PDA

View Full Version : Huard is underappreciated

RedThat
10-29-2007, 10:37 AM
I've noticed that here.

People here bash him. Why?

The guy ain't the most talented QB, but have you noticed he's stepped up and took charge when he's had to? And that counts more than anything? Not the stats. He has held things together and kept this offense from caving in.

I give him credit he has taken chicken crap and made chicken salad. Making the most out of his opportunities. When you're offensive line is this bad and you're still making plays to help your team win games that is something you want out of your QB. But I didn't expect that out of Huard. He's made plays under pressure. That's a good sign. You guys should appreciate that.

He has some mental toughness in him, and I think is a bit of a leader. I see it in the games.

Im sure we all know Huard isn't the guy who we are going to depend on to win games for us? But he has chipped in with his share. Combine that with a good defense, and we have something. I think he's played a good role on this team.

I know Croyle is being looked upon as the QBOTF, but Huard is solid.

MTG#10
10-29-2007, 10:39 AM
I have nothing personal against Huard, he's taking advantage of his opportunity like anyone would. But he sucks and we need to see what Croyle can do, end of story.

Molitoth
10-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Another thread that makes me wanna puke.

txd60060
10-29-2007, 10:41 AM
This needed it's own thread? It couldn't have gone in any one of the 487 other Huard sucks/rules threads?

RedThat
10-29-2007, 10:42 AM
I have nothing personal against Huard, he's taking advantage of his opportunity like anyone would. But he sucks and we need to see what Croyle can do, end of story.

I think it's a bad idea to put a young QB in a tough tough situation.

when your O-line sucks and you have no running game that's tough for any young QB in this league.

Simply Red
10-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Back to the basics. The `O` line has a lot to do with his success or failure. If nobody can see that or refuses to admit that; It's just ignorant to me. Time to take off the Superman underoos.

Deberg_1990
10-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Hes not awful, that much is clear.

But he doesnt score points and get his team into the endzone either. Thats a QB's main job.

Obviously, Carl and Herm think differently, so it doesnt matter what we think.

Brock
10-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Well, there's something that hasn't been said about 1000 times.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Who does he think he is? That coach has tangled with the wrong man! No one says "no" to Damon!

Heh heh. Darn right.

Dismissed! Rejected! Publicly Humiliated! Why, it's more than I can bear.

More beer?

What for? Nothing helps. I'm disgraced.

Who, you? Never! Damon, you've got to pull yourself together.

Gosh it disturbs me to see you, Damon
Looking so down in the dumps
Every guy here'd love to be you, Damon
Even when taking your lumps
There's no man in town as admired as you
You're everyone's favorite guy
Everyone's awed and inspired by you
And it's not very hard to see whyyyyyyyyyyyy

No one's slick as Damon
No one's quick as Damon
No one's neck's as incredibly thick as Damon's

For there's no man in town half as manly
Perfect, a pure paragon!
You can ask any Tom, Dick or Stanley
And they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on

No one's been like Damon
A king pin like Damon

No one's got a swell cleft in his chin like Damon!

As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating!

My what a guy, that Damon
Give five "hurrahs!"
Give twelve "hip-hips!"

Damon is the best
And the rest is all drips

No one fights like Damon
Douses lights like Damon

In a wrestling match nobody bites like Damon!

For there's no one as burly and brawny

As you see I've got biceps to spare

Not a bit of him's scraggly or scrawny

That's right!
And every last inch of me's covered with hair

No one hits like Damon

Matches wits like Damon

In a spitting match nobody spits like Damon!

I'm especially good at expectorating!
Ptoooie!

Ten points for Damon

When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs
Every morning to help me get large
And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs
So I'm roughly the size of a barge!

No one shoots like Damon
Makes those beauts like Damon

Then goes tromping around wearing boots like Damon

I use antlers in all of my decorating!

Say it again
Who's a man among men?
And then say it once more
Who's the hero next door?
Who's a super success?
Don't you know? Can't you guess?
Ask his fans and his five hangers-on
There's just one guy in town who's got all of it down

And his name's D-A-M...
D-A-M-I...
D-A-M-O-

oh!

DAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

MTG#10
10-29-2007, 10:52 AM
I think it's a bad idea to put a young QB in a tough tough situation.

when your O-line sucks and you have no running game that's tough for any young QB in this league.
That was my stance at the beginning of the year, but our O-line has been pass blocking better than I expected, and the receivers arent dropping passes like I expected so I think its a good time to bring Croyle in.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2007, 10:53 AM
That was my stance at the beginning of the year, but our O-line has been pass blocking better than I expected

They WERE pass blocking better. The last few weeks have been AWFUL. We're among the worst teams in the league in sacks per pass attempt, and that's even with Damon getting rid of the ball quickly.

Eleazar
10-29-2007, 11:05 AM
This is the kind of offense you'd expect to see a guy like him quarterbacking.

txd60060
10-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Who does he think he is? That coach has tangled with the wrong man! No one says "no" to Damon!

Heh heh. Darn right.

Dismissed! Rejected! Publicly Humiliated! Why, it's more than I can bear.

God I hope you don't think you're Belle.

StcChief
10-29-2007, 11:23 AM
but the 'great Karnak' Hootie loves him and that's all we need.

Oh Snap
10-29-2007, 11:41 AM
nope.. huard jus sucks.

beach tribe
10-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Huard catches a lot of grief he doesn't deserve, because he shouldn't be starting.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-29-2007, 11:51 AM
I think Damon is the best QB in the NFL! He'll just never have a chance to prove it because he has no supporting cast.

Reerun_KC
10-29-2007, 11:53 AM
He isn't a threat to go down field. Dumps off before he makes his reads... Will throw to LJ in the flats while covered vs throw to a wide open HOF TE in the end zone.

Folds like a cheap lawn chair, very limited mobility, super soaker for an arm and zero down field accuracy.

I cant see why anyone would be thrilled that he is behind center?

He certainly takes a lot of the fun out of the game day experience that is for sure...

Croyle cant hurt this offense anymore than Huard already is... At least Croyle has upside and youth on his side.

Reerun_KC
10-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Huard catches a lot of grief he doesn't deserve, because he shouldn't be starting.

Very good point Beach Tribe...

Simplex3
10-29-2007, 11:56 AM
RedBull,

Look at it this way. At least your mom isn't under-appreciated.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2007, 12:04 PM
God I hope you don't think you're Belle.

I am LeFou.

RedThat
10-29-2007, 12:47 PM
RedBull,

Look at it this way. At least your mom isn't under-appreciated.

Why would you say that for?

Im talking about Damon Huard here. So what does my mother have to do with this conversation?

What are you trying to do by saying that?

Reerun_KC
10-29-2007, 12:49 PM

Im talking about Damon Huard here. So what does my mother have to do with this conversation?

He is just picking at you... /Redrum

Hootie
10-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Herm is doing so well reerun has shifted his negative focus to Huard.

HOW CUTE!

Simplex3
10-29-2007, 02:10 PM

I'm turning over a new leaf. From now on when anyone starts a thread about Hutard I'm going to launch straight into talking about their mom.

Note to self: CPIggy needs a feature to do word replacement...

BigMeatballDave
10-29-2007, 02:30 PM
I give him credit for having the leagues best noodle arm.

beach tribe
10-29-2007, 02:36 PM
I give him credit for having the leagues best noodle arm.
I'm not a Huard advocate, but noodle arms don't throw 60yrd(Through the air) passes. Huards arm is not the problem. he only makes one read and then dumps. If anyone has proof otherwise, I'm open to correction.

Extra Point
10-29-2007, 02:50 PM
With an unhealing hole in the O-Line, it's tough to make the first read. Huard had to fight and get out of the pocket to heave to D-Bowe last game.

Bringing Croyle into the fire will only burn him. Let Huard get beaten up, so the O-Line and O-Line Coach can finally make necessary adjustments.

Croyle's time will come, soon enough.

beach tribe
10-29-2007, 02:52 PM
With an unhealing hole in the O-Line, it's tough to make the first read. Huard had to fight and get out of the pocket to heave to D-Bowe last game.

Bringing Croyle into the fire will only burn him. Let Huard get beaten up, so the O-Line and O-Line Coach can finally make necessary adjustments.

Croyle's time will come, soon enough.
:clap: Thank you.

jollymon
10-29-2007, 02:57 PM
It is actually Chiefs standard procedure to dislike/hate our quarterback no matter who or how talented he is or isn't. :D

BigMeatballDave
10-29-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm not a Huard advocate, but noodle arms don't throw 60yrd(Through the air) passes. Huards arm is not the problem. he only makes one read and then dumps. If anyone has proof otherwise, I'm open to correction.Yes, his arm is part of the problem.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2007, 03:02 PM
It is actually Chiefs standard procedure to dislike/hate our quarterback no matter who or how talented he is or isn't. :D

It took Trent Green about 20 starts to win over the fan base. Huard has only had 15. I suspect in about five games, when we are 8-4, there will be a whole lot of Huard supporters.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Yes, his arm is part of the problem.

I know one thing - I haven't seen passes falling at the feet of receivers this year. That was a Trent Green trademark.

Hootie
10-29-2007, 03:03 PM
It took Trent Green about 20 starts to win over the fan base. Huard has only had 15. I suspect in about five games, when we are 8-4, there will be a whole lot of Huard supporters.
people are in too deep and resent us way too much for that to happen...

Hootie
10-29-2007, 03:04 PM
I know one thing - I haven't seen passes falling at the feet of receivers this year. That was a Trent Green trademark.
Yeah but Trent made great reads and targeted Samie Parker more often than Tony Gonzalez!

Molitoth
10-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah but Trent made great reads and targeted Samie Parker more often than Tony Gonzalez!

I'd rather target Parker downfield then Bigfoot.

Hootie
10-29-2007, 03:06 PM
I'd rather target Parker downfield then Bigfoot.
Debatable.

Molitoth
10-29-2007, 03:07 PM

It doesn't matter what happens in a few more games, the people who want a mediocre QB leading our mediocre offense into a first round playoff loss will still be here as well as the people who want more.

penguinz
10-29-2007, 03:09 PM
I know one thing - I haven't seen passes falling at the feet of receivers this year. That was a Trent Green trademark.No, you just see them sail high so that the receiver has to put themselves at risk trying to catch them.

beach tribe
people are in too deep and resent us way too much for that to happen...
Get over yourself. It's not about you.

Hootie
It doesn't matter what happens in a few more games, the people who want a mediocre QB leading our mediocre offense into a first round playoff loss will still be here as well as the people who want more.
You think we don't want to see the Chiefs win a Super Bowl?

Just because we'd rather see the more capable QB in the game that can lead us to wins rather than meltdowns doesn't mean we don't want to see success for the franchise.

What a ridiculous correlation. Croyle playing this year doesn't suddenly mean we are better than the Patriots next year, or the year after.

Hootie
10-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Get over yourself. It's not about you.
Debatable.

beach tribe
10-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Yes, his arm is part of the problem.
With all due respect sir, I asked for proof not opinion. Throwing wobblers is mechanics, not arm strength.

Molitoth
10-29-2007, 03:12 PM
You think we don't want to see the Chiefs win a Super Bowl?

Just because we'd rather see the more capable QB in the game that can lead us to wins rather than meltdowns doesn't mean we don't want to see success for the franchise.

What a ridiculous correlation. Croyle playing this year doesn't suddenly mean we are better than the Patriots next year, or the year after.

How do you know? You haven't seen him play in the real season with the starters...

Ow wait, you have... and he's taken them downfield for a score.

