PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC's To Catch a Predator. Is it ok?

KCChiefsMan
10-29-2007, 11:44 PM
Now I can't help but to watch this show everytime it's on. I think it's a great thing what Perverted Justice is doing catching these idiots and throwing them in jail for a bit. I don't think it's entrapment or unethical in any way and they should continue to catch these pervs.

Now I was just glancing around on youtube, and this emo haircut fag put up a thing saying that it's wrong what they're doing and that 20 somethings having sex acts with 13 year olds is perfectly fine. There will be idiots who will think idiotically like that. But what amazes me about this is all of the responses that it got and just about everybody agreed with this guy.

WTF????

Here is the link to the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvFUKLPezJI

don't bother listen to all of it, it just goes on about how what this show is doing is wrong and it's ok for 20 somethings to have sex with 13 year olds. Just look at the comments, it's amazing to me. Maybe I am in the minority that thinks this show is doing a good thing? Or are there really this many f(cktards out there?

Pablo
10-30-2007, 02:16 AM
It's definately OK. You're right..and the idiot who was saying whatever he said has no grasp on the situation. It's not like some 19 year old guy is going to meet up with a 16 year old chick. It's 40 and 50 year old men coming to meet 12 and 13 year old girls and boys. It's effin sick. There's a definite cut-off, some people mature earlier and may be emotionally able to have sex with someone older when they're 16 or 17 years old. But when you're 13, good God, that's terrible. It's hard to draw the line on an individual's sexual maturity, but thankfully the law has done so. If these a**holes are willingly trying to engage in sexual relations with someone who is 13 years old, throw the book at them. 20 years old is old enough to know that 18 is legal. Some people will have sympathy because it's on TV and they think they were trapped..and blah blah blah. If you're gonna be a sick f**k, you deserve everything you get.

Pushead2
10-30-2007, 04:47 AM
It's not like some 19 year old guy is going to meet up with a 16 year old chick.

Go to Georgia.

chagrin
10-30-2007, 05:32 AM
Is that where they sent the previously known as Dateline to catch a predator?
I love that shit

chagrin
10-30-2007, 05:32 AM
Go to Georgia.

Or any other state in the USA

beach tribe
10-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Unbeliveable. Chicks at that age ARE a ball of horny. It's up to the Adult to make the right call.
so many sick ****ers out there I don't think they can be stopped. The Child's fault? Unbeliveable.

bkkcoh
10-30-2007, 07:21 AM
I guess it isn't wrong unless you are looking for ways not to get caught trolling... :banghead:

Mr. Kotter
10-30-2007, 07:28 AM
Pedophiles are about the lowest scum of the earth I can imagine. Yes, 20 yr olds preying on 13 yr olds qualifies as pedophiles. The line can be murky when we are talking about 15 yr olds and 18 yr olds....but a 7 yr difference in age, when the young girl hasn't gone through puberty or high school, is a clear cut case. To Catch A Predator is doing all of us a public service IMO.

phisherman
10-30-2007, 07:29 AM
though these people are disgusting with a capital D, there seems to be some problem with the way it's set up...
i read somewhere that they haven't gotten a single conviction out of all of these stings

jidar
10-30-2007, 07:32 AM
the responses are probalby mostly from kids since it's mostly kids that engage in that youtube shit.
Of course kids of that age are going to lay the blame on their peers, from their vantage point there isn't anything about being young that absolves a person from responsibility for their actions, that's a concept that adults project onto children.

Pushead2
10-30-2007, 07:33 AM
though these people are disgusting with a capital D, there seems to be some problem with the way it's set up...
i read somewhere that they haven't gotten a single conviction out of all of these stings

really???

Deberg_1990
10-30-2007, 07:35 AM
This stuff reminds me of the "Minority Report" debate.

Is it truly a crime if it hasnt been commited yet?? Youve only thought about it.....

Tribal Warfare
10-30-2007, 07:42 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dq0sspghVi8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dq0sspghVi8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

phisherman
10-30-2007, 07:45 AM
sorry, looks like i was wrong..

there have been several stings where charges have been dropped, but it looks like they have a pretty good conviction rate according to most of what i've seen online

The Red Sea
10-30-2007, 07:46 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only parent here who has children in school.
That said I receive the occasional a Sex offender has moved within 15 miles of you letter on occasion.

