PDA

View Full Version : You have an unlimited amount of money....

Buck
10-26-2007, 09:43 PM
....what kind of rooms would you have in your dreamhouse?

Not how many rooms, but what kind of rooms (i.e. indoor bowling alley, etc.)

Buck
10-26-2007, 09:44 PM
I have a few...

First off, let me state, that my house would have a moat with alligators and a drawbridge.

Buck
10-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Then the front door of my house would open directly to a 20 foot high marble hallway (approx 60 feet long).

Buck
10-26-2007, 09:46 PM
That hallway would end and you'd be standing in a room, like a rotunda, where 7 other 60 foot long marble hallways would be. Each would lead to a room.

kstater
I have a few...

First off, let me state, that my house would have a moat with alligators and a drawbridge.

That isn't a room.

I'd have a media room with a stripper pole off to the side.

Simplex3
Let's go with "unlimited money, no wife, no kids". It's more interesting.

I would have fewer rooms than I do now.

Bedroom
Kitchen
One bathroom
Small Gym
Multi-use room. Maybe.

There's a strong chance I'd drop off the grid competely. Go be a Buddhist monk or some s**t.

Buck
10-26-2007, 09:48 PM
The very first hallway to the left of the entrence, we will call it, 1, leads to a security room. This room has all kinds of high tech shit so I can keep my house secure.

Buck
10-26-2007, 09:49 PM
The next hallway, 2, leads into a Bathroom.

The bathroom has TVs at every toilet and urinal so I never miss a minute of the game.

Rain Man
10-26-2007, 09:49 PM
You know what Versailles looks like?

That.

Buns
10-26-2007, 09:51 PM
A room full of bubbles and hot wet chicks

A room where everything is made of chocolate

A room where everything is made of gold

A room where all kinds of beer are brewed

A room where all kinds of beers are drank and strippers dance

Every room could have strippers BTW

A room with zero gravity

A room like the Architect's from The Matrix Reloaded

A room with furniture nailed into the ceiling to trip everyone out

And I would have a door built into the side of the house so drunk people could walk out of the house, and fall into a big net

Buck
10-26-2007, 09:52 PM
#3 leads to a patio, with a barbecue, a sweet one.

Theres also a pool, spa, and race track out back.

Buck
10-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Door 4 is a kitchen....plain and simple.

(BTW all the rooms are connected to eachother, sorta like in that game Clue)

Hootie
a Boston Red Sox room.

Rain Man
I would ride a horse or elephant or ostrich everywhere in my house, so each room would need a hitching post.

Buck
10-26-2007, 09:55 PM
I would ride a horse or elephant or ostrich everywhere in my house, so each room would need a hitching post.

Thats a great idea. I wish I thought of it first.

Buck
10-26-2007, 09:56 PM
The rest of the house is still under construction and I haven't decided what to do with the rooms.

Phobia
10-26-2007, 09:57 PM
I'd have a brewpub room, a volleyball court, a sauna, a massive woodshop, indoor pool with retractable roof, a self cleaning kitchen, a private deck that I could pee off of even in broad daylight. I may think of more options later.

Buck
10-26-2007, 09:57 PM
I'd have a brewpub room, a volleyball court, a sauna, a massive woodshop, indoor pool with retractable roof, a self cleaning kitchen, a private deck that I could pee off of even in broad daylight. I may think of more options later.

BRILLIANT!

Hootie
10-26-2007, 09:58 PM
a Josh Beckett striking out Matt Holliday room

Phobia
10-26-2007, 10:00 PM
BRILLIANT!

I know. But the best part is that there's a 40 foot drop into a fountain with electronic targets. You have to use Kentucky Windage to splatter selected targets in a timely fashion. I call it PeeBox 360.

Buck
10-26-2007, 10:02 PM
I know. But the best part is that there's a 40 foot drop into a fountain with electronic targets. You have to use Kentucky Windage to splatter selected targets in a timely fashion. I call it PeeBox 360.

That may be the greatest invention of all time...

A next gen piss game, oh the opportunities....

You deserve the Nobel Prize.....

Buehler445
10-26-2007, 10:02 PM
OK.
Full size basketball court.

Gym.

Sauna.

Small theater with GIANT HDTV and stereo.

In the center of the house would be a good sized garden and fountain surrounded by a collenade - Ancient Rome style.

Fully Functional Kitchen (w/built in smoker).

Library.

Offsite office.

Pool table room.

Comfy living room complete with another giant TV.

Window Room with an amazing view of the landscape.

Phobia
10-26-2007, 10:06 PM
That may be the greatest invention of all time...

A next gen piss game, oh the opportunities....

