PDA

View Full Version : International Football League?

luv
10-28-2007, 05:12 PM
What's up with us playing outside the US? Just watching NBC. Holding the Super Bowl outside the US?

Am I the only one who thinks this is a stupid idea?

kstater
10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Everybody thinks it's a stupid idea. Except for the NFL brass.

Deberg_1990
10-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Everybody thinks it's a stupid idea. Except for the NFL brass.

Agreed. The NFL sees $$$$$$$ by trying to branch out to the rest of the world. I definately understand it from a business perspective. Problem is, they risk alienating their core "joe fan" fanbase.

luv
10-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Agreed. The NFL sees $$$$$$$ by trying to branch out to the rest of the world. I definately understand it from a business perspective. Problem is, they risk alienating their core "joe fan" fanbase.
Exactly. If the NFL needs more money, then maybe they can borrow it from the players. Heh.

Spott
10-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Supposedly they want an NFL franchise in Europe within 10 years. I can't imagine any NFL players wanting to play over there, except maybe the scrubs that can't make and practice squads in the states.

Simplex3
10-28-2007, 05:24 PM
IMO the NFL is going to pay dearly for internationalization. They're pissing all over their current fan base in an effort to foster a new fan base, but don't think for a second that new fan base isn't going to see them pissing all over the current one and see it coming for themselves.

luv
10-28-2007, 05:25 PM
I was talking with dad about this today, and he brought up a point. I wonder if either team's season ticket holders were charged for that game in the price of their season tickets?

BigMeatballDave
10-28-2007, 05:26 PM
I HATE it. All it does is take away home games from fans here. Goodell needs the Nuthooks!

luv
10-28-2007, 05:26 PM
I wonder who the people over there rooted for?

Deberg_1990
10-28-2007, 05:27 PM
I was talking with dad about this today, and he brought up a point. I wonder if either team's season ticket holders were charged for that game in the price of their season tickets?

Yea, id like to know as well....The Chiefs more than likely will only have 7 homes games next year. Will Carl adjust the price accordingly??

BigMeatballDave
10-28-2007, 05:27 PM
I was talking with dad about this today, and he brought up a point. I wonder if either team's season ticket holders were charged for that game in the price of their season tickets?That is very interesting...

Simplex3
10-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Yea, id like to know as well....The Chiefs more than likely will only have 7 homes games next year. Will Carl adjust the price accordingly??
LMAO

Carl REDUCING a price? Yeah, that'll happen.

:rolleyes:

Deberg_1990
10-28-2007, 05:51 PM
LMAO

Carl REDUCING a price? Yeah, that'll happen.

:rolleyes:

Oh wait, make that 9 home games. I forgot about those 2 exciting preseason games starring Tyler Thigpen at QB and Kolby Smith at RB.

luv
10-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Heh. Saulbadguy must be for the idea.

Eleazar
10-28-2007, 06:33 PM
I honestly don't care where they hold the super bowl. It's not like it is costing the average fan a chance to go to the game.

luv
10-28-2007, 06:38 PM
I honestly don't care where they hold the super bowl. It's not like it is costing the average fan a chance to go to the game.
They don't hold so many tickets to sell to season ticket holders of the teams playing? I don't know why I was thinking they did.

Why move it elsewhere to try to gain a new fanbase whenever they can't fit everyone in who wants to go here? It's not like it doesn't sell out every yer.

JBucc
10-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Yea, id like to know as well....The Chiefs more than likely will only have 7 homes games next year. Will Carl adjust the price accordingly??Yes. He'll be missing on the concessions and parking from the eighth game, so all the other ticket prices will go up to compensate.

Mecca
10-28-2007, 06:53 PM
From what I read, the Chiefs asked to play the game in Germany next year....