PDA

View Full Version : The Patriots looked quite classless at the end of that game

RJ
10-28-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't mean the running up of the score, though you could make that argument as well. But Cassel and Welker spiking the ball on those last two TD's was uncalled for. Hand the ball to the ref, get off the field.

Direckshun
10-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Okay grandma.

mikey23545
10-28-2007, 05:01 PM
When you're playing as well as they are, you don't have to apologize to anyone.....

Spott
Not so much the spiking, but they went for it on 4th down in the fourth quarter twice ahead 38-0 and 45-0.

|Zach|
More of this? Really?

Nonsense.

|Zach|
10-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Not so much the spiking, but they went for it on 4th down in the fourth quarter twice ahead 38-0 and 45-0.
More power to them.

RJ
10-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Actually, it would be easy to show some class in a blowout like that. Again, I don't mean the scoring, just the behavior after.

Spott
10-28-2007, 05:03 PM
I think Hootie payed off the Pats with some of his parlay money.

L.A. Chieffan
10-28-2007, 05:04 PM
When Belichek lost that game in Indy last year something in him snapped and he's turned into Carrie at prom night now.

StcChief
10-28-2007, 05:06 PM
obviously going after every record held, just snapped the Lambs record most 30+ point games in a row.

tk13
When Belichek lost that game in Indy last year something in him snapped and he's turned into Carrie at prom night now.
Then the Jets went and made it worse by making everyone call the Pats cheaters with cameragate. Belichick just doesn't care anymore.

jjchieffan
I hope they run the score up next week. I f***ing hate Indy and Manning. I hope they lose 52-0!

mikey23545
10-28-2007, 05:07 PM

ROFL

beach tribe
10-28-2007, 05:08 PM
They are cementing their place in history after being called cheating frauds.

MIAdragon
10-28-2007, 05:08 PM
I don't mean the running up of the score, though you could make that argument as well. But Cassel and Welker spiking the ball on those last two TD's was uncalled for. Hand the ball to the ref, get off the field.

come on now that was Cassels first td in 2 years Welker mad a great catch and scored he didn’t do a stupid dance he showed some emotion good for him

|Zach|
10-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Actually, it would be easy to show some class in a blowout like that. Again, I don't mean the scoring, just the behavior after.
This is the NFL man.

It isn't easy to score a TD. If you make it look easy then enjoy it.

VonneMarie
10-28-2007, 05:11 PM
LMAO

blueballs
10-28-2007, 05:12 PM
I predict a
tragedy
before season's end

RJ
10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Sorry, but I disagree with you guys. If Cassel scores a TD that matters he should celebrate like hell. But that was meaningless. Just my opinion, but I see that as childish and classless behavior.

Brock
10-28-2007, 05:14 PM
LOL, wait until they play the Jest again.

Simplex3
10-28-2007, 05:14 PM
It'll be funny when NE pays the ultimate price and loses a starter to injury at the end of one of these games that would have been over if they'd just been running the clock.

Simplex3
10-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Sorry, but I disagree with you guys. If Cassel scores a TD that matters he should celebrate like hell. But that was meaningless. Just my opinion, but I see that as childish and classless behavior.
It's funny, but their current attitude is 180 degrees from the attitude they had when they beat StL in the Super Bowl to start this run.

tk13
10-28-2007, 05:19 PM
LOL, wait until they play the Jest again.
You aren't kidding. I'm not sure what the NFL record for points is, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them go for it when the Jets come to town.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2007, 05:19 PM
You aren't kidding. I'm not sure what the NFL record for points is, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them go for it when the Jets come to town.

Well, that might be fun to watch. :)

kstater
10-28-2007, 05:22 PM

Washington vs. N.Y. Giants, Nov. 27, 1966

tk13
10-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Well, that might be fun to watch. :)
That hadn't even occured to me until Bill Simmons mentioned it this week, but he's right. That might be the most evil revenge game of all time.

Simplex3
10-28-2007, 05:26 PM
That hadn't even occured to me until Bill Simmons mentioned it this week, but he's right. That might be the most evil revenge game of all time.
What is NE seeking revenge for? That's like a guy looking for revenge against his wife because she caught him banging his mistress. It's stupid.

keg in kc
10-28-2007, 05:28 PM
This ain't high school. This ain't college. That wasn't Texas running the score up on the East Dallas School for the blind.

How about the Deadskins show up and play like they have a pair. They embarrassed themselves. Lucky they're not Japanese. No seppuku.

Brock
10-28-2007, 05:29 PM
What is NE seeking revenge for? That's like a guy looking for revenge against his wife because she caught him banging his mistress. It's stupid.

The Patriots hate the Jest and vice versa. I don't think it's a revenge thing.

tk13
10-28-2007, 05:31 PM
I don't really disagree with that. But that obviously hasn't stopped them from thinking the whole world is against them and running it up every week anyway. I'm sure Belichick feels like his student sold him down the river.

Simply Red
10-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Ol` rule of thumb: Don't like them running up the score, well, stop them.

Spott
10-28-2007, 05:44 PM

1940 NFL Championship game

Bears 73 Redskins 0

cadmonkey
10-28-2007, 05:52 PM

come on are you serious? they ran the ball on 4th down instead of taking the easy points. they gave the redskins the chance to stop them and they couldn't.

Hootie
10-28-2007, 05:58 PM
they owed this to me...Brady's meaningless TD pass against the Bengals to Moss caused me an important fantasy win...this won me a lot of money. Sweet.

I still say...**** the Patriots!

beach tribe
10-28-2007, 06:00 PM
they owed this to me...Brady's meaningless TD pass against the Bengals to Moss caused me an important fantasy win...this won me a lot of money. Sweet.

I still say...**** the Patriots!
I still say **** your av. The Man is Chief any way you look at it.

Anyong Bluth
10-28-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm all for them blowing people out, getting all the records and going undefeated. I just think it'd be fitting if they got knocked off by Indy in the AFC Championship game.

Hootie
10-28-2007, 06:09 PM
I still say **** your av. The Man is Chief any way you look at it.
It's a joke, relaaaax.

Spott
10-28-2007, 06:14 PM
come on are you serious? they ran the ball on 4th down instead of taking the easy points. they gave the redskins the chance to stop them and they couldn't.

It doesn't bother me but I can see where it might bother Redskin fans. I wouldn't call it classless, but it was somewhat Spurrier like.

Hootie
10-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Anyone who took Brady in FFL in the first round...sorry for making fun of you.

Valiant
10-28-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm all for them blowing people out, getting all the records and going undefeated. I just think it'd be fitting if they got knocked off by Indy in the AFC Championship game.

What I want them to pull a Chiefs in their first game in the playoffs...

headsnap
10-28-2007, 06:37 PM
What I want them to pull a Chiefs in their first game in the playoffs...
against the Chiefs! :)

alanm
10-28-2007, 06:57 PM
It doesn't bother me but I can see where it might bother Redskin fans. I wouldn't call it classless, but it was somewhat Spurrier like.
They said on the NFL network that Gibbs refused to shake Belichicks hand. :hmmm:

cadmonkey
10-28-2007, 07:27 PM
They said on the NFL network that Gibbs refused to shake Belichicks hand. :hmmm:

thats some good reporting..........

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/15/fullj.getty-75557937eg028_washington_re.jpg

Hootie
10-28-2007, 07:29 PM

ROFL

TEX
10-28-2007, 07:48 PM

A guy in our league has Brady and Moss. He's in first, I'm in 2nd but I lose ground every week.

Hootie
10-28-2007, 07:52 PM
A guy in our league has Brady and Moss. He's in first, I'm in 2nd but I lose ground every week.
is it a Roto FFL league?

Frazod
10-28-2007, 07:58 PM
I hate Indy, but I'll be rooting for them against these unholy pricks. The Cheatriots must be stopped.

Simply Red
10-28-2007, 07:58 PM

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/15/fullj.getty-75557937eg028_washington_re.jpg
They did say that and it appeared that was the case. I think this/that pic. is old.

Simply Red
10-28-2007, 07:59 PM
:shrug:

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 08:02 PM
I hate Indy, but I'll be rooting for them against these unholy pricks. The Cheatriots must be stopped.Amen.

CoMoChief
10-28-2007, 08:02 PM
It's either take the 3 points and kick off, or run another play and run the clock down more. either way who gives a shit. my view is you always want to try and score a td, regardless the situation.

Chan93lx50
10-28-2007, 08:11 PM

That pick was probably before the game!

cadmonkey
10-28-2007, 08:26 PM
They did say that and it appeared that was the case. I think this/that pic. is old.

how old? when was the last time the redskins came to foxboro? that pic was from tonight.

people need to stop hating on the patriots just to do it.

Amnorix
10-28-2007, 08:31 PM

Doubt it. 4:30 game. Looks very dark in the background. Probably after the game (when it was darker).

Valiant
10-28-2007, 08:31 PM

Maybe.. But then that theory gets thrown out the window when you see it is nighttime in the picture and the game started with the sun out..

Amnorix
10-28-2007, 08:32 PM
how old? when was the last time the redskins came to foxboro? that pic was from tonight.

Thsi is the first time BB and Gibbs had coached against each other since Gibbs' return. Last game BB coached against the 'skins was when he lost to Steve freaking Spurrier.

Brock
10-28-2007, 08:35 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nwe/photos;_ylt=AgtIVrMM5rxHycuO6j4uf8gisLYF

It's from today's pics. A stupid argument anyway, Gibbs and Belichick go way back.

morphius
10-28-2007, 08:43 PM
I paid 2 less for him then someone paid for manning, that worked out better them I thought it would.

morphius
10-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Welker's TD set the 3 TD record to 9 weeks, that is something to get excited about.

The other guy probably has never scored a TD, so yeah, I'd be excited enough that I would spike it.

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Thsi is the first time BB and Gibbs had coached against each other since Gibbs' return. Last game BB coached against the 'skins was when he lost to Steve freaking Spurrier.I'd root against that douche no matter whose team he was coaching against.

FRCDFED
10-28-2007, 09:30 PM
I don't really disagree with that. But that obviously hasn't stopped them from thinking the whole world is against them and running it up every week anyway. I'm sure Belichick feels like his student sold him down the river.Man-vagina woudn't even be a head coach if it weren't for Belicheck. Talk about showing your appreciation. Just think of how hard it will be for vagina to get a head coaching job when he gets fired from the Jets. The head coaching gig is a small fraternity. He just bit off his own nose in spite of his face.

I would love to see the Pat's go 17-0, win the SB (not at the expense of the Chiefs), and break every Colt/Peyton Manning record along the way.

Brady is a much more polished QB than Manning!!!

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Man-vagina woudn't even be a head coach if it weren't for Belicheck. Talk about showing your appreciation. Just think of how hard it will be for vagina to get a head coaching job when he gets fired from the Jets. The head coaching gig is a small fraternity. He just bit off his own nose in spite of his face.

I would love to see the Pat's go 17-0, win the SB (not at the expense of the Chiefs), and break every Colt/Peyton Manning record along the way.

Yep.

He better get his shit together in NY, because when that gig is up, he's done in this league as a head coach.

Nzoner
10-28-2007, 09:40 PM

I'll take 15-1 for the reg season

yeah,I got money on them in Vegas getting beat at least once

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-28-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm rooting for the Colts next week. I thought I'd never, ever say that, but it's true.

Frazod
10-28-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm rooting for the Colts next week. I thought I'd never, ever say that, but it's true.

Yep. I feel dirty about it. But it's better to feel dirty than evil. Rooting for New England is like rooting for Nazi Germany in 1939.

Nzoner
10-28-2007, 09:42 PM

Can't do it,fock Peyton and his whiny ass,"the schedule isn't fair" and while I'm at it fock his lil bro too whose too good to play for San Diego.

Mr Luzcious
10-28-2007, 09:42 PM
I'd like to see the pats do stuff like.. punt on first down..
try 70 yard field goals.. maybe a few fake punts or fg's on second down. That sort of stuff, it would be amusing.

Amnorix
10-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Yep. I feel dirty about it. But it's better to feel dirty than evil. Rooting for New England is like rooting for Nazi Germany in 1939.

Clearly. :rolleyes:

Buck
10-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Can't do it,fock Peyton and his whiny ass,"the schedule isn't fair" and while I'm at it fock his lil bro too whose too good to play for San Diego.

REP!

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2007, 09:44 PM

Amen to that.

I'll root for any team that's playing Indy.

Even San Diego, Denver or Oakland.

Talk about feeling dirty.

Frazod
10-28-2007, 09:45 PM
REP!

You guys absolutely RAPED the Giants over that deal. I'd think you'd be thrilled Eli went elsewhere.

morphius
10-28-2007, 09:53 PM
All Peytons dancing around before the hike just annoys me, I can't see me ever rooting for him. Plus our last 2 games against that guy has knocked us out of the post season. Add in the 100 commercials where I have to see his ugly mug, and yeah, I hope they fall flat on their ass.

Hootie
10-29-2007, 12:58 AM
This is the biggest joke I've ever read.

shyguyms
10-29-2007, 08:02 AM
i just hope they keep scoring and scoring then when they are in the 4th up 40 sum Brady gets a broken bone and is out and that Payton Manning playing in the blowouts.

kcfanXIII
10-29-2007, 08:13 AM

are you sure that wasn't WPI reporting that?

Simply Red
10-29-2007, 08:20 AM

I don't hate them. Jeez!

BigRedChief
10-29-2007, 08:29 AM
I only "root" for one NFL team. I'm a football fan and enjoy watching a good game but I'll never "root" for another team. Wellll unless it helps out my team.

BigRedChief
10-29-2007, 08:36 AM
All Peytons dancing around before the hike just annoys me, I can't see me ever rooting for him. Plus our last 2 games against that guy has knocked us out of the post season.
It's actually 3 games its been Indy knocking us out

First one was Indy playoff game had the coach of Stanford, Jim Harbaugh as their QB. Amd it was Steve Bono and the kicker who shall not be named fault and not really and thing Indy did.

Second one I think our defense knocked us out of the playoffs. Not forcing one punt at home can't be blamed on the visitors but on Ryan Sims, LB's, Warfield etc. etc.

Last year it was poor game planning and the inability or desire to change that game plan during the game.

Point is that it's more our own doing than Indy's that the games have turned out the way they did.

Sure-Oz
10-29-2007, 08:42 AM
I say if they want to leave the starters on the field with a huge lead, give them a little extra, even if it costs you a penalty. Dont bitch after the game how classless they are etc, let them know where it hurts.

morphius
10-29-2007, 08:45 AM
It's actually 3 games its been Indy knocking us out

First one was Indy playoff game had the coach of Stanford, Jim Harbaugh as their QB. Amd it was Steve Bono and the kicker who shall not be named fault and not really and thing Indy did.

Second one I think our defense knocked us out of the playoffs. Not forcing one punt at home can't be blamed on the visitors but on Ryan Sims, LB's, Warfield etc. etc.

Last year it was poor game planning and the inability or desire to change that game plan during the game.

Point is that it's more our own doing than Indy's that the games have turned out the way they did.
Just because it wasn't all their fault, doesn't mean I can't want them to lose for it. It wasn't like they blew us out in any of those games, we were in each and every one of them. Just missed FG's, a rare fumble... Hell, that is 3 years of our not winning a playoff game, I guess they should be celebrated for it because it has made our team so much better now. Oh wait...