You deserve the Nobel Prize.....
I know. I'm the greatest. Plus, my invention encourages vast consumption of liquids. I may singlehandedly save the entire dehydrated human race.

Phobia
10-26-2007, 10:06 PM
OK.

Fully Functional Kitchen (w/built in smoker).

Yeah. And a wood-fired oven.

Buck
10-26-2007, 10:08 PM
I would also have a room that ignored hootie, no matter what.

I will call it the CPIggy room...

Buehler445
10-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah. And a wood-fired oven.

Absolutely correct.

Buck
10-26-2007, 10:09 PM
I think it goes without saying the house has a central weather system.

Buehler445
10-26-2007, 10:17 PM
I think it goes without saying the house has a central weather system.

I assumed it was understood.

PastorMikH
10-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Definately an indoor pool big enough to swim laps in. I'd also like a theater room. A shop big enough for wood working and metal working. And indoor sound-supressed shooting range would be nice too.

I wouldn't want a bowling alley though. My number one problem is ALWAYS the lane conditions. If I were responsible for the conditions I wouldn't have anything to blame a bad game on.

Phobia
10-26-2007, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't want a bowling alley though. My number one problem is ALWAYS the lane conditions. If I were responsible for the conditions I wouldn't have anything to blame a bad game on.
Yeah, my bowling problem is definitely lane condition related.... They never have those inflatable walls up for me.

JuicesFlowing
10-26-2007, 10:52 PM
How about a room with an overly-green fake football field 10 yards long, so i can make bad diagrams of plays using humans as alledged "players" like those jackasses do on ESPN?

Phobia
10-26-2007, 10:55 PM
How about a room with an overly-green fake football field 10 yards long, so i can make bad diagrams of plays using humans as alledged "players" like those jackasses do on ESPN?
Awesome. Nice post. Keep on posting.

Buehler445
10-26-2007, 11:21 PM
I like the indoor swimming pool idea. However, it would probably have to be well ventilated and be separated from the house so all the humidity doesnt go into the house.

Buck
10-26-2007, 11:22 PM
I like the indoor swimming pool idea. However, it would probably have to be well ventilated and be separated from the house so all the humidity doesnt go into the house.

Maybe you could somehow use the humidity for like a green house or something.

ChiefaRoo
10-26-2007, 11:23 PM
A room full of bubbles and hot wet chicks

A room where everything is made of chocolate

A room where everything is made of gold

A room where all kinds of beer are brewed

A room where all kinds of beers are drank and strippers dance

Every room could have strippers BTW

A room with zero gravity

A room like the Architect's from The Matrix Reloaded

A room with furniture nailed into the ceiling to trip everyone out

And I would have a door built into the side of the house so drunk people could walk out of the house, and fall into a big net

Cool out of the box thinking. Just one thing. If you had a zero g room then you wouldn't need to nail the furniture down you could just set it in space and let it float. Hell you could even put a nekkid stripper in there and let her slowly orbit the room.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-27-2007, 12:26 AM
F*ck shoe closets, I'd have my own sweatshop, goddamn.

I'd have those bitches working 16 hours straight!!

Logical
10-27-2007, 01:02 AM
This should be fun

Golf Simulator (like they use to coach players)

Weight Room

TV - Theatre Room

Bowling lane 4 lanes minimum

Deluxe gaming room with video systems

Internet Room with highest speed interconnects

Bedroom (probably a bit kinky)

Super deluxe kitchen fully stocked

Guest Room

Masterbathroom with Tub Spa combo

Shower Steamroom

Large, 5 car garage

Shooting range

Linae (sp) leading out to a beach

Nightfyre
10-27-2007, 02:03 AM
If I have unlimited money, I would have a room that looks like this:
http://www.ou.edu/class/arch4443/Tribune%20Tower%20Competition/Federal%20Reserve%20Building.jpg

Rain Man
10-27-2007, 09:47 AM
I would want to have at least one wing of the house where a bunch of rooms were concentric around each other, and every door to the next inner room was a cool and unique secret passage, so no one could get in there except me. And in the innermost room I would have a really nice recliner.

Oh, and I would have a big wraparound 360-degree theater simulator where I could pretend I'm in a war zone or running a marathon or captaining a submarine or whatever else I wanted.

Phobia
10-27-2007, 10:09 AM
I would want to have at least one wing of the house where a bunch of rooms were concentric around each other, and every door to the next inner room was a cool and unique secret passage, so no one could get in there except me. And in the innermost room I would have a really nice recliner.

Oh, and I would have a big wraparound 360-degree theater simulator where I could pretend I'm in a war zone or running a marathon or captaining a submarine or whatever else I wanted.

or a bomber or something like that.