I am thrilled beyond words that we get these & I usually make an effort to find out if the mother FOcker lives any where near where my boys might travel.

HOWEVER I cant believe when I get the letter with the..theres a 18 yr old that moved within 10 miles of you who slept with a 16 yr old letter.
I know I know even if she was willing the 18 yr Just HAS to be an adult & think it thru.& he must be punished BUT in SOME cases the judge needs to determine if it was date rape/forced or just 2 young adults getting caught somehow.
The 18 yr old who had a willing partner not only marked for life but the area gets his mug in the letter & hes a Sex offender for life.
Needs to be determined by the judge if its a sex offense or not IMO.

Now when I receive the 65 yr old on 14 yr old letter I want to grab my F'en gun & go hunting.

So my point is I want all those older people that REALLY are Crazy enough to take a chance & meet up with a 12 yr old girl for sex castrated!
I dont give a flying F$#k how their caught.
In fact we NEED TRAPS just catch them.

Sorry if I'm rambling its just I got one of those 18 yr old letters just the other day & when we open it I turn to the wife & say..this guys not gonna try for our boys..& toss it away.

Again the 65 yr old forcing sex on the 12 yr old..COMPLETELY different story.

Oh & dont for a second think I dont realize sometimes the 18 yr old on the young lady shouldnt be castrated as well.
Just I'd like to know more before hunting Him down.

bobbything
10-30-2007, 08:00 AM
I find everything about that show creepy and disturbing. From the nasty 50-somethings thinking they're going to get a piece of 13 year old ass, to Chris Hanson all but jerking off to it all.

morphius
10-30-2007, 08:24 AM
The Red Sea - There definitely needs to be differing levels of the law, 'cause I believe you can get on the list for public urination as well, which seems wrong to me unless you are actually peeing on people.

Iowanian
10-30-2007, 08:28 AM
You won't be arrested for trying to **** KIDS if you're NOT TRYING TO **** KIDS.

the only thing that should be done differently is a rusty bolt blown through their brain pans right before the commercial break.

mcan
10-30-2007, 09:08 AM
I think the majority of the people caught on that show are badguys and need to be locked up. That said, there is a part of me that thinks that if a young girl throws herself at a guy, it should be less of a crime (and clearly distinguished) from the guy who hangs outside of the elementary school with a white van and duct tape.

These are all guys who have been contacted and seduced by someone who is posing as a minor. The talk is very adult. The pictures they send the guys are all of adults. I can see why someone who is already lonely and sick can succumb to this. I feel bad for about 1 out of every 10 of those guys. The other 9 guys though: throw them to the lions.

Mr. Kotter
10-30-2007, 09:12 AM
You won't be arrested for trying to **** KIDS if you're NOT TRYING TO **** KIDS...

Now THAT sums it up best, I think.

Al Bundy
10-30-2007, 09:15 AM
You won't be arrested for trying to **** KIDS if you're NOT TRYING TO **** KIDS.

the only thing that should be done differently is a rusty bolt blown through their brain pans right before the commercial break.

Pos rep.

Saulbadguy
10-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Come on now, we've all seen some hot 15 year olds.

Eleazar
10-30-2007, 09:23 AM
It would be nice if these stings were going on daily in every city in the US, so we could lock all these people up, or render them too frightened to do this.

Saulbadguy
10-30-2007, 09:24 AM
It would be nice if these stings were going on daily in every city in the US, so we could lock all these people up, or render them too frightened to do this.
I watched an episode of it last night, Chris Hansen said they had 24 people, most of which have seen the show.

ChiTown
10-30-2007, 09:28 AM
I watched an episode of it last night, Chris Hansen said they had 24 people, most of which have seen the show.

When you are that whacked that you (an adult, most of which are over the age of 25) will bang a 14 year old that you lured in over the internet - I'm not sure common sense, reasoning and deductive skills are ever present in their everyday thoughts.

chagrin
10-30-2007, 09:31 AM

Thank you - I agree 150,000 %

Saulbadguy
10-30-2007, 09:31 AM
When you are that whacked that you (an adult, most of which are over the age of 25) will bang a 14 year old that you lured in over the internet - I'm not sure common sense, reasoning and deductive skills are ever present in their everyday thoughts.
Nope. I often think to myself, why would they risk their careers, family, etc for such a thing?

