PDA

View Full Version : I genuinely love that we're 4-3.

Direckshun
10-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Everything this team has had to sort through this year, the fact that we're better than .500 and atop the division is great to savor.

To quote petegz28 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172976): They started their first 1/4 season playing 3 of 4 on the road

2 of their first 3 home games were against teams coming off a bye

They played and won their only 2 division games on the road

The starting RB held out of camp

The starting QB gimped through camp

The star player on D missed the first 2 games

Our #1 WR went down first play of the season
In addition to that, look where we are. First place in the division, 2-0 in the division (both wins on the road), and over .500. We've got a top 10 D, among the league leaders in sacks and negative yardage.

A candidate for ROY in Bowe. A DL that's among the best is pass rush. Tony G's having the best year of his life so far. Holmes has returned to give us potentially the best one-two in football. We might have as many as four Pro Bowlers on this team who weren't Pro Bowlers before, or haven't been for a long time (Allen, DJ, Edwards, Bowe).

Just a great year so far, considering. I know this might be the fast track to a first round bounce, but it's hard to dislike our team being successful.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2007, 10:27 AM
What about Huard? He is surely a pro bowler. He's probably the pro bowler to end pro bowlers. Once he is declared the starting QB for the AFC, they should just stop the pro bowl all together.

Bowser
10-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Either start being myopic about this team, or go find another to root for. All this glass-is-half-full crap doesn't fly around here.

Molitoth
10-23-2007, 10:29 AM
With a good QB we could be undefeated. How do ya like them apples?

Bowser
10-23-2007, 10:30 AM
What about Huard? He is surely a pro bowler. He's probably the pro bowler to end pro bowlers. Once he is declared the starting QB for the AFC, they should just stop the pro bowl all together.

You just gave Hootie wood. Expect a ton of PM's.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Croyle to come in and give us some explosiveness is what we need now. At least put him in for a qtr for a couple TD and then let huard finish managing the game.

Mr. Laz
10-23-2007, 10:31 AM
i wonder what your opinion will be when we go 9-7 again.

DFB
10-23-2007, 10:33 AM
With a good offensive line we could be undefeated. How do ya like them apples?

FYP.

DFB
10-23-2007, 10:34 AM
i wonder what your opinion will be when we go 9-7 again.

If we won the division at 9-7, I'd be ecstatic. A division title, probably the only one from the West in the Playoffs. PLUS, a home playoff game. :)

Wile_E_Coyote
10-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Raiders always find a way to lose

Mr. Plow
10-23-2007, 10:44 AM
You just gave Hootie wood. Expect a ton of PM's.

I'll watch my back....

Molitoth
10-23-2007, 10:49 AM
With a good offensive line we could be undefeated. How do ya like them apples?

Huard played better last year with a worse O-Line. I actually enjoyed Huard's play last year. (Part of the reason was because he was doing his job as a backup, and not as our future)

Pablo
10-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Huard played better last year with a worse O-Line. I actually enjoyed Huard's play last year. (Part of the reason was because he was doing his job as a backup, and not as our future)Better O Line? So Will Shields retires and our offensive line gets better? Turley is trash, Macintosh is garbage, Terry is pathetic, and the slew of backups we plug in are lame as well. Waters is the only standout on the line and Weigman is a solid center. If we still had Roaf, Shields and Waters as a unit the Chiefs would have a prolific running game and a solid passing game right now, and Huard would probably look as good as Trent Green did. Green didn't have a rocket arm either, and he was a little over the hill, but the coaching system and the O-Line gave him the chance to throw the ball downfield.

Molitoth
10-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Better O Line? So Will Shields retires and our offensive line gets better. Turley is trash, Macintosh is garbage, Terry is pathetic, and the slew of backups we plug in are lame as well. Waters is the only standout on the line and Weigman is a solid center.

Shields had a damn nice career, but face it... his performance last year along with the rest of the line was not all that great. All I heard all offseason was how much this line was supposed to be improved with the additions of Mcintosh and Terry, and how Turley is so much better now, and thank god that Jordan Black is gone.

kc1977
10-23-2007, 11:05 AM
If we won the division at 9-7, I'd be ecstatic. A division title, probably the only one from the West in the Playoffs. PLUS, a home playoff game. :)

Watch out - some people think the next logical step for a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in 15 years is a Super Bowl win. That, or, going 2-14. Don't even dare try to rationalize steps in the right direction or playoff experience, etc.

Pablo
10-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Shields had a damn nice career, but face it... his performance last year along with the rest of the line was not all that great. All I heard all offseason was how much this line was supposed to be improved with the additions of Mcintosh and Terry, and how Turley is so much better now, and thank god that Jordan Black is gone.Yeah, but a half-ass Will Shields is still better than any of those other four in good health. We need to take those draft picks and get some big beef-eatin motherf-ers to block for our QB of the future. If Huard looks sub-par right now, imagine what Brody could look like. Let this old QB take the beating this year.. we don't need to get Brody snapped in half.. he's already got knee issues, and we all know Damon has taken a few unnecessary blows from his blind side.

Molitoth
10-23-2007, 11:14 AM
and we all know Damon has taken a few unnecessary blows from his blind side.

You can thank Hootie and Goatse for those.

DaKCMan AP
10-23-2007, 11:18 AM
If we still had Roaf, Shields and Waters as a unit the Chiefs would have a prolific running game and a solid passing game right now, and Huard would probably look as good as Trent Green did. Green didn't have a rocket arm either, and he was a little over the hill, but the coaching system and the O-Line gave him the chance to throw the ball downfield.

With an improved line, Huard would look better. He would not look as good as Green, however. Trent Green, while not known for arm strength, was an accurate passer. Huard does not have great arm strength or accuracy.

BigRedChief
10-23-2007, 11:58 AM
We have beaten 3 bad teams and 1 team on the verge of collapse at the time we played them.

When Green Bay comes into Arrowhead and lays a butt whipping on us lets see how you are feeling then.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2007, 11:59 AM
4-1 since Jared Allen returned.

Not a mirage. Not a mirage. There's no place like home.

DFB
10-23-2007, 12:03 PM
We have beaten 3 bad teams and 1 team on the verge of collapse at the time we played them.

When Green Bay comes into Arrowhead and lays a butt whipping on us lets see how you are feeling then.

And when KC wins, GB isn't a good team, huh? :shake:

Pablo
10-23-2007, 12:09 PM
With an improved line, Huard would look better. He would not look as good as Green, however. Trent Green, while not known for arm strength, was an accurate passer. Huard does not have great arm strength or accuracy.True, but Huard was a very accurate passer last season, he had a respectable passer rating and a good TD/Int ratio. He looks rusty and he makes quite a few bad throws, but he could be a very decent QB if the pocket didn't collapse around him in .3 seconds. I watched the Colts last night and Peyton Manning had a solid 4 or 5 seconds of great pass blocking around him and of course he made a great throw, but how f-ing hard could it be when you have that kind of time. You give any QB that kind of time and he'll be a decent, if not good QB. I am very critical of our O-Line, because they're terrible and I can understand Huard being a little jumpy in the pocket because it probably sucks getting smashed into the ground by 280 pound linemen at will.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2007, 12:13 PM
True, but Huard was a very accurate passer last season, he had a respectable passer rating and a good TD/Int ratio.

He's still an accurate passer. Don't let these haters fool you. He wasn't good last Sunday but he did have five passes dropped. His completion percentage is still high this year.

BigRedChief
10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
And when KC wins, GB isn't a good team, huh? :shake:
Big IF but ya, beating GB would be a "quality" win.

DFB
10-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Big IF but ya, beating GB would be a "quality" win.

Alright, it's on the record. :)

DaKCMan AP
10-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Damon's completion precentage is 64.2% However, 52 of Huard's completions have gone to RBs/FBs. If we remove those his completion percentage drops to 52.7%

For comparison's sake,

Tony Romo has a 62.8%. Removing his RB's receptions he's at 57.6%

Brett Favre is at 64.8%. Removing his RB's receptions he's at 58.9%

Phillip Rivers is at 65.2%. Removing his RB's receptions he's at 56.6%

Ben Roethlisberger is at 63.3% Removing his RB's receptions he's at 59%.

Unless he's throwing a short pass to a member of the backfield, Damon Huard is not an accurate passer compared with almost any other QB in the league.

DFB
10-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Damon's completion precentage is 64.2% However, 52 of Huard's completions have gone to RBs/FBs. If we remove those his completion percentage drops to 52.7%

For comparison's sake,

Unless he's throwing a short pass to a member of the backfield, Damon Huard is not an accurate passer compared with almost any other QB in the league.

Let's see the other 27. Don't just throw up some of the four good ones.

beach tribe
10-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Huard played better last year with a worse O-Line. I actually enjoyed Huard's play last year. (Part of the reason was because he was doing his job as a backup, and not as our future)
Sheilds30%>Welbourn...fact.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2007, 12:49 PM

For comparison's sake,

I prefer to go by splits.

Huard's percentage in the 11-20 yard range is 63.4 percent. That compares favorably with Manning and is actually HIGHER than Romo.

DaKCMan AP
10-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Let's see the other 27. Don't just throw up some of the four good ones.

The four good ones?

Peyton Manning goes from a 68.3% to a 63.8%
Tom Brady goes from a 73.8% to a 70.9%
Jeff Garcia goes from a 70.4% to a 63%
Jon Kitna goes from a 69.5% to a 64.4%
Chad Pennington goes from a 67.6% to a 62%
Matt Schaub goes from a 68.5% to a 59%
Jay Cutler goes from a 66.3% to a 61.9%
David Garrard goes from 66.2% to 66%
Steve McNair goes from 65.6% to 55%
Drew Brees goes from 64.4% to 55.1%
Vince Young goes from 64% to 58%