PDA

View Full Version : I killed a deer this morning

kcfan82
10-24-2007, 06:48 PM
That was a fun way to wake up at 4:30 in the morning while driving on 470.

Would it be too much to ask for the state of Missouri to put some fences up by Longview lake and the interstate? Jesus

http://home.everestkc.net/husker2008/Photo0003.jpg

Rain Man
10-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Is this really true, or is this just a cover story because you did a hit and run on some drunk pedestrian?

Iowanian
10-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Deer can jump fences.

Hippies don't like "nature" to be interfered with.

If you want to do something....pay for a deer hunter's tag.

Chiefaholic
Do you have any idea what the cost would be to put up a fence tall enough to prevent deer from jumping over? Not gonna happen...

JBucc
Are you gonna eat it? What's the law for highway kills in wherever you live?

Iowanian
10-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Illegal immigrants would cut holes, dig under and climb ov.......oh wait....Deer.

Deer Are delicous.

Give me $25 and I'll kill an extra doe for you, and donate it to the HUSH fund, which feeds the needy.

kcfan82
10-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Is this really true, or is this just a cover story because you did a hit and run on some drunk pedestrian?

LOL, well I certainly wouldn't post it on a public message board if I did :)

I know deers can jump 7+ feet high, but a little deterrent would be nice. I heard that is a hippie animal protected area in Longview, however the hippies must not care that deers can just walk right out onto the road to be crushed.

kcfan82
10-24-2007, 07:02 PM

If it weren't 4:30 in the morning and it wasn't laying in the middle of 470 I might of thought about taking my co-workers deer sausage and pancakes for breakfast :)

Hydrae
10-24-2007, 07:08 PM
A couple of quick notes. First, by eradicating most of the predators out there, the deer population has exploded and this has become a problem throughout the country.

Second, there are a lot of these (http://www.deerwhistle.com/) in use down here in Texas. I just don't how effective they are.

Fire Me Boy!
10-24-2007, 07:10 PM
In Missouri, if he wanted to eat it, he'd need to call MSHP (or Sheriff). They would give him first crack at it.

The one time I hit a deer, they gave me the option... I took it because the deer appeared to be in pretty good shape (I cracked it's head with the bumper). However, it sliding down the highway 30 yards gave it some pretty bad internal bleeding and burst it's intestine and ruined the meat.

64 Chief
10-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Better the deer than you. I lost a friend to a deer. They are a serious problem

Calcountry
10-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Illegal immigrants would cut holes, dig under and climb ov.......oh wait....Deer.

Deer Are delicous.

Give me $25 and I'll kill an extra doe for you, and donate it to the HUSH fund, which feeds the needy.hehe, time to go Ted Nugent on dey asses.

kcfan82
10-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Better the deer than you. I lost a friend to a deer. They are a serious problem

Damn man, sorry to hear that. I was actually debating selling my truck for a car. I'm fairly sure that had I been in a car and lower to the ground that deer would have been sitting in my passenger seat.

Skip Towne
10-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Deer are just big goats. Except they are more athletic.

MOhillbilly
10-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Deer are just big big dogs with horns. Except they are more athletic.

excellent.

Rain Man
10-24-2007, 07:29 PM
I went to Yellowstone National Park a couple of years ago, and they had warnings about driving too fast. Apparently, no one wins in a car-buffalo collision.

Apparently, even if you drive slow, there's a chance that a nearby buffalo can suddenly get ticked off and ram your car, so they said that if a buffalo is near the road, keep an eye on it. We passed several that were walking along the shoulder at one point, so we kept that in mind.

JBucc
10-24-2007, 07:31 PM
We went to one of those places where you can drive through some buffalo and other animals and feed them and I got licked by a buffalo.

Rain Man
10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
We went to one of those places where you can drive through some buffalo and other animals and feed them and I got licked by a buffalo.

Do you look like salt?

wazu
10-24-2007, 07:34 PM
I really wish they would extend dear season a few weeks. Would anybody miss them?

JBucc
10-24-2007, 07:34 PM
I was swimming in the Dead Sea a few hours before.

Rain Man
10-24-2007, 07:37 PM
I was swimming in the Dead Sea a few hours before.

That'll do it.

Frazod
10-24-2007, 07:43 PM
I went to Yellowstone National Park a couple of years ago, and they had warnings about driving too fast. Apparently, no one wins in a car-buffalo collision.

Apparently, even if you drive slow, there's a chance that a nearby buffalo can suddenly get ticked off and ram your car, so they said that if a buffalo is near the road, keep an eye on it. We passed several that were walking along the shoulder at one point, so we kept that in mind.

We almost got wiped out by a buffalo in Yellowstone. Topped a hill going about 50, and there it was, just standing in the middle of the road. My cousin locked up his brakes and missed the thing by no more than a foot. I've also had numerous close calls with deer in the Black Hills - they're thick as flies out there.

I understand protecting buffalo, but deer? C'mon, the goddamn things are EVERYWHERE. Long-legged rats. All hunting restrictions need to be lifted until the population gets under control.

Oh Snap
10-24-2007, 07:47 PM
pics of the deer?

Rain Man
10-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Deer are just rats with antlers. But more athletic.

StcChief
10-24-2007, 07:50 PM
took out a friend of mine jumping his car. hoves went thru windshield... way to many out there.....

take 'em to a deer processor and let it be.

Iowanian
10-24-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm the Deer Predator.

Tonight, I'm running a bargain special....for $50, I'll kill and donate 2 deer to the hungry this archery season.

Apply Now.

Rain Man
10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
I can't eat deer, because my supermarket doesn't sell it.

Iowanian
10-24-2007, 07:58 PM
I could send you some...in jerky form for your purchase of 2 Iowani-tags.

You could be saving 2 or more vehicles and fellow citizens from impending danger!

Skip Towne
10-24-2007, 07:59 PM
I can't eat deer, because my supermarket doesn't sell it.
It's really gamey. Really strong taste and smell. My buddy lives on it and he says the "backstrap" is the best part. I can't stand to smell it cooking.

Donger
10-24-2007, 08:00 PM
took out a friend of mine jumping his car. hoves went thru windshield... way to many out there.....

take 'em to a deer processor and let it be.

Perhaps your friend should not be jumping his car?

Donger
10-24-2007, 08:00 PM
It's really gamey. Really strong taste and smell. My buddy lives on it and he says the "backstrap" is the best part. I can't stand to smell it cooking.

How does it compare to the taste of buffalo meat?

Iowanian
10-24-2007, 08:02 PM

The backstraps, or Loins are the best and most tender...they're what you make butterfly steaks from. A buck, especially one taken during the rut would have more of a "gamey" flavor and might smell...vension does smell different than beef, but its not terrible, especially doe and young ones. Deer is a dark meat, and is very very lean(see healthy).

Buffal meat has a different texture, and it also has alot tougher marbling.

The trick is to cut off any and all "white"...fat and grind with pork fat.

It makes great chili and burgers......but we make alot of our own jerky which is my prefered consumption method. Dadowanian makes some good jerky.

Fire Me Boy!
10-24-2007, 08:08 PM
The backstraps, or Loins are the best and most tender...they're what you make butterfly steaks from. A buck, especially one taken during the rut would have more of a "gamey" flavor and might smell...vension does smell different than beef, but its not terrible, especially doe and young ones. Deer is a dark meat, and is very very lean(see healthy).

It makes great chili and burgers......but we make alot of our own jerky which is my prefered consumption method. Dadowanian makes some good jerky.
It doesn't get better than venison summer sausage.

But it's also my preferred meat for chili.

Boise_Chief
10-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Hunt white tails and make sure you get to them as quickly as possible and they will taste great. If a dear is down and not field dressed for more than an hour to an hour and a half tops you will start tasting it in the meat. Also, do your own proccessing you'll respect your meat more and you know where it has been.
Don't forget kids respect your meat.

Boise_Chief
10-24-2007, 08:10 PM
hehe deer.

Skip Towne
10-24-2007, 08:13 PM

A lot of people around here just love it. It's too strong for me. When we raised our own beef, and took it to the local locker plant for processing, we got a stronger taste that I got used to. And really got to like. Supermarket steaks tasted bland after having our own. I'd say it tasted about halfway between supermarket beef and venison. Good stuff.

Demonpenz
10-24-2007, 08:17 PM
I love deer jerkey. Since beef jerkey is like 100 bucks for 10 pieces i love it when someone sends us like all the deer jerkey i can handle goes great with cold nights and football

ChiefaRoo
10-24-2007, 08:20 PM
A lot of people around here just love it. It's too strong for me. When we raised our own beef, and took it to the local locker plant for processing, we got a stronger taste that I got used to. And really got to like. Supermarket steaks tasted bland after having our own. I'd say it tasted about halfway between supermarket beef and venison. Good stuff.

Skip - Deer is gamey, doncha' thaink so Earl?
Earl - Yep.
Skip - Lets go eat some more of that bulk jerkey we bought at Sams
Earl - Ok boss, by the way have I said you look good without a shirt on?
Skip - Aww hell Earl.... ya' always know how to make me feel so special.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/buyingguy/redneck_mentor1.jpg

Midway Chief
10-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Here is the bastard that totaled my car a few years back. At least I got the *****er's head! His skull and horns hang in my garage.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/Mizzou92/Deercar.jpg

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2007, 09:37 PM

Fried deer loins are my favorite part of the deer.

ChiefaRoo
10-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Fried deer loins are my favorite part of the deer.

Loin eater. LMAO

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Loin eater. LMAO

Coming from a fan of Stinky Pinky U this doesnt suprise me.

ChiefaRoo
10-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Coming from a fan of Stinky Pinky U this doesnt suprise me.

Furry Pig U rules.

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Furry Pig U rules.

Man I cant for basketball season, its going to get fun around here. :)

blueballs
10-25-2007, 12:45 AM
You didn't call the police because you knew
the deer's pussy would get cold before they came and went
you sick bastard -how was it by the way

Micjones
10-25-2007, 01:38 AM
One of the little ****ers smashed in the front passenger side of my car the other day. One block from my damn house...

I never saw the thing coming. Not until it was too late...

HonestChieffan
10-25-2007, 05:56 AM
Blame the Deer. Blame the State. Blame the Fed.

Bwana
10-25-2007, 07:08 AM
Umm

kepp
10-25-2007, 07:11 AM
Yeah, put up a fence and they'll jump over it and right INTO your car instead of in front of it.
http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Tommy-Boy-p03.jpg

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Yeah, put up a fence and they'll jump over it and right INTO your car instead of in front of it.
http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Tommy-Boy-p03.jpg
Leave David Spade Alone!!

He looks just like that Crocker queer in your av.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
10-25-2007, 10:41 AM
I could send you some...in jerky form for your purchase of 2 Iowani-tags.

You could be saving 2 or more vehicles and fellow citizens from impending danger!

Deer Jerky - sounds like a salutation on the last letter I received from my ex-wife (drum roll - cymbal crash)

Frosty
10-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Deer are definitely a menace, plus they ruin your yard and garden unless you put up a giant fence. :shake:

We are starting to have a problem here with moose now. Had a local school bus hit one a couple of weeks ago. Those suckers will take you out if hit them.

patteeu
10-25-2007, 11:26 AM

When we went through Yosemite this year, we found out that they put out temporary road signs indicating the locations of the handful of car-induced bear fatalities they have each year.

Red Bear, Dead Bear Pilot Program Launched in Yosemite National Park (http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=944&t=944)
Program is aimed at educating visitors about wildlife fatalities

Yosemite National Park announced the beginning of the pilot project Red Bear, Dead Bear, an educational program designed to inform visitors about the danger that speeding presents for wildlife in the park.

Visitors may see signs with the Red Bear, Dead Bear logo along the Tioga Road. Each sign indicates an area where several bears have been hit, a visual reminder to slow down and be aware of wildlife on roadways.

Every year, several bears, hundreds of deer, and countless other animals are killed while trying to cross park roads. In 2005, over a dozen bears, some cubs, were hit by motor vehicles. Many of these collisions could have been avoided had drivers been obeying posted speed limits.

Please remember that all wildlife is protected in Yosemite National Park. By driving the speed limit you are helping to protect the park and its wildlife.

People who want to learn more about the Red Bear, Dead Bear program can attend the Public Open House in Yosemite Valley on November 30, 2005, or contact the Yosemite National Park media relations office.

-NPS-

Wile_E_Coyote
10-25-2007, 11:29 AM
If only the public would demand deer hide seat covers this would stop. Come on ladies, deer hide hats are really sexy

patteeu
10-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Umm

I need to get one of those for my truck. I hit a deer last night that was just standing in the road without a thought of getting out of my way. Fortunately, I was able to slow down enough before impact that it didn't damage my front end. Unfortunately for the next guy, the deer appeared to have survived without serious injury. With that bad boy on my front end, I could have just driven right through the demon beast.

Fish
10-25-2007, 11:38 AM
demon beast..... ROFL

patteeu
10-25-2007, 11:39 AM

You probably already know this, but my understanding is that most insurance policies cover damage from collisions with deer without putting you at risk for an increased premium.

Frosty
10-25-2007, 11:45 AM
You probably already know this, but my understanding is that most insurance policies cover damage from collisions with deer without putting you at risk for an increased premium.

Of course, those of us who live in deer country get to pay through the nose on our comp. :cuss:

kepp
10-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Leave David Spade Alone!!

He looks just like that Crocker queer in your av.
Thanks. I forgot I had that up there.

BigRedChief
10-25-2007, 11:56 AM

Would it be too much to ask for the state of Missouri to put some fences up by Longview lake and the interstate? Jesus

http://home.everestkc.net/husker2008/Photo0003.jpg
I live by Longview and there are all kinds of deer in that area. You have to be careful a night.