Maybe KCChiefsMan was on to something with the whole robot thing..

chagrin
10-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Come on now, we've all seen some hot 15 year olds.

seeing them and showing your pennis to them is totally different

Eleazar
10-30-2007, 09:32 AM

Well, at the very least, there's one more degenerate unworthy of life behind bars.

Adept Havelock
10-30-2007, 09:33 AM
I strongly applaud the goal and the results, but I really don't understand the "entertainment" end of it.

I've tried to watch and it just leaves me feeling sick.

Each to their own.

Saulbadguy
10-30-2007, 09:34 AM
seeing them and showing your pennis to them is totally different
Indeed - but am I a criminal for thinking "Man, i'd like to eat applesauce off her ass"?

Saulbadguy
10-30-2007, 09:35 AM
I strongly applaud the goal and the results, but I really don't understand the "entertainment" end of it.

Each to their own.
It's entertaining because the guys on there are total bufoons - and the lines Chris Hansen comes up with are awesome.

"Why don't you have a seat over here..."

ChiTown
10-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Well, at the very least, there's one more degenerate unworthy of life behind bars.

Amen!

I just wish thry ran stings like this in every decent-sized city once a month. There's nothing worse than a kiddie predator, imo.

Micjones
10-30-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm fine with offenders having to pay the cost of hunting some unsuspecting teenage girl down, but I've always felt there should be some balance.

In the state of Missouri a 16-year old girl can:
-Be tried as an adult for a crime
-Pay taxes
-Operate a motor vehicle

But she can't make a conscious decision about sex?
I find that to be quite odd.

If 16 is old enough to drive...
16 is old enough to sleep with a man twice your age.

If we don't think they're mentally capable of making sound decisions about sex... Then I don't want them behind the wheel either.

Let's lump it all together at 17 and be done with it.
Drive, Screw, Work, Vote...

bobbything
10-30-2007, 10:21 AM
This show aside, if an underage person actually poses as someone of age, and subsequently, the person who sleeps with the minor is sent to prison, that minor should be held accountable as well.

I saw this happen to a friend of mine's brother. He's in jail. She's laughing about it with her friends in college now.

Mr. Laz
10-30-2007, 10:36 AM

Each to their own.
exactly

it's fine ..... but that doesn't mean i'm gonna watch it.

*blech* :shake:

Hammock Parties
10-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Pedophiles are so impatient. Just wait until she's 17.

The Franchise
10-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Watch Hard Candy.

Valiant
10-30-2007, 01:42 PM
<object width="464" height="392"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/Mzg0MDIw"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/Mzg0MDIw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="464" height="392"></embed></object><br><font size=1><a href="http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=384020">To Catch A Predator Taped Live</a> - Watch more <a href="http://www.break.com/">free videos</a></font>

Iowanian
10-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Why do you always find an angle to stick up for some of these jerkoffs?

These guys are cruising chatrooms intended for young people, and initiate sexual conversations.

As an adult, I've had a time or two where an early teen liked me...but you know what? as an adult, its my responsibility to deal with it in an appropriate manner and distance myself. It doesn't matter if the hottest 13 year old on earth runs into my house in the nude and throws herself at me....i'm not going to diddle her.....because I DON'T F@CK KIDS.

Its pretty simple really......If you drive to a location to meet a person you believe to be an under-age potential sex fling......You're an effing scumbag unworthy of being fed to hogs.

Zero excuses.

I think the majority of the people caught on that show are badguys and need to be locked up. That said, there is a part of me that thinks that if a young girl throws herself at a guy, it should be less of a crime (and clearly distinguished) from the guy who hangs outside of the elementary school with a white van and duct tape.

These are all guys who have been contacted and seduced by someone who is posing as a minor. The talk is very adult. 10 of those guys. .

Demonpenz
10-30-2007, 08:06 PM
I swear i didn't know she was 5

MadMax
10-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Sexual Predators are sick and deserve the worst, But I ask you...Do You know how old your Great Grandparents were when they got married? I found out my Great Grandfather married my Great Grandmother when he was 19 and she was 14, they were married for over 70 years..Just saying check history, things were way different then. I say it dependson the people involved and the intent, sexual predators are a whole different animal. Personally knowing the way society is now and the laws I would have never put myself in that situation, let alone seek it out.

banyon
10-30-2007, 09:10 PM
i thought this thread was about MSNBC's Democratic Debate.

MadMax
10-30-2007, 09:12 PM
i thought this thread was about MSNBC's Democratic Debate.
:p Same difference

gta0012
10-30-2007, 10:27 PM
I think that every case needs to be looked at individually before one can judge.

Seriously a 18yr and 15-16yr can attend the same school and go to the same parties together. They are essentially around the same cultures and matureness.

A 50yr old man going for 12yr boys is disgusting.

I just think limiting it to age leads to a lot of problems. Each case should be looked at individually and then judged upon.

SPchief
10-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Good show

Hammock Parties
10-31-2007, 01:14 AM
aside from the obvious fact that pedophiles just shouldn't do what they do, the blame and responsibility should also be thrown on the parents of the child.

Paying attention to your child, not letting them wear nasty hoochie skirts, and talking to them about sex are three of the umpteen million things that parents can do to help bring down the number of rapes of teen girls/preteen girls.

This day and age, it truly seems like parents are too quick to throw the blame on one central thing, not wanting to take it upon themselves.

Pedophilia(not sure if thats the word for it) is a mental disease. There are many pedophiles out there that are able to hold back on their urges. that is until they see a teen aged girl walking by with their ass cheeks hanging out of their tiny skirts. It's just like trying to quit smoking, where you can be going great for a couple months then you see somebody smoking or you smell it, the urge to smoke hits ya again.

I'm very vocal on this subject, because people need to realize that the parents are the front line of defense for our children. It's not that difficult, JUST PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CHILDREN!!!!

KCChiefsMan
10-31-2007, 01:18 AM
aside from the obvious fact that pedophiles just shouldn't do what they do, the blame and responsibility should also be thrown on the parents of the child.

Paying attention to your child, not letting them wear nasty hoochie skirts, and talking to them about sex are three of the umpteen million things that parents can do to help bring down the number of rapes of teen girls/preteen girls.

This day and age, it truly seems like parents are too quick to throw the blame on one central thing, not wanting to take it upon themselves.

Pedophilia(not sure if thats the word for it) is a mental disease. There are many pedophiles out there that are able to hold back on their urges. that is until they see a teen aged girl walking by with their ass cheeks hanging out of their tiny skirts. It's just like trying to quit smoking, where you can be going great for a couple months then you see somebody smoking or you smell it, the urge to smoke hits ya again.

I'm very vocal on this subject, because people need to realize that the parents are the front line of defense for our children. It's not that difficult, JUST PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CHILDREN!!!!

ya and you can also blame media if you're going to go that route.

There should also be more (well I don't really know if there are any or not now) moral lesson shows like Full House and Urkel for kids to watch :p

Hammock Parties
10-31-2007, 01:31 AM
ya and you can also blame media if you're going to go that route.

There should also be more (well I don't really know if there are any or not now) moral lesson shows like Full House and Urkel for kids to watch :p

yah i know man, they love to glorify scantily dressed people like paris hilton(whom i actually feel is utterly repulsive to look at), Britney Spears, etc. The media has led this craze, along with MTV and parents lack of attention to their children.

let me say one more thing.

**** MTV!!! SELLOUT MOTHER ****ERS!!!!!!!!

stumppy
10-31-2007, 02:00 AM

These are all guys who have been contacted and seduced by someone who is posing as a minor. The talk is very adult. The pictures they send the guys are all of adults. I can see why someone who is already lonely and sick can succumb to this. I feel bad for about 1 out of every 10 of those guys. The other 9 guys though: throw them to the lions.

Are you kidding me? The "majority" are bad guys ? WTF man.
The talk is very adult ? What has that got to do with any of this ? Hell, there's not a jr. high school kid out there that couldn't talk like a sailor if they wanted too.
You can see how someone could "succumb" to this ? By using the term succumb you make it sound like these scumbags are the victim. Like the show says, these scumbags are fuggin predators. And our kids are the prey.

vincent
10-31-2007, 03:26 AM

Not true...

...in order to catch these sick bastards, they make it very clear that the girl is underage....

Are you gonna arrest the guy who knocks on the door and says "Uh yeah, I'm here to bang the adult girl in the adult pic she sent me..."

...if that were the case the show would be called "To Humiliate a Desperate Loser"...

EDIT: As for the rest of your post, see Post #50....Stumppy pretty much hit the nail on the head...