PDA

View Full Version : Royals Raise Ticket Prices

Stewie
10-24-2007, 06:36 AM
Want to see what effect new manager Trey Hillman has next season on the Royals? It’s going to cost you a little more than before.

The average price for single-game tickets will jump nearly 15 percent next year to $23.76 a seat under a new pricing structure unveiled Tuesday afternoon by the Royals.

The increase predominantly affects seats in the lower bowl at Kauffman Stadium. All seats in the upper level either remained the same or increased by only $1.

The price for parking remains $9.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/329991.html

penguinz
10-24-2007, 06:40 AM
OH NO!!!!!!

KC Kings
10-24-2007, 06:43 AM
Once they moved HyVee view level to only the corners of the upper deck and raised tickets over $5 a piece, I only went to half as many games as I used to. Now that they are raising them again I will only go to a couple of games next year. If cheap seats go up a dollar that will put them at $8, for a family of 4 with parking is $37. My kids enjoy the games but it is now cheaper to take your family to Science City, the Childrens Museum, the KC Zoo, and a lot of other places that are more entertaining then watching the Royal's suck every year.

bkkcoh
10-24-2007, 06:46 AM
we were down in houston a couple of years ago and paid $20 a piece for outfield seats. The Royals ticket prices are still some of the cheapest tickets in MLB

Shox
10-24-2007, 07:18 AM
we were down in houston a couple of years ago and paid $20 a piece for outfield seats. The Royals ticket prices are still some of the cheapest tickets in MLB

If you factor in that they put a AAA level club on the field it makes them one of the steepest tickets in MLB.

ChiTown
10-24-2007, 08:03 AM
If you factor in that they put a AAA level club on the field it makes them one of the steepest tickets in MLB.

:LOL:

mcan
10-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Hopefully the modest increase in ticket price doesn't keep people away, and allows for the Royals to get 9% more competitive. That's the nature of baseball... It's a linear relationship between money earned and wins. If they win an extra 14 games this year, they'll probably compete for the division. 83 wins sounds pretty good to me.

bkkcoh
10-24-2007, 08:07 AM

Then it is easy for you, don't go to the freakin' game.....

Silock
10-24-2007, 08:11 AM
It happens. Inflation, increased spending. As long as we keep improving, I don't care.

RP_McMurphy
10-24-2007, 08:31 AM
4 years in last place and the glASS family raises ticket prices. Watta bunch of jackasses!!!

Dr. Van Halen
10-24-2007, 08:35 AM
It happens. Inflation, increased spending. As long as we keep improving, I don't care.

Improving? The Royals finished with the third worst record in baseball.

RP_McMurphy
10-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Well it wasn't a 100 loss season.........but once again they have a top five pick in the draft.

Silock
10-24-2007, 08:47 AM

If you can't see that moves were made to improve and that we're headed in the right direction, then I don't know what to tell you.

BigChiefFan
10-24-2007, 09:43 AM
The team NEEDS the revenue to become more competitive and the price isn't out of line, IMO. Players like Meche don't play for free.

HemiEd
10-24-2007, 09:59 AM
If you can't see that moves were made to improve and that we're headed in the right direction, then I don't know what to tell you.

No kidding, one of the most positive seasons in the last 20.

StcChief
10-24-2007, 11:12 AM
trying to drive attendance down.

KC Kings
10-24-2007, 01:27 PM
The team NEEDS the revenue to become more competitive and the price isn't out of line, IMO. Players like Meche don't play for free.

Excluding this season, what happened with the previous 2 seasons when Glass received all of the millions in revenue sharing yet didn't expand the payroll? Increase in ticket prices does not, and has not in the past, meant an equal increase in payroll.

I know the payroll went up last year and I hope you are right about us heading in the right direction. Regardless of how the Royal's play I think it is a shame for any sports fan to live in KC and not go to at least a couple game at the K every year, if only to watch baseball in a great stadium. But they have raised prices "modestly" for the past 3 years while the product on field continues to be crap.

Stewie
10-24-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm becoming a bit concerned about how the Hillman hiring is shaping up. He (I assume with major input and brow beating from Dayton) is keeping the pitching coach, hitting coach, bullpen coach, and third base coach. The pitching coach I understand, but the other keepers are odd. I know that Hillman is bringing a bench coach on board, but that's it for one of "his" guys so far.

Is Hillman Dayton Moore's puppet? Is this how Moore is protecting Hillman from making hiring mistakes since he's an unknown commodity?

Thoughts anyone?

Demonpenz
10-24-2007, 01:42 PM
I will support them. They brought in meche and are trying to get better.

tk13
10-24-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm becoming a bit concerned about how the Hillman hiring is shaping up. He (I assume with major input and brow beating from Dayton) is keeping the pitching coach, hitting coach, bullpen coach, and third base coach. The pitching coach I understand, but the other keepers are odd. I know that Hillman is bringing a bench coach on board, but that's it for one of "his" guys so far.

Is Hillman Dayton Moore's puppet? Is this how Moore is protecting Hillman from making hiring mistakes since he's an unknown commodity?

Thoughts anyone?
There will be a new bullpen coach, but it's someone who was already in the organization in a different role. Hillman supposedly met with the other coaches and talked to them before keeping them on. Except maybe Bob McClure... and we should've kept him anyway.

I don't think Hillman is a puppet at all... although I think baseball GMs generally seem to have more control than football GMs. I actually think from everything I've seen...Hillman seems almost exactly like Dayton.

Buck
10-24-2007, 01:52 PM
How good is a $25 seat at Kaufmann?

I just want to compare it to Petco.

edit: By the way, at Petco, those are nose-bleeds.

Stewie
10-24-2007, 01:56 PM
There will be a new bullpen coach, but it's someone who was already in the organization in a different role. Hillman supposedly met with the other coaches and talked to them before keeping them on. Except maybe Bob McClure... and we should've kept him anyway.

I don't think Hillman is a puppet at all... although I think baseball GMs generally seem to have more control than football GMs. I actually think from everything I've seen...Hillman seems almost exactly like Dayton.

I agree on the McClure decision. Mizerock is gone as bullpen coach? Who's the insider that got his job?

Hauptbahnhof
10-24-2007, 02:03 PM
i dont mind a price increase because this royals team is headed in the right direction. the media is talking about it. buster olney said the hillman hire was a total coup and was going to be huge. the royals have the right guy in charge. it makes it fun to support the team. if dayton moore asked me for 10 bucks i would gladly give him 20. the royals are still one of the cheapest tickets in baseball. if you cant afford one of the cheapest tickets in pro sports then sorry.

contrast this with the chiefs, where you pay 70 bucks minimum to watch a team that wont take any risks to win more than 8 or 9 games.

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2007, 02:03 PM
How good is a $25 seat at Kaufmann?

I just want to compare it to Petco.

edit: By the way, at Petco, those are nose-bleeds.

Field level
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/ballpark/kc_ballpark_seating.jsp

The ones in Green.

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I agree on the McClure decision. Mizerock is gone as bullpen coach? Who's the insider that got his job?

Mizerock is the new bullpen coach, the old one was Jason Kendall's dad.

Demonpenz
10-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I have a 26 dollar ticket in my cube dougout box. It was about 20 rows back from the dugout to watch the indians. section 119 row p seat 8 26 bucks for some sweet seats to see pronk and the tribe. Yeah the royals kind of suck but it is still worth watching the other team. and the fountains and the t shirt tuesdays dollar hot dogs. Damn i wish it was april go royals *and the infield flies and *GASP THE PITCHOUUUUTS !>!>!>!>!>!>!>>!

tk13
Mizerock had been working in the minor leagues the last couple years... Fred Kendall was the bullpen coach, one of Buddy's guys.

bkkcoh
KC Royals Website Link (http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071023&content_id=2279798&vkey=news_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc)

The average price will be $23.75 per ticket, compared to $20.67 in 2007, excluding premium-priced games, or 14.94 percent.

The biggest hike for single-game tickets is $5 for Dugout Box ($37) and Dugout Plaza ($32). The smallest increase is $1 for View Level seats, which range in price from $9 to $17.

Kevin Uhlich, Royals senior vice president of business operations, said the increases were made after research on 10 other small- or medium-market clubs.

"We took every single price point of our stadium and said, 'If I dropped that into Milwaukee or Cleveland or Cincinnati, what would those people be getting for the same seat?'" Uhlich said.

Spott
10-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Now people in KC can pay more to watch the Royals lose 100 games.

petegz28
10-24-2007, 02:42 PM
I will eb re-prucahsing my season tickets. Really though the sections behidn the plate are all becoming seats that have a waiter is what the Lancer tells me. So naturally price goes up.

Deberg_1990
10-24-2007, 03:25 PM

Ultimately, all the matter is win, losses and the standings. Its great and all that players individual stats may have improved, but we still finished dead last. I dont get the justification for the price increase??

Coach
10-24-2007, 03:54 PM
I find this part funny.

"We can't just raise prices and have a bad product on the field, and we can't have a bad product in the concession stand."

So, they just raised the ticket prices, despite not only a bad product on the field, but going for 4 years straight, 100 losses or not.

Silock
10-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Ultimately, all the matter is win, losses and the standings. Its great and all that players individual stats may have improved, but we still finished dead last. I dont get the justification for the price increase??

Turning a baseball team around requires looking at the bigger picture and judging progress in terms of seasons, not X number of games.

Coach
10-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Turning a baseball team around requires looking at the bigger picture and judging progress in terms of seasons, not X number of games.

While I'm in the same boat as you are, I'm still not convinced that it's a very smart business to raise ticket prices, considering that the Royals finished last again, as they have done in the previous 4 years.

Demonpenz
10-24-2007, 04:12 PM
If we specifically wanted to win more games last year I am sure we would have played certain vets more. Instead we gave a long look at players like gathwrong and other bums to make sure they won't be sniffing any glue around the (gasp) pitchers mound

kcchiefsus
10-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Once they moved HyVee view level to only the corners of the upper deck and raised tickets over $5 a piece, I only went to half as many games as I used to. Now that they are raising them again I will only go to a couple of games next year. If cheap seats go up a dollar that will put them at $8, for a family of 4 with parking is $37. My kids enjoy the games but it is now cheaper to take your family to Science City, the Childrens Museum, the KC Zoo, and a lot of other places that are more entertaining then watching the Royal's suck every year.

What the hell do you expect? If you want this team to have the money to give out the big contracts to good players then we can no longer continue having some of the cheapest seats in professional sports.

homey
10-24-2007, 05:18 PM
I'd bet Gil Meche alone is the reason for the increase.