PDA

View Full Version : WHITLOCK - Holmes’ selfish ways have hurt the Chiefs

Pages : [1] 2

Hammock Parties
10-24-2007, 10:38 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/331872.html

According to my e-mail, voice mail, Carl Peterson and FOP — friends of Priest Holmes — I owe Kansas City’s 34-year-old running back an apology.

According to my respected colleagues at The Star, local TV stars Jack Harry and Frank Boal and ESPN.com’s Len Pasquarelli, last Sunday Priest Holmes completed a remarkable comeback by playing against the Oakland Raiders.

King Carl made a point to stroll by me in Kansas City’s victorious, postgame locker room and triumphantly announce, “Priest Holmes is back.”

Back from what, quitting?

Seriously, it gets old playing the role of bad guy, but someone has to do it. It seems like when it comes to discussing or analyzing athletes, we’re locked in this never-ending game of good or evil, hero or goat, right or wrong.

Most of us are filled with a little of both. Priest Holmes certainly is.

I’m going to clarify my position on Priest Holmes one last time, and then be done with it.

I don’t dislike Priest Holmes. For reasons I do not know, I believe he intentionally tries to confuse people, particularly the news media, coaches and front-office executives. That is his right. For that reason, I believe virtually nothing that comes out of his mouth. I believe his actions.

He quit football. Nothing wrong with that. He tired of the game, took an opportunity to walk away and collect a 2006 paycheck while sitting at home. I say he “quit” because his actions indicate just that. Players get injured all the time, and you can’t get them away from the game, the locker room, the film study, the fellowship with teammates and coaches.

Anyone remember Trent Green? How did he react when injured a year ago or even this season in Miami? They carried Trent Green off on a stretcher, strapped to a gurney like a death-row inmate, and he was back in the locker room begging to play in a couple of weeks.

Holmes? He walked off the field in San Diego in 2005 after absorbing a hit from Shawne Merriman. No one has ever offered a clear, concise explanation of his injury. Jack Harry, at one time, described it as a “tumor” for his viewers. Whatever, Holmes was never hospitalized, as far as I know. There was no extensive rehab. As best as I can remember, Holmes’ Los Angeles doctor prescribed rest.

We’re not talking about Kevin Everett relearning to walk, Lance Armstrong surviving chemotherapy, Mike Alstott coming back to football after having a disk in his neck removed and replaced with a vertebra from a cadaver, Alonzo Mourning recovering from kidney disease.

We’re talking about a hard hit, tingling in Holmes’ fingers, inconclusive tests and a prescription of rest.

Holmes rested in San Antonio, away from his teammates and away from his employer. According to Holmes, he spent his time away from football connecting with his five children. Great. It’s good that Holmes wants to be a father to his kids. Many responsible men balance parenting with career demands and wife demands. Most good fathers would love to spend 22 uninterrupted months connecting with their children.

I’m not blasting Priest Holmes. Trent Green should’ve retired last year. But don’t you think Green could’ve found a doctor to prescribe a year’s worth of rest to recover from his concussion, if he was looking for a way to sit at home and get paid?

Now, sometime over the summer, the Chiefs tried to talk Holmes into announcing his retirement. Holmes declined, and in late July he announced he would report to training camp. Again, there was no clear, concise explanation of what had transpired to magically make Holmes healthy enough to play. Holmes credited a dream.

I credit Carl Peterson. He basically told Holmes to retire or play. There were no more free paychecks for “resting” in San Antonio.

I wish Holmes much success this season. A lot of people are rooting for Holmes because they’ve soured on Larry “LJ-Z” Johnson. LJ-Z has been a poor teammate. In comparison, Holmes looks like a good teammate.

I’m not so sure. The reality is Holmes could’ve worked out with the Chiefs during the offseason and reported to training camp ready to contribute. Had Holmes been with the team in March, demonstrated he was serious about playing, participated in exhibition games, perhaps Carl Peterson could’ve dealt with LJ-Z more aggressively in contract negotiations. Who knows? Peterson might’ve pulled the trigger on a trade with the Packers.

Holmes’ selfishness hurt the Chiefs. It can’t all be explained away because Holmes has convinced everyone he’s different. If that’s the case, then Larry Johnson is different, too, and we should all just accept it.

We don’t have to accept it. The Chiefs have two running backs who allow their selfish tendencies to undermine team progress.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Whitlock fires back and lands a direct hit.

JASON WHITLOCK SUNK CARL'S BATTLESHIP!

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8114/mushroomcloudln9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

10-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Can it Fatlock

SBK
10-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Whitlock whiffed on this one.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Whitlock whiffed on this one.

No. He's absolutely right. Priest wanted to continue to get paid, so he came back to play, which was the only way the Chiefs would continue to pay him.

The only thing Whitlock whiffed on was coming up with a nickname for LJ.

Hootie
10-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Nails it.

Paul Palmer
10-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Why can't a fan simply enjoy the surprising return of one of the best players ever to play for the franchise? Who cares if he is mystreious with the media...In fact that adds to his legendary performances and comeback...

Mecca
10-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Shouldn't Holmes be good before everyone starts sucking him off?

tk13
10-24-2007, 10:58 PM
I think the large flaw in this line of thinking is that this would make Carl a quiet under the table negotiator. And he's not. We all know how many articles we've read over the years from all parties about Carl's ego. He had no problem sending Trent Green down the river or saying LJ was no LT, or basically throwing Dick Vermeil and his "circus" under the bus. But for some reason he's just been nice to Priest Holmes.

ChiefaRoo
10-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Who cares. Can he score touchdowns or not?

Logical
10-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Why can't a fan simply enjoy the surprising return of one of the best players ever to play for the franchise? Who cares if he is mystreious with the media...In fact that adds to his legendary performances and comeback...:clap::clap::clap: Noob nailed it.

10-24-2007, 11:09 PM
I think the large flaw in this line of thinking is that this would make Carl a quiet under the table negotiator. And he's not. We all know how many articles we've read over the years from all parties about Carl's ego. He had no problem sending Trent Green down the river or saying LJ was no LT, or basically throwing Dick Vermeil and his "circus" under the bus. But for some reason he's just been nice to Priest Holmes.

So what does Priest have on Carl? :hmmm:

BigRock
10-24-2007, 11:10 PM
It seems like when it comes to discussing or analyzing athletes, we’re locked in this never-ending game of good or evil, hero or goat, right or wrong.

Actually, I think the "right and wrong" game is over, Jason.

Priest Holmes has no intention of playing tackle football again. Matter of fact, Priest probably has no intention of playing flag football again. Let me take it a step further: Priest won’t play Xbox football again.

The constant medical evaluations of his neck and spine are simply steps in a dance he must do with the Chiefs to protect the signing bonus he received before the 2003 season.

Priest Holmes’ return to the Chiefs is a business move and negotiating ploy.

I’ll refer to the Chiefs’ all-time leading rusher as Pawn Holmes, a pesky chess piece in the middle of Larry Johnson’s contract negotiations.

Overshadowed by Pawn Holmes’ announcement that he plans to return to the Chiefs were shocking developments in Jared Allen’s contract negotiations with the Chiefs.

Carl Peterson released a second statement Wednesday afternoon, divulging that Bobby Bell, Neil Smith and Art Still also informed the Chiefs they planned to report to training camp on Saturday and restart their playing careers.

You might think I’m a little obsessed with Priest Holmes and his comeback. Maybe I am. I find it rather fascinating — the dishonesty of it

When the Chiefs finally do sign Johnson, I believe Holmes will get what he’s wanted all along — his unconditional release. He doesn’t want to play for the Chiefs. Not under his current contract.

His whole Kansas City comeback bid is a farce.

He has virtually no interest in playing here.

And you lost.

Logical
10-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Yup, no doubt Jason got owned and is bitter about it. No suprise.

MaxFects
10-25-2007, 12:38 AM
It's weird how you meet so few people to that own up to things. So many prideful people in this damn world.

blueballs
10-25-2007, 12:51 AM
Go suck a fat one
you fat ****

kcxiv
10-25-2007, 12:59 AM
Yup, no doubt Jason got owned and is bitter about it. No suprise.
yup

jAZ
10-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Priest wanted to continue to get paid, so he came back to play, which was the only way the Chiefs would continue to pay him.
League-freakin-minimum.

:rolleyes:

kcxiv
10-25-2007, 02:34 AM
Yeah, because Priest was the reason the Dline declined. He hurt them.

Whitlock tried to fire back, but it was nothing but blanks. Poor guy tried, but there was nothing. He should have just left it alone and moved on.

Anyong Bluth
10-25-2007, 03:08 AM
Jwit whiffed on this one.

Priest may not be the most social of players, but why don't at least do your homework before spouting off. I happen to know the deal Priest was offered to renegotiate his contract so he could still collect what he had earned and still make it very cap friendly for the Chiefs.

Priest came back to play. He may have his own reasons, but this article has 0 insight to the restructuring of his deal.

kstater
10-25-2007, 03:45 AM
:shake:

trndobrd
10-25-2007, 04:06 AM
Bigsexy can't even come up with new crap to spew? He is simply a crybaby and with one column becomes a parody of himself.

-Holmes tries to "confuse" people? Jwhit seems to be easily confused and is now throwing a temper tantrum.

-"No one has ever offered a clear, concise explanation of his injury"...that's the point NitWhit doesn't seem to understand, there probably never was a a clear, consise,explanation to Holmes' spinal cord injury. Spinal injuries are like that. Perhaps if Holmes and the Chiefs had offered BigSexy a peek at Holmes' charts that medical degree from Ball State would have come in handy. (BTW, concussions and spinal damage are not the same animal)

-"Jack Harry, at one time, described it as a “tumor” for his viewers."....Jack Harry is an idiot and the only thing that stands between JWhit and the title of most irrelevant and vitrolic member of the KC sports media.

-"He was looking for a way to sit at home and get paid"....That's why he restructured for league minimum? I'm sorry Holmes absence deprived Whitless and his colleagues of so many Holmes vs.LJ stories over the past few months. If Carl and the Chiefs wanted him around, Holmes would have been in KC.

-"LJ is a bad teammate"...Seriously, this crap again? Oh, that's right, Bigsexy is one of the guys, hanging out in the locker room, working out with the team, etc.

-"Holmes selfishness hurt the Chiefs." .... And this is where the wheels finally fall completely off the JWhit Hatewagon.

What, precisely, has Holmes done to hurt the Chiefs? Bust the salary cap by collecting his league minimum? Take time away from the club to evaluate his priorities, seek medical advice and avoid a RB contoversy? Decide to come back to the game as a role player?

Braincase
10-25-2007, 05:17 AM
Real men admit when they've made a mistake. See the Priest Apology thread, Jason. You were wrong. Now sack up.

Kerberos
10-25-2007, 05:23 AM
Anyone notice that predominately it's the HUARD homers that are agreeing with JWhit?

Dumbasses must truely think alike!

:shrug:

Pushead2
10-25-2007, 05:24 AM
::shake::

TEX
10-25-2007, 05:46 AM
Anyone notice that predominately it's the HUARD homers that are agreeing with JWhit?

Dumbasses must truely think alike!

:shrug:

Not all of us. I support Huard but disagree with Jason on this article.

He quit football. Nothing wrong with that. He tired of the game, took an opportunity to walk away and collect a 2006 paycheck while sitting at home.

Yes, but he did get a lower, restructured, pay check while he did things on his terms. IMHO, there is nothing wrong with that because he didn't officially retire. What Jason fails to realize is that much of coming back from an injury is mental. How one prepares mentally is a personal thing. Holmes did it his way and I reapect the hell out of that. Just my take...

Kerberos
10-25-2007, 06:17 AM
Not all of us. I support Huard but disagree with Jason on this article.

He quit football. Nothing wrong with that. He tired of the game, took an opportunity to walk away and collect a 2006 paycheck while sitting at home.

Yes, but he did get a lower, restructured, pay check while he did things on his terms. IMHO, there is nothing wrong with that because he didn't officially retire. What Jason fails to realize is that much of coming back from an injury is mental. How one prepares mentally is a personal thing. Holmes did it his way and I reapect the hell out of that. Just my take...

I never said ALL ....thus the "Predominately" moniker.

King_Chief_Fan
10-25-2007, 06:21 AM
No. He's absolutely right. Priest wanted to continue to get paid, so he came back to play, which was the only way the Chiefs would continue to pay him.

looks like to me you are the only idiot that thinks so

TEX
10-25-2007, 06:24 AM
I never said ALL ....thus the "Predominately" moniker.

Yeah - I know. I meant that while most might - some of us don't.

Kerberos
10-25-2007, 06:28 AM
Yeah - I know. I meant that while most might - some of us don't.BTW: I support Huard too as we really don't have a whole lot of choice. But I am NOT a "Huard Homer" like some of these retards.

This whole dreamed up "delusion of conspiracy" on part of King Carl and Priest by JWhit is assnine and I don't see how anyone with a brain can't see it as just that ...a delusion.

TEX
10-25-2007, 06:37 AM
BTW: I support Huard too as we really don't have a whole lot of choice.

This whole dreamed up "delusion of conspiracy" on part of King Carl and Priest by JWhit is assnine and I don't see how anyone with a brain can't see it as just that ...a delusion.

Yep. My reason for supporting Huard is the same. Plus, I didn't want to see Brodie play behind our O-line without the beenfit of a strong running game. I'd like to see us improve offensively a bit more so Brodie can get the best chance to succeed.

Hammock Parties
10-25-2007, 06:38 AM
League-freakin-minimum.

That's still a nice chunk of change.

HemiEd
10-25-2007, 06:39 AM

I think he hit that one out of the park, I like it.

LJ-Z!

BigRedChief
10-25-2007, 06:47 AM
If Holmes wanted to be a good teammate he would have been there for LJ and others to encourage them on. He chose to sit on his couch in San Antonio. He came to one game and sit in a suite, got caught on tape eating nachos and was embrassed.

Where was Trent? At the stadium, in the weight room, talking to teammates, watching film offering input etc.etc.

I love what Priest did for us. It was a great experience seeing what he did live on the football field. But, how he conducted himself after his injury left a bad taste for me.

Hammock Parties
10-25-2007, 06:49 AM

LJ-Z!

It's dumb. A reference to his friendship with Jay Z, but LJ really isn't anything like Jay Z.

HemiEd
10-25-2007, 06:51 AM

LJ-Z!

The rest of the article is bullshit defensive bitterness for being totally ****ing wrong on the subject.

Hammock Parties
10-25-2007, 06:58 AM
The rest of the article is bullshit defensive bitterness for being totally ****ing wrong on the subject.

I'm not saying Whitlock wasn't wrong about a lot of stuff - he was. But he's right about Priest's motivations. He absolutely has that one nailed. Where else is Priest going to get 870 grand over the next few months?
This is the part that really strikes home:

I’m not so sure. The reality is Holmes could’ve worked out with the Chiefs during the offseason and reported to training camp ready to contribute.

jettio
The last three paragraphs of the article make no sense at all.

Especially when you consider that Whitlock was the one claiming that Priest was a pawn who was only in camp because he was helping CP gain leverage in his contract negotiations with LJ.

Since Whitlock was the idiot to christen that idea, why is he now crying that it is Holmes fault for not getting in better shape sooner to be a better pawn in contract negotiations.

Bwana
Way off base on this one.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 07:03 AM
I'm not saying Whitlock wasn't wrong about a lot of stuff - he was. But he's right about Priest's motivations. He absolutely has that one nailed.

No reason to doubt Mr. Credibilities insight into the motivational force which drives Priest Holmes.

ROFL

Simply Red
10-25-2007, 07:05 AM
Keep fugging doubting `Big Sexy.` :rolleyes:

Hootie
10-25-2007, 07:06 AM
It's quite simple...Priest was STILL collecting paychecks for being a 'football dad.'

I would've had no problem with him standing on the sidelines all year long and collecting those paychecks while supporting the team and at least answering questions regarding his football future...

But instead he didn't...and when Carl gave him the ultimatum 'play, retire or get cut' SUDDENLY Priest was healthy and ready to make a comeback!

Sorry, don't buy it.

I'm glad he's back, he looked pretty good out there against Oakland. If he helps us win football games I'm all for Priest Holmes, always have been.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 07:08 AM
But instead he didn't...and when Carl gave him the ultimatum 'play, retire or get cut' SUDDENLY Priest was healthy and ready to make a comeback!

Uh... proof that this happened? Fatlock speculation is not proof.

MahiMike
10-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Not his best article but right-on as usual. Priest was fleecing the Chiefs and he and Carl know it. His comeback justifies not having to pay back any $. I would doubt he plays next year but who knows - Priest might have another kid to feed.

Hammock Parties
10-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Why else would Priest report to training camp? He could have reported much earlier and show up in shape.

Bottom line - Priest wasn't going to do more than he had to do to secure that 870 grand.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 07:11 AM
So many conspiracy theorists...

Hootie
10-25-2007, 07:12 AM
Uh... proof that this happened? Fatlock speculation is not proof.
Use a little logic...

Why did Priest SUDDENLY decide he was going to make a comeback? Huh? Seriously...

I'm glad Priest is back but no one, not even Whitlock, should be faulted for questioning his logic before the season. Dude disappears for two years while getting paid and amid all of the speculation he was going to retire SUDDENLY he pops in for our HBO training camp blah blah blah...

I seriously question all of the media that DIDN'T draw up the same conclusions that Whitlock did in training camp...

Hootie
10-25-2007, 07:14 AM
I still think Priest would've stayed on the NFI had LJ started off better than he did...if LJ was averaging 100 YPG and ripping off 4.5 YPC Bennett would still be his back-up and Holmes would have never been activated.

Holmes was a panic move by Carl to try and give his 50 million dollar back a little spark...try to light that Larry fire.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 07:15 AM
I seriously question all of the media that DIDN'T draw up the same conclusions that Whitlock did in training camp...

Maybe because some of them are responsible journalists that don't print self-fabricated fiction.

:hmmm:

Hootie
10-25-2007, 07:18 AM
Maybe because some of them are responsible journalists that don't print self-fabricated fiction.

LMAO

Yeah, that's what Whitlock's speculation was...

Honestly...you tell me what YOU THOUGHT when Priest announced his comeback...I want to hear what the KCMan that about all of this!!

Tell us how you thought Priest was being 100% sincere and how you KNEW he was in it for team camaraderie!!!

