PDA

View Full Version : Are the Chargers going to end up running away with the division?

Chiefs Pantalones
10-28-2007, 10:15 PM
They seem to be back.

They'll probably beat more teams outside of the division than we will because they are better. We could have a better division record at the end of the season but still be S.O.L because they have the firepower to beat better teams outside of the division, thus having a better overall record.

Is it all for not for the Huard led Kansas City Chiefs?

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 10:16 PM
They're not running away with anything just yet.

That said, I'm glad we punked them in their house while we had the chance.

pr_capone
10-28-2007, 10:17 PM
They're not running away with anything just yet.

That said, I'm glad we punked them in their house while we had the chance.

No kidding... its gonna be a tough game at Arrowhead. Nice to have caught them napping at their home. :D

Nzoner
10-28-2007, 10:18 PM
They seem to be back.

They'll probably beat more teams outside of the division than we will because they are better. We could have a better division record at the end of the season but still be S.O.L because they have the firepower to beat better teams outside of the division, thus having a better overall record.

Is it all for not for the Huard led Kansas City Chiefs?

The way the pats and colts are playing it's all for not to even have a Super Bowl this season.

BigRock
10-28-2007, 10:18 PM
The Chargers have beaten some really good teams. I'd be worried if I was New England.

Deberg_1990
10-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Who knows?? They are playing alot better recently. Another sleeping giant that seems to have awakened are the Saints.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-28-2007, 10:20 PM
The way the pats and colts are playing it's all for not to even have a Super Bowl this season.

LOL you can say that again.

Seriously, they are freakin' unreal. It is their world, the rest of the teams are living in it.

I would love trade our front office with their's.

Buck
10-28-2007, 10:22 PM
No way, Im pretty sure that our next game will determine the winner of this division.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-28-2007, 10:24 PM
No way, Im pretty sure that our next game will determine the winner of this division.

Best of luck.

I hope the Chiefs get to play the game called "team that wants to lose to the Colts/Pats". Hopefully we get to lose to them lol

Valiant
10-28-2007, 10:27 PM

No shit.. They have 330+ points and have score 200+ more then they have given up..

Man I hope they get Chiefed in the playoffs..

keg in kc
10-28-2007, 10:29 PM
I think SD will win the division, but I don't think they'll "run away with it". They already have 3 losses, and some tough games on their schedule. Next week they play at Minnesota, then they have Indy at home, then they travel to Jacksonville and then they host Baltimore. Tough month. Followed by trips to here (where I think they win) and to Tennessee (where I think they don't). I expect them to win the last three weeks, however, hosting Detroit and Denver and then travelling to Oakland.

End of it all, I see them going no worse than 4-2 in the division, and no worse than 9-7 overall, and probably 10-6. Either one could win the division.

I think we end up at 4-2 in the division, as well, and finish 9-7 or 8-8, with losses at Indy, at Denver, home to SD and then, finally to Tennessee and/or at Detroit.

I see Denver at 7-9 or 8-8 and Oakland at 5-11 or 6-10.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-28-2007, 10:29 PM
No shit.. They have 330+ points and have score 200+ more then they have given up..

Man I hope they get Chiefed in the playoffs..

The only way the Pats get defeated this season, IMO, is if they get injuries, or pull their starters toward the end of the year.

keg in kc
10-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, it's "all for naught".

MaxFects
10-28-2007, 10:48 PM
The Chargers have beaten some really good teams. I'd be worried if I was New England.

like who?

Buck
10-28-2007, 10:51 PM
like who?

/sarcasm

unothadeal
10-28-2007, 10:51 PM
like who?
The San Antonio Sarcasms

tk13
10-28-2007, 10:52 PM
They're talented, but we shouldn't back down from them... we have talent too, despite what some people think. We can take them in our house.

If we could just focus on division games, and take care of business there, and at home, they'll have to play really well to pass us..

KcMizzou
10-28-2007, 10:55 PM
They're talented, but we shouldn't back down from them... we have talent too, despite what some people think. We can take them in our house.

If we could just focus on division games, and take care of business there, and at home, they'll have to play really well to pass us..Nothing comes easy at Arrowhead.

I don't care how good you are.

chiefbowe82
10-28-2007, 10:56 PM
If we win sunday vs the packers it will become very hard to pass us. The packers have a game tomorrow Monday and will be beat up with a game already this sunday, while traveling to KC, while KC has got two weeks to prepare for GB, and healing up,while getting to stay home against the packers.

CoMoChief
10-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Who knows?? They are playing alot better recently. Another sleeping giant that seems to have awakened are the Saints.
Thank God. I was gonna drop Drew Brees a few weeks ago. Thank god I didn't. Him and LJ are picking it up in fantasy and I was in 2nd in my league. Looks like I have something to look forward to.

RustShack
10-28-2007, 11:01 PM
They probably won't have any problems passing us if our offense and ST doesn't step up soon. START CROYLE!!!

RustShack
10-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Off subject, I downloaded the updated rosters on Madden today, BOBBY SIPPIO is finally on there, and has a higher overall than Jeff Webb!

Chiefs Pantalones
10-28-2007, 11:03 PM
I think we can sweep them this year.

It's the games outside of the division I'm worried about. A better division record does you no good if you have done poorly outside of it.

So I agree with tk, we have to take care of our division and home games first, get a few more on the road, and we'll be fine. Easier said than done, though.

And we don't know how good the Chargers can or will get...

HonestChieffan
10-29-2007, 05:37 AM
yes

Bob Dole
10-29-2007, 05:46 AM
Off subject, I downloaded the updated rosters on Madden today, BOBBY SIPPIO is finally on there, and has a higher overall than Jeff Webb!

This just in: Madden is a video game.

Rausch
10-29-2007, 07:54 AM
Nope, it's our division this year. It's an odd year, year two of Herm with a top 5 defense, and the Chargers coaching staff is TERRIBLE.

They'll implode...

StcChief
10-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Need the Packers to win in Dungver... short week, come to Arrowhead and get beat.

smittysbar
10-29-2007, 09:23 AM
SD is a balanced team that seems to be waking up, I think they take the div.

RINGLEADER
10-29-2007, 10:40 AM
The Chargers have beat the Bears (3-5) at home, Raiders (2-5) at home, Texans (3-4) at home, and Broncos (3-3) on the road. In other words, they've beaten no one with a winning record. Their last three victories have been strong wins but really, do you think if we were playing the same Texans team they played yesterday at home that we'd lose? I don't.

If the Chiefs can win out at home then I think we take the division. As others have pointed out it really won't mean a whole lot because the Patriots are just a freak of nature right now and I really think they could go 16-0.

RINGLEADER
10-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Speaking of the Chiefs at home, we have the following schedule:

Green Bay - One-dimensional team/Favre never won against Chiefs/he doesn't play particularly well against good defenses

Denver - Three wins on three last-second field goals, they're far from the world-beaters they thought they'd be

Oakland - Always play us tough, but they're Oakland

San Diego - We just have Phillip Rivers number and we don't lose at home in December -- two trends I think that continue when we see them again

Tennessee - This team reminds me a lot of how the Jaguars play which we all know can create problems. Then again, if Vince Young keeps running around he'll be broken in two and we'll be facing that statue Kerry Collins (which would = a KC victory IMO)

So maybe we lose to Green Bay or Tennessee. Maybe San Diego pulls out a revenge game. But I really can see us going 5-0 over this stretch. That gets us to 9-3...if we can split our remaining road games (at Indy, at Denver, at Detroit, and at NY Jets) we're in -- even if we lose one of those home games.