack he managed to miss or half-tackle before someone like Trent Dilfer managed to elude him.

Nappy isn't even on screen...

triple
09-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Ditto.

I'll watch a game taped from the week before looking for reasons to rip Nappy and he's just...not...there.

He's not near the ball, he's not in on plays, it's like he's Predator cloaked or something. At least you could bag on Kawika for the sure sack he managed to miss or half-tackle before someone like Trent Dilfer managed to elude him.

Nappy isn't even on screen...

yes. Mitchell was nothing special, but like it or not, a team won a Super Bowl with him starting at MLB.

He missed some plays but made more than he missed.

Having Napoleon Harris on your team is like playing with 10 guys on defense.

Mr. Laz
09-05-2008, 09:56 AM
meh .... a lose/lose situation

if i had to choose i would go with Mitchell

stupid ...... but athletic

Chiefnj2
09-05-2008, 09:56 AM
yes. Mitchell was nothing special, but like it or not, a team won a Super Bowl with him starting at MLB.

He missed some plays but made more than he missed.

Having Napoleon Harris on your team is like playing with 10 guys on defense.

He played OLB for the Giants.

KCrockaholic
09-05-2008, 10:40 AM
I thought Mitchell was much better than Harris. Harris didnt do crap last year, thats why hes no longer starting. Mitchell atleast improved every year thanks to Gunther. I dont see Harris every being a good player in the NFL..... Go Pat Thomas!

suds79
09-05-2008, 11:17 AM
How is Harris leading this vote after being benched after 1 year as the starter?

the Talking Can
09-05-2008, 11:21 AM
they both suck

SAUTO
09-05-2008, 11:35 AM
reading this thread you would think harris had 2 tackles total last year(his first with us) if you all need reminding the guy had OVER 100 TACKLES LAST YEAR. he didnt make the huge game changing plays but still over 100 come on

Deberg_1990
09-05-2008, 11:43 AM
reading this thread you would think harris had 2 tackles total last year(his first with us) if you all need reminding the guy had OVER 100 TACKLES LAST YEAR. he didnt make the huge game changing plays but still over 100 come on

Every middle linebacker has decent tackle stats.

I mean, they are right in the middle of the field, how could they not always be around the ball??

chiefs1111
09-05-2008, 11:46 AM
After thinking about it for a little while,I think id rather have neither....

Molitoth
09-05-2008, 11:50 AM
How is Harris leading this vote after being benched after 1 year as the starter?

This thread was started last year when Harris was actually doing well at the beggining of the season, then dissapeared.

kcxiv
09-05-2008, 11:53 AM
NM. la la la la la

kcxiv
09-05-2008, 11:55 AM
mitchell just didnt have the body to play physical coupled with his inability to play zone coverage, ya he looked like a tard.

He had the body. He was strong and when he did hit people they flew backwards. IMO his only problem was he tended to over react to plays.

KCrockaholic
09-05-2008, 02:08 PM
I guess i would have rather kept Mitchell, and not ever signed Harris. Mitchell was pretty good in NY. now the Bills have him

SAUTO
09-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Every middle linebacker has decent tackle stats.

I mean, they are right in the middle of the field, how could they not always be around the ball??

thats great but people are saying that the guy DID NOTHING LAST YEAR,
100+ tackles=nothing?

SBK
09-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Both suck. You missed that option last year sir!

Deberg_1990
09-05-2008, 05:37 PM
thats great but people are saying that the guy DID NOTHING LAST YEAR,
100+ tackles=nothing?

No of course not. I was just trying to say that the tackle stat for a MLB is a little inflated in the overall evaulation.

I would be willing to bet most NFL MLB's have 100-200 tackles a year.

FAX
09-05-2008, 05:42 PM
I always thought that if KM hadn't whiffed on so many quarterback blitzes, he would probably still be here and people would like him. I'll bet that he had clear shots at the quarterback more than half a dozen times and ran by the guy every, single time. That kind of stuff will turn the fans against you.

I also thought he was treated poorly here by the "veteran" defensive players (Law, Surtain, etc.). It seemed as though they just sort of laughed at his enthusiasm. At this point, even though he didn't have the kind of mobility a MLB really needs in the C2 scheme, I'd rather have him than Harris, but I'm glad he's still in the league and contributing.

FAX