Deberg_1990
10-29-2007, 08:46 AM
I say if they want to leave the starters on the field with a huge lead, give them a little extra, even if it costs you a penalty. Dont bitch after the game how classless they are etc, let them know where it hurts.

Exactly! If your the opposing D, make them pay or dont quit at halftime.

crazycoffey
10-29-2007, 08:52 AM
It'll be funny when NE pays the ultimate price and loses a starter to injury at the end of one of these games that would have been over if they'd just been running the clock.

Exactly... the football gods aren't smiling right now. Score looking like it has been run up isn't the issue, for me. It's going for it on fourth down twice when they are that far ahead that irritates me. I kinda want to like the pats, but they do this stuff. Seems too coincidental to me that they are trying to beat the spread every week..... Just saying.

BigRedChief
10-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Hell, that is 3 years of our not winning a playoff game, I guess they should be celebrated for it because it has made our team so much better now. Oh wait...
ROFL

RoyalsRule
10-29-2007, 09:23 AM
This is the biggest joke I've ever read.

its 100% accurate. do you ever see Brady get rattled? Manning has always had great recievers/running backs. look at the roster when the patriots won the first super bowl. brady hasn't had the luxury of a hall of fame reciever his whole career. tom brady makes everyone, EVERYONE around him better.

Reerun_KC
10-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Exactly... the football gods aren't smiling right now. Score looking like it has been run up isn't the issue, for me. It's going for it on fourth down twice when they are that far ahead that irritates me. I kinda want to like the pats, but they do this stuff. Seems too coincidental to me that they are trying to beat the spread every week..... Just saying.

Maybe, just maybe someone should try and stop them?

Just a thought...

I would love for the Chiefs to play the Pats right now... Watching Mr Hoodie clown Herm on national TV would be pretty sweet...

Adept Havelock
10-29-2007, 09:48 AM
If you don't want the other team to run up the score, how about stopping them when they have their 2nd and 3rd string QB's in?

The Pats have a huge chip on their shoulder because they feel they have to prove the last 3 were not just because of "videogate".

I'm not much of a Pats fan (aside from having Brady and two Pats WR's in FFL), but this has been entertaining as hell to watch, IMO.

Apology not accepted.

dtebbe
10-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Brady still needs the Steve Young treatment:

http://home.earthlink.net/~dtebbe/pix/youngdown.jpg

DT

underEJ
10-29-2007, 10:02 AM

DT

44-9 game?

I still call them the 44-9ers.

beach tribe
10-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Maybe, just maybe someone should try and stop them?

Just a thought...

I would love for the Chiefs to play the Pats right now... Watching Mr Hoodie clown Herm on national TV would be pretty sweet...
I´m sure you would love it.

cadmonkey
10-29-2007, 10:17 AM

DT

wow, talk about classless :clap:

BigRedChief
10-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by Hootie
Anyone who took Brady in FFL in the first round...sorry for making fun of you. <HR SIZE=1>

I have him in the Planet Flea Flicker league but I auto drafted so I can't claim the foresight..........only good luck.

Reerun_KC
10-29-2007, 10:25 AM
I´m sure you would love it.
Would be bummed with the loss, but would be nice for our players to witness what a real coach is...

veist
10-29-2007, 01:16 PM
So the thing I want to know is if/when someone cheap shots Brady with a helmet to helmet or helmet to knee hit in the 4th Qtr of a blowout will everyone be whining about how classless it was?

Because me, I'm going to be laughing my ass off at Belichick if it happens but I'll feel guilty about it because it sucks that someone got hurt.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm in the "score as many points as you can" boat. If they can't stop you, no matter time it is in the game, well it sucks to be them. Tough shit.

FRCDFED
10-29-2007, 05:45 PM
The Patriots weren't classless................I would be more inclined to say that the Redskins players are overpaid!