PDA

View Full Version : Worst "That Guy"

kcfan82
10-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Who are "those guys" that annoy you?

-Bar poker guy
Usually wearing a hoodie or sunglasses in the bar. This guy usually talks about how he has the odds in this one, or how it's "F'IN BULLS%IT" he got rivered and lost his free beer.

-Softball Guy
Wears his highshool baseball pants and stirrups in a D league softball game. He normally plays with other softball guys who drop down levels from where they should be to beat up on lower teams (just there to drink and have fun) so they can make themselves feel better about being losers in life.

Feel free to add

Rain Man
10-26-2007, 07:54 PM
-BS sales guy
Usually dressed in the cheapest clothes of his style, e.g., really bad suit in a dress environment. Tells you a bunch of lies that he's really sincere about, but which immediately tip you off that he's full of baloney. Talks about how he played college football and how he owns this or that or the other thing, and isn't bright enough to do the math, so he implies that he's worth half a billion dollars when you add up all of his claims, and then he leaves and gets into a 12 year-old Camry.

Delano
10-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Search for the bar stereotype thread and you will find some golden nuggets of comedy goodness.

ct
10-26-2007, 07:59 PM
~Intranet BB Know-It-All guy
The philosophisers, complete with multiple web link references to support their opinion. And any contrarian linked references are just crap!
...also see Taco John, Hootie, GuntherFan, etc.

Buehler445
10-26-2007, 08:06 PM
The "Buff Guy" weightlifter.

Puts a bunch of weight on the bar. Makes a lot of noise clanking the weighs around. Talks to his buddies about how much weight it is and what is max is (sometimes the math is faulty). Gets some water. Stretches a little bit. Talks to the bar, tells it that its getting handled. Gets some water. Jumps around to stay loose. Gets 3 spotters, sometimes 4 in case one spotter gets hurt. Sets down on the bench. Breathes very heavily, pumping himself up. Readjusts his grip on the bar 42 times. Shakily gets the bar off the rack. Big scream. Needs a spot to get the bar back up. Proceeds to tell everyone what he just threw up on bench.

ChiefsFootball
10-26-2007, 09:56 PM
I really dislike "That Guy" that always goes around trying to sound like Arnold Schwarzenneger and quotes the hell out of him, "Its not a tumor; who is your daddy and what does he do?" This guy at work habitually does this, and it really pisses me off.

Bob Dole
10-26-2007, 10:04 PM
I really dislike "That Guy" that always goes around trying to sound like Arnold Schwarzenneger and quotes the hell out of him, "Its not a tumor; who is your daddy and what does he do?" This guy at work habitually does this, and it really pisses me off.

Well goddamnit, it ISN'T a tumor.

Pretty much the only one that even registers to Bob Dole is the dickhead that has known your wife/girlfriend since before you met her, insists on coming over to the wife/girlfriend and giving her a big hug or pickup line, then when the wife/girlfriend asks, "Have you met my husband/boyfriend, Bob?", the phuqwit claims that he has not, even though you've been introduced to the dickhead every Friday for the past 6 months.

Of course, the wife/girlfriend is playing a role in this stupid game by repeatedly asking the question, but Mister Amnesia isn't obligated to play along.

alanm
10-26-2007, 10:39 PM
-BS sales guy
Usually dressed in the cheapest clothes of his style, e.g., really bad suit in a dress environment. Tells you a bunch of lies that he's really sincere about, but which immediately tip you off that he's full of baloney. Talks about how he played college football and how he owns this or that or the other thing, and isn't bright enough to do the math, so he implies that he's worth half a billion dollars when you add up all of his claims, and then he leaves and gets into a 12 year-old Camry.
So Kevin.. You've met Warren Buffet I see. :)
I've known Mr. Buffet for most of my life. Went to school with his son Peter from K-12. I think he was BSing you about the college football though. ROFL

blaise
10-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Fantasy Football Guy- the guy who has to come in Monday morning and give you a breakdown of his entire fantasy football team and how all his points were scored and how he narrowly missed out on other points, as if you give a flying crap. It's like someone telling you all about a golf game he shot last week.

ChiefaRoo
10-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Fantasy Football Guy- the guy who has to come in Monday morning and give you a breakdown of his entire fantasy football team and how all his points were scored and how he narrowly missed out on other points, as if you give a flying crap. It's like someone telling you all about a golf game he shot last week.

Houshmanzillie.. Championship!!

88TG88
10-27-2007, 01:03 AM
The "Buff Guy" weightlifter.

Puts a bunch of weight on the bar. Makes a lot of noise clanking the weighs around. Talks to his buddies about how much weight it is and what is max is (sometimes the math is faulty). Gets some water. Stretches a little bit. Talks to the bar, tells it that its getting handled. Gets some water. Jumps around to stay loose. Gets 3 spotters, sometimes 4 in case one spotter gets hurt. Sets down on the bench. Breathes very heavily, pumping himself up. Readjusts his grip on the bar 42 times. Shakily gets the bar off the rack. Big scream. Needs a spot to get the bar back up. Proceeds to tell everyone what he just threw up on bench.
Add to that the guy who does curls with a 30 pound bar. After three reps he goes to the mirrors and flexes to see how much his muscles have grown.

Bugeater
10-27-2007, 07:40 AM
-The "Callafan" guy

The guy who insists all that ails with Nebraska football is the fault of Frank Solich, and that Bill Callahan will take us to the promised land as long as we give him enough time.

KC Jones
10-27-2007, 08:09 AM
"The topper"

No matter what story anyone tells, and no matter how inappropriate, the topper is compelled to relate a story of their own that 'tops' the previous one.

Jilly
10-27-2007, 08:42 AM
"Know it all Guy" - he seems to know everything about everything and is always ready with an answer. He would rather make up an elaborate story to escape the answer to a question he doesn't know then say the words, "I Don't Know."

Jilly
10-27-2007, 08:42 AM
"The topper"

No matter what story anyone tells, and no matter how inappropriate, the topper is compelled to relate a story of their own that 'tops' the previous one.

this guy....ugh

ChiefsGirl
10-27-2007, 08:47 AM
"The topper"

I agree, those guys are the worst.

KC Jones
10-27-2007, 08:51 AM
The corrector

Feels compelled to correct inaccuracies not matter how immaterial or slight. Get a minor plot point wrong? Gloss over a topic with a less than 100% accurate summary? The corrector will save the day by setting everyone straight, usually starting with "Well actually... ".

admission of guilt - I am at least sometimes this guy, but I try to fight it.

KC Jones
10-27-2007, 08:57 AM
-BS sales guy

I can tolerate the BS sales guys that's not successful more than the cheesy slimy untrustworthy sales guy that gets into a Mercedes and has all the tangible proof that despite no redeeming moral values they are making it big. Guess I'm a hater.

Jilly
10-27-2007, 09:01 AM
The corrector

Feels compelled to correct inaccuracies not matter how immaterial or slight. Get a minor plot point wrong? Gloss over a topic with a less than 100% accurate summary? The corrector will save the day by setting everyone straight, usually starting with "Well actually... ".

admission of guilt - I am at least sometimes this guy, but I try to fight it.

what's worse is when they correct something that really wasn't all that important to the story....such as...

We went to the dentist the other day, she happened to be a pretty little blonde, anyways, we were waiting and this boy, about 5 years old..." Interrupts the corrector, "Well, actually she had brown hair and she wasn't all that little and I think the boy was probably more 6 than 5"

kcfan82
10-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Is "The Corrector" related to the "Spelling Nazi" on internet message boards?

Jilly
10-27-2007, 09:09 AM
The false rep guy - he positive reps you and leaves a negative comment

stevieray
10-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Road moniter...the guy who pulls in to the left lane and stays even with the car he just passed, just to keep people from getting by...road moniter also runs a stop sign to pull out in front of you, just to drive below the speed limit.

FAX
10-27-2007, 09:18 AM
The Pants Fall Down Guy

The guy who is just walking down the street carrying some packages to his car and for no reason whatsoever his pants start falling down so he grabs his pants with one hand and balances the packages with the other, but the pants don't come all the way up so he's sort of limping along like he's just escaped kidnappers to tied him up with his own pants and then he makes it to his car and while he's putting the packages in the car his pants fall down again but this time he's so aggravated that he just leaves them like that for a minute while he gets the packages in the trunk and doesn't care a damn if somebody sees or not.

FAX

Lzen
10-27-2007, 09:21 AM
-The "Callafan" guy

The guy who insists all that ails with Nebraska football is the fault of Frank Solich, and that Bill Callahan will take us to the promised land as long as we give him enough time.

So basically Sam Hall?

Lzen
10-27-2007, 09:26 AM
The false rep guy - he positive reps you and leaves a negative comment

I just chuckle when that happens. I will admit, though, that I have done that once or twice.

FAX
10-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Exploding Guy

The guy who spontaneously combusts while he's sitting in your living room or at dinner which ruins everybody's evening and stinks up the place for months even after you call the restoration experts who are supposed to be able to get smoke smell out of your residence and when they come over to do the work you find out too late that they have two or three Pants Fall Down guys on their crew and they keep asking if they can have some water like they couldn't afford to bring their own since they're getting thousands of dollars every time a guest explodes in somebody's home.

FAX

Spott
10-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Whatever type of guy that "Dog" guy is. I can't stand seeing that dude on TV. I wish someone would tell him(and his wife) that 60 year old dudes dressing up like a Motley Crew groupie looks pretty ridiculous. Even if I was one of those losers that got busted by him, I sure as hell wouldn't look to this burnout and his white trash wife for life advice.

beach tribe
10-27-2007, 09:36 AM
The I have to act like I´m something I´m not all the time guy.
There´s a couple of guys who come in the bar where I work and CONSTANTLY tell me how cool they are, or how many girls want them. I´m not one to rip people so I´ll leave my opinion of what they really are alone, and I guess the bartender is kind of obligated to humor people, but my co-workers there are all smoking hot women, and they have no problem telling them like it is, and it doesn´t even phase them. They will just be like"oh you want me" or tell me they are just playing hard to get. They are serious about this shit too. No joke.

FAX
10-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Dog isn't really a guy, Mr. Spott. He's from the star system Reticulum and was sent here as an advance scout to infiltrate our legal system and got confused.

FAX

KC Jones
10-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Dog isn't really a guy, Mr. Spott. He's from the star system Reticulum and was sent here as an advance scout to infiltrate our legal system and got confused.

FAX

:hmmm: So lawyers are good for something.

Saulbadguy
10-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Rednecks, white trash, bikers, *insert race here* men who like to go out of their way to let everyone know they are *insert race here*, mentally retarded men who think they are your friend just because you talk to them, men with poor hygiene, any fan of any team, pro or college, of which they have no connection with, family or geographical, any man who tries to sell you anything, men who are doing women jobs, men who don't like sports and insist talking to you about music, the "topper" as previously mentioned, men who have irrational fears about war, bigots, or men who are bigots who claim they are not bigots, men that can't STFU about politics, men that will order a bud light when there are 100+ different kinds of beer available, men that think they are gods gift to everything.

Er, I have to leave now. I'll think of more later.

plbrdude
10-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Road moniter...the guy who pulls in to the left lane and stays even with the car he just passed, just to keep people from getting by...road moniter also runs a stop sign to pull out in front of you, just to drive below the speed limit.

or the the guy that races past you and cuts you off so he can slam on the brakes and pull into the next parking lot. what makes it worse is when you look in the mirror you see there were no cars behind you for like 15 or 20 car lengths.

plbrdude
10-27-2007, 10:26 AM
also the foriegn support guy on the phone. american product, american 800 # support from bangladesh. can't understand a word they're saying.

FAX
10-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Takes A Piss On Your Dirty Clothes Guy

The guy who calls you up and is in town unexpectedly and needs a place to crash so you offer him a spare bedroom and he comes over with a fifth of Jack Daniels which he drinks mostly by himself and then passes out but then gets up in the middle of the night drunker than a broken bicycle and in his blind stupor can't find the bathroom and mistakenly walks into your laundry room instead and urinates in the clothes hamper. I hate that guy.

FAX

Hammock Parties
10-27-2007, 11:29 AM
I hate the stoned pizza delivery guy who drops your wings. In fact, pizza delivery guys in general need to be replaced by robots posthaste. The whole system is awkward, for both parties involved. At least with the robot I can come to the door naked.

blueballs
10-27-2007, 11:32 AM
that guy who flashes robots
what a freak

FAX
10-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Wears Pelt On Head Guy

The guy who can't afford hair club for men so he buys a toupee from goodwill and slaps in on his noggin and tucks his whitish grey sidehair into the black and tan fur on top. Shops for clothes with Too Tight Pants Guy.

FAX

KcMizzou
10-27-2007, 11:38 AM
I hate the stoned pizza delivery guy who drops your wings. In fact, pizza delivery guys in general need to be replaced by robots posthaste. The whole system is awkward, for both parties involved. At least with the robot I can come to the door naked.Who needs a robot?

CoMoChief
10-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Cockblockers.

kcirnamffoh
10-27-2007, 12:13 PM
The Ramblin’ Guy

Oh my, you know those guys that just keep ramblin’ on about something or just about anything I mean they just keep talking and talking and talking and talking and talking about nothing ramblin’ on and on and on and on and on its like they just can’t keep their mouths shut so they just ramble incessantly about nothing in general other than what we can really mean anything about life it like a ramblin’ rambler that won’t stop rambling and just won’t shut up until you kind of like gotta go stop it man your ramblin’ you know what I mean those guys that just keep ramblin’ on and on and on and on and on you know what I mean? Those ramblin’ guys.

Bugeater
10-27-2007, 12:21 PM
So basically Sam Hall?
Heh, he isn't "that guy" anymore. That was directed at the thread starter.

StcChief
10-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Worst "That Guy" The Tranny

MTG#10
10-27-2007, 03:33 PM
The stat guy. The guy who always claims "statistics show that 90% of people..blah blah blah" to help his side of any debate. When you ask for proof of the stats, he never has any, but tells you to look it up and you will see he's correct.

88TG88
10-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Rednecks, white trash, bikers, *insert race here* men who like to go out of their way to let everyone know they are *insert race here*, mentally retarded men who think they are your friend just because you talk to them, men with poor hygiene, any fan of any team, pro or college, of which they have no connection with, family or geographical, any man who tries to sell you anything, men who are doing women jobs, men who don't like sports and insist talking to you about music, the "topper" as previously mentioned, men who have irrational fears about war, bigots, or men who are bigots who claim they are not bigots, men that can't STFU about politics, men that will order a bud light when there are 100+ different kinds of beer available, men that think they are gods gift to everything.

I agree with that list

FAX
10-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Sticking Carrots In His Ears Guy

The guy that walks around with carrots sticking out of his ears with the green part hanging down like mossy pigtails that flop around whenever he moves and distract you when you're trying to work.

FAX

blueballs
10-27-2007, 06:52 PM
yes men

Easy 6
10-27-2007, 06:57 PM

Thats a damn fine list...i have nothing to add.

kcfanXIII
10-27-2007, 07:32 PM

ya, this seems to be more common now that i ride a bike.

how about the "i drank so much last night" guy. if you drank so much, how can you remember the exact count of beers, shots, and cocktails you had? and really, who cares?

Delano
10-27-2007, 07:42 PM
ya, this seems to be more common now that i ride a bike.

how about the "i drank so much last night" guy. if you drank so much, how can you remember the exact count of beers, shots, and cocktails you had? and really, who cares?

Absolutely. The consumed alcohol inventory guy is common on college campuses. This guy is usually still wet behind the ears and just recently turned 21.

Easy 6
10-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Absolutely. The consumed alcohol inventory guy is common on college campuses. This guy is usually still wet behind the ears and just recently turned 21.

That guy is "just getting started" with a case...being an idiot has never been SO cool.