PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT REMINDER....

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-30-2007, 11:17 AM
As of tomorrow telemarketers will be able to call you on your cell phone at your expense. Cell phone numbers are to be released to these evil people.

The national do not call list number is 888-382-1222

It takes about 20 seconds to get your number on the list which is good for 5 years.

Otis99
10-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Incorrect.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

Dartgod
10-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Mom?

Tribal Warfare
10-30-2007, 11:49 AM
As of tomorrow telemarketers will be able to call you on your cell phone at your expense. Cell phone numbers are to be released to these evil people.

The national do not call list number is 888-382-1222

It takes about 20 seconds to get your number on the list which is good for 5 years.

I got telemarketing shit last month, and I was like WTF I'm going to class asshole

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Incorrect.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

Snopes is wrong!

penguinz
10-30-2007, 11:54 AM
It is called caller ID. Don;t answer the damn thing if you do not know who it is. ;)

penguinz
10-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Snopes is wrong!Before you claim other to be wrong you should double check yourself. ;)

The Truth About Cell Phones And The Do Not Call Registry

The Federal Trade Commission today reiterated that despite the claims made in e-mails circulating on the Internet, consumers should not be concerned that their cell phone numbers will be released to telemarketers in the near future, and that it is not necessary to register cell phone numbers on the National Do Not Call (DNC) Registry to be protected from most telemarketing calls to cell phones.

The truth about cell phones and the DNC Registry is:

* Contrary to the e-mail, cell phone numbers are NOT being released to telemarketers, and you will NOT soon be getting telemarketing calls on your cell phone.
* There is NO deadline by which you must register your cell phone number on the Registry.
* Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers. Automated dialers are standard in the industry, so most telemarketers are barred from calling consumers on their cell phones without their consent.
* The national associations representing telemarketers have stated that their members do not intend to start calling consumers’ cell phones.
* There is only ONE National DNC Registry. There is no separate registry for cell phones.
* The DNC Registry accepts registrations from both cell phones and land lines. You must call from the phone number that you want to register. If you register online, you must respond to a confirmation e-mail.
* While the telecommunications industry has been discussing the possibility of creating a wireless 411 directory, according to the FCC, even if a wireless 411 directory is established, most telemarketing calls to cell phones would still be illegal, regardless of whether the number is listed on the federal government’s Do Not Call Registry.

In addition, according to the industry:

* Your number would not be included in a wireless 411 directory unless you wanted it to be (i.e., you will have to “opt-in”); and
* The wireless 411 directory would not be available in a printed, electronic, or Internet list for telemarketers. In other words, a list of numbers on the wireless 411 directory would not be made available to telemarketers.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2007/10/dnccellphones.shtm

Stinger
10-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Snopes is wrong!

You mean the Redskins Won???????????

:p

ROYC75
10-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks .........

Rep.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Before you claim other to be wrong you should double check yourself. ;)

The Truth About Cell Phones And The Do Not Call Registry

The Federal Trade Commission today reiterated that despite the claims made in e-mails circulating on the Internet, consumers should not be concerned that their cell phone numbers will be released to telemarketers in the near future, and that it is not necessary to register cell phone numbers on the National Do Not Call (DNC) Registry to be protected from most telemarketing calls to cell phones.

The truth about cell phones and the DNC Registry is:

* Contrary to the e-mail, cell phone numbers are NOT being released to telemarketers, and you will NOT soon be getting telemarketing calls on your cell phone.
* There is NO deadline by which you must register your cell phone number on the Registry.
* Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers. Automated dialers are standard in the industry, so most telemarketers are barred from calling consumers on their cell phones without their consent.
* The national associations representing telemarketers have stated that their members do not intend to start calling consumers’ cell phones.
* There is only ONE National DNC Registry. There is no separate registry for cell phones.
* The DNC Registry accepts registrations from both cell phones and land lines. You must call from the phone number that you want to register. If you register online, you must respond to a confirmation e-mail.
* While the telecommunications industry has been discussing the possibility of creating a wireless 411 directory, according to the FCC, even if a wireless 411 directory is established, most telemarketing calls to cell phones would still be illegal, regardless of whether the number is listed on the federal government’s Do Not Call Registry.

In addition, according to the industry:

* Your number would not be included in a wireless 411 directory unless you wanted it to be (i.e., you will have to “opt-in”); and
* The wireless 411 directory would not be available in a printed, electronic, or Internet list for telