PDA

View Full Version : The Pack attack at Arrowhead!

smittysbar
10-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Watching this game tonight, makes me a little worried. They pass the ball over 70% of the time, which in our Defense, is probably the weakness. GB's Defense is looking pretty good if not real good. they have two corners that can man up, which will not make for a real good day for the run.

I don't see us pulling this one out unless HE and Solari really open it up, and with Huard at the helm, I just don't see that happening.:shake:

Pierce
10-29-2007, 10:44 PM
They could barely tackle tonight. Al Harris looked a little shakey as well. We'll see, though. The Packers are 6-1 for a reason.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Our pass defense is the strongest part of our team. This game is Favre against our offense...which might be a bad thing.

Biggest worry is their defense. Mecca was right. Unfortunately.

Halfcan
10-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Solari announced in the KC Star that he thought it was good if we try to get more yards on first down.

Wow that is a good idea-too bad he didnt think of that at the beggining of the year.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Has Farve every met our close buddy Jared Allen?

Mecca
10-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Our pass defense is the strongest part of our team. This game is Favre against our offense...which might be a bad thing.

They have a good front 7 really good corners.....safeties are shaky though..

They're kinda like the Chiefs in a way.

beer bacon
10-29-2007, 10:46 PM

Their defense looked fast tonight, but they tackled like shit. They certainly don't look better then the 2007 Chiefs defense.

Extra Point
10-29-2007, 10:52 PM
The Packers sucked in tackling tonight. Denver was pathetic in trying to drive and finish. The running game will win the game for the Chiefs.

smittysbar
10-29-2007, 10:55 PM
They did have a bad night tonight tackling, but that can be fixed.

I like Ty Law don't get me wrong, but #4 can probably do some damage, and I don't see our O keeping up.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-29-2007, 10:57 PM
my guess is, it will be a similar game like tonight. Hopefully the chiefs on top. IDK i think it could go either way

Mecca
10-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Law is a shitty matchup on any of their receivers that's the only thing i'd be really really concerned about.

I think it's a 21-17 type of game.

smittysbar
10-29-2007, 11:03 PM
80 yard bomb on Bly, just imagine what he will do to Law.......

Extra Point
10-29-2007, 11:03 PM
TG and D-Bowe will manhandle the Packers' secondary. I can't wait! Green Bay will only have 5 days' rest between games.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2007, 11:06 PM
We won't have our corners in man coverage at all if we're smart...

smittysbar
10-29-2007, 11:07 PM
if we're smart.......

blueballs
10-29-2007, 11:09 PM
The Packclan was loud at Incestco
bet Arrowhead will have a large showing also

Mecca
10-29-2007, 11:10 PM
If one of those receivers shows Law deep and speed at any point, he'll play huge cushion the rest of the game.

Ask Jacksonville...

Hammock Parties
10-29-2007, 11:11 PM
If one of those receivers shows Law deep and speed at any point, he'll play huge cushion the rest of the game.

Ask Jacksonville...

Cover 2.

Mecca
10-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Yea well that look gets Pollard roasted....

If he bites on a run fake against GB he is seriously the dumbest dude on earth.

HIChief
10-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Oh, please you nay-saying Chicken Littles! The Green Bay Offense looked like they were still in the pre-season. Farve, twice handing off to no one, and losing the football on a pass attempt. Tamba Hali, Jarred Allen, and Alphonso Boone will eat them alive if they perform like that at Arrowhead. There's certain to be more pressure on Farve this Sunday than there was tonight. But it sure was good to see the hope sucked right out of the Donkeys tonight!

Hootie
10-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Actually, our strength is our pass defense. Our weakness would be our rush defense.

Either way, few would argue that it is tougher to get a W @ Arrowhead than it is @ Mile High.

I STILL like our match-up against Green Bay. I could run against Denver, that run defense is awful.

Hootie
10-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Mecca, I'll bet you $100 the Chiefs beat Green Bay. Right now. Straight up. Game?

Hootie
10-29-2007, 11:21 PM
I'll even paypal the money to a third party so no one can accuse me of welching on the bet.

Mecca
10-29-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm not betting 100 bucks on anything........

Will the Chiefs get pressure on Favre, probably. Just like they will too. I think these 2 teams have very similar defenses with their offense being better.

Hootie
10-29-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm not betting 100 bucks on anything........

Will the Chiefs get pressure on Favre, probably. Just like they will too. I think these 2 teams have very similar defenses with their offense being better.
Disagree.

The Chiefs are a better team than the Packers. Plain and simple.

If LJ gains 80 rushing yards, consider this game a lock.

Mecca
10-29-2007, 11:25 PM
I think they're pretty even teams honestly. I'm giving GB a slight edge due to QB..then it's a home game so it's basically a pickem.

Hootie
10-29-2007, 11:26 PM
the Packers defense is no better than the Raiders defense...and we beat the Raiders on the road...

The Packers offense is NOT that good...they burned the Broncos for two big plays and that isn't going to happen against us AS LONG as we can control their running game.

We are coming off of a BYE, they are coming out of a short week. We have had two weeks to incorporate Priest and LJ in the same backfield and perhaps work on our offensive line scheme.

Favre lives and dies with the underneath throw this year, we, at times, struggle with that...but I fully anticipate a 24-16 (or something like that) win for KC.

I'm 100% confident.

Mecca
10-29-2007, 11:28 PM
24......so a D TD, the only defense the offense actually put that on was Cincy, San Diego was the defense coming up with plays...

Hootie
10-29-2007, 11:29 PM
24......so a D TD, the only defense the offense actually put that on was Cincy, San Diego was the defense coming up with plays...
I'm not saying a defensive TD but our D is going to force some turnovers...

Mecca
10-29-2007, 11:31 PM
If they score 24 points they'll win...

But at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs only scored 13.

Extra Point
10-29-2007, 11:35 PM
I'll even paypal the money to a third party so no one can accuse me of welching on the bet.

Hootie will send the winner a cashier's cheque to effect payment.

2bikemike
10-30-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm really hoping for a Pack let down after an emotional win. What was up with all the penalties by Bigby? Actually there were a lot of penalties tonight.

Favre always worries me. He is such a jekyl and hyde. He doesn't hold the TD and Int. records for nothing.

Ugly Duck
10-30-2007, 12:38 AM
They certainly don't look better then the 2007 Chiefs defense.
Total Defense
#11 Chiefs
#14 Packers
#15 Raiders
#15 Jacksonville
#18 Chargers
#22 Broncos

Pass Defense
#3 Raiders
#6 Broncos
#10 Chiefs
#19 Jacksonville
#22 Packers
#27 Chargers

Hammock Parties
10-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Ugly Duck...you ready for the fatass rook?

Ugly Duck
10-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Ugly Duck...you ready for the fatass rook?

He ain't fat..... and I almost was ready till I saw how poorly our O-line played against the Titans. As bad as last year. The kid needs some live reps... but we can't afford to have him get killed out there. Still need some more work implementing the Bronco ZBS before we toss him out there I reckon...

luv
10-30-2007, 01:01 AM
So, who's favored in this game, and by how much?

Kerberos
10-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Still need some more work implementing the Bronco ZBS before we toss him out there I reckon...

Don't have the cut blocking crap down just right yet?

beach tribe
10-30-2007, 07:26 AM
He ain't fat..... and I almost was ready till I saw how poorly our O-line played against the Titans. As bad as last year. The kid needs some live reps... but we can't afford to have him get killed out there. Still need some more work implementing the Bronco ZBS before we toss him out there I reckon...
Jamarcus Culpepper.

Reerun_KC
10-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Should be a good game... A HOF QB vs Huard... If we are to have any chance in this game.. We will have to run the ball and control the clock from the start... But GB will match TD's to our FG's...

Chiefs 13 Packers 28

Deberg_1990
10-30-2007, 07:32 AM
Favre has been known to throw an interception or two before.....

I like our chances, but its basically a pickem game. Two evenly matched teams.

stevieray
10-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Still need some more work implementing the Bronco ZBS before we toss him out there I reckon...
funny to watch you embrace what you railed against for years

KC Jones
10-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Watching this game tonight, makes me a little worried. They pass the ball over 70% of the time, which in our Defense, is probably the weakness.

I wouldn't say that. Our four down linemen have been generating a lot of heat on the QB. I think we'll get some INTs from Favre. As others have noted the key IMO is our rushing game. They have a pretty solid front 7 and so far we've only been able to run on terrible run defenses. We need to convert more of our trips to the red zone to TDs. Should be a good game and likely another close one.

StcChief
10-30-2007, 07:50 AM
80 yard bomb on Bly, just imagine what he will do to Law.......
Dry Bly sucks, reason why he's gone from Lambs, Detriot.

Law and Surtain are much better corners.

The Red Sea
10-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Not to stay away from adding my own thoughs on a strategy to win this game but I just need to say..
As I sip my coffee & read thru the thread I kind of chuckled to myself.
Who thought after week two we would be sitting here week eight discussing how we just could beat a 6-1 team led by Farve?
To add we have two division road games in the pocket!

Its gonna be a dog fight for a playoff spot with sandy eggo I have a feeling.
& the game against them at arrowhead will be KEY..so so glad it will be At Arrowhead.

Hahah sorry back to my coffee..carry on with your strategy thoughts.

Let me add this announcement is huge..

"Solari announced in the KC Star that he thought it was good if we try to get more yards on first down."

Ummmm yeah huge.
At least somebody somewhere sat around a table & said WTF are we doing here?!

The bye week maybe opened some Eyes.

Molitoth
10-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Pack on a short week
Chiefs on a long week
Chiefs at home.

If the Chiefs lose, SD is taking the conference and not looking back.

smittysbar
10-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Mecca, I'll bet you $100 the Chiefs beat Green Bay. Right now. Straight up. Game?

Hootie, I'll take that bet.

Kerberos
10-30-2007, 08:30 AM
Hootie, I'll take that bet.

He'll welch if he loses

smittysbar
10-30-2007, 09:42 AM
maybe I'll pass then, unless we use a 3rd party

FAX
10-30-2007, 09:46 AM
If they get another 1 billion penalties, I think we can whip their packasses.

FAX

InChiefsHeaven
10-30-2007, 09:59 AM
We can win this game at home, especially after the bye-week. Unfortunately, the bye week might not be a good thing for us, especially on offense, but I think the second half of the season will show some stunning numbers by the defense, starting this weekend. We WILL generate more pass rush on Favre than he saw last night, and that will translate to at least one or two turnovers from him (fumbles, int's). The problem, as usual this year, will be our offense. If they can friggin' just block and give LJ\Priest some holes and Huard some time, we will win this game. It won't be pretty, but I think we win this one. Like someone else said, if the Pack wins, I think SD takes us as well and takes the division to boot.

Every game feels like a must win...this one is no exception. Pressure is on to stay atop the division.

Mr. Laz
10-30-2007, 10:05 AM
if Allen gets to favre we're fine .... if not then our defense is gonna look really mediocre, really fast.

Micjones
10-30-2007, 10:05 AM
The Chiefs have taken 15 of their last 19 at home.

I have confidence in this football team.
Especially here at Arrowhead Stadium.