You're full of shit.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 07:20 AM
LMAO

Yeah, that's what Whitlock's speculation was...

Honestly...you tell me what YOU THOUGHT when Priest announced his comeback...I want to hear what the KCMan that about all of this!!

Tell us how you thought Priest was being 100% sincere and how you KNEW he was in it for team camaraderie!!!

You're full of shit.

Nice. I appreciate how you ask a question, answer it for me and then throw on an insult at the end.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Nice. I appreciate how you ask a question, answer it for me and then throw on an insult at the end.
That's how I roll.

Kylo Ren
10-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Whithack --- Priest was INJURED! He had a SPINAL injury! Yes, he probably contemplated whether he should return or not. Yes, it took a long time for his doctors to clear him to play. But, he never said he was retired. He always said he would come back if he could. He was right and you were WRONG! You are a jackass, a liar and a hack. Please leave KC alone. Go away. We hate you.

This goes double for the bitter old man, Jack Harry.

Kerberos
10-25-2007, 07:22 AM

Journalists with "Integrity" .... surely you jest? ;)

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Journalists with "Integrity" .... surely you jest? ;)

Ahhh.... I never said that. ;)

Chiefnj2
10-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Pawn Holmes put jwhit in checkmate and whit can't deal with it. Maybe he should get a gig at WPI.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 07:25 AM
LMAO

I find it somewhat ironic that as soon as Priest decided he was going to comeback, he was MAGICALLY cleared by doctors...

I don't think he faked the injury, I really don't...but I think the whole IR move in the first place was a panic move by DV because he didn't want to admit he was playing the wrong guy...LJ was a total animal that year and Priest and Green were Vermeil boys...Priest hits IR, LJ goes on to break a TON of records and would've had an even better year than the one LT turned in last year had he been the #1 guy from week 1...

That was a 12 win team had Priest not started the first 7 games...LJ could not be stopped.

crazycoffey
10-25-2007, 07:25 AM
I'm not saying Whitlock wasn't wrong about a lot of stuff - he was. But he's right about Priest's motivations. He absolutely has that one nailed. Where else is Priest going to get 870 grand over the next few months?

You really want to write for the Star, don't you?

C-Mac
10-25-2007, 07:26 AM
Why else would Priest report to training camp? He could have reported much earlier and show up in shape.

Bottom line - Priest wasn't going to do more than he had to do to secure that 870 grand.

So your suggesting that he blew his 10 million already and now greed is the only factor he chose to risk being paralyzed the rest of his life? :rolleyes:

Hootie
10-25-2007, 07:27 AM
So your suggesting that he blew his 10 million already and now greed is the only factor he chose to risk being paralyzed the rest of his life? :rolleyes:
Must've been nice to be paid to be a football dad like he did last year!

dirk digler
10-25-2007, 07:28 AM
No surprise that goatse thinks Whitlock nailed this article.

All Whitlock had to do was to copy Jack Harry and apologize and say he was wrong. We all were wrong including myself but Fatlock has too big of an ego to admit anything.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 07:28 AM

Do not question him! He knows all that motivates and guides the decision making of Priest Holmes.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 07:29 AM
I love how LJ still gets dissed and PH still gets praised by Chiefs fans...

Priest has been paid to be a Chief the last two years and has been nowhere to be seen. Some teammate!

Hammock Parties
10-25-2007, 07:31 AM
You really want to write for the Star, don't you?

Come on man. The Star hates Warpaint. They probably hate me. Posting crap on a message board isn't going to help me get a job with the Star.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 07:31 AM

Priest has been paid to be a Chief the last two years and has been nowhere to be seen. Some teammate!

I haven't dissed LJ. The way you all are making Priest out as a $$-motivated fraud is equally as wrong as those who make LJ out as a team-cancer who only plays for himself and, at times, "doesn't try".

stevieray
10-25-2007, 07:32 AM
If Holmes wanted to be a good teammate he would have been there for LJ and others to encourage them on. He chose to sit on his couch in San Antonio. He came to one game and sit in a suite, got caught on tape eating nachos and was embrassed.

Where was Trent? At the stadium, in the weight room, talking to teammates, watching film offering input etc.etc.

I love what Priest did for us. It was a great experience seeing what he did live on the football field. But, how he conducted himself after his injury left a bad taste for me.

Dougie, I love ya man, but you're acting like a scorned woman about this.

Jason, your article sucks.

WilliamTheIrish
10-25-2007, 07:33 AM
The only part of the entire article that bothers me is that our franchise has a GM in his 19th year, that has such a stick up his ass that he has to resort to this:

King Carl made a point to stroll by me in Kansas City’s victorious, postgame locker room and triumphantly announce, “Priest Holmes is back.”

This tells me that still, Carl can't take even the tiniest criticism. What a friggin tool.

dirk digler
10-25-2007, 07:33 AM

Actually LJ is one of my favorite players I rarely diss on the guy.

I agree that Priest hasn't always been the best team mate but if you go back this past week Carl said he was never going to go after any money from Priest. In fact IIRC the only player CP has ever gone after the money was Vanover.

WilliamTheIrish
10-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Come on man. The Star hates Warpaint. They probably hate me. Posting crap on a message board isn't going to help me get a job with the Star.

It hasn't hurt Jason.

dirk digler
10-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Maybe Whitlock should read some of his co-workers stuff:

Peterson wants to explain this part carefully. He really wants people to understand this. Two years ago, almost to the day, Priest Holmes got held up on a play in San Diego and then got clocked by Chargers linebacker Shawne "roidman" Merriman. Holmes still does not remember the next 30 minutes or so. Doctors, as they can be, were vague about his condition and uncertain about his future in football. They felt strongly, though, that he should sit out the 2006 season.

Peterson says he called up Holmes before that season began and asked: “Priest, do you think you might want to come back next year?”

Holmes said he did not know, but he thought that he still had something left.

Peterson then made an offer. He wanted to keep Holmes on the roster. That way, Holmes would still be a member of the Chiefs and have a chance for a comeback. But Peterson obviously could not keep Holmes on the roster for his $3.5 million salary. So Peterson asked Holmes if he would take the minimum salary for 2006 and 2007 (in Holmes’ case this was no pittance — $710,000). Holmes agreed.

“That was my decision,” Peterson said. “As general manager of the Kansas City Chiefs, I thought it was worth that money to keep Priest Holmes a member of our team. It wasn’t Priest’s idea. It was mine. I still felt that he might come back, and I think I know the character of this guy. I thought that was well worth it. And it was a way to pay back our all-time leading rusher.”

“I know some people think I’m an ogre,” Peterson says. “I know some people think I’m a tyrant. But this is just ridiculous. Priest Holmes doesn’t owe the Kansas City Chiefs anything. That money is gone. I don’t mean it’s gone — he has saved it. I mean as far as the Kansas City Chiefs are concerned, it’s gone. He earned it.

“Do people really think I would go after a player’s signing bonus, someone who did as much for the Chiefs as Priest Holmes? Willie Roaf retired with two years left on his contract. Did I go after his signing bonus? Of course not. He was a great player who did great things for the Chiefs. Priest Holmes gave his soul to the Kansas City Chiefs. If people think I would try to hurt him in any way, they don’t know what I’m about at all.”

Peterson pauses for a moment and carefully considers his next words.

“Why can’t people just accept,” he asks, “that Priest Holmes is unlike anybody else?”

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 07:37 AM
Actually LJ is one of my favorite players I rarely diss on the guy.

I agree that Priest hasn't always been the best team mate but if you go back this past week Carl said he was never going to go after any money from Priest. In fact IIRC the only player CP has ever gone after the money was Vanover.

Shhhhhhh.... don't bring up the facts!

crazycoffey
10-25-2007, 07:41 AM

Puh-leaze, the star calls you up and asks for some samples and you would have a fed-ex package going out thay day, even if you had to break into mommie's sock drawer...

J-Whitless is a pot stirring bastard and his momma was a streetwalker.

Rausch
10-25-2007, 07:42 AM
This tells me that still, Carl can't take even the tiniest criticism. What a friggin tool.

When half of what you write is inaccurate and the other half is attention grabbing criticism you're not going to be his best friend. Or perhaps the world just doesn't revolve around Jwhit because he got some face time on ESPN, like he thinks it should...

crazycoffey
10-25-2007, 07:45 AM
JWhitless deserves the criticism from Bob/CP/the Fans/Priest. IMO.

"LJ-Z" was the best thing in this article, and that's not a good thing.

Bwana
10-25-2007, 07:45 AM

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Maybe Whitlock should read some of his co-workers stuff:
Priest has earned the right to do whatever the fuk he feels like doing.

We have all seen him sacrifice his body for 6 enough times to earn EVERY cent he has ever been given.

Now all the people who doubted him wnt to trash him..........you people are sad. :shake:

stumppy
10-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Use a little logic...

Why did Priest SUDDENLY decide he was going to make a comeback? Huh? Seriously...

I'm glad Priest is back but no one, not even Whitlock, should be faulted for questioning his logic before the season. Dude disappears for two years while getting paid and amid all of the speculation he was going to retire SUDDENLY he pops in for our HBO training camp blah blah blah...

As opposed to GRADUALLY deciding to make a comeback ? Maybe if he would have told the media maybe I'll retire maybe I'll play ?

Or GRADUALLY popping into camp ? Maybe show up just for one day a week at first then work his way up to being there the whole week ?

Shaid
10-25-2007, 07:52 AM
So let me get this straight;

Priest comes back and plays at league minimum.
He is told,"Sorry, you can't practice with the rest of the team."
He works out on his own through the entire preseason and 6 weeks of the regular season.
During this time he watches how horrendous our line is playing and how LJ is getting mauled behind it.

Given these factors he decides, "Sure I'll be selfish and run behind this horrendous line, risk my life for league minimum, and risk ruining my legacy because I really need that league minimum money right now? My huge signing bonus from a few years ago isn't quite doing it for me anymore?

Sure, that makes perfect sense. Just give him the benefit of the doubt because noone is ever going to know the truth besides Priest.

siberian khatru
10-25-2007, 07:53 AM
He's free to speculate about Priest's motivation, but I really don't see how he ties it to hurting the Chiefs. I think it's a real stretch to say that Carl could've had leverage with LJ and saved some bucks -- or even traded him to Green Bay.

I keep seeing that scenario, but has anyone proved beyond pure idle speculation that the Pack were interested in LJ?

This column really was just a personal shot at Priest, and the "hurt the team" stuff was mere window dressing to deflect that fact.

dirk digler
10-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Priest has earned the right to do whatever the fuk he feels like doing.

We have all seen him sacrifice his body for 6 enough times to earn EVERY cent he has ever been given.

Now all the people who doubted him wnt to trash him..........you people are sad. :shake:

I wasn't trashing Priest you got the wrong dude. That was goat boy and his lover Hootie.

stumppy
10-25-2007, 07:57 AM
He's free to speculate about Priest's motivation, but I really don't see how he ties it to hurting the Chiefs. I think it's a real stretch to say that Carl could've had leverage with LJ and saved some bucks -- or even traded him to Green Bay.

I keep seeing that scenario, but has anyone proved beyond pure idle speculation that the Pack were interested in LJ?

This column really was just a personal shot at Priest, and the "hurt the team" stuff was mere window dressing to deflect that fact.

And the fact that his pussy hurts.

FYP

TEX

He works out on his own through the entire preseason and 6 weeks of the regular season.
During this time he watches how horrendous our line is playing and how LJ is getting mauled behind it.

Given these factors he decides, "Sure I'll be selfish and run behind this horrendous line, risk my life for league minimum, and risk ruining my legacy because I really need that league minimum money right now? My huge signing bonus from a few years ago isn't quite doing it for me anymore?

Sure, that makes perfect sense. Just give him the benefit of the doubt because noone is ever going to know the truth besides Priest.

He made the minimum last year. I believe this year his salary went up. Regardless, your pont is dead on target. He doesn't need any of this. He WANTS it. Furthermore, he's earned the right ot go out on his terms. I hope he plays another year! GO PRIEST!

Hootie
Puh-leaze, the star calls you up and asks for some samples and you would have a fed-ex package going out thay day, even if you had to break into mommie's sock drawer...

J-Whitless is a pot stirring bastard and his momma was a streetwalker.
who here wouldn't?

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 07:59 AM
I wasn't trashing Priest you got the wrong dude. That was goat boy and his lover Hootie.
I´m sorry man. I must have written that wrong. I was trying to agree whole heartedly with you. I understand where you were coming from. I was talking to the Priest bashers.

HemiEd
10-25-2007, 08:00 AM
This is the part that really strikes home:

What he and many others conveniently want to forget, the possibility of another injury prior to being cleared by Doctors. I believe Priest, he has done nothing to make me not believe him.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 08:01 AM
who here wouldn't?

I wouldn't.

Easy 6
10-25-2007, 08:02 AM

Nice post.

I guess i just dont see the point in analyzing it any further, he's back now & once he gets his legs beneath him, say, by week 10, we will have the most formidable duo in the NFL.

For me, its like a dream come true...why anyone would want to stir this shit up now is beyond me...UTTERLY pointless.

Quit bitching & ENJOY it.

Hootie
I wouldn't.
If the Star offered you close to six figures to cover the Chiefs you wouldn't do it?

Chiefnj2
congrats to jwhit and gretz for creating some controversy, debate and readership during the bye week. Jwhit, do you and Gretz sit down around Christmas time and laugh about the little schtick you've got going?

HemiEd
10-25-2007, 08:03 AM
So many conspiracy theorists...

Yep, and they all conveniently forget the guy was risking life long paralysis (sp?) until cleared. Does Priest **** with the media? Hell yes and I have always thought it was funny as hell.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 08:03 AM
If the Star offered you close to six figures to cover the Chiefs you wouldn't do it?

You think all of their writers make close to six figures?

No, I wouldn't. If I wanted to be a journalist I would have majored in journalism. On top of that, I wouldn't want to live in KC.

Basileus777
10-25-2007, 08:05 AM

They definitely don't, most journalists are not very highly paid.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:07 AM

No, I wouldn't. If I wanted to be a journalist I would have majored in journalism. On top of that, I wouldn't want to live in KC.
No, I don't...but I think Whitlock, Posnanski and Teicher do.

crazycoffey
10-25-2007, 08:08 AM

but that's not even the point, you show you mental density once again!

Goatboy was stroking Jwhit and I made the jestful claim that he kisses butt to gain favor for his "profession" ;) ;) and acted like he wouldn't be interested by saying "that'll never happen"

Sure, 6 figs to cover the chief and I'd be on it (my current salary, hell no - Hey I'm not a journalist), but then that was the point I was making to begin with, you muct be related to JWhitless...

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 08:08 AM
No, I don't...but I think Whitlock, Posnanski and Teicher do.

That's great, but you stated that anyone here would jump at the chance for a position covering the Chiefs with the star. That entry-level position (which it most definitely would be) wouldn't get near six figures.

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 08:09 AM
Yep, and they all conveniently forget the guy was risking life long paralysis (sp?) until cleared. Does Priest **** with the media? Hell yes and I have always thought it was funny as hell.
Me too. That´s one of my favorite things about him. He fuks with the media, but not in a TO CJ idiotic way. He has created this mystique(?)around him by screwing with their heads, and THAT is genious.

HemiEd
10-25-2007, 08:09 AM
Whithack --- Priest was INJURED! He had a SPINAL injury! Yes, he probably contemplated whether he should return or not. Yes, it took a long time for his doctors to clear him to play. But, he never said he was retired. He always said he would come back if he could. He was right and you were WRONG! You are a jackass, a liar and a hack. Please leave KC alone. Go away. We hate you.

This goes double for the bitter old man, Jack Harry.

Finally, someone remembers! :thumb: The media has put out so much conspiracy smoke that the injury was totally dismissed by many.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:10 AM
but that's not even the point, you show you mental density once again!

Goatboy was stroking Jwhit and I made the jestful claim that he kisses butt to gain favor for his "profession" ;) ;) and acted like he wouldn't be interested by saying "that'll never happen"

Sure, 6 figs to cover the chief and I'd be on it, but then that was the point I was making to begin with, you muct be related to JWhitless...
Just because I don't bash Whitlock and enjoy his articles and the publicity he gets the Chiefs makes me related to Whitlock?

Yep.

A lot of you are complete ****ing morons. I like Whitlock and I think Damon is the right choice at QB. I believe I'm allowed to have my own opinions on the team I root for.

Kerberos
10-25-2007, 08:11 AM

Quality Post my man. :thumb:

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:11 AM
That's great, but you stated that anyone here would jump at the chance for a position covering the Chiefs with the star. That entry-level position (which it most definitely would be) wouldn't get near six figures.
I don't think they'd be giving any entry-level positions to cover the Chiefs...

If the Star hires you to cover the Chiefs you're going to make decent money.

Rausch
10-25-2007, 08:12 AM
A lot of you are complete ****ing morons. I like Whitlock and I think Damon is the right choice at QB.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:12 AM
Exactly.

Molitoth
10-25-2007, 08:16 AM
I usually agree and enjoy reading jwhit articles, but this one had stinky beanbag all over it. This should have been another appology letter.

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Exactly.
Could you please pull Jwhit´s FAT schlong out of your mouth, and change your av. The man is the future of the Chiefs. You should be ashamed. :shake:

Basileus777
10-25-2007, 08:17 AM

Decent money for a journalist, which is not 6 figures.

crazycoffey
10-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Just because I don't bash Whitlock and enjoy his articles and the publicity he gets the Chiefs makes me related to Whitlock?

WRONG - I'm calling you WHITLESS by saying you were related to him, think literary not literarily.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Decent money for a journalist, which is not 6 figures.
how much do you think Jwhit makes at the Star?

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 08:19 AM

Yeah, they do. That Ivan guy a few years ago comes to mind.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Could you please pull Jwhit´s FAT schlong out of your mouth, and change your av. The man is the future of the Chiefs. You should be ashamed. :shake:
ROFL

Croyle will bust out after a half dozen starts. I predict he starts off 2008 HORRIBLY, gets injured, and we never see him starting again. 2010 he won't be a Chief.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Yeah, they do. That Ivan guy a few years ago comes to mind.
the guy that works at the Washington Post now?

Hmmm...

