PDA

View Full Version : KU vs. MU

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Who will win? Poll to follow.

TrebMaxx
10-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Well, I am a homer so I will go with MU. But I must say that KU is for real. OMG, I think I just threw up a little in my mouth saying that.

ChiefsCountry
10-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Mizzou will roll.

Bugeater
10-28-2007, 09:09 PM
DIE MIZZOU SCUM

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Well, I am a homer so I will go with MU. But I must say that KU is for real. OMG, I think I just threw up a little in my mouth saying that.Yep.

They certainly have my respect.

That said, Mizzou wins.

Spott
10-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Nebraska sure as hell won't beat either one of us.

Bowser
10-28-2007, 09:12 PM
DIE MIZZOU SCUM

LMAO

41-6 isn't that bad. You'd think they would have ran it up in the 60's for all those years Nebraska steamrolled them....

Bowser
10-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Oh, and I'll take Mizzou.

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 09:14 PM
It's pretty clear who the Husker fan hates (respects) most...

:)

Frazod
10-28-2007, 09:16 PM
DIE MIZZOU SCUM

That wasn't very nice. :harumph:

And here I'll be rooting for you 100% next Saturday, too.

Ingrate.

Bowser
10-28-2007, 09:16 PM

They have that thrilling Ball State win to feel good about. I'm not sure what their problem is.

:D

Bugeater
10-28-2007, 09:17 PM

That's subject to change after I see how bad KU beats us.

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 09:17 PM
That's subject to change after I see how bad KU beats us.Yeah, I had that in mind as I typed it out...

Go Huskers!

Bugeater
10-28-2007, 09:19 PM

Ingrate.

Why would you root for NU next week? Wouldn't you rather crush KU's hopes and dreams yourself?

Skip Towne
The early returns indicate MU fans are much more passionate about this game than the KU fans.

Braincase
Mizzou is tough, but Mangino has beaten Pinkel more consistently than any other coach in the Big 12 North. KU 33, Mizzou 31

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Why would you root for NU next week? Wouldn't you rather crush KU's hopes and dreams yourself?
Because they doubt they can do it themselves?

Bowser
10-28-2007, 09:21 PM
The early returns indicate MU fans are much more knowledgable about this game than the KU fans.

Agreed.

Silock
10-28-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm a KU fan and I voted for MU. I'm a bit worried about the offensive hiccups and the special teams disasters that we've seen lately.

I think it will be a very, very close game and I think Mizzou has the advantage, but that doesn't mean that I don't think KU can win. Either team is capable of winning.

However, there are a few more games to play between this one. I hope the team isn't looking ahead to this game.

Tactical Funky
10-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Kansas in a close one. :)

Bowser
10-28-2007, 09:23 PM
They should have the Gameday crew at this game, set up in front of Arrowhead. The atmosphere would be perfect.

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Mizzou is tough, but Mangino has beaten Pinkel more consistently than any other coach in the Big 12 North. KU 33, Mizzou 31See... I could see that happen.

I think some of us get too caught up in the trash talk.

Realistically... It'll be in that area, in my mind.

I have Mizzou coming out on top, though.

(obviously)

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 09:29 PM
We'd better win the damned thing...

If I have to watch some retard beaker like Bwillie, or that KC-Connection n00b dance on Mizzou's grave... I think my head will explode.

:mad:

ROYC75
10-28-2007, 09:31 PM

No , he isn't and neither do most MU fans. They want KU to lose all their games, especially since MU could lose to CU and KSU on the road. :D

Frazod
10-28-2007, 09:33 PM

At this point, I just want a heaping helping of them SHUTTING THE F#CK UP, as quickly as possible. :grr:

KChiefs1
10-28-2007, 09:36 PM
I can't see anyway that KU can beat MU this year but the Fat Man is a helluva coach.

ROYC75
10-28-2007, 09:36 PM
At this point, I just want a heaping helping of them SHUTTING THE F#CK UP, as quickly as possible. :grr:

ROFL Right, it's not like Tiggers are keeping their pipes quiet about it.

KU has unfinished business to take care of before the MU game.

I still haven't made my mind up on a score, it will be a close game.

teedubya
10-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Boy when KU beats MU, it is going to be HELL AIR EE US.

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 09:42 PM
The game is long way off. A lot could happen. MU has two tough games left. What would happen if Chase Daniels got a season ending injury? What if KU lost Reesing? KU has by far the better Defense and MU has a little bit better Offense. :shrug: Should be a good one.

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 09:44 PM
The game is long way off. A lot could happen. MU has two tough games left. What would happen if Chase Daniels got a season ending injury? What if KU lost Reesing? . :shrug: Should be a good one.Lets all hope none of that happens...

Seriously.

Let's not see it all get ****ed up now...

CoMoChief
10-28-2007, 09:47 PM
KU has a good defense though they have yet to go up against an offense like MU with the 7-8 playmakes they have in that spread offense. MU handled Texas Tech's offense, I'm more than confident they can handle KU's.

MU 33 KU 17

CoMoChief
10-28-2007, 09:49 PM
The game is long way off. A lot could happen. MU has two tough games left. What would happen if Chase Daniels got a season ending injury? What if KU lost Reesing? KU has by far the better Defense and MU has a little bit better Offense. :shrug: Should be a good one.
Just a little bit better offense? :shake:

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 09:50 PM
KU has a good defense though they have yet to go up against an offense like MU with the 7-8 playmakes they have in that spread offense. MU handled Texas Tech's offense, I'm more than confident they can handle KU's.

MU 33 KU 17
Who are the 7-8 playmakers? I see 3.

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Who are the 7-8 playmakers? I see 3.Seriously?

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Just a little bit better offense? :shake:
Read the stats. Oh, I forgot you don't believe the stats. You have that "keen eye" nobody else has. You are a mindless buffoon.

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Seriously?
Yes seriously. Who?

Eleazar
10-28-2007, 09:56 PM

I wouldn't mind if Nebraska punked them, but then Mizzou got to deliver the coup de grace.

luv
I think the KU/MU rivalry on here is very entertaining.

CoMoChief
Who are the 7-8 playmakers? I see 3.
Maclin,Franklin,Alexander,Rucker,Coffman,Temple,Daniel just to name a few. Not to mention MU's offense utilizes all of them.

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't mind if Nebraska punked them, but then Mizzou got to deliver the coup de grace.
But if KSU or Colorado punks you, the whole Arrowhead thing is MOOT!!!!!!!

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Maclin,Franklin,Alexander,Rucker,Coffman,Temple,Daniel just to name a few. Not to mention MU's offense utilizes all of them.
All of those "weapons" didn't do you much good against a mediocre OU team that easily punked you. You lost by 17 to them save a garbage TD after it was decided.

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Yes seriously. Who?Daniel, Coffman, Rucker, Maclin, Franklin, Alexander...

That's 6.

Admittedly... Alexander is questionable.

Edit: Lets add Temple and Washington to the mix.

HolyHandgernade
10-28-2007, 10:04 PM
I think KU offense can score more on the Tiggers D than the Mizzou offense can score on the Jayhawk D. That said, I'll reserve final judgement until I see some consistancy return to our kicking game. Get it together Webb!

If Webb returns to form: 31-30 KU

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

-HH

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 10:05 PM
All of those "weapons" didn't do you much good against a mediocre OU team that easily punked you. You lost by 17 to them save a garbage TD after it was decided."Easily" LMAO

Frazod
10-28-2007, 10:07 PM
All of those "weapons" didn't do you much good against a mediocre OU team that easily punked you. You lost by 17 to them save a garbage TD after it was decided.

You mean that mediocre NUMBER 5 IN THE COUNTRY team that you queers don't even have on your schedule? That OU?

Silock
10-28-2007, 10:11 PM
You mean that mediocre NUMBER 5 IN THE COUNTRY team that you queers don't even have on your schedule? That OU?

OU is overrated.

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Even a senile, ancient beaker should be able to name four....

Daniel, Coffman, Rucker, Maclin.

If there were a school for 2007 Big XII college football, you'd learn those names in first grade.

Frazod
10-28-2007, 10:14 PM
OU is overrated.

Easy to say when you don't play them. Especially when you don't play them in Norman.

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 10:14 PM
I think the KU/MU rivalry on here is very entertaining.I have to say... I agree.
:hmmm:

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 10:15 PM
No, I'm talking about the OU that lost to Colorado out THERE. Who we beat out THERE. And who you have yet to prove you can beat out THERE. And, yes, you have to beat KSU at their place. How much experience do you have with THAT??????????

Silock
10-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Easy to say when you don't play them. Especially when you don't play them in Norman.

What have they done to this point that KU hasn't, aside from losing in Boulder?

Frazod
10-28-2007, 10:18 PM
No, I'm talking about the OU that lost to Colorado out THERE. Who we beat out THERE. And who you have yet to prove you can beat out THERE. And, yes, you have to beat KSU at their place. How much experience do you have with THAT??????????

This is funny coming from someone who's team didn't have a home game outside the state of Kansas for the first two months of the season.

Check back with me in a week, and I'll let you know how the Colorado thing worked out.

I guess you won't be letting me know how the Norman thing worked out though.

Frazod
10-28-2007, 10:19 PM
What have they done to this point that KU hasn't, aside from losing in Boulder?

Beaten ranked teams? :shrug:

Silock
10-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Beaten ranked teams? :shrug:

A&M and K-State were both ranked this season.

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 10:23 PM
This is funny coming from someone who's team didn't have a home game outside the state of Kansas for the first two months of the season.

Check back with me in a week, and I'll let you know how the Colorado thing worked out.

That's kinda rambling. It reeks of someone searching for excuses. What difference does it make whether we played in Kansas? I think I can figure out Colorado by myself, thank you. And KU has beaten OU in Norman before, have you?

ROYC75
10-28-2007, 10:23 PM

Damn lil buddy, you have this big hang up about having to play OU at Norman . That 1 loss is killing you right now ....That's just the way the schedule played out from last years records.:rolleyes:

Maybe MU should lose , not do too well and play the weaker schedule next year.:hmmm:

It hasn't worked too well for Baylor and ISU, so look out. :p

KU is good, I'm just not sure how good they are yet, so far I see a big improvement.

Frazod
10-28-2007, 10:24 PM
A&M and K-State were both ranked this season.

Yeah, they really compare with Missouri and Texas. :whackit:

eazyb81
The real question:

If either team runs the table the rest of the way through the Big 12, including the championship game, will they get to the national championship game?

Even if Mizzou wins out, for some reason I expect another 1 loss or even a 2 loss LSU or USC to leapfrog them.

KcMizzou
Skip... this poll's not goin' your way.

Silock
10-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Yeah, they really compare with Missouri and Texas. :whackit:

Texas -- yet another severely overrated team.

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Skip... this poll's not goin' your way.
My point was that MU fans care a lot more than KU fans. It's your whole life. We're just waiting to kick ass in our sport, basketball.

KChiefs1
10-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Seriously....does KU have anyone close to Jeremy Maclin on their team? Seriously!

Frazod
10-28-2007, 10:29 PM
That's kinda rambling. It reeks of someone searching for excuses. What difference does it make whether we played in Kansas? I think I can figure out Colorado by myself, thank you. And KU has beaten OU in Norman before, have you?

Kansas sought and found the BIGGEST PUSSY SCHEDULE IN THE CONFERENCE. I'm just looking for Gayhawks fans who'll actually admit it. I did find one.

Can't say how Colorado worked out until we've actually PLAYED THEM, Einstein.

And who gives a shit if you beat Oklahoma at some point in the past? We're talking THIS YEAR. There are two good teams in the South, and you queerbaits don't play either one of them. FACT. PERIOD. THE END.

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 10:29 PM
My point was that MU fans care a lot more than KU fans. It's your whole life. We're just waiting to kick ass in our sport, basketball.That's classic.

You have a top 10 football team... and STILL you're waiting for basketball season.

Thanks for proving every stereotype about KU fans right.

LMAO

Wow.

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 10:32 PM
My point was that MU fans care a lot more than KU fans. It's your whole life. We're just waiting to kick ass in our sport, basketball.This is just setting us up for the KU loss, isn't it?

"We're a basketball school."

Fantastic. I love you, Skip.

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Kansas sought and found the BIGGEST PUSSY SCHEDULE IN THE CONFERENCE. I'm just looking for Gayhawks fans who'll actually admit it. I did find one.

And who gives a shit if you beat Oklahoma at some point in the past? We're talking THIS YEAR. There are two good teams in the South, and you queerbaits don't play either one of them. FACT. PERIOD. THE END.
KU is better than OU this year. FACT. PERIOD. THE END. See, I can type as large as you, tough guy.

CoMoChief
10-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Texas -- yet another severely overrated team.
Texas would completely wipe their asses with KU. But yes they are overrated this season.

Frazod
10-28-2007, 10:36 PM
KU is better than OU this year. FACT. PERIOD. THE END. See, I can type as large as you, tough guy.

ROFL

Are you senile or retarded? Don't guess it really matters at this point, though, does it?

LMAO

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Texas would completely wipe their asses with KU. But yes they are overrated this season.
You just get dumber and dumber. KSU dominated UT in Austin then lost to KU in Manhattan. Explain please.

CoMoChief
10-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Really what was the score of that game? Oh wait....

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 10:38 PM
ROFL

Are you senile or retarded? Don't guess it really matters at this point, though, does it?

LMAO
Nice comeback. You got nothin' .

CoMoChief
10-28-2007, 10:39 PM
You just get dumber and dumber. KSU dominated UT in Austin then lost to KU in Manhattan. Explain please.
Oh I get it now. So with this formula, KU is better than Texas even though they never played eachother and because of what other teams did against eachother.

keg in kc
10-28-2007, 10:41 PM
I believe Kansas is better than OU.

I also believe Missouri is better than OU, despite the outcome of that game, and I think there's a legitimate chance that the Big 12 champion comes out of the north. I think Oklahoma's biggest advantage is that they've been there before while KU and MU have not (which is obviously pretty big).

Oklahoma's ranked on pedigree and history, and deservedly so, while both KU and MU have had to get there the hard way. They both deserve respect for that, and it may be one of the games of the year, assuming that one or both of them don't completely fall apart in the month leading up to it.

ROYC75
10-28-2007, 10:42 PM

I don't buy that one bit. Texas is not that good this year and KU has a tough D to run on....... The linebackers and the DL contain their gaps well, it's hard to run on them, aTm found that out, their QB could do anything as well as the Big fullback.

KSU beat Texas , KU beat KSU. We will see this week how Nebraska does, they almost beat Texas.

Frazod
10-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Nice comeback. You got nothin' .

If you said "My dog reads the newspaper, and my socks can fly," I'd have no response to that, either.

And the notion that KU is even in the same ballpark with OU is just as ridiculous.

ROFL

|Zach|
10-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Wofford is better than Michigan St.

Appalachian St. beat Michigan St. but loss to Wofford.

Wofford is better. FACT. PERIOD. THE END. I am a complete ****ing moron.

http://www.wofford.edu/uploadedImages/footballSlideshow.jpg

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 10:44 PM
My point was that MU fans care a lot more than KU fans. It's your whole life. We're just waiting to kick ass in our sport, basketball.

Seriously... did you guys miss this gem?

ROYC75
10-28-2007, 10:45 PM

Hey Frazod, I agree, KU had a very weak non confrence schedule. All it did was promote team spirit and a winning attitude.

I seen a comment as well about not playing any Top 12 teams in the country..... Again, it's the schedule, nothing we can do about that. There is something you guys can do, keep winning so when KU plays MU, it will be at least Top 10. Then when KU wins, what will the excuse's be then ?

I'll make a bet with ya , KU wins, you gotta put on a KU shirt and post it on the planet. MU wins, I'll do the same thing, I'll put on a MU shirt with pic.

Deal or no Deal ?

Frazod
10-28-2007, 10:45 PM

Must be the word basketball - I filter out secondary sport shit.

Frazod
10-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey Frazod, I agree, KU had a very weak non confrence schedule. All it did was promote team spirit and a winning attitude.

I seen a comment as well about not playing any Top 12 teams in the country..... Again, it's the schedule, nothing we can do about that. There is something you guys can do, keep winning so when KU plays MU, it will be at least Top 10. Then when KU wins, what will the excuse's be then ?

I'll make a bet with ya , KU wins, you gotta put on a KU shirt and post it on the planet. MU wins, I'll do the same thing, I'll put on a MU shirt with pic.

Deal or no Deal ?

You're on, Roy. [cyber handshake]

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 10:51 PM
You're so cute when you are jealous. See ya' in a month or so.

ROYC75
10-28-2007, 10:52 PM
You're on, Roy. [cyber handshake]

Works for me ....... I hope I don't have to go out and buy one now.

OK, for you, It has to have a Big Jayhawk on it.

For me, It must have a Big Tigger on it.

[cyber handshake]

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Must be the word basketball - I filter out secondary sport shit.
I would too if I were a MUron.

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 10:53 PM
You're so cute when you are jealous. See ya' in a month or so.We've got to take care of the business at hand first.

I don't wanna hear about all that basketball shit. :)

Frazod
10-28-2007, 10:55 PM
I would too if I were a MUron.

I just don't give a shit about college basketball. Being from a state with professional football and baseball teams, I have better things to occupy my time with.

CoMoChief
10-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Speaking of basketball, MU is going to be horrible this year unless Hannah becomes the next TJ Ford.

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 10:59 PM
I just don't give a shit about college basketball. Being from a state with professional football and baseball teams, I have better things to occupy my time with.
That's OK. We'll kick your ass whether you're watching or not. Always have.

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 11:01 PM
That's OK. We'll kick your ass whether you're watching or not. Always have.It's football season and YOU HAVE A TOP 10 TEAM!

WTF, dude?

I just don't get it...

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Speaking of basketball, MU is going to be horrible this year unless Hannah becomes the next TJ Ford.
Really? I'd have never guessed.

|Zach|
10-28-2007, 11:02 PM
That's OK. We'll kick your ass whether you're watching or not. Always have.
Yes, we know that is all you have to hang your hat on after KU doesn't meet expectations...

Again.

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 11:03 PM
It's football season and YOU HAVE A TOP 10 TEAM!

WTF, dude?

I just don't get it...
I'm so shocked I'm acting irrationally.

|Zach|
10-28-2007, 11:03 PM
It's football season and YOU HAVE A TOP 10 TEAM!

WTF, dude?

I just don't get it...
He doesn't have anything. It is pretty easy to be a guy like Skip. You can act like you don't care when they lose and gloat when you win.

We call that a coward.

duncan_idaho
10-28-2007, 11:05 PM

Horrible? Were they horrible last year? They'll be about the same - borderline bubble team.

It's the same team, albeit with another year in Anderson's system, with the exception of dumping Kalen Grimes and adding DeMarre Carroll.

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 11:06 PM
He doesn't have anything. It is pretty easy to be a guy like Skip. You can act like you don't care when they lose and gloat when you win.

We call that a coward.
More insight from the dumbest member of this board. Bar none.

|Zach|
10-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Besides Skip flailing his arms around like he has actually made points that make sense. Why wouldn't this be the time for KU fans to hoop and holler? The stars have aligned in regards to the their schedule and the strengths and weaknesses of the different Big 12 teams. MU has top notch recruits signing left and right. This KU team has done a lot of good things...they will have their 15 mins that they deserve. While it is obvious MU is creating a great program that will be able to sustain success.

|Zach|
10-28-2007, 11:09 PM
More insight from the dumbest member of this board. Bar none.
You disagree? I think it is easy being you. You can talk it up when they win and act like you don't care when they lose. How hard is that grasp?

Besides being old, alone, and bitter.

I think it is easy to be you.

Seems obvious to me. :hmmm:

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Besides Skip flailing his arms around like he has actually made points that make sense. Why wouldn't this be the time for KU fans to hoop and holler? The stars have aligned in regards to the their schedule and the strengths and weaknesses of the different Big 12 teams. MU has a top notch recruits signing left and right. This KU team has done a lot of good things...they will have their 15 mins that they deserve. While it is obvious MU is creating a great program that will be able to sustain success.What's ****ed up is... Skip isn't enjoying it.

He's still all about basketball season.

Dude, Skip, FYI your football team's kicking ass. Get in on the fun.

Skip Towne
10-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Besides Skip flailing his arms around like he has actually made points that make sense. Why wouldn't this be the time for KU fans to hoop and holler? The stars have aligned in regards to the their schedule and the strengths and weaknesses of the different Big 12 teams. MU has top notch recruits signing left and right. This KU team has done a lot of good things...they will have their 15 mins that they deserve. While it is obvious MU is creating a great program that will be able to sustain success.
Damn you are stupid. You prove it every time you type.

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 11:12 PM
You disagree? I think it is easy being you. You can talk it up when they win and act like you don't care when they lose. How hard is that grasp?He's acting like he doesn't care now, because he expects a loss.

That's what it comes down to.

And to be honest... I'm not sure who will win.

|Zach|
10-28-2007, 11:12 PM
What's ****ed up is... Skip isn't enjoying it.

He's still all about basketball season.

Dude, Skip, FYI your football team's kicking ass. Get in on the fun.
You are surprised?

He has shown himself to be one of the unhappiest people on Chiefs Planet. That is really saying something...

Wow.

I am surprised that you are surprised.

|Zach|
10-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Damn you are stupid. You prove it every time you type.
I didn't think you actually had anything to say.

Be sure to drop one of us a PM when you actually get a take.

beer bacon
10-28-2007, 11:55 PM
Daniel, Coffman, Rucker, Maclin, Franklin, Alexander...

That's 6.

Admittedly... Alexander is questionable.

Edit: Lets add Temple and Washington to the mix.

Ask Talib if Alexander is questionable.

beer bacon
10-29-2007, 12:03 AM
I don't buy that one bit. Texas is not that good this year and KU has a tough D to run on....... The linebackers and the DL contain their gaps well, it's hard to run on them, aTm found that out, their QB could do anything as well as the Big fullback.

KSU beat Texas , KU beat KSU. We will see this week how Nebraska does, they almost beat Texas.

The transitive property doesn't really work in sports all that well. If it works, then Wofford and Georgia Southern are both better then Michigan.

duncan_idaho
10-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Ask Talib if Alexander is questionable.
Danario Alexander beat out Jeremy Maclin in spring and fall practice and was the starter until breaking his wrist against Illinois. You're right - he's definitely not questionable.

Chase Daniel has five receiving targets (possibly six, if you count 2006 freshman All-American Jared Perry, who burned Talib on a slant for a TD last year but can't sniff the field this year because of Maclin) who will play on Sundays and probably be first day picks. Talib can't cover them all at once.

kU is going to have to pressure Daniel somehow, either from its front four (unlikely, based on what I've seen of kU's DEs) or by blitzing. We saw how well blitzing worked out last season...

kU's defense might be more sound and fundamental than Oklahoma's, but OU certainly is more athletically gifted on defense and a tougher matchup for Mizzou than kansas because of Oklahoma's skill up front.

Mangino is three for the last four against Pinkel because of Brad Smith's limitations. Mangino was one of the first to figure out how to defend Smith, and he had the linebacker corps to really make it work. Mangino is 0-1 against Pinkel with Daniel under center, and that's more relevant than winning the last three against Brad Smith-led Mizzou (though the past really doesn't matter at all)...

Saulbadguy
10-29-2007, 08:20 AM
KU has just played fundamentally sound football. Haven't done a ton on offense when they play teams with a pulse, but their defense is what should worry MU, and any other team they line up against.

I haven't seen either team play that much, but I think KU will win this game.

Lzen
10-29-2007, 08:25 AM

Ingrate.

You should start a game thread. ROFL

crazycoffey
10-29-2007, 08:45 AM
MIZ - ZOU!

DJJasonp
10-29-2007, 08:48 AM
The early returns indicate MU fans are much more passionate about this game than the KU fans.

I think it just proves there are more KU haters than MU haters trolling the board.....

kepp
10-29-2007, 08:50 AM
How much MU wins by depends on Pig Brown's replacement.

Mizzou by 14.

Lzen
10-29-2007, 08:50 AM

All KU fans know that the non-conference portion of the schedule was way easy. But we didn't just edge out wins, we pummeled all of them. Still, for you to insinuate that KU winning at KSU, CU, and aTm was easy is BS and you know it. Then for you to insinuate that Texas is a really good team is just plain idiotic -just as idiotic as Skip claiming that OU is overrated. There is one really good team in the South division and that is OU, period. Texas has been overrated all year. They have struggled against mediocre teams all year. For comparison's sake, KU completely throttled Baylor something like 58-10 while Texas only beat Baylor 31-10. And KSU put a whooping on Texas at Austin then turned around and lost to KU at Manhattan.

Lzen
10-29-2007, 08:51 AM
That's classic.

You have a top 10 football team... and STILL you're waiting for basketball season.

Thanks for proving every stereotype about KU fans right.

LMAO

Wow.

Please don't make the mistake of thinking Skip is a real KU fan. His comments would be embarrassing to most KU fans.

Sure-Oz
10-29-2007, 08:51 AM
We'd better win the damned thing...

If I have to watch some retard beaker like Bwillie, or that KC-Connection n00b dance on Mizzou's grave... I think my head will explode.

:mad:
No shit...Mizzou better be ready to play hard.

patteeu
10-29-2007, 08:52 AM
No , he isn't and neither do most MU fans. They want KU to lose all their games, especially since MU could lose to CU and KSU on the road. :D

I want KU to be 11-0 going into that game with Mizzou. I also want Oklahoma to win the rest of their games going into the Big 12 championship game. Beating a highly ranked KU and OU back to back is Mizzou's only chance (and a slim one at that) of getting into the national championship game.

I think MU will win the game at Arrowhead, but I don't think anyone can have much confidence either way. Hopefully, it will get a lot of national exposure and it will end up being an exciting game (or a 70-0 pounding of the Jayhawks).

Saulbadguy
10-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Please don't make the mistake of thinking Skip is a real KU fan. His comments would be embarrassing to most KU fans.
I'm glad you guys get Skip, Roy, and RunRunPassPunt. Nothing worse than a small contingent of dumbasses yelling the loudest, and drawing most of the attention.

Lzen
10-29-2007, 08:56 AM
We've got to take care of the business at hand first.

I don't wanna hear about all that basketball shit. :)

Honestly, I am not ready for basketball season yet. I am just enjoying the Hell outta the football season for KU. I love basketball, but football is my favorite sport, for sure.

boogblaster
10-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Both teams are playing good football..homerism comes in, so Ill go with KU by 7 ...

Lzen
10-29-2007, 09:02 AM

Dude, you really should just talk about something you know. Mangino has taken a few years longer to build this team, sure. But make no mistake, he is building a winning football program. Hell, as good as this defense was a couple years ago, they could have won a lot more if they would have had a QB. Injuries at that positions have hurt KU in this rebuild effort. Swanson got healthy at the end of that year, though. He turned out to be a good QB (you remember how he shredded your defense at Columbia?) just too little too late. Terry Allen left the program in shambles. It has taken MM time to build it up and he's still in the process. But make no mistake, this year is no fluke. Sure, we didn't expect to be undefeated at this point, but we did expect a good team.

Frazod
10-29-2007, 09:06 AM
All KU fans know that the non-conference portion of the schedule was way easy. But we didn't just edge out wins, we pummeled all of them. Still, for you to insinuate that KU winning at KSU, CU, and aTm was easy is BS and you know it. Then for you to insinuate that Texas is a really good team is just plain idiotic -just as idiotic as Skip claiming that OU is overrated. There is one really good team in the South division and that is OU, period. Texas has been overrated all year. They have struggled against mediocre teams all year. For comparison's sake, KU completely throttled Baylor something like 58-10 while Texas only beat Baylor 31-10. And KSU put a whooping on Texas at Austin then turned around and lost to KU at Manhattan.

Texas is still finding ways to win, though. Are they not as good as they were a couple of years ago? Obviously. Are they not in the same league as Oklahoma? Again, obviously. But they're better than anyone else in the South other than Oklahoma, and they haven't exactly gone Nebraska on us.

Frazod

Nice to hear somebody actually say this.

Pitt Gorilla
I want KU to be 11-0 going into that game with Mizzou. I also want Oklahoma to win the rest of their games going into the Big 12 championship game. Beating a highly ranked KU and OU back to back is Mizzou's only chance (and a slim one at that) of getting into the national championship game.

I think MU will win the game at Arrowhead, but I don't think anyone can have much confidence either way. Hopefully, it will get a lot of national exposure and it will end up being an exciting game (or a 70-0 pounding of the Jayhawks).That would be great. However, I honestly think that MU loses at least one prior to that game. The heart and soul of our defense is out for the season, and our D has struggled at times when he was still playing. KU could also lose one prior to the Arrowhead game, but, with their luck this year, they won't.

patteeu
10-29-2007, 09:09 AM
That would be great. However, I honestly think that MU loses at least one prior to that game. The heart and soul of our defense is out for the season, and our D has struggled at times when he was still playing. KU could also lose one prior to the Arrowhead game, but, with their luck this year, they won't.

That's certainly a possibility, but I hope not. The Pig Brown loss is a big one. I hope the defense can find someone else to rally around.

Sure-Oz
10-29-2007, 09:11 AM
That's certainly a possibility, but I hope not. The Pig Brown loss is a big one. I hope the defense can find someone else to rally around.
Pig will definetly hurt the D, i said in another thread he is our bob sanders. Just hope the D steps up.

Lzen
10-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Texas is still finding ways to win, though. Are they not as good as they were a couple of years ago? Obviously. Are they not in the same league as Oklahoma? Again, obviously. But they're better than anyone else in the South other than Oklahoma, and they haven't exactly gone Nebraska on us.

No, they aren't Nebraska. ROFL All I'm saying is that I don't necessarily believe that they are better than anyone else in the South other than OU. I think aTm may beat them again this year. However, we won't know about that matchup until Nov. 23. Look at how UT has struggled against bad teams this year.

Arkansas State @ Austin W 21-13
@ Central Florida W35-32
Nebraska @ Austin 28-25

HolyHandgernade
10-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Admittedly, I have not gotten to see MU play much this year. What I have seen is impressive on the O side of the ball. Their D seems to have shored up, though the injured safety could hurt them in that regard.

I think Mangino is a better coach, however. His defense is sound enough and talented enough to take away what the opposing O likes to do best. Plus, he makes great halftime adjustments.

If Mizzou is able to jump out on the 'Hawks early, they will win the game, but they have to be at least 17 points at half for it to be considered such a start.

If KU keeps it within 14 by the half, I give KU the edge. They just have a confidence about them that is that certain "intangible" that tends to unnerve the opposition. If Mizzou doesn't score almost "at will" against them in the first half, I think they will start reaching for a few plays that result in turnovers.

My biased analysis,

-HH

duncan_idaho
10-29-2007, 09:28 AM

The defense will rally around Sean Weatherspoon and Lorenzo Williams, the other emotional leaders.

This team loves Pig Brown - think you'll see/hear a lot of "Win it for Pig" sentiments.

Also, safety is Mizzou's deepest position. Justin Garrett has played a ton this year (in the nickel) as has Del Howard. Both are top-notch athletes. From a production standpoint, Missouri will be OK.

Pitt Gorilla
10-29-2007, 09:33 AM
The defense will rally around Sean Weatherspoon and Lorenzo Williams, the other emotional leaders.

This team loves Pig Brown - think you'll see/hear a lot of "Win it for Pig" sentiments.

Also, safety is Mizzou's deepest position. Justin Garrett has played a ton this year (in the nickel) as has Del Howard. Both are top-notch athletes. From a production standpoint, Missouri will be OK.I hope you are right. Willy Mo is going to have to be the leader back there, and he can certainly do that job. I think we might miss Pig's ability to be in the right place at the right time.

duncan_idaho
10-29-2007, 09:49 AM
I hope you are right. Willy Mo is going to have to be the leader back there, and he can certainly do that job. I think we might miss Pig's ability to be in the right place at the right time.

Pig's intangibles - leadership and ... well, luck, I guess you'd call it - definitely will be tough to replace.

I think Pinkel probably will bend his rules and allow Pig to travel with the team, if he's able to travel.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Although I don't think it will matter for the Big 12 north, (I think MU loses @ KSU) KU wins this game along the lines of 33-27.

Kansas is by far the most balanced team in the Big 12; KU will run the ball at will against MU, even with Brown. The time of possesion will be key against MU, once MU starts cheating to help against the run it will play right into KU's style, especially calling the plays at the line once the defense has commited to its formation allowing KU to throw the slants and deep-ins they favor in the passing game.

Defensively KU's performances speaks volumes already, they have shut down passing teams, and running teams. MU will certainly get some yards and scores, they are just too talented offensively. But KU will do what they have done all year, play sound assignment defense and tackle extremely well. MU will not be able to move up and down the field as they are accustomed to, I think some frustration will set in and cause some turnovers. And as good as MU is passing I still question how effective they can be when their running game is non-existent as it will be against KU.

Plus KU is a better coached team.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

P.S To my son Zachary, I wish you were here to enjoy this KU season with me, I miss you and Love You.

Pitt Gorilla
10-29-2007, 10:27 AM
ansas is by far the most balanced team in the Big 12; KU will run the ball at will against MU, even with Brown. Brown is not playing in the game. I'm not sure how or why you would speculate what KU would do against MU with Brown.

duncan_idaho
10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Although I don't think it will matter for the Big 12 north, (I think MU loses @ KSU) KU wins this game along the lines of 33-27.

Kansas is by far the most balanced team in the Big 12; KU will run the ball at will against MU, even with Brown. The time of possesion will be key against MU, once MU starts cheating to help against the run it will play right into KU's style, especially calling the plays at the line once the defense has commited to its formation allowing KU to throw the slants and deep-ins they favor in the passing game.

Defensively KU's performances speaks volumes already, they have shut down passing teams, and running teams. MU will certainly get some yards and scores, they are just too talented offensively. But KU will do what they have done all year, play sound assignment defense and tackle extremely well. MU will not be able to move up and down the field as they are accustomed to, I think some frustration will set in and cause some turnovers. And as good as MU is passing I still question how effective they can be when their running game is non-existent as it will be against KU.

Plus KU is a better coached team.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

P.S To my son Zachary, I wish you were here to enjoy this KU season with me, I miss you and Love You.

Appreciate someone breaking the game down from the other side... A few points:

Did you watch the Oklahoma game? Or the Illinois game? Missouri had a nonexistent running game in both of of those contests, and the offense put up more than 30 points in each game.

kansas' defense has played very well, but they have not played a team with the offensive balance or explosiveness of Missouri. aTm is one-dimensional. Colorado is, too, though not to the same degree. kansas' performance against Oklahoma State - who still has Bowman - could be a good indicator of the jayhawks' performance against Mizzou.

Since Big 12 play started, no team has 'run the ball at will' against Mizzou. Not even Oklahoma. I know kansas has a good running game, but it is not the same as Oklahoma's with Patrick, Murray and that OL.

ROYC75
10-29-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm glad you guys get Skip, Roy, and RunRunPassPunt. Nothing worse than a small contingent of dumbasses yelling the loudest, and drawing most of the attention.

Oh, you are clever, so clever that when you make a bet, you welch on it. Did you learn this at KSU ?

How's the moving coming along ? You must have alot of stuff to move.

Till you pay up, your comments and word mean nothing to me and most members on this BB.

Anyong Bluth
10-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Danario Alexander beat out Jeremy Maclin in spring and fall practice and was the starter until breaking his wrist against Illinois. You're right - he's definitely not questionable.

Chase Daniel has five receiving targets (possibly six, if you count 2006 freshman All-American Jared Perry, who burned Talib on a slant for a TD last year but can't sniff the field this year because of Maclin) who will play on Sundays and probably be first day picks. Talib can't cover them all at once.

kU is going to have to pressure Daniel somehow, either from its front four (unlikely, based on what I've seen of kU's DEs) or by blitzing. We saw how well blitzing worked out last season...

kU's defense might be more sound and fundamental than Oklahoma's, but OU certainly is more athletically gifted on defense and a tougher matchup for Mizzou than kansas because of Oklahoma's skill up front.

Mangino is three for the last four against Pinkel because of Brad Smith's limitations. Mangino was one of the first to figure out how to defend Smith, and he had the linebacker corps to really make it work. Mangino is 0-1 against Pinkel with Daniel under center, and that's more relevant than winning the last three against Brad Smith-led Mizzou (though the past really doesn't matter at all)...

Yes, the KU-MU game is going to be amazing, but Mangino has always been a good coach against Pinkel. Last year's game was a nice win for them and they poured it on at the end, but it was 20-17 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd before MU broke away.

As far as Talib covering everyone. Yeah, he can't. I'd say max he can cover is 3 guys at once...
But, we also have Kendrick Harper and Chris Harris, and the improved Safeties. It's been a much improved 2ndary this year.

Of course MU is gonna get their points and yards, but KU's D is gonna get their stops, and I look for Mangino to play heavy ball control in the 1st half, get MU's D tired as the game wears on and the watch the flood gates pour out. KU's offense is good enough to stretch out drives and keep the clock rolling against MU, and no matter how explosive MU is, if they are limited in their possessions, they will be limited in their scores, and MU's D will have some dead legs as the game carrys on.

The game really hinges on limiting MU in their 1st half. If Ku can keep them to 14, maybe 17 points at the half, I like their chances

Pitt Gorilla
10-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Yes, the KU-MU game is going to be amazing, but Mangino has always been a good coach against Pinkel. Last year's game was a nice win for them and they poured it on at the end, but it was 20-17 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd before MU broke away.

As far as Talib covering everyone. Yeah, he can't. I'd say max he can cover is 3 guys at once...
But, we also have Kendrick Harper and Chris Harris, and the improved Safeties. It's been a much improved 2ndary this year.

Of course MU is gonna get their points and yards, but KU's D is gonna get their stops, and I look for Mangino to play heavy ball control in the 1st half, get MU's D tired as the game wears on and the watch the flood gates pour out. KU's offense is good enough to stretch out drives and keep the clock rolling against MU, and no matter how explosive MU is, if they are limited in their possessions, they will be limited in their scores, and MU's D will have some dead legs as the game carrys on.

The game really hinges on limiting MU in their 1st half. If Ku can keep them to 14, maybe 17 points at the half, I like their chancesIn the last six games, MU has gone three and out a total of four times. KU may have the best defense in the world, but that is a pretty amazing stat.

duncan_idaho
10-29-2007, 11:50 AM

The game really hinges on limiting MU in their 1st half. If Ku can keep them to 14, maybe 17 points at the half, I like their chances

Limiting possessions is the best way to try to attack Missouri, no doubt. BUT...

Missouri will load up against the run, just like it did against Oklahoma, and force kU to throw the ball. This is not the same run defense that continually got blown off the ball last season. Missouri had significant problems defending the stretch/cutback run last season, but the new starters at DE have shown the ability to string that play out and allow the LBs/Ss to swarm to the ball. And the LBs don't overrun every single play (Missouri's play at LB is so much better this season, it's almost unbelievable).

I like Missouri's chances in that strategy against Reesing/kU's WRs a lot better than its chances against Bradford/OU's WRs.

Anyong Bluth
10-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Agreed,

MU's Offense and their lack of 3 and outs is a very telling story of their prowess. I am curious as to what their total possession to scoring possessions ratio is?

KU is 1st in Big XII play in:
Pass eff. Defense (5),
Scoring def(2),
Total D (5),
Turnover margin (3)
2nd in rush D (6).
The numbers in parentheses are their national rank.

Mizzou's stats for offense since I think most see this as a game that is mostly going to be a contest of KU's D vs. MU's O:

Rushing offense: 6 in B12, 39 National
Passing offense: 2 / 5
Total O: 2 / 7
Scoring O: 4 / 8
Passing Efficiency: 4 / 18
Turnover Margin: 4 / 33

KU is 3rd in B12 and 15 Nationally in Pass efficiency- which is a telling story in KU limiting their mistakes and being sound in execution to compliment their rushing attack, and that's in spite of a constant problem of WR's dropping way too many balls all year.

Should be a hell of a game!

kepp
10-29-2007, 12:52 PM
I agree - it should definitely be a good game. From the KU games I've seen this year I can see that their D is very disciplined and fundamentally sound. However, MU's offense is also fundamentally sound - they rank 5th in the nation in fewest penalties. Discipline will get you far, no doubt, but there is a ceiling on it. I'm hoping that MU's offensive talent will play above that ceiling.

Sam Hall
10-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Mizzou had 17,000 empty seats at the home game against Iowa State. Do their fans care to support their top 10 team.

Saulbadguy
10-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Mizzou had 17,000 empty seats at the home game against Iowa State. Do their fans care to support their top 10 team.
:rolleyes:

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Appreciate someone breaking the game down from the other side... A few points:

Did you watch the Oklahoma game? Or the Illinois game? Missouri had a nonexistent running game in both of of those contests, and the offense put up more than 30 points in each game.

kansas' defense has played very well, but they have not played a team with the offensive balance or explosiveness of Missouri. aTm is one-dimensional. Colorado is, too, though not to the same degree. kansas' performance against Oklahoma State - who still has Bowman - could be a good indicator of the jayhawks' performance against Mizzou.

Since Big 12 play started, no team has 'run the ball at will' against Mizzou. Not even Oklahoma. I know kansas has a good running game, but it is not the same as Oklahoma's with Patrick, Murray and that OL.

OU averaged 4.6 ypc against MU (just considering the RB's and not the yards lost due to sacks) between Brown and Patrick. Sharp and McAnderson have both rushed for more than both. When teams play MU I think they get so worried after MU has scored quickly and feel they need to keep pace and start passing more, which I think inflates MU rush defense. Similiar to the Chiefs a few years ago when they were a top 10 rush defense and dead last in pass defense; back in the 32 defense days. And KU has almost 200 yards more rushing on the year than OU, so it is safe to say that their running game is AT LEAST equal to OU.

And in terms of MU scoring 30 points against OU and Ill with no running game; neither of those teams are as good defensively as KU. At this point in the season the numbers prove that. KU held Baylor to 154 yards passing, I know it is just Baylor but they are the 3rd best passing offense in the Big 12 with 287 yards per game. And they threw for 305 against KSU, the 3rd best pass defense in the Big 12.

I do agree that the OSU game will be a great indicator for KU of their defensive strength.

And although this is great talking about KU/MU with so much at stake, game still is a LONG way off! Alot can happen between now and then.

Silock
10-29-2007, 01:10 PM

KU fans aren't any better. We can't even sell out that tiny stadium we have and we're undefeated.

ChiTown
10-29-2007, 01:23 PM
KU fans aren't any better. We can't even sell out that tiny stadium we have and we're undefeated.

Let's be honest, if KSU and KU are getting 42-45K+ on a consistent basis, that is pretty damn good, IMO. You have two schools without much of a tradition splitting allegiances in a small mainly rural state. The largest city splits it's alumni base relatively even with KU/KSU/MU.

Compare that to Nubbie (who get a consistent 85K/game), that has one D1 program with boat loads of tradition, and on any given Saturday, they have no other competition in the state for their football allegiances. Then you figure if KSU and KU are playing on the same day, they could get close to a 100K fans between the two schools. That's not bad.

Anyong Bluth
10-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Total Attendance numbers of all NCAA teams:

So yeah, Silock, it's not as bit a stadium as others, so their not gonna get the big house crowd, but they're still topping out out and filling more capacity than many realize.

duncan_idaho
10-29-2007, 01:34 PM
OU averaged 4.6 ypc against MU (just considering the RB's and not the yards lost due to sacks) between Brown and Patrick. Sharp and McAnderson have both rushed for more than both. When teams play MU I think they get so worried after MU has scored quickly and feel they need to keep pace and start passing more, which I think inflates MU rush defense. Similiar to the Chiefs a few years ago when they were a top 10 rush defense and dead last in pass defense; back in the 32 defense days. And KU has almost 200 yards more rushing on the year than OU, so it is safe to say that their running game is AT LEAST equal to OU.

And in terms of MU scoring 30 points against OU and Ill with no running game; neither of those teams are as good defensively as KU. At this point in the season the numbers prove that. KU held Baylor to 154 yards passing, I know it is just Baylor but they are the 3rd best passing offense in the Big 12 with 287 yards per game. And they threw for 305 against KSU, the 3rd best pass defense in the Big 12.

I do agree that the OSU game will be a great indicator for KU of their defensive strength.

And although this is great talking about KU/MU with so much at stake, game still is a LONG way off! Alot can happen between now and then.

Did you watch the entire game? Oklahoma's run game was STONED for three quarters. Oklahoma's offensive line is superior to kU's. I'm not trying to put down kansas' running game - it is good - but it isn't as good as OU's. Sharp and McAnderson are good, too, but they're not as good as OU's backs. I realize kU's stats are slightly better, but Oklahoma has played three (No. 14, No. 28, No. 31) of the top 31 rushing defenses in the country. kansas has played two of the top 35. (no. 28, no. 35).

Look at the YPC against Mizzou in conference play - it is solid. Not spectacular, but solid.

kU's defense might be statistically better than OU's, and it might execute more soundly, but the Jayhawks do not have the horses up front to pressure Daniel and drop seven into coverage. (Illinois also has a very big and athletic front four) Oklahoma is a much better matchup against Missouri because of its athleticism.

To really 'shut down' this offense (see Oklahoma and Nebraska 2006), the front four has to get pressure on Daniel so the other seven can drop into coverage. kansas is less equipped to do that than either Illinois or Oklahoma... two teams that failed to shut down Mizzou's offense.

Lzen
10-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Did you watch the entire game? Oklahoma's run game was STONED for three quarters. Oklahoma's offensive line is superior to kU's. I'm not trying to put down kansas' running game - it is good - but it isn't as good as OU's. Sharp and McAnderson are good, too, but they're not as good as OU's backs. I realize kU's stats are slightly better, but Oklahoma has played three (No. 14, No. 28, No. 31) of the top 31 rushing defenses in the country. kansas has played two of the top 35. (no. 28, no. 35).

Look at the YPC against Mizzou in conference play - it is solid. Not spectacular, but solid.

kU's defense might be statistically better than OU's, and it might execute more soundly, but the Jayhawks do not have the horses up front to pressure Daniel and drop seven into coverage. (Illinois also has a very big and athletic front four) Oklahoma is a much better matchup against Missouri because of its athleticism.

To really 'shut down' this offense (see Oklahoma and Nebraska 2006), the front four has to get pressure on Daniel so the other seven can drop into coverage. kansas is less equipped to do that than either Illinois or Oklahoma... two teams that failed to shut down Mizzou's offense.

How many KU games have you watched this year? :hmmm:

Silock
10-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Total Attendance numbers of all NCAA teams:

So yeah, Silock, it's not as bit a stadium as others, so their not gonna get the big house crowd, but they're still topping out out and filling more capacity than many realize.

I guess. I went to the Baylor game and it seemed like the stadium was barely half-full. Maybe that was because of the rain, but I still expected better.

irishjayhawk
10-29-2007, 01:47 PM
KU has just played fundamentally sound football. Haven't done a ton on offense when they play teams with a pulse, but their defense is what should worry MU, and any other team they line up against.

I haven't seen either team play that much, but I think KU will win this game.

Pretty true. Though, both games where the offense has struggled have been on the road. And I've always held the position that for KU - even in recent years past - our biggest weakness is ourselves. We beat ourselves. It's happened three times this year. K-State, we should have won by a larger margin. Dropped catches (Fine in the End Zone and whoever it was that it hit off his helmet and K-State picked it off) hurt us a lot.

More recently, in Colorado, we dominated the second half after a rather pathetic first half. Colorado only dominated in the first quarter in which they were only able to put up like 7 points. (Correct me if I'm wrong) In the second half, we were the dominant team once again but kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

And then in Kyle Field, we dominated the whole game really but had almost nothing to show for it except for an 8 point margin. We missed 3 field goals. Our Special teams has been pretty sucky this year. But I'd much rather Webb miss 3 when we don't need them than when we do. The rest of the game we diddled around. People missed key catches again (Fine for a first down, McAnderson for a TD). Again, we shot ourselves in the foot more than it being the other team having a "pulse".

Here's hoping that both KU and MU keep winning.

Saulbadguy
10-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Let's be honest, if KSU and KU are getting 42-45K+ on a consistent basis, that is pretty damn good, IMO. You have two schools without much of a tradition splitting allegiances in a small mainly rural state. The largest city splits it's alumni base relatively even with KU/KSU/MU.

Compare that to Nubbie (who get a consistent 85K/game), that has one D1 program with boat loads of tradition, and on any given Saturday, they have no other competition in the state for their football allegiances. Then you figure if KSU and KU are playing on the same day, they could get close to a 100K fans between the two schools. That's not bad.
KSU counts actual attendance (started a couple years ago when they got the ticket scanners). KU still counts paid attendance. Still not bad, but I don't really care.

Pitt Gorilla
10-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Mizzou had 17,000 empty seats at the home game against Iowa State. Do their fans care to support their top 10 team.I agree that it is disappointing. Then again, we don't yell at/curse our own players and boo them off the field.

Anyong Bluth
10-29-2007, 01:52 PM
I guess. I went to the Baylor game and it seemed like the stadium was barely half-full. Maybe that was because of the rain, but I still expected better.

Yeah, you just happen to goto that game that was pouring rain and lighting all morning, and had 2 delays, both to start the game and during that totaled in over 3 hours... makes for a tough one. The rest of the games have been steadily packed. I was at the 2nd game of the year and the stadium was right around 48k, plus about 5k outside drinking & watching on the hill.

Sure-Oz
10-29-2007, 01:56 PM
I agree that it is disappointing. Then again, we don't yell at/curse our own players and boo them off the field.
I was suprised but maybe cause they played a team that was 1-7

Sam Hall
10-29-2007, 01:58 PM
I agree that it is disappointing. Then again, we don't yell at/curse our own players and boo them off the field.

the players have never been booed off the field

Lzen
10-29-2007, 02:01 PM

I was also at that game. I think you're exaggerating. I would guess there was 30-35k. Well, until late in the game when the score was getting out of hand. I was there until the very end and by that time I would guess there were 10k or less. Still, I blame that on the weather and the game time change.

Demonpenz
10-29-2007, 02:01 PM
kansas plays marquette this year?

Lzen
10-29-2007, 02:04 PM
....whoever it was that it hit off his helmet and K-State picked it off....

That was Dexton Fields. WTF kind of name is Dexton?

Lzen
10-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Colorado only dominated in the first quarter in which they were only able to put up like 7 points. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Ok, you're wrong. Halftime score of that game was 3-3. And I would hardly say that CU dominated the quarter.

Lzen
10-29-2007, 02:10 PM
And then in Kyle Field, we dominated the whole game really but had almost nothing to show for it except for an 8 point margin. We missed 3 field goals. Our Special teams has been pretty sucky this year. But I'd much rather Webb miss 3 when we don't need them than when we do. The rest of the game we diddled around. People missed key catches again (Fine for a first down, McAnderson for a TD). Again, we shot ourselves in the foot more than it being the other team having a "pulse".

Here's hoping that both KU and MU keep winning.

I agree with the overall sentiment about shooting ourselves in the foot. Reesing's receiver have dropped a bunch of catchable passes this year. Even Fine has dropped a couple and he has always been a very solid receiver.

But where are you getting the KU special teams being sucky this year? I disagree with this. Other than the early struggles of punter Kyle Tucker, I don't see it. Tucker, btw, has been a very good punter and just had something wrong in his mechanics. He figured out what he was doing wrong and said as much prior to the CU game. Said he had it fixed and you can't argue with the results the past 2 games. Return teams have been pretty good.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-29-2007, 02:14 PM
KU has the better defense. They'll force MU to make just enough mistakes and KU will come out on top.

CupidStunt
10-29-2007, 02:17 PM
MU going away.

duncan_idaho
10-29-2007, 02:18 PM
How many KU games have you watched this year? :hmmm:

aTm
Kansas State (DVR is great)
Colorado

I DVR every Big 12 game that's on TV each week.

irishjayhawk
10-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Ok, you're wrong. Halftime score of that game was 3-3. And I would hardly say that CU dominated the quarter.

Sorry, 3. Makes my point stronger. ;)

I would say that of the four quarters, CU "dominated" the first quarter. Not nearly in the way we "dominated" the second half though. For all intents and purposes, "dominated" seems acceptable.

irishjayhawk
10-29-2007, 02:23 PM
I agree with the overall sentiment about shooting ourselves in the foot. Reesing's receiver have dropped a bunch of catchable passes this year. Even Fine has dropped a couple and he has always been a very solid receiver.

But where are you getting the KU special teams being sucky this year? I disagree with this. Other than the early struggles of punter Kyle Tucker, I don't see it. Tucker, btw, has been a very good punter and just had something wrong in his mechanics. He figured out what he was doing wrong and said as much prior to the CU game. Said he had it fixed and you can't argue with the results the past 2 games. Return teams have been pretty good.

While anyone returning is better than Eddie Drummond, our return game has only been good against teams, which, to borrow from Saul, don't have a pulse. In those games, the ST was really good in all aspects.

Return teams in the other games, and perhaps because we were on the road, left things to be desired. Tucker did fix his "glitch", which is good. And Webb, aside from last game, has been dependable.

I wouldn't say they've been good though. Perhaps sucky was a tad too harsh, but they leave something to be desired.

|Zach|
10-29-2007, 02:31 PM
KU has the better defense. They'll force MU to make just enough mistakes and KU will come out on top.
Really?

MU held the nations leading WR (leading by about 400 some odd yards) to 72 yards and no touchdowns while holding one of the nations best offenses who was scoring 50\game to 10 points.

Lzen
10-29-2007, 02:32 PM
MU fans can keep boasting all they want about how they think their team will kill KU. I think they should worry about their own team and the next few games, first. I think Saul may be onto something. I read a stat on another bb that I occasional visit. It is very telling, IMO.

As for MU, they are 1-9 in their last 10 road games vs the North. And MU's only true road win this year is at 2-6 Mississippi.

Good luck in Boulder and Manhattan. ;)

Lzen
10-29-2007, 02:34 PM
While anyone returning is better than Eddie Drummond, our return game has only been good against teams, which, to borrow from Saul, don't have a pulse. In those games, the ST was really good in all aspects.

Return teams in the other games, and perhaps because we were on the road, left things to be desired. Tucker did fix his "glitch", which is good. And Webb, aside from last game, has been dependable.

I wouldn't say they've been good though. Perhaps sucky was a tad too harsh, but they leave something to be desired.

The punt returns just haven't been there the past 2 games due to the opponents punters hanging them high.

Saulbadguy
10-29-2007, 02:34 PM
MU fans can keep boasting all they want about how they think their team will kill KU. I think they should worry about their own team and the next few games, first. I think Saul may be onto something. I read a stat on another bb that I occasional visit. It is very telling, IMO.

Of course, trends haven't meant much this year. Look at Manginos road record this year compared to his last 5 seasons.

Sure-Oz
10-29-2007, 02:35 PM

Ohh noozzz we are scaredszz if we lose to both of them we should go up 2 spots a piece since they hung in there with KU!

Lzen
10-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Of course, trends haven't meant much this year. Look at Manginos road record this year compared to his last 5 seasons.

That is a good point. I keep expecting the usual MU late season collapse but it hasn't happened yet. :)

Lzen
10-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Ohh noozzz we are scaredszz if we lose to both of them we should go up 2 spots a piece since they hung in there with KU!

Heh, you know you MU fans will be getting a shit ton of Hell from KU fans if you lose one or both of those games. :p

Of course, if KU loses a game or two between now and then, we'll hear it from MUs, I'm sure.

Sure-Oz
10-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Heh, you know you MU fans will be getting a shit ton of Hell from KU fans if you lose one or both of those games. :p
Oh definetly as expected...as i will be the same when KU loses. i'll be on the board taking it and giving it back for sure, thats what this whole rivalry has come down to, both teams fans hoping the other team loses and comes back to "reality" from the other fans perspective. :p

duncan_idaho
10-29-2007, 02:39 PM
That is a good point. I keep expecting the usual MU late season collapse but it hasn't happened yet. :)

Kind of like we keep expecting kansas to lose on the road...

ChiTown
10-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Really?

MU held the nations leading WR (leading by about 400 some odd yards) to 72 yards and no touchdowns while holding one of the nations best offenses who was scoring 50\game to 10 points.

So did CU against TT, so what does that really tell us?

IMO, TT is not a very good overall offense. They can pass the ball quite well, but they suck when they have to achieve any sort of balance. That's a tad bit different that what they have been in the last couple of years. They use to be able to run effectively, when needed. They are averaging 2.54 yards per att rushing the ball in B12 play (94 carries/239 yds). That's major suckage.

beer bacon
10-29-2007, 03:52 PM
It is going to be interesting to see how Missouri responds to losing Pig. Like others have said, we do have good guys behind him in Howard and Garret. A freshman, Moye, is supposed to be coming along real well, and he might get some time at safety too.

Everyone just assumes that Kansas's defense trumps MU's, but our D has been very respectable in Big 12 play. We are #3 in conference scoring defense, and that is with us playing the #2 and #4 scoring offenses in the country. Kansas's defense has fantastic against poor to solid offenses. Oklahoma State should be the very real good offense they play.

Also, while CU had a good game against Texas Tech, their defense did not hold them down like Mizzou did. That was one of the best performances I have seen by a MU defense, ever. Also, Crabtree had 12 receptions, 131 yards, and a TD against CU. That is not quite the same as his performance against MU.

KCChiefsMan
10-29-2007, 03:54 PM
rock chalk jayhawk! Sig bet anybody?

Pitt Gorilla
10-29-2007, 03:57 PM

Good luck in Boulder and Manhattan. ;)Um, I made that point many, many posts ago (Post 120) and think most MU fans would agree. We'll likely lose at least one prior to KU.

beer bacon
10-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Um, I made that point many, many posts ago (Post 120) and think most MU fans would agree. We'll likely lose at least one prior to KU.

Mizzou fan that doesn't agree. Barring an offensive collapse, there is no reason we should lose at K-State or CU. This isn't the same team as years previous.

Brock
10-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Mizzou fan that doesn't agree. Barring an offensive collapse, there is no reason we should lose at K-State or CU. This isn't the same team as years previous.

That's what you said last year. And the year before that.

beer bacon
10-29-2007, 04:12 PM
That's what you said last year. And the year before that.

Funny, I don't remember saying this last year. And the year before that.

Brock
10-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Funny, I don't remember saying this last year. And the year before that.

Well, of course I don't mean "You" personally. I mean "You" Mizzou homer. It's just like clockwork.

beer bacon
10-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Well, of course I don't mean "You" personally. I mean "You" Mizzou homer. It's just like clockwork.

Why don't you explain to me why Mizzou should be the underdog in any of the next three games, since I, as a Mizzou homer, am obviously so ignorant and naive.

Brock
10-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Why don't you explain to me why Mizzou should be the underdog in any of the next three games, since I, as a Mizzou homer, am obviously so ignorant and naive.

They SHOULDN'T be underdogs. Where did I say they should?

CoMoChief
10-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Yes, we know that is all you have to hang your hat on after KU doesn't meet expectations...

Again.
To his defense...in basketball, MU fans really only care about beating KU when they know their season is over in Jan.

Eleazar
10-29-2007, 04:28 PM

If anything Mizzou homer generally expects a loss more than the rest of the world expects us to lose.

CoMoChief
10-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Horrible? Were they horrible last year? They'll be about the same - borderline bubble team.

It's the same team, albeit with another year in Anderson's system, with the exception of dumping Kalen Grimes and adding DeMarre Carroll.
MU has absolutely NO inside presence at all. Look for them to get out-rebounded every game. Opposing teams will get 2nd and 3rd chances because of this and it's hard to win like that.

beer bacon
10-29-2007, 04:30 PM
If anything Mizzou homer generally expects a loss more than the rest of the world expects us to lose.

No dude. We think we are going to go undefeated and win the MNC every season. We definitely don't complain about intensity or coaching after scoring after scoring 40+ points and winning by two+ TDs. Even when we aren't playing well, we just expect a "miracle" like a fifth down or kicked football to save us.

KChiefs1
10-29-2007, 04:59 PM
55-47 Mizzou

that could be the actual score of the game!

duncan_idaho
10-29-2007, 07:04 PM
MU has absolutely NO inside presence at all. Look for them to get out-rebounded every game. Opposing teams will get 2nd and 3rd chances because of this and it's hard to win like that.

Fully aware of the lack of interior presence. But that's no different than last year. And Carroll will be an upgrade over Grimes as a rebounder, even though Grimes was bigger.

Mizzou will be a little better than it was last year - though not much - with another year in Mike Anderson's system.

sportsman1
10-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Muck Fizzou.

Lzen
10-30-2007, 08:12 AM
55-47 Mizzou

that could be the actual score of the game!

ROFL ROFL

You are delusional.

Anyong Bluth
10-30-2007, 09:16 AM
50's!?

I was seeing the max either team scores would be in the 30's.

Eleazar
10-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Muck Fizzou.

GIT-R-DUN!