Jenson71
10-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I heard that Bill Gates has rooms where when you walk in, it can sense what kind of mood you are in, and plays the kind of music you want then, makes the lighting the perfect brightness, and the temperature the perfect warmth. That would be nice.

Buns
10-27-2007, 01:27 PM
I heard that Bill Gates has rooms where when you walk in, it can sense what kind of mood you are in, and plays the kind of music you want then, makes the lighting the perfect brightness, and the temperature the perfect warmth. That would be nice.

Correct. Actually if you saw the movie AntiTrust, I believe they shot in Gates' home and the paintings changed according to what type of art you liked when you walked into the room.

Buck
10-27-2007, 01:38 PM

So the holodeck?

BWillie
10-27-2007, 01:43 PM
I would just have condo's in about 20 different cities. I woudln't have one major hub. Having more rooms means more places I'd have to walk to around my house. No thanks

Nightfyre
10-27-2007, 01:45 PM
If I have unlimited money, I would have a room that looks like this:
http://www.ou.edu/class/arch4443/Tribune%20Tower%20Competition/Federal%20Reserve%20Building.jpg
This message board needs to develop a taste for satire.

CoMoChief
10-27-2007, 01:45 PM
I'd design my own rollercoaster that would be 600ft tall and you would stand up on it like some coasters do and it would go around 150mph.

tyton75
10-27-2007, 02:50 PM
It would definitely have to have a holodeck.

and big enough that I could have a room in the mountains that I could go skiing.. but then other rooms that were along the pacific ocean, all connected by the Willy Wonka Glass Elevator

along with plenty of stripper rooms, and an Arthur Bryants BBQ room, Plaza 3 room, a Huge wave pool when I'm too lazy to go out to the beach

Or I could just take Hugh Hefners place :)

Rain Man
10-27-2007, 04:40 PM
I would just have condo's in about 20 different cities. I woudln't have one major hub. Having more rooms means more places I'd have to walk to around my house. No thanks

You could connect them all with hallways, though that might block some species' migatory routes.

Rain Man
10-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Oh! Oh! I would also want an enormous indoor pool/aquarium that was big enough that it would have an underwater suite sticking up from the bottom of the pool like a mushroom. The suite would have a kitchen and living room and bedroom and bathroom, and it would be made up to look like a 1960s-era impression of what an underwater suite would look like.

Rain Man
10-27-2007, 04:51 PM
I'd have one wing that I would call the "Hall of Architecture" where each one of the 100 bedrooms represented a different era of bedroom architecture, from caves to wigwams to medieval monasteries to Renaissance Venice to WWII barracks to sixties Poconos sex bedrooms and so on.

Rain Man
10-27-2007, 04:55 PM
I would want one room that looked like the living room on the Brady Bunch, and another room that looked like the bar in Cheers, and another room that looked like the Friends apartment (with really cold air conditioning for guests).

Rain Man
10-27-2007, 04:59 PM
I would have a big oil wrestling room that included a motorized chair hanging from the ceiling that was on a big arm like one of those fire truck rescue lifts so I could wing my way toward any view or perspective without getting oil all over me.

Rain Man
10-27-2007, 05:02 PM
I would probably have a Chili's restaurant franchise somewhere inside the house, too, but it wouldn't be open to the public.

BucEyedPea
10-27-2007, 05:42 PM
I love my house now. I'd rebuild the same thing with 3 rooms a tad larger 300 extra sq feet,bigger walk in closet for my clothes, add one extra room for an office, add an upstairs loft overlooking the living room with a library full of my books, more easy-access storage, a stone floor to ceiling fireplace, palladium windows, the best hurricane shutters, a storm room and put it all on a bigger wooded lot. I'd renovate my kitchen to a dream gourmet kitchen. Redo my kid's room with a Japanese floor, Shoji sliding doors, futon bed and small indoor waterfall. Dedicate one bedroom to my mom.

Out back, I'd have a small carriage house for my design studio and watercolor painting complete with pottery wheel, ceramics area and kiln. Room for my bunnies to run wild without escaping and natural stone landscaping around my pool. Beautiful gardens everywhere.

Rain Man
10-27-2007, 05:48 PM
So you'd build the same thing, only bigger? Like Navin Johnson did?

BucEyedPea
10-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Who's Navin Johnson?

Rain Man
10-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Who's Navin Johnson?

I saw a movie biography of him once. He was born a poor black child, and then got rich in the eyewear industry. As part of his riches, he built his parents a larger home that was simply a scaled-up version of their old home. You should see the movie; it's heartwarming.

I wish I could find a picture of the home.