I bet he's hurting for money right now ROFL

Molitoth
10-25-2007, 08:21 AM
ROFL

Croyle will bust out after a half dozen starts. I predict he starts off 2008 HORRIBLY, gets injured, and we never see him starting again. 2010 he won't be a Chief.

At least the organization will know to keep searching for a good QB.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 08:21 AM
A lot of you are complete ****ing morons.

Pot, meet kettle.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:22 AM
At least the organization will know to keep searching for a good QB.
I won't be pleased until we spend a FIRST ROUND PICK on a QB with FIRST ROUND TALENT.

Croyle has a good arm and that is it.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 08:22 AM
the guy that works at the Washington Post now?

Hmmm...

I bet he's hurting for money right now ROFL

Yes, he did well and got PROMOTED. When he was at the Star he wasn't a top guy.

Hammock Parties
10-25-2007, 08:23 AM
Puh-leaze, the star calls you up and asks for some samples and you would have a fed-ex package going out that day

For sure, but it's not going to happen, and not because of anything I post here. Get real.

HemiEd
Me too. That´s one of my favorite things about him. He fuks with the media, but not in a TO CJ idiotic way. He has created this mystique(?)around him by screwing with their heads, and THAT is genious.

It is unique and entertaining to say the least.

burt
I won't be pleased until we spend a FIRST ROUND PICK on a QB with FIRST ROUND TALENT.

WRONG he also has a hot wife.

Hootie
Yes, he did well and got PROMOTED. When he was at the Star he wasn't a top guy.
I beg to differ. He was what Elizabeth Merrill was last year...

I bet he was making AT LEAST 70K at the Star. The Star is a pretty major newspaper.

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 08:25 AM
ROFL

You bashing him is prolly a good indicator, that he has a bright future ahead of him.

How many more carries does Priest need before before we dont have read your stupid opinions anymore? :hmmm:

Molitoth

So basically you are saying....
We can't do that unless we throw a season in the tank. Mediocracy will only get us the leftovers in the draft.

Personally I think a good QB can come from anywhere in the draft.
ex: Tom Brady among many others that have been mentioned.

Hootie
WRONG he also has a hot wife.
What else does he have beside a good arm?

Good pocket presense? Haven't seen it.
Good poise? Haven't seen it.
Good decision making skills? Ha!
Good size for a QB? No.
An injury riddled past? Yes.
Good footwork? No.

There's a reason why Damon Huard is our starting QB, and it has nothing to do with him being talented, because he really isn't...he makes good decisions and comes up with big plays in the clutch. I have a feeling we'd be 2-5 with Croyle.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 08:27 AM
There's a reason why Damon Huard is our starting QB, and it has nothing to do with him being talented, because he really isn't...he makes good decisions and comes up with big plays in the clutch.

Good decisions often lead to more INTs than TDs.

Hootie
You bashing him is prolly a good indicator, that he has a bright future ahead of him.

How many more carries does Priest need before before we dont have read your stupid opinions anymore? :hmmm:
Yep...because I was way off on the Green/Huard debacle last year. Oh wait a minute, I was one of MAYBE two who said all along Huard should be starting over Green. Even GOATSE backed off that sentiment when Green was coming back from injury.

And I'm not leaving if Priest gets 500 carries this year, so I hope that answers that question.

bobbything
Really, all any of this is is bruised egos. Everyone. Members of the KC media (Whitlock included) think so highly of themselves that when questioned, they freak out and write, what looks to be, a knee-jerk reaction to what was nothing more than a squabble between Whitlock, Carl Peterson, and the rest of the local media.

Does anyone really think that Priest Holmes cares what Whitlock thinks? Or Carl Peterson for that matter? No, (they) don't. It's Whitlock who is trying to convince this town that he's right, and everyone else is wrong. Even though nobody really cares.

Really, it doesn't matter at this point. Priest Holmes is playing football again. I was in the camp that thought he'd never play again. I thought this whole comeback thing was just theater. But, while much of it may have been, the encore still stars Priest Holmes in a football uniform.

Whitlock's title to this article is "Holmes' selfish ways have hurt the Chiefs." This is complete nonsense. Anything that is wrong with the Chiefs has nothing to do with Priest Holmes. And this article is Whitlock's futile attempt to hold onto his theory that "The Comeback" was fueled by something other "The Dream." Well, it may be; but who cares?

Hootie
Good decisions often lead to more INTs than TDs.
No, a lack of a running game and being one-dimensional leads to more INTs than TDs. Good decision making leads to more wins than losses.

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 08:28 AM

Good size for a QB? No.
Good footwork? No.

There's a reason why Damon Huard is our starting QB, and it has nothing to do with him being talented, because he really isn't...he makes good decisions and comes up with big plays in the clutch. I have a feeling we'd be 2-5 with Croyle.
You haven´t seen it, because he hasn´t played.......idiot.

Chief Henry
Jason has an eliquant way of sharing some thought provoking opinions about the chiefs. I for one
enjoy reading Jason.

Molitoth
Considering our O-Line....

Can Croyle scramble? yes

That makes him twice the QB Huard is already.

crazycoffey
For sure, but it's not going to happen, and not because of anything I post here. Get real.

This is what, the third time you replied to my posts? I guess CPiggy must have left you bored with only a handful of posters to toy with.

Jeez, thanks Simplex......:shake:

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:29 AM
You haven´t seen it, because he hasn´t played.......idiot.
So we drafted a QB that never played? That wasn't very smart...

Molitoth
10-25-2007, 08:30 AM

Welcome to the wagon.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Considering our O-Line....

Can Croyle scramble? yes

That makes him twice the QB Huard is already.
If people want Brodie for his scrambling abilities...well then I don't know what to say other than ROFL

Oh, and, Damon made two HUGE plays against Oakland out of the pocket.

BigRedChief
10-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Dougie, I love ya man, but you're acting like a scorned woman about this.
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/rmc/lowres/rmcn8l.jpg

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:31 AM
This is what, the third time you replied to my posts? I guess CPiggy must have left you bored with only a handful of posters to toy with.

You keep asking him questions...you expect him to not reply to your posts? Are you retarded?

Molitoth
10-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Damon made two HUGE plays against Oakland out of the pocket

haha that makes me cringe, go watch the replay of him turning around and almost falling over for the sack, then realizing "hey, wtf am I doing".

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:33 AM
haha that makes me cringe, go watch the replay of him turning around and almost falling over for the sack, then realizing "hey, wtf am I doing".
What are you talking about...he spun out of TWO STRAIGHT SACKS because his offensive line is AWFUL and made the two plays that essentially won us the game.

burt
10-25-2007, 08:34 AM

Good size for a QB? No.
Good footwork? No.

Hey, it may not help him on the field, but besides a good arm, he has a hot wife. As previously stated.

dirk digler
10-25-2007, 08:34 AM

No one claimed Carl and Herm were smart

burt
10-25-2007, 08:35 AM
What are you talking about...he barely staggered out of TWO STRAIGHT SACKS because his offensive line is AWFUL and made the two plays that essentially won us the game.

FYP.

crazycoffey
10-25-2007, 08:35 AM
You keep asking him questions...you expect him to not reply to your posts? Are you retarded?

I've asked many questions that hadn't been answered and no I'm not retarded, Dipsh*t.

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 08:36 AM
He WILL play. OH, and what we have seen:
Huard rating 78.9
Croyle 104.8

BTW you just said Croyle would start in 08.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:37 AM
FYP.
ROFL

He played pretty awful (as did the entire offense) for the first three quarters but when it counted Captain Clutch made two HUGE plays that won the Chiefs the football game (and the defense stepped up, too)...

Hootie
He WILL play. OH, and what we have seen:
Huard rating 78.9
Croyle 104.8

BTW you just said Croyle would start in 08.
I'm sure he will, and I HOPE he is a good QB, but I don't see it...I see him last a handful of games, tops.

crazycoffey
What are you talking about...he spun out of TWO STRAIGHT SACKS because his offensive line is AWFUL and made the two plays that essentially won us the game.

you mean the two plays he tried to fall down, but the back of an OL keeped him up and the butt bounce that followed pushed Horrid out of the pocket where he finally saw he had a chance to throw the ball?

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 08:38 AM
I like Huard, but if he would have STEPPED UP instead of turning his back as usual, he could have hit D Bo for 6.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:41 AM
you mean the two plays he tried to fall down, but the back of an OL keeped him up and the butt bounce that followed pushed Horrid out of the pocket where he finally saw he had a chance to throw the ball?
Unwarranted Huard bashing?! NOOOO WAY! WHO WOULDA THUNK IT!

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1046/huardbk5.gif

burt
ROFL

He played pretty awful (as did the entire offense) for the first three quarters but when it counted Captain Clutch made two HUGE plays that won the Chiefs the football game (and the defense stepped up, too)...

Huard did play adequately...I am glad we have him, but I wouldn't call him Captain Clutch....maybe Captain Adequate

Molitoth

hey, someone else saw what I saw!

Molitoth
10-25-2007, 08:43 AM
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1046/huardbk5.gif

I was thinking of the other one.

crazycoffey
10-25-2007, 08:43 AM
I don't hate Damon either, he's not bad and he's our QB - I want to win and if the coaches think he's the one that gives us the best chance so be it.

I have called out brodie's name during some late games where huard looked to be struggling, but I'm a fan and have that luxury.

