PDA

View Full Version : Team MVP Up to this Point

KCJohnny
10-23-2007, 07:55 PM
OK, this is just for fun, and I will post a real poll later.

Metro Sports here in KC speculated that the punters got priority of place to get their leg iced after the game.

JBucc
10-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Jared Allen. End of thread.

Pants
JA

nychief
Jared Allen hands down.

FAX
Jared

Seconded.

FAX

noa
10-23-2007, 07:57 PM
You guys are nuts.
Colquitt, easily.

RustShack
10-23-2007, 08:00 PM
The defense

chiefbowe82
10-23-2007, 08:00 PM
herm edwards

StcChief
10-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Ya gotta go with Jared, without his pressure/sacks all the punts in the world wouldn't matter.

tk13
10-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Easy call, Jared Allen. Only teams in the AFC with a better record since he's returned are Indy and New England.

boogblaster
10-23-2007, 09:01 PM
The cowboy named Allen .....

noa
10-23-2007, 09:03 PM
someone's gotta vote for that last colquitt

FAX
10-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Easy call, Jared Allen. Only teams in the AFC with a better record since he's returned are Indy and New England.

Makes you wonder what our record might have been had he called a cab.

FAX

Deberg_1990
10-23-2007, 09:05 PM
herm edwards

Id actually have to go with this one. Love him or hate him, the guy knows how to hold a team together in the face of adversity.

As bad as this team has been, as bad as the O-line is, for this team to be sitting at 4-3 in first place is simply remarkable.

Herm certainly has his faults, but one look around the league and you realize hes not that bad at all.....

Easy 6
10-23-2007, 09:06 PM

FAX

:banghead:

unothadeal

FAX
We could be 6-1. How scary would that be for sports analysts?

boogblaster
WE damn sure would have beat daBears ...

FAX
10-23-2007, 09:09 PM
We could be 6-1. How scary would that be for sports analysts?

Perhaps, Mr. kdog414141. We might have one more win, at least. It's amazing to think that one person could have that much impact on a season. And a defensive player, at that.

FAX

KCJohnny
10-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Perhaps, Mr. kdog414141. We might have one more win, at least. It's amazing to think that one person could have that much impact on a season. And a defensive player, at that.

FAX

Jared is the biggest play-maker/game-changer on defense we have had since Derrick Thomas (RIP). And that's saying a LOT.

Hey guys, thanks for playing. I guess no need need to post a 'real' MVP poll now, is there?

RealSNR
10-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Colquitt certainly choked on that last punt in the Raider game. We really could have used one of his missles and instead got a wobbly shitty punt with a lucky roll. Luckily Page was there at the end.

Ebolapox
10-23-2007, 09:52 PM
ummm, there's no priest holmes on that list....,,,,

Ebolapox
10-23-2007, 09:53 PM
the REAL question is: who'd win a battle between an army of mini-colquitts and jared allen (all 9'2, 899 lbs of his black man-flesh)

KCinNY
10-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Well of course it's Jared Allen, but to be fair I think Donnie Edwards deserves some love too. Makes plays week in and week out.

Probably the biggest upgrade since last year.

CupidStunt
10-24-2007, 04:26 AM
1. Jared Allen
2. Dwayne Bowe
3. Dustin Colquitt
4. Donnie/DJ split (both are playing at a high level and, for some reason, when one's quiet the other one is dominating)
5. Boone
6. Gonzalez

There's your real man's list. No one else deserves MVP consideration.

Ultra Peanut
10-24-2007, 04:29 AM
BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIN'

FD
10-24-2007, 08:50 AM
0-2 without Allen, 4-1 with him. Say no more.

OnTheWarpath15
10-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Jared. No question.

Offensively, I'd have to go Gonzalez.

Newcomer of the year: Close call between Donnie and Boone. I know Boone doesn't have the flashy stats, but focus on him when he's in there. He may not be making the play, but he's gumming things up enough that others can make the play. I think he's a huge part of why this defense is better.

The Bad Guy
10-24-2007, 09:06 AM

FAX

He'd still be drinking.
That was the best thing that ever happened to Jared to be honest. He cleaned himself up, and now is in line to get paid.

Duck Dog
10-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Jared, no questiuon. But Bowe is worthy of consideration. Past that there's no one.

Brock
10-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Tony Gonzalez.

siberian khatru
10-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Interesting -- not one joke Huard post.

Probably indicates how much that topic has been ground into the dust, it's beyond parody now.

MahiMike
10-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Priest!

KCJohnny
10-24-2007, 11:35 AM
1. Jared Allen
2. Dwayne Bowe
3. Dustin Colquitt
4. Donnie/DJ split (both are playing at a high level and, for some reason, when one's quiet the other one is dominating)
5. Boone
6. Gonzalez

There's your real man's list. No one else deserves MVP consideration.

People outside of the KC area might disagree.

Huard had no running game, no protection, lost his #1 WR on the very first play of the season and is still #11 in passing yards, T6th in completions of 20+ yards all while being the 4th most sacked QB in the NFL. Not too shabby when you think about KC being 4-3 and 1st in the AFCW.

Tribal Warfare
10-24-2007, 11:37 AM
D-Bowe and Gonzo should get honorable mention too

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2007, 11:42 AM

Huard had no running game, no protection, lost his #1 WR on the very first play of the season and is still #11 in passing yards, T6th in completions of 20+ yards all while being the 4th most sacked QB in the NFL. Not too shabby when you think about KC being 4-3 and 1st in the AFCW.

And he has more interceptions than touchdowns.

Skip Towne
10-24-2007, 11:49 AM
The Wild Man from the Hills.

OnTheWarpath15
10-24-2007, 12:27 PM

Jesus Christ.

I've tried.

I've tried to give you a chance, Johnny. I really have. I thought you might have a little more to offer than Hootie and his band of intellectually bankrupt followers.

But to even THINK of Huard as a POSSIBLE MVP of this team is beyond retarded, and shows your absolute insane bias towards him.

I could make a case for Dave ****ing Rayner to be the MVP of this team before Huard. Rayner has accounted for 3 more points than your boy Captain Checkdown.

I don't know that Huard even deserves to crack the Top 10, to be honest. He hasn't won us any games, and luckily, he hasn't lost us any (directly) either. Just about every defensive starter has been more valuable to this team, as well as Bowe, Gonzo and even LJ on offense. Plus the two kickers.

Just because he's taking the snaps doesn't mean he's HELPING this team win. And he's never going to, because he's not the type of QB that can put a team on his shoulders and win a game he shouldn't. The defense has just about gotten us to the point that we could win with an 800 pound silverback gorilla playing QB. Or even Jared Lorenzen.

kcirnamffoh
10-24-2007, 12:43 PM
...I've tried to give you a chance, Johnny. I really have. I thought you might have a little more to offer than Hootie and his band of intellectually bankrupt followers.

If this is the same KCJohnny that supported Grbac then I applaud him. He seems to support any QB in there that is, at least, holding his own. In locker room language that make him uniter, a team player. Whereas you, sir, remind me of a cancer. A whinning, crying, finger pointing cancer who hasn't a clue.

Give Huard the offensive MVP and DonnieE the defensive. I don't think JA can maintain this level of play while I believe Edwards will.

OnTheWarpath15
10-24-2007, 12:54 PM
If this is the same KCJohnny that supported Grbac then I applaud him. He seems to support any QB in there that is, at least, holding his own. In locker room language that make him uniter, a team player. Whereas you, sir, remind me of a cancer. A whinning, crying, finger pointing cancer who hasn't a clue.

Give Huard the offensive MVP and DonnieE the defensive. I don't think JA can maintain this level of play while I believe Edwards will.

Speaking of having a clue:

There's a HUGE difference between merely supporting whoever is playing QB and pushing your agenda to everyone and their brother that Damon is something he's not.

I'm on record, in this forum, of saying that I root for every player that wears red and gold when they step on that field. That includes Damon.

That doesn't mean I can't be critical of players that aren't getting the job done, or are getting in the way of the learning curve of our future players.

Would I RATHER Croyle play? You bet. Am I rooting against Huard? No.

But to say that there is ANY case to be made for Huard to be the MVP of this team, is ridiculous and biased.

Without this defense playing at the level they are, we'd be lucky to be 1-6 the way Damon is playing. "Leading" your team to less than 1 TD per game on average is not going to win you many games in this league. Unless you have a defense that excels. And this defense is playing really well right now, especially when they spend more than their fair share of the game on the field.

The defense is THE reason why people even have the opportunity to say that this team is 4-3.

kcirnamffoh
10-24-2007, 01:10 PM
...The defense is THE reason why people even have the opportunity to say that this team is 4-3.

I don't disagree with that. What I don't agree WITH is heaping up all the offensive problems on Damon Huard. Did he pull Kennison's hammy? Was it because of him that TWO HOF caliber o'linemen retired? If it was then I guess you can say he is to blame for the Chiefs' anemic rushing attack thus far.

Sure his lack of throwing deep routes every offensive series, which apparently is what you think he should do, can cause an extra man in the box. But it also could be that teams don't think the Chiefs can run the ball anyway without that vaulted o'line so they shut down the run which is what teams SHOULD DO ANYWAY!!

Point your fingers at Solari for not calling/designing plays to back up opposing defenses. Huard's play might not be advancing the offense as much as you would like but it sure isn't retreating it. For you to think Croyle would be an answer for the Chiefs' offensive woes, I think, is a bit presumptuous, reckless and careless. I'd rather see the Chiefs get playoff time under their belts and approach QBOTF issues when the time warrents. It isn't now. To think it is is clueless, IMO

OnTheWarpath15
10-24-2007, 01:22 PM
I don't disagree with that. What I don't agree WITH is heaping up all the offensive problems on Damon Huard. Did he pull Kennison's hammy? Was it because of him that TWO HOF caliber o'linemen retired? If it was then I guess you can say he is to blame for the Chiefs' anemic rushing attack thus far.

Sure his lack of throwing deep routes every offensive series, which apparently is what you think he should do, can cause an extra man in the box. But it also could be that teams don't think the Chiefs can run the ball anyway without that vaulted o'line so they shut down the run which is what teams SHOULD DO ANYWAY!!

Point your fingers at Solari for not calling/designing plays to back up opposing defenses. Huard's play might not be advancing the offense as much as you would like but it sure isn't retreating it. For you to think Croyle would be an answer for the Chiefs' offensive woes, I think, is a bit presumptuous, reckless and careless. I'd rather see the Chiefs get playoff time under their belts and approach QBOTF issues when the time warrents. It isn't now. To think it is is clueless, IMO

I can respect that opinion.

But I'll say this: If certain people want to look at our 4-3 record and then point to Damon and say, "Hey, Damon's awesome, we're 4-3 and in 1st place," then I think they should have to accept heaping the O problems on him.

It's the nature of the position.

And also, as is well documented here, I'm not claiming that Croyle is the ANSWER to our offensive problems. I'm saying we need to find out if the kid is the future, or not. At this point, barring injury, it's not gonna happen anyway, just like many of us predicted. We'll be "in contention" the entire year, giving Carl and Herm "no reason" to start Croyle. We "might" make the playoffs.

I think that's probably the other issue that I have a problem with. Talking playoffs in Week 7 like they are a forgone conclusion. We've played SEVEN games. We're ONE game over .500. We might want to wait to see where we stand going into the December games before we concern ourselves with our young players getting some playoff experience under their belt.

I know this: If this team finishes 8-8 and misses the playoffs, and Huard starts more than 10 games, this place and the other fans at Arrowhead will be at DefCon 5.

kcirnamffoh
10-24-2007, 01:44 PM
...I know this: If this team finishes 8-8 and misses the playoffs, and Huard starts more than 10 games, this place and the other fans at Arrowhead will be at DefCon 5.

Well, there are 70000 fans in the seats that sometimes are considered the 12th man. When ever the offense leaves the field under a cloud of boos, can't it be considered that that 12th man is being more of a hindrance than a help? Those boos can run very deep, kind of like cancer, if you catch my drift. H.E. has admirably handled a lot of problems with the Chiefs thus far, namely the defense. He'll need a little more time to turn around the offense.

Chiefs' fans want to run Edwards out of town like they did Cunningham, it's on you. You reap what you sow. I think a new head coach should be given AT LEAST 3 seasons before even beginning to evaluate his success or failure. Edwards wanted to fix this defense first all the while remaining competitive within the division. He is doing that. Give 'em credit and at least some patience. He can't do everything at once.

ChiefsGirl
10-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Where's the real thread with John Welbourne as an option?

BigRock
10-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I think it would actually be worse. Sometimes it takes a mistake like that for a guy to change. Allen, by all accounts, has cleaned himself up, dropped weight, and is working out harder since the DUI stuff. And through 5 games played, he's already 3 sacks shy of his career high. Whether it's physical changes in him or motivation because the DUIs hurt his chances at a new contract, or both, I think what he's gone through has made him a better player.

If he'd called a cab, he'd be the same old Jared and none of that would have happened.

KCJohnny
10-24-2007, 02:13 PM
If this is the same KCJohnny that supported Grbac then I applaud him. He seems to support any QB in there that is, at least, holding his own. In locker room language that make him uniter, a team player.
Yes, that's me, and Grbac was a 4,000 yard passer on a team with no RB (Richardson, a FB carried the load in '00) and made the PB.

I think OnTheWarpath58 misconstrues having an opinion about DH and posting it on Chiefs Planet as "pushing your agenda to everyone and their brother that Damon is something he's not."

Uh, I believe NFL football is entertainment, nothing more. No agenda from me, other than talking football with other Chiefs fans.

My personal opinion is that Huard has acquitted himself under adverse conditions that leave him at a marked disadvantage and has helped this team over come deficits to win 3 of our games in the 4th quarter with his #1 WR out, a makeshift OL, no running game (we were ranked #29 last week) and some pretty tough injuries he is playing through.

The knock on him being a dink passer is not supported by the facts: only 5 of the 40+ QBs who have started an NFL game this season have more completions of 20+ yards.

Now, back to coronating Jared Allen.

:arrow:
KCJ

KCJohnny
10-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Where's the real thread with John Welbourne as an option?
That must be the LVP poll...

...kidding.

I actually miss Jordan Black.

:banghead: