PDA

View Full Version : The triad of offensive ineptitude.

donkhater
10-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Herm-Solari-Huard

None of these three have ever distingushed themselves as offensive standouts in thier careers. The closest any one of them has come to being adequate on the offensive side of the ball is Solari's tenure as the line coach at KC, where he had 2 HOF's waiting for him.

I do think KC can improve in the second half, but in order to do that, one word must surface between these three men.

Trust.

Don't you all sense it? There is just no cohesiveness to anything KC is doing on that sid eof the ball. We've seen brief glimpes when it seems everyone is on the same page and the playcalling and perfomance of this unit is dramitically improved.

Herm right now doesn't seem to trust either Solari or Huard. Yes he is saying all the right things to the media, but he CLEARLY wanted to start Croyle this season and he was close to benching Huard inthe Minnesota game. Solari always seems to 'be finding his way' a coordinator, which is all but an admission that Herm agrees that his playcalling has been subpar.

Solari doesn't seem to trust Herm or Huard either. There are periods that KC is moving the ball well through the air then, inexplicably, they start trying to run the ball up Weigmann's rear end. Solari doesn't feel Herm trusts him to run the offense like he sees fit. It's obvious. I really don't think he trust Huard, either. That, too, is born out by the playcalling we've seen. Very conservative at times that scream for a more aggressive approach.

And finally, I don't think Huard trusts his coaches. Player distaste for the play calling and offensive appraoch has been well documented this year. No doubt that Huard has voiced his displeasure as well (albeit behind closed doors). He has been seen routinely yelling at the sideline for late plays (and/or other reasons?).

I think the rest of the team senses this. I really think the offensive line senses this. A group hug and go for it type of attitude adjustment during the bye week would do this team a lot of good.

Molitoth
10-23-2007, 10:47 AM
If Huard had a good OC and HC to work with him on his faults, he would have some potential. I really do think whoever is calling the plays is horrible, and unfortunatly Huard gets the blame because he is not talented, and he plays scared.

shaneo69
10-23-2007, 11:03 AM
To be honest, I don't think you can have a good team with as sh*tty of an O-line as we have. I think we're lucky to be 4-3.

I have a hard time blaming Herm/Solari/Huard because there's only so much they can do.

Being in St. Louis, I've watched the Rams more than the Chiefs this year. They still have a good nucleus of offensive players---Bulger, S. Jackson, B. Leonard, Bruce, Holt, McMichael, Drew Bennett, and Dante as the 4th WR. But they have the worst offense in the league, and they're 0-7 because Pace is hurt and the rest of their O-line sucks. Bulger can't even get a pass off.

The Chiefs need to find themselves a stud LT in next year's draft, as well as another OL starter in the 2nd round, and hope that Niswanger, Svitek, Stallings, and/or Perry step up next year. Probably the only above average starter we have on the OL right now is Waters.

Mr. Laz
10-23-2007, 11:24 AM
the sad part is that we are ultimately gonna lose a pretty good Offensive line coach out of the deal.

you know that Solari is not gonna want to take a demotion and stay here .. he's gonna go to another team and be their offensive line coach.

probably san diego or washington :(

|Zach|
10-23-2007, 11:26 AM
As time has gone on and I am watching the plays more I am putting less and less blame on Solari. It just is not his fault we are not running well...

Aside from that he was thought of as one of the best offensive line coaches if not THE best. Say what you want of his work as an OC but describing him as adequate when he was a OL coach here isn't accurate in the least.

Extra Point
10-23-2007, 11:34 AM
YAC-YAC-YAC!!!

suds79
10-23-2007, 11:39 AM
It's the lack of talent on the O-line.

Plain & simple.

Get some decent offensive linemen and all of a sudden...

- Larry is breaking big runs again because the 1st time he's touched, he's past the line of scrimmage.
- We're throwing deep to Bowe.
- Screens seem to work.
- Etc.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Don't forget about Dick Curl.

FloridaMan88
10-23-2007, 11:57 AM
the sad part is that we are ultimately gonna lose a pretty good Offensive line coach out of the deal.

you know that Solari is not gonna want to take a demotion and stay here .. he's gonna go to another team and be their offensive line coach.

probably san diego or washington :(

Why not? Goonther was perfectly fine coming back as defensive coordinator after being humiliated by Carl a few years back.

And its not like Slowlari has much of a backbone, considering he has willingly whored himself as a puppet to the Herm/Curled Dick Comedy of Errors Offense.