PDA

View Full Version : So much for Jax vaunted rush defense

FringeNC
10-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Indy: 141 yards, 5.3 ypc with the backup LT. Turns out Indy throws the ball against 8-9 fronts instead of banging their heads on the wall.

Molitoth
10-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Turns out Indy throws the ball against 8-9 fronts instead of banging their heads on the wall.

Dungy is smart. Herm is dumb.

Direckshun
10-23-2007, 10:11 AM
I'd hate to be a Jags fan.

My team churns out a solid offense, with a Top 5 defense year in and year out, but Manning always finds a way to beat you. Just about every single time.

I imagine there are more people that want to slaughter Peyton Manning in Jacksonville than anywhere else on the planet.

FringeNC
10-23-2007, 10:15 AM

My team churns out a solid offense, with a Top 5 defense year in and year out, but Manning always finds a way to beat you. Just about every single time.

I imagine there are more people that want to slaughter Peyton Manning in Jacksonville than anywhere else on the planet.

They get slaughtered in the playoffs because "play-not-to-lose" football does not work against good teams in the playoffs.

The Franchise
10-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Peyton Manning > Damon Huard

FringeNC
10-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Peyton Manning > Damon Huard

What starting QB in the NFL isn't better?

The Franchise
10-23-2007, 10:27 AM
What starting QB in the NFL isn't better?
Travarious Jackson

Mr. Plow
10-23-2007, 10:28 AM

Probably because 3rd & 14 isn't a give up down for Indy.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Turns out Indy throws the ball against 8-9 fronts instead of banging their heads on the wall.

Actually it turns out Indy can block seven in the box. We can't.

suds79
10-23-2007, 11:51 AM

Wow really?

It isn't that the Jags have to worry about Peyton Manning?
It isn't that the Colts O-line is better?

The Bad Guy
10-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Travarious Jackson

Trent Edwards, Tavaris Jackson, Byron Leftwich, Cleo Lemon, Chad Pennington.

kcxiv
10-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Dungy is smart. Herm is dumb.They are basically the same coach. Herm just doesnt have Payton Manning back there to make every throw that a QB can make.

Chief Henry
10-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Indy's Off. Line > KC Off. Line

The Franchise
10-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Joey Harrington when he starts. Brian Griese/Rex Grossman.

morphius
10-23-2007, 12:25 PM
My favorite thing is that we know that we are not running blocking well, so what we do is bring in everyone tight except 1 WR. Nothing like bringing in 10 men in the box with the 11th peeking in.

tk13
10-23-2007, 01:42 PM
The only thing I think is off is the number of people complaining that Peyton Manning goes for it on 3rd and 14. Well no kidding. Did you watch some of the throws he made last night? If Huard could make throws like that, we'd be slinging it deep on 3rd and long too. There aren't many humans who can throw it right on the hands in a 1-2 yard hole between three defenders 20 yards down the field like that.

FringeNC
10-23-2007, 01:45 PM

No way Huard is better than Chad Pennington.

HemiEd
10-23-2007, 02:04 PM

I disagree, I would take Huard over Pennington. I hope like hell some of the prognositicators are wrong and we don't end up with him. :Lin:

The Franchise
10-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Huard has a stronger arm than Pennington. And that says alot about their arms.

FringeNC
10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
I disagree, I would take Huard over Pennington. I hope like hell some of the pronositicators are wrong and we don't end up with him. :Lin:

They both blow. Pennington though is far more accurate, can read defenses better, and can look off his receivers, something Damon can't do at all.

Also, I think Huard checks down even more. Other than the long pass to Bowe, Huard's yards per attempt was right around 4 -- that is just pathetic.

OnTheWarpath15
10-23-2007, 02:11 PM
I disagree, I would take Huard over Pennington. I hope like hell some of the pronositicators are wrong and we don't end up with him. :Lin:

Not that I want Pennington, but Chad has a better completion percentage, QB rating and 3 more TD passes with the same INT's than Damon.

All while having just as bad as a rushing attack as we do, and having 1 true weapon in Coles.

HemiEd
10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
They both blow. Pennington though is far more accurate, can read defenses better, and can look off his receivers, something Damon can't do at all.

Also, I think Huard checks down even more. Other than the long pass to Bowe, Huard's yards per attempt was right around 4 -- that is just pathetic.

You make good points, but I think Croyle could throw better off his back foot than either of them with a running start.
Did you see his wind up on that long pass? He didn't hold anything back, he put it all into it. Couple more yards on it and Bowe could have scored.

HemiEd
10-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Not that I want Pennington, but Chad has a better completion percentage, QB rating and 3 more TD passes with the same INT's than Damon.

All while having just as bad as a rushing attack as we do, and having 1 true weapon in Coles.

I stand corrected, Pennington would be a slight upgrade. He just has that injury stigma with me. How many times has he completed a season?

Hammock Parties
10-23-2007, 02:19 PM
I stand corrected, Pennington would be a slight upgrade.

Unbelievable. People bitch about Huard's arm strength, but Pennington's is FAR weaker.

FringeNC
10-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Unbelievable. People bitch about Huard's arm strength, but Pennington's is FAR weaker.

I actually don't think that's true. There is no doubt that Pennington is the better QB overall, though. He has a lifetime QB rating of 90.

You keep forgetting that NO ONE ELSE IN THE NFL WANTED HUARD. No one. All you Huard nut-swingers claimed that Huard would be a hot property after last year. I laughed. You simply lose all credibility pimping Huard -- he's awful and any casual NFL fan can see that.

HemiEd
10-23-2007, 02:33 PM

Lets pretend what you say is true, even though it probably isn't. I would prefer a QB that has some sense about looking off receivers.

I am to the point now, that I am more concerned about Bowe's and Tony's health than anything else.

When this Huard fiasco is over, I want them still available and able to walk.

StcChief
10-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Lets pretend what you say is true, even though it probably isn't. I would prefer a QB that has some sense about looking off receivers.

I am to the point now, that I am more concerned about Bowe's and Tony's health than anything else.

When this Huard fiasco is over, I want them still available and able to walk.

I agree he hangs 'em out to dry at times.... Jump balls etc. can he hit anyone in stride. Bowe once....

I really don't see Huard finishing season

HemiEd
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
I agree he hangs 'em out to dry at times.... Jump balls etc. can he hit anyone in stride. Bowe once....

I really don't see Huard finishing season

I don't remember Tony ever taking a worse hit than that one Sunday. Maybe he has, but I don't remember it.