I mostly like messing with the second coming of a UNAW.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:48 AM
I was thinking of the other one.
ROFL

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:49 AM
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/304/huardljcv8.gif

Yep!!! Man that HORRID! He can't do anything right (other than make HUGE plays with the game on the line...)!!!

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:50 AM
the thing that shocked me the most about that play was Huard LASERED that ball to LJ and LJ held on to it...very impressive.

burt
10-25-2007, 08:52 AM
the thing that shocked me the most about that play was Huard LASERED that ball to LJ and LJ held on to it...very impressive.

lasers wobble now?

crazycoffey
10-25-2007, 08:52 AM
I hate seeing our OL guys just standing around as the play progresses, you miss a block - that sucks, but get on with it and keep playing. Terry sucks.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:57 AM
I hate seeing our OL guys just standing around as the play progresses, you miss a block - that sucks, but get on with it and keep playing. Terry sucks.
posted those 2 .gifs and now no more Huard bashing, eh?! I thought he tried to fall down but the OL saved him blah blah blah STFU

Molitoth
10-25-2007, 08:57 AM
ROFL

I really was, post the other video of his escape from near sack.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:58 AM
by the way, these are the plays that make me like Huard as much as I do...he's a SMART QB...he doesn't force anything and he makes quick decisions which helps make our HORRENDOUS offensive line appear better than they do (which is harder than it sounds)...

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9647/huardincoe2.gif

Hootie
10-25-2007, 08:58 AM
I really was, post the other video of his escape from near sack.
already did

Molitoth
10-25-2007, 08:59 AM
already did

bah, stupid websense is blocking them or something. I can't see them now.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:01 AM
bah, stupid websense is blocking them or something. I can't see them now.
It's probably a good thing because after you saw it you'd realize you were WAY OFF in your criticism of him on said play.

Messier
10-25-2007, 09:04 AM
Some people here hate Huard too much and some love him too much. He's good at times, and at others he's bad. I would consider him to be a middle of the road QB, not the worst in the league, but nowhere near the best. He does alot of stuff that bugs the crap out of me, and some of it I know is the line and play calling. I just can't stand those five yard passes on third and 12. I think people exaggerate on both sides. I do agree, I'd rather have him as a really good back up than our starter, like a Frank Reich, but whataya gonna do?

HemiEd
10-25-2007, 09:05 AM

Please clarify which of Huard's plays "won us this game."

Are you talking about the poorly thrown balls that Wilson and Bowe broke up the interceptions on?
Are talking about the pass that was just plain dropped by the Raider DB?
Are you talking about the pass that almost got Tony G. on IR?

Oh thats right, you are talking about the hail mary that Bowe had to come back for, that Huard shockingly realized he should throw since he wasn't really sacked after panicking again. Gotcha!

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 09:07 AM
I´ve said before I like Huard, I just don´t think it´s best for the teams future for him to start. With this line, I could easily be wrong. I would still like to see the entire long ball play to Bowe. I think there are reasons only certain parts are being shown.

Messier
10-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Please clarify which of Huard's plays "won us this game."

Are you talking about the poorly thrown balls that Wilson and Bowe broke up the interceptions on?
Are talking about the pass that was just plain dropped by the Raider DB?
Are you talking about the pass that almost got Tony G. on IR?

Oh thats right, you are talking about the hail mary that Bowe had to come back for, that Huard shockingly realized he should throw since he wasn't really sacked after panicking again. Gotcha!

Bowe didn't "come back" for it. That what a really good pass. Hootie, do you have that whole play?

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Bowe didn't "come back" for it. That what a really good pass. Hootie, do you have that whole play?
Give me a minute.

Molitoth
10-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Im a total Huard hater and I admit Huard will do a couple "good" things during a game. But I do not over compliment these accomplishments on his part because he is a starting QB in the NFL, he is SUPPOSED to make those plays + a shitload more. The bad surely overweighs the good when evaluating Huard as a starting NFL QB.

bobbything
10-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Here is a list of starting quarterbacks that I'm glad we don't have:

Joey Harrington
Jay Cutler
Trent Dilfer
Rex Grossman
Cleo Lemmon
Kyle Boller
Trent Edwards
Daunte Culpepper
Jason Campbell
Chad Pennington

Here is a list of quarterbacks I'd rather have than Damon Huard:

Brady
Romo
Favre
Manning
Palmer
Hasslebeck
Schaub
E. Manning
Garcia
Kitna
Anderson
McNabb
Brees
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Griese
Gerrard
McNair
Warner/Leinart
Delhomme

Basically, Huard is fine, for what he is. Which is a quarterback that shines the brightest in the bottom 1/3 of NFL QB's. I don't hate him. I don't love him. He's just there.

HemiEd
10-25-2007, 09:16 AM
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/304/huardljcv8.gif

Yep!!! Man that HORRID! He can't do anything right (other than make HUGE plays with the game on the line...)!!!

I am so glad you posted that play. LJ made a great play catching that wobbler thrown so low. The pass was just like many that Huard has thrown away. It was a huge play, but on LJs part.

Hammock Parties
10-25-2007, 09:16 AM

I have no one on ignore...

crazycoffey
10-25-2007, 09:17 AM
posted those 2 .gifs and now no more Huard bashing, eh?! I thought he tried to fall down but the OL saved him blah blah blah STFU

Horrid is old, slow, makes BAD reads, doesn't give the play time to develop and thows bad -wobbled passes.

but he's our QB and I hope him the best. Just hope he stops throwing to the LBs and DBs, because that is going to bite us soon, and could have three or four times last week

I had to do some work, but I will be back later to bash Horrid and Tootie later, just in case he posts more gifs and thinks he's run me off.

bobbything
10-25-2007, 09:18 AM
He did have to wait on it a little. If he were led better, it would have been an easy TD.

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 09:19 AM
No offense, but I don´t think that´s what he meant.

beach tribe
He did have to wait on it a little. If he were led better, it would have been an easy TD.
yup

crazycoffey

that's not what I said, you are on so many ignores that you must have fewer and fewer interactions that now you are even conversing with ME of all posters...

Hootie
I am so glad you posted that play. LJ made a great play catching that wobbler thrown so low. The pass was just like many that Huard has thrown away. It was a huge play, but on LJs part.
Hahahahahahaha! OMG! Whatever. I'll post the rest of that play, too...

Here's the catch Bowe had to "come back for"...

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6209/bowejl0.gif

bobbything
10-25-2007, 09:22 AM

He had to slow down for it. Significantly.

Not knocking the play, because it was a great effort. Just wish Bowe would have been led better.

HemiEd

I did not record the game, so I only saw it the one time. That is how I remembered it, could be wrong. I remember it as Bowe being the star of that play, not Huard.

beach tribe

EXACTLY!! He had a 6yrd lead on him, and had to slow up for the ball. More arm=6 easy.

Hootie
LOOK HOW LOW THIS THROW IS!

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/152/ljcatchtd4.gif

Hammock Parties
10-25-2007, 09:23 AM
LJ made a great play catching that wobbler thrown so low.

Your memory is fading, old man.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9800/catchcr4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

HemiEd
10-25-2007, 09:23 AM

Not knocking the play, because it was a great effort. Just wish Bowe would have been led better.

He did slow down for it, clearly. It was probably already 10 yards past Huards capability.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:24 AM

???

I slowed the frame properties down from 3 to 4, way less than GoChiefs usually does, and how I do ALL of my .gifs (other than the last LJ one I posted to show HemiEd how low that throw REALLY was)...and what does slowing a play down have to do with anything...Bowe never broke stride...could he have been led another yard or two? Sure...but he NEVER slowed down...the CB was obviously a step faster than Bowe because he did a 'decent' job of recovering but Bowe NEVER broke stride.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2007, 09:25 AM

Do you consider that hitting the WR in stride?

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:26 AM
EXACTLY!! He had a 6yrd lead on him, and had to slow up for the ball. More arm=6 easy.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Did you see Peyton Manning underthrow Wayne on MNF?! Better yet, did you realize Huard was running for his life before he made this throw...this was a 60 yard pass...not bad for a dude with a 'noodle arm'...

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 09:26 AM
???

I slowed the frame properties down from 3 to 4, way less than GoChiefs usually does, and how I do ALL of my .gifs (other than the last LJ one I posted to show HemiEd how low that throw REALLY was)...and what does slowing a play down have to do with anything...Bowe never broke stride...could he have been led another yard or two? Sure...but he NEVER slowed down...the CB was obviously a step faster than Bowe because he did a 'decent' job of recovering but Bowe NEVER broke stride.
Never broke stride? Are you serious?

Hammock Parties
10-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Jesus folks, Huard was running for his life when he made that throw. Of course it wasn't perfect. I know Trent Green couldn't have made it, though...

beach tribe
Yes he does.

Hootie
after I re-watched it Bowe did slow up a step at the end but people are being a bit dramatic saying Bowe 'came back for the ball'...I guess when you hate Huard so much you see what you see...it was a good throw and a clutch play by both players.

Messier
10-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Those saying Bowe had to slow down for the pass, keep in mind Huard had no time to set before that throw. He basically had a split second to throw before being smooshed.

Hootie
Never broke stride? Are you serious?
If you watch it in full speed (like I did before I posted it) you don't even notice Bowe slowing up the last step or two before he caught the ball...I slowed up the animation before I posted it...I did notice him slowing up before he caught the ball when I re-watched it after I posted it.