We just want to know dude, we just want to know.
We know what we have with Haurd.

penguinz
10-29-2007, 03:15 PM
With all due respect sir, I asked for proof not opinion. Throwing wobblers is mechanics, not arm strength.It is also a sign of lacking arm strength. If you try to put that little extra into it in order to throw it harder than you normally do it is going to look like Huard's trademarked wobbler.

Chiefnj2
10-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Huard is part of the problem. The offense HAS caved in. The Chiefs are 28th in points. That sucks.

Reerun_KC
10-29-2007, 04:16 PM
With all due respect sir, I asked for proof not opinion. Throwing wobblers is mechanics, not arm strength.
And due respect back to you, but most of us are ready for this nightmare to end....

every Sunday he starts is like waking up next to Rosanne Barr before the game... It just makes you sick...

And yes his lack of arm strength and ability to go down the field consistently with any accuracy is killing the chiefs offense....

28th in points has a lot to do with Huard...

Deberg_1990
10-29-2007, 04:19 PM
but Huard is solid.

Wake me when he wins a playoff game or a Pro Bowl.

beach tribe
10-29-2007, 04:20 PM
And due respect back to you, but most of us are ready for this nightmare to end....

every Sunday he starts is like waking up next to Rosanne Barr before the game... It just makes you sick...

And yes his lack of arm strength and ability to go down the field consistently with any accuracy is killing the chiefs offense....

28th in points has a lot to do with Huard...
I love Croyle. Which is why I don't want to ruin the boy.
Until we get a running game, and CONSISTENT protection, I support Huard with all a fan can give.

Reerun_KC
10-29-2007, 04:27 PM
I love Croyle. Which is why I don't want to ruin the boy.
Until we get a running game, and CONSISTENT protection, I support Huard with all a fan can give.

Fair enough... Cant argue that, but what makes you think that Croyle couldnt relieve some of the issues facing this offense with his ability to roll out, throw on the run with accuracy? The whole offense changes when Croyle comes in... They have the ability to call more plays.

Just wondering?

Reerun_KC
10-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Wake me when he wins a playoff game or a Pro Bowl.

but but but, Trent Green never won a playoff game... You know the guy that went to multiple probowls....

so Huard has to be the chosen one now....

Hammock Parties
10-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Man...if Huard wins a playoff game this year...this place will go nuts.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2007, 04:30 PM
The whole offense changes when Croyle comes in...

Yes, it becomes a turnover fest.

Deberg_1990
10-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Man...if Huard wins a playoff game this year...this place will go nuts.

The CHiefs are not going to win a playof game.

Fish
10-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Yes, it becomes a turnover fest.

Huard still has more INTs than TDs...... he is making your argument less credible each game....

BigMeatballDave
10-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Yes, it becomes a turnover fest.How many TOs did he commit in Chicago and against Jax? Yes, I know those were brief appearances, but as far as you're concerned, he will ooze ints.

BigMeatballDave
10-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Huard still has more INTs than TDs...... he is making your argument less credible each game....Hey. You are presenting facts. No fair...

Hammock Parties
10-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Huard still has more INTs than TDs...... he is making your argument less credible each game....

Man how many times do I have to go over this crap?

Huard has only thrown five interceptions this year. Two of them are credited to Jeff Webb and Dwayne Bowe.

Of the five legit picks for which HUARD can be blamed, two came in garbage time - at the end of the Jacksonville game, another at the end of the Houston game.

The other three interceptions - San Diego, Chicago, Oakland - were costly. But that's three costly turnovers in seven games. That is completely acceptable.

If you want to throw in his fumble against Minnesota, please go right ahead. That's four costly turnovers. But the bottom line is that Huard is not making too many mistakes. Croyle has proven he has an elite ability to do that.

OnTheWarpath15
10-29-2007, 04:44 PM

It was the wind, The OL, Solari, Herm, Bigfoot, Webb and Bill Belichick's fault that Damon has more INT's than TD's.

Haven't you been paying attention, Fish?

These guys were crucifying Croyle for averaging an INT per game in the PS, while playing behind the second string line and 3rd string WR's, but when the shoe is on the other foot, look out.

We've beaten three 2-5 teams.

We've lost to two 3-5 teams.

If I may quote Mr. Winston Wolf:

"Let's not start sucking each other's ***** just yet."

beach tribe
10-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Fair enough... Cant argue that, but what makes you think that Croyle couldnt relieve some of the issues facing this offense with his ability to roll out, throw on the run with accuracy? The whole offense changes when Croyle comes in... They have the ability to call more plays.

Just wondering?
When the man gets his shot, I hope they keep it simple AT FIRST, using his ARM to succeed. When was the last time you saw this team call a bootleg. Maybe a good Idea down the line. I want to see them utilize his rocket, not his legs, and then make something happen on the run when he HAS TO. Not every other time he drops back. More Brett Farve, Less Jake plummer.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2007, 04:49 PM
When was the last time you saw this team call a bootleg.

Against the Raiders...

Fish
10-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Man how many times do I have to go over this crap?

Huard has only thrown five interceptions this year. Two of them are credited to Jeff Webb and Dwayne Bowe.

Of the five legit picks for which HUARD can be blamed, two came in garbage time - at the end of the Jacksonville game, another at the end of the Houston game.

The other three interceptions - San Diego, Chicago, Oakland - were costly. But that's three costly turnovers in seven games. That is completely acceptable.

If you want to throw in his fumble against Minnesota, please go right ahead. That's four costly turnovers. But the bottom line is that Huard is not making too many mistakes. Croyle has proven he has an elite ability to do that.

More deflections than a pinball machine.....

Croyle hasn't proven shit. That's the problem.

The entire team played like shit in the preseason, including Captain Checkdown.

Molitoth
10-29-2007, 04:57 PM
If Huard comes around to playing Pro-Bowl caliper in the playoffs, then I will jump on his wagon and admit that I was a Huard Hater switching sides. But for now he is playing like 2girls1cup and I don't wish to see it

beach tribe
10-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Against the Raiders...
I don't doubt you, but I don't remember it, how bout a gif of Huard scramblin.

beach tribe
10-29-2007, 05:02 PM
If Huard comes around to playing Pro-Bowl caliper in the playoffs, then I will jump on his wagon and admit that I was a Huard Hater switching sides. But for now he is playing like 2girls1cup and I don't wish to see it
I'm backing Huard. Still think he's decent. NOT probowl, but better than Dilfer. NO I'm not saying our D is 2000 ravens good. just that Huard is similar to Dilfer.

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 03:01 PM
I've noticed that here.

People here bash him. Why?

The guy ain't the most talented QB, but have you noticed he's stepped up and took charge when he's had to? And that counts more than anything? Not the stats. He has held things together and kept this offense from caving in.

I give him credit he has taken chicken crap and made chicken salad. Making the most out of his opportunities. When you're offensive line is this bad and you're still making plays to help your team win games that is something you want out of your QB. But I didn't expect that out of Huard. He's made plays under pressure. That's a good sign. You guys should appreciate that.

He has some mental toughness in him, and I think is a bit of a leader. I see it in the games.

Im sure we all know Huard isn't the guy who we are going to depend on to win games for us? But he has chipped in with his share. Combine that with a good defense, and we have something. I think he's played a good role on this team.

I know Croyle is being looked upon as the QBOTF, but Huard is solid.

You are really smart.

siberian khatru
11-11-2007, 03:05 PM

ROFL

I swear to God he's twice faked injuries this year when the world has collapsed on him. If he hasn't faked them, he's milked minor boo-boos just to get out of the game.

BigChiefFan
11-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't know what to say-some people really wear rose-colored glasses. The Chiefs are Carl's problem, this man has been getting a free pass for 15 years now.

Iowanian
11-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Huard is terrible. He's aweful. He sucks. He is/was the worst starting QB in the nfl this year.

jjjayb
11-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Too bad it took 9 frigging games for Herm to figure it out.