I can eat about anything and be fine
but bananas give me heartburn
that makes no sense

elvomito
10-24-2007, 01:09 AM
red sauce on PASTA

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-24-2007, 01:13 AM
If I drink heavily two days in a row, it's always a fight to get down the beers on the second day.

I'm a reflux machine after a night of swill.

luv
10-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Whenever I get indigestion (I'm assuming that's what I get), I'veusually had some kind of cheese that day. Doesn't do it all the time though.

pr_capone
10-24-2007, 01:28 AM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/2/7/8/278e7de7d2938581816c2298b0cb3c90.gif

BigMeatballDave
10-24-2007, 01:46 AM
I rarely get HB. Every now and again when I eat oatmeal, but thats about it.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-24-2007, 01:50 AM
5 star spicy food. I love it, but it doesn't love me. Burns my mouth eating it, burns my heart going down, and burns my ass coming out. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess. It's almost self mutilation.

Fishpicker
10-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Chipotle burritos w/ hot sauce

ClevelandBronco
10-24-2007, 02:02 AM
Barbecue. My favorite food.

I should take some of the spice out of the rub, I suppose. What a shame.

elvomito
10-24-2007, 02:13 AM
i usually only get it when i lay down, but drinking milk takes care of it

Lonewolf Ed
10-24-2007, 04:14 AM
Vodka sours. I had my last one over ten years ago. I don't miss it.

penguinz
10-24-2007, 07:33 AM
The only thing that gives me heartburn is stress.

Simply Red
10-24-2007, 07:34 AM
OJ and actually bananas as well.

Radar Chief
10-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Citric acid. Grapes do it to you also?
For me its soda. I can drink one or two a day but more than that gives me heart burn.

DBO82
10-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Pizza Hut pizza.

allen_kcCard
10-24-2007, 07:42 AM
For me it is doughnuts and beer for the most part. OJ will also do it. As long as I can eat something with them it will be ok, but if I don't my stomach will be on fire.

kepp
10-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Chipotle burritos w/ hot sauce
Chipotle? No, that's probably trichinosis you're feeling.

DaKCMan AP
10-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Many things. I have gastroesophageal reflux and often feel like a hole is being burned in my esophagus.

TrebMaxx
10-24-2007, 08:03 AM
This thread would be easier for me to answer if the question was "What does not burn your heart?"

Iowanian
10-24-2007, 08:06 AM
I've got terrible guts and reflux.

I've had rolaids and water come out my nose before. No bullshit.

Blindside58
10-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Bananas as well
Snickers and anything cinnamon.

Pushead2
10-24-2007, 08:13 AM
for me it's a random thing.

Frazod
10-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Tomato sauce is probably the worst. I'm also a bit lactose intolerant, but that has improved dramatically since I quit smoking. I always have a bottle of Tums handy, though.

Ironically, spicy oriental dishes don't bother me at all.

RockChalk
10-24-2007, 08:17 AM
anything Missouri related

except for the Chiefs/Royals

Frazod
10-24-2007, 08:29 AM
anything Missouri related

except for the Chiefs/Royals

You should grind up a bucket full of your stupid rock chalk. Then stick your head in the bucket. Leave it there.

Hope that helps. :thumb:

RockChalk
10-24-2007, 08:38 AM
You should grind up a bucket full of your stupid rock chalk. Then stick your head in the bucket. Leave it there.

Hope that helps. :thumb:

LOL, thought you'd like that :)

Frazod
10-24-2007, 08:41 AM
LOL, thought you'd like that :)

Yes, I did. Good to start the day off with a bit of smaque. :D

Lzen
10-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Pretty much anything with any spice. Anything that has some grease. Coffee. Beer or liquor .I could go on and on, but thank God for PPIs (currently on Nexium).

Lzen
10-24-2007, 08:58 AM
I notice a couple of you guys talk like you have acid reflux bad. Have any of considered seeing a doctor about that? They say that over time, acid reflux can result in a condition called Barret's esophagus. Although the chances of getting cancer from that are pretty small, it's something to consider. Despite that, it was worth it to me to not have to deal with that daily pain.

Here is something on Barret's esophagus:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/barretts-esophagus/HQ00312

Barrett's esophagus is a condition in which the color and composition of the cells lining your lower esophagus change because of repeated exposure to stomach acid. This exposure to stomach acid is most often a result of long-term gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) — a chronic regurgitation of acid from your stomach into your lower esophagus.

Barrett's esophagus is uncommon. Only a small percentage of people with GERD develop Barrett's esophagus. But once Barrett's esophagus is diagnosed, there's a greater risk of developing esophageal cancer. Although increased, the absolute risk of esophageal cancer for someone with Barrett's esophagus is small — less than 1 percent a year.

You can eliminate or reduce the frequency of stomach acids flowing up into the lower end of your esophagus — and your chance of developing Barrett's esophagus — by making lifestyle changes.

smittysbar
10-24-2007, 08:59 AM
If I drink heavily two days in a row, it's always a fight to get down the beers on the second day.

I'm a reflux machine after a night of swill.

Me too!!!

smittysbar
10-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Pretty much anything with any spice. Anything that has some grease. Coffee. Beer or liquor .I could go on and on, but thank God for PPIs (currently on Nexium).

Have a few nurses that get me tons of the samples, and this stuff is the bomb.

Lzen
10-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Have a few nurses that get me tons of the samples, and this stuff is the bomb.

True dat.

Before these, I used to take over the counter stuff like Pepcid AC. But it just wasn't enough anymore.

gblowfish
10-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Pepperoni Pizza kills me. Love the smell, can't eat it.
Can't drink Tequila either. It tried to kill me in college.

RockChalk
10-24-2007, 09:10 AM
do you take Nexium once a day like a prescription? or just prior to eating certain meals. i don't know much about it

my heartburn seems to be random, so i'm thinking it's more like acid reflux. but i take some workout go-juice that is probably the cause of it

RockChalk
10-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Yes, I did. Good to start the day off with a bit of smaque. :D

always.

i really hope both teams get to the game with something on the line. although, i'm not sure it's safe to have KU/MU fans at a neutral site where drinking is allowed. something tells me Fan Assistance will have their hands full

Lzen
10-24-2007, 09:19 AM
do you take Nexium once a day like a prescription? or just prior to eating certain meals. i don't know much about it

my heartburn seems to be random, so i'm thinking it's more like acid reflux. but i take some workout go-juice that is probably the cause of it

I would say that your doctor would need to determine if your case is bad enough to take a prescription like Nexium. To answer your question, yes, I do take one per day. I just take one with a glass of water and I'm good for 24 hours.

Pepperoni Pizza kills me. Love the smell, can't eat it.
Can't drink Tequila either. It tried to kill me in college.
George, pepperoni would get me but sausage was much worse. And funny you mention Tequila. We call it Ta kill ya for good reason.

RockChalk
10-24-2007, 09:21 AM
I would say that your doctor would need to determine if your case is bad enough to take a prescription like Nexium. To answer your question, yes, I do take one per day. I just take one with a glass of water and I'm good for 24 hours.

i never go to doctors, so maybe i should just try Pepcid first. or just quit the workout go-juice

off topic for Lzen - do you breed boxers?

Lzen
10-24-2007, 09:37 AM
i never go to doctors, so maybe i should just try Pepcid first. or just quit the workout go-juice

Nope, I don't breed them. I had been around boxers and really like the breed. A guy my wife works with had a litter (unplanned - he had a female and was boarding a male for a friend and you can guess the rest) last Fall/Winter). He sold them to us for a very good price. I actually had only planned to take one. After about a month and a half, I asked the Mrs. to ask her coworker if he had any left. I figured my old mutt was gonna die sometime soon and my boxer really could use a playmate. Lucky for us, he had one left. I had them both fixed at 5-6 months. Never intended to breed, just really good pets. These dogs are truly man's best friend.

Lzen
10-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Self-care

You may eliminate or reduce the frequency of stomach acids flowing up into the lower end of your esophagus by making the following lifestyle changes:

* Control your weight. Being overweight is one of the strongest risk factors for heartburn. Excess pounds put pressure on your abdomen, pushing up your stomach and causing acid to back up into your esophagus.
* Eat smaller, more frequent meals. Three meals a day, with small snacks in between, will help you stop overeating. Continual overeating leads to excess weight, which aggravates heartburn.
* Loosen your belt. Clothes that fit tightly around your waist put pressure on your abdomen, aggravating reflux.
* Eliminate heartburn triggers. Everyone has specific triggers. Common triggers such as fatty or fried foods, alcohol, chocolate, peppermint, garlic, onion, caffeine and nicotine may make heartburn worse.
* Avoid stooping or bending. Tying your shoes is OK. Bending over for a long time to weed your garden may not be, especially soon after eating.
* Don't lie down after eating. Wait at least three to four hours after eating to lie down or go to bed.
* Raise the head of your bed. An elevation of six to nine inches puts gravity to work for you. Or you can insert a wedge between your mattress and box spring to elevate your body from the waist up. Wedges are available at drugstores and medical supply stores. Raising your head by using only pillows isn't a good alternative.
* Don't smoke. Smoking may increase stomach acid. The swallowing of air during smoking also may aggravate belching and acid reflux. In addition, smoking and alcohol increase your risk of esophageal cancer.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/barretts-esophagus/HQ00312/DSECTION=9

kepp
10-24-2007, 09:41 AM
always.

i really hope both teams get to the game with something on the line. although, i'm not sure it's safe to have KU/MU fans at a neutral site where drinking is allowed. something tells me Fan Assistance will have their hands full
I heard that, for the most part, they're going to be separated. But I also heard that there are a couple mixed sections. Don't take your kids to those seats :)

Duck Dog
10-24-2007, 09:42 AM
I've been on heartburn meds for many many years. Too many to remember. Everything gives me heartburn. Even certain flavors. It sucks.

Duck Dog
10-24-2007, 09:46 AM

The difference between Pepcid and Nexuim are huge. Pepcid is supposed to disolve acid, while Nexuim, an inhibitor, shuts off the pumps that produce acid. I've been on inhibitors for about 7-8 years. They are the best by far.

Sure-Oz
Ice Cream, spicy things like peppers and spaghetti sauce

The Franchise
Come to think of it....I haven't had HB for years now. Now that I've said that I'll probably have it tonight.

RockChalk
10-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Nope, I don't breed them. I had been around boxers and really like the breed. A guy my wife works with had a litter (unplanned - he had a female and was boarding a male for a friend and you can guess the rest) last Fall/Winter). He sold them to us for a very good price. I actually had only planned to take one. After about a month and a half, I asked the Mrs. to ask her coworker if he had any left. I figured my old mutt was gonna die sometime soon and my boxer really could use a playmate. Lucky for us, he had one left. I had them both fixed at 5-6 months. Never intended to breed, just really good pets. These dogs are truly man's best friend.

ah...my brother and his fiance have about a 6-month old male. he was nuts at first and they had some problems with him (partly because the breeder sold him at 5 weeks, which is too young IMO) but now he's pretty good. loves to lick ears!

sorry for going off topic for the rest of you, i'm done

RockChalk
10-24-2007, 09:56 AM
I heard that, for the most part, they're going to be separated. But I also heard that there are a couple mixed sections. Don't take your kids to those seats :)

i don't even know where my seats are to be honest. bought them back in march...i know i'm club level and think it's around the 40 yard line

i guess i'm not so worried about in the stadium...i'm more worried about tailgating. personally i'm not worried because i'm a pretty big guy and can handle myself, but i just have heard some stories about friends from KU who went to games in Columbia.

Frazod
10-24-2007, 09:59 AM
I deliberately got my tickets on the side of the field that is (for Chiefs games) the visiting side, since technically this is a KU home game *snicker*.

arrowheadnation
10-24-2007, 10:02 AM
For me, it's a scientific fact that if I eat Starbursts (the candy) before going to bed I will have heartburn in the morning. I guess it must be the citrus in the candy.

Frazod
10-24-2007, 10:18 AM
I do buy low acid orange juice. Well worth whatever extra I pay for it.

RockChalk
10-24-2007, 10:19 AM
I deliberately got my tickets on the side of the field that is (for Chiefs games) the visiting side, since technically this is a KU home game *snicker*.

thanks Lew!!! :banghead:

Frazod
10-24-2007, 10:20 AM
thanks Lew!!! :banghead:

What - you don't like KU having its home games in MISSOURI? LMAO

chasedude
10-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Come to think of it....I haven't had HB for years now. Now that I've said that I'll probably have it tonight.

Same here, I don't ever have heartburn. I eat some spicy sh*t and never have problems. Family and Friends always told me I have a iron-clad stomach :)

RockChalk
10-24-2007, 10:30 AM
What - you don't like KU having its home games in MISSOURI? LMAO

i know their justification is that it's making KU a ton of money and that MU has to give up their "home" game next season, but it's not enough for me

especially when KU has owned Mizzou in Lawrence of late