Either way, you're telling me that wasn't a good throw? Shit, I saw Manning underthrow Wayne HORRIBLE on a sure TD on MNF...I'm sure Colts fans weren't castrating him the next day.

beach tribe
Can we please see the whole play?

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Those saying Bowe had to slow down for the pass, keep in mind Huard had no time to set before that throw. He basically had a split second to throw before being smooshed.
yeah and he slowed up a friggin' step before he caught the ball...in all reality, the Oakland dude made a MIRACLE tackle on Bowe...he was lucky as hell.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Can we please see the whole play?
The entire play is WAY too many frames for me to be able to squeeze it into a 1.5 MB .gif...maybe Clayton can do it but I can't.

Chiefnj2
after I re-watched it Bowe did slow up a step at the end but people are being a bit dramatic saying Bowe 'came back for the ball'...I guess when you hate Huard so much you see what you see...it was a good throw and a clutch play by both players.

It was a good throw considering the pass rush and the fact that he didn't have much time, if any at all, to set up the throw.

It doesn't change the fact Huard sucked balls the first half and was extremely lucky he didn't have 3 picks by the half.

Messier
I'm no Huard lover but come on, that was a good throw.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:32 AM
It was a good throw considering the pass rush and the fact that he didn't have much time, if any at all, to set up the throw.

It doesn't change the fact Huard sucked balls the first half and was extremely lucky he didn't have 3 picks by the half.
according to everyone he is extremely lucky to not have 8 picks every game...but he doesn't...so I don't understand the problem?

HemiEd
10-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Your memory is fading, old man.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9800/catchcr4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Do you have another angle of that play? Seriously, for some reason it seemed to me like he grabbed it right above the shoe laces. Maybe it is the meds I am on, hell I don't know.

Hammock Parties
10-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Do you have another angle of that play? Seriously, for some reason it seemed to me like he grabbed it right above the shoe laces. Maybe it is the meds I am on, hell I don't know.

You don't need another angle. It's a well thrown pass. Under duress no less. Green would have left that puppy at LJ's feet like he always used to do when throwing on the run.

Hootie
I posted another angle a few pages back...

Hootie
LOOK HOW LOW THIS THROW IS!

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/152/ljcatchtd4.gif

beach tribe
If you watch it in full speed (like I did before I posted it) you don't even notice Bowe slowing up the last step or two before he caught the ball...I slowed up the animation before I posted it...I did notice him slowing up before he caught the ball when I re-watched it after I posted it.

Either way, you're telling me that wasn't a good throw? Shit, I saw Manning underthrow Wayne HORRIBLE on a sure TD on MNF...I'm sure Colts fans weren't castrating him the next day.
I saw it in full speed, and said the same thing when it happened. I´m not here to bash Huard. I think he´s decent. He made A LOT of bad throws that day. I don´t think he has a noodle arm, but it sure aint a cannon, and could you please not mention Peyton Manning in a conversation about Huard.

How many TDs did Huard throw vs Jax?

How about Peyton?

How about CROYLE?

Chiefnj2
10-25-2007, 09:34 AM
according to everyone he is extremely lucky to not have 8 picks every game...but he doesn't...so I don't understand the problem?

The problem is that he sucked the first half of the game.

The problem is that the Chiefs have scored only 1 TD per game for 5 of the 7 games this year. That is atrocious.

jjchieffan
10-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Whitlock fires back and lands a direct hit.

JASON WHITLOCK SUNK CARL'S BATTLESHIP!

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8114/mushroomcloudln9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

You and Hootie are the only ones on this board you think that way. I guess your credibility takes a direct hit (as if you had any credibility on this board). Carl nailed Jwhit and he reacted back in his usual classless way. The only thing worse than his shit is that WPI crap.

crazycoffey
10-25-2007, 09:37 AM
now post the two or three interceptions that Tony and webb (?) knocked out of the defender's hands. Show me how great those throws were, Tootie - keep tootin the horrid show.

We can discuss them more after they're posted.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:37 AM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7052/boweexm6.gif

best I can do

bobbything
10-25-2007, 09:38 AM
???

You're wrong.

He had a 5-6 yard step on the CB. When he was tripped up, he had a 2 yard lead. Just look at it at full speed. Look at Bowe's feet. He goes from taking full strides to smaller steps. He's slowing down.

That is on the QB. Like I said though, it was a great effort on Huard's part; all around.

HemiEd
I stand corrected, again. I guess we all see things from a little different perspective, with prejudices.

Hootie
now post the two or three interceptions that Tony and webb (?) knocked out of the defender's hands. Show me how great those throws were, Tootie - keep tootin the horrid show.

We can discuss them more after they're posted.
I'm not doing you any favors...you bash Huard on two great plays he made and then you totally back down with your tale between your legs when I post .gifs proving you wrong...

Bash Huard all you want, but I want to hear you ADMIT those were two great plays and then I will THINK ABOUT posting .gifs of some of his bad throws.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:39 AM
You're wrong.

He had a 5-6 yard step on the CB. When he was tripped up, he had a 2 yard lead. Just look at it at full speed. Look at Bowe's feet. He goes from taking full strides to smaller steps. He's slowing down.

That is on the QB. Like I said though, it was a great effort on Huard's part; all around.
DAMNIT BRING IN CROYLE

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 09:39 AM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7052/boweexm6.gif

best I can do
NOT a bad throw.

bobbything
10-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Never mind Hootie, I just re-read the rest of the thread.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:40 AM
I stand corrected, again. I guess we all see things from a little different perspective, with prejudices.
Don't worry, you're like everyone else in that regard...you want Huard to fail SO MUCH that when he does something good you either look at it as A) an accident or B) credit the other guy on the other side of the play.

Human nature.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:42 AM
NOT a bad throw.
who would've thought Noodle Arm could throw the ball 60 yards?!

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:43 AM
The other thing I found funny about the game and the people on this board is EVERYONE has been BEGGING for weeks we should heave the ball to Bowe...I watched that play over and over where he threw it deep to Bowe and it got intercepted...yet everyone was REAL QUICK to jump on Damon for making such an awful decision...

Hahahahaha. Damon is damned if he does, and damned even worse if he doesn't!

Hammock Parties
10-25-2007, 09:45 AM
The entire play is WAY too many frames for me to be able to squeeze it into a 1.5 MB .gif...maybe Clayton can do it but I can't.

Fool! You have no skill!

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/995/bowe58yardcatchar3.gif (http://imageshack.us)

bobbything
10-25-2007, 09:45 AM
DAMNIT BRING IN CROYLE
What good would that do now?

I was on the "Start Brodie" wagon during the pre-season and all the way up through the first 2 regular season games as well. I don't think it does any good now to bring him in. I don't like switching QB's mid-season when you're in the middle of a race; unless your QB is completely awful (which Huard isn't).

If we lose 5 straight, I'd say bring him in for the remainder of the season. But, as long as we're in contention, no need to disrupt anything.

However, I still wish they would have gone with him as the starter from the get-go. Bringing him in now would do nothing but cause controversy.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Fool! You have no skill!

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/995/bowe58yardcatchar3.gif (http://imageshack.us)
Yeah, this one is better than the one I posted...

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:49 AM

I was on the "Start Brodie" wagon during the pre-season and all the way up through the first 2 regular season games as well. I don't think it does any good now to bring him in. I don't like switching QB's mid-season when you're in the middle of a race; unless your QB is completely awful (which Huard isn't).

If we lose 5 straight, I'd say bring him in for the remainder of the season. But, as long as we're in contention, no need to disrupt anything.

However, I still wish they would have gone with him as the starter from the get-go. Bringing him in now would do nothing but cause controversy.
I would've done nothing but cause controversy from the get go as soon as we started 0-2 as well...

Even Trent was booed at Arrowhead relentlessly when the Chiefs weren't doing so hot.

People would've been calling for Damon just as much as people are calling for Brodie now...

dirk digler
10-25-2007, 09:49 AM
The other thing I found funny about the game and the people on this board is EVERYONE has been BEGGING for weeks we should heave the ball to Bowe...I watched that play over and over where he threw it deep to Bowe and it got intercepted...yet everyone was REAL QUICK to jump on Damon for making such an awful decision...

The only reason I got on Damon on that play because he gave Bowe no chance it wasn't even close.

I don't mind him taking chances just make sure you give the guy a chance to make a play which he didn't on that play.

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 09:50 AM
who would've thought Noodle Arm could throw the ball 60 yards?!
I´ve never bashed Huard(unlike you with Croyle), or said he had a noodle arm. I thought he shorted the throw, because it did not seem like 60yrds at the time, and was a little biased because he made some poor throws earlier in the game. I pull hard for Him, because I have excepted the fact that Croyle prolly wont see action this year barring injury, and I don´t want to see that. With that said I want nothing but success for Huard.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:50 AM
The only reason I got on Damon on that play because he gave Bowe no chance it wasn't even close.

I don't mind him taking chances just make sure you give the guy a chance to make a play which he didn't on that play.
Perhaps, but he overthrew Bowe...who woulda thunk it?!

dirk digler
10-25-2007, 09:51 AM

Yep totally agree. We need to ride Huard all the way unless we tank later in the season.

crazycoffey
I'm not doing you any favors...you bash Huard on two great plays he made and then you totally back down with your tale between your legs when I post .gifs proving you wrong...

Bash Huard all you want, but I want to hear you ADMIT those were two great plays and then I will THINK ABOUT posting .gifs of some of his bad throws.
I don't feel like I was proved wrong, and I don't have my tail tucked, they were two good plays, but what I've said all along - is I'm not giving horrid credit for the win based on those two plays, when they weren't great as much as they were lucky, the wobbled pass wasn't low and LJ almost stepped out before he realized he could run a few more yards out, but it wasn't that;

Horrid has been playing scared and you can see it in his pocket presence and MANY of not MOST of his pass decisions. He had two GOOD plays and way too many horrible plays in the win at Oakland. And he was lucky that he didn't get picked from bad throws. The throw to Bowe the got INT was thrown to a location where only the DB had a play on it, Great QB's throw it where only the WR can catch it. I don't expect that from Damon, but he needs to put it out to a place where the WR can go get it and fight for it. Behind Tony and in the LB's numbers is not a good throw....

Hootie
I´ve never bashed Huard(unlike you with Croyle), or said he had a noodle arm. I thought he shorted the throw, because it did not seem like 60yrds at the time, and was a little biased because he made some poor throws earlier in the game. I pull hard for Him, because I have excepted the fact that Croyle prolly wont see action this year barring injury, and I don´t want to see that. With that said I want nothing but success for Huard.
Good for you. That's how everyone should be...it's time to accept the fact Croyle isn't going to play barring injury or total collapse, so it's time to get behind the Chiefs.

dirk digler
10-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Perhaps, but he overthrew Bowe...who woulda thunk it?!

IIRC I thought he threw it short and Bowe was stuck behind the CB. I could be wrong though

bobbything
10-25-2007, 09:53 AM
People would've been calling for Damon just as much as people are calling for Brodie now...
I seriously doubt that. As long as it's known that they were going to stick with him throughout the season, people will give the rookie more slack than a 10 year vet. Remember Manning's 1st year as a starter? He was awful.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm not giving horrid credit for the win based on those two plays, when they weren't great as much as they were lucky, the wobbled pass was low and LJ almost stepped out before he realized he could run a few more yards out.
A) That wasn't a wobbled pass.
B) GoChiefs and I BOTH posted .gifs of the pass PROVING it wasn't a low pass by ANY means.
C) What?

Christ. How was that a wobbled pass?! He friggin' ROCKETED it to LJ...I was SHOCKED LJ caught that ball, not because LJ has bad hands, but because he was 3 feet away and Damon threw it 150 MPH.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:54 AM
IIRC I thought he threw it short and Bowe was stuck behind the CB. I could be wrong though
It was definitely an overthrow, but I don't feel like posting the .gif because I'm about to go to sleep.

dirk digler
10-25-2007, 09:54 AM

I am with you on that as well. I am actually very tired of this Huard vs Croyle debate. We need to get behind Damon now that we are in 1st place and see what he can do rest of they way

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 09:55 AM
That´s the way I remember it too. Maybe Hootie is thinking of another play.

Rausch
Yep totally agree. We need to ride Huard all the way unless we tank later in the season.

Considering his mobility and our line I doubt he can last the whole season. He's already pretty banged up...

dirk digler
It was definitely an overthrow, but I don't feel like posting the .gif because I'm about to go to sleep.

Ok like I said I could be wrong my memory isn't what it used to be.

crazycoffey

I have begged for more passes to Bowe, But I am not on Horrid for a bad decision, he made a good decision there, just a bad throw.

I don't think we should just start croyle either, BTW. I'm only exposing the reality of Horrid.

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:56 AM
I seriously doubt that. As long as it's known that they were going to stick with him throughout the season, people will give the rookie more slack than a 10 year vet. Remember Manning's 1st year as a starter? He was awful.
Manning was a #1 pick...

Chiefs fans want their team to win...the 80K that fill Arrowhead would be booing the shit out of Croyle on every 3 and out just like they do to Damon...if Croyle was starting and we started out 0-2, everyone and their mothers would be bashing Herm for starting Croyle over Huard OTHER THAN some people on this site...I'm talking more in terms of the casual fan and the media...

Most forget we were a PLAYOFF team last year that GOT BETTER in the offseason.

I think we all came to the conclusion that Damon > Trent (at least in terms of what this team is built to do)...

Hootie
10-25-2007, 09:57 AM
I have begged for more passes to Bowe, But I am not on Horrid for a bad decision, he made a good decision there, just a bad throw.

I don't think we should just start croyle either, BTW. I'm only exposing the reality of Horrid.
by making things up that are easily proven wrong by visual evidence? You're doing a great job!

Prometheus
Why can't a fan simply enjoy the surprising return of one of the best players ever to play for the franchise? Who cares if he is mystreious with the media...In fact that adds to his legendary performances and comeback...

I don't think so. I think Whitlock is pretty much right on the mark.

The whole isolation in San Antonio, and twenty-two months far removed from anything having to do with football and the Chiefs speaks pretty clearly of his intentions and motive.

Hootie
AIGHT HOOTIE OUT - COFFEE IS AN IDIOT

crazycoffey
10-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Ok like I said I could be wrong my memory isn't what it used to be.

As I remember it, it's more than just an overthow, more like horrid tried to put too much touch on the ball, when the DB was right over Bowe, a bullet to front pylon would have been a better throw, but maybe that's not the way it was practiced.....

beach tribe
I am with you on that as well. I am actually very tired of this Huard vs Croyle debate. We need to get behind Damon now that we are in 1st place and see what he can do rest of they way
Yea, the debate should be over. I understand why everyone wants to see Croyle. Hell, I´m one of them, but Huard is our starter, and will be for the season prolly. It´s time to get over it.

crazycoffey
by making things up that are easily proven wrong by visual evidence? You're doing a great job!

what did I make up?

FAX
10-25-2007, 09:59 AM

Well said, Mr. dirk digler. The way I look at the offense, we are what we are and that's all that we are. And, since we aren't what we were, we must start where we are to get where we were. Someday, we might be what we were but we're not so we aren't.

FAX

Mr. Laz
10-25-2007, 09:59 AM
League-freakin-minimum.

plus still rolling in the 10 million dollar signing bonus which the chiefs would of went after if he retired.

crazycoffey
10-25-2007, 10:00 AM
I agreed that those two plays were his best of the game, but that's all, I won't say they were great game saving plays and that bothers you. It hurts your heart because horrid is wonderful to you.

beach tribe
10-25-2007, 10:02 AM
plus still rolling in the 10 million dollar signing bonus which the chiefs would of went after if he retired.
Wrong. Carl has only gone after the bonuses of criminals.

bobbything
10-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Manning was a #1 pick...

Chiefs fans want their team to win...the 80K that fill Arrowhead would be booing the shit out of Croyle on every 3 and out just like they do to Damon...if Croyle was starting and we started out 0-2, everyone and their mothers would be bashing Herm for starting Croyle over Huard OTHER THAN some people on this site...I'm talking more in terms of the casual fan and the media...
I completely disagree. Yes, some of the morons would be bashing Croyle (just as there are a bunch of morons bashing Huard), but I believe most of the fans would rally around Croyle because he supposed to be "the future." I don't believe that the Chiefs fanbase, as a whole, is ignorant enough to be calling for a backup if a rookie struggles his first season.

But, it doesn't matter now because Huard got the nod, and Croyle will wait until next season. We go with what we have.

HemiEd
10-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Don't worry, you're like everyone else in that regard...you want Huard to fail SO MUCH that when he does something good you either look at it as A) an accident or B) credit the other guy on the other side of the play.

Human nature.

Oh no, now you are totally wrong on that one. I don't want him to fail at all, in fact anyone wearing the red and gold I want to succeed. But by half time, of the game, I was steeming. I don't remember being so pissed at a Chiefs QB ever.

The fact that he made those TWO plays, does not excuse his piss poor execution for the rest of the game.

YOU should be the one acknowledgeing that you were wrong about Bowe having to slow down for that wonderful pass from Huard. Granted, he did not have to come back for it, but he clearly had to slow down which prevented a TD.

chiefsfan1963
10-25-2007, 10:46 AM
I wish Priest well, but in the end it's about winning SB's. THis year's SB will mark 38 years since we were last in one. Like CP, Priest is not going to get us to a SB. Like CP it's time to move on.

Look forward to a new chapter.

crazycoffey
10-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Oh no, now you are totally wrong on that one. I don't want him to fail at all, in fact anyone wearing the red and gold I want to succeed. But by half time, of the game, I was steeming. I don't remember being so pissed at a Chiefs QB ever.

The fact that he made those TWO plays, does not excuse his piss poor execution for the rest of the game.

YOU should be the one acknowledgeing that you were wrong about Bowe having to slow down for that wonderful pass from Huard. Granted, he did not have to come back for it, but he clearly had to slow down which prevented a TD.

Good post, I concur with all of it - wholeheartedly. :clap:

Wile_E_Coyote
10-25-2007, 10:49 AM
What the hell people have against Priest is a mystery to me. I remember him giving up his body on several occasions. Once landing on his head, making me wince in sympathy.

He has earned the right to do what he damn well pleases IMO & at a cheaper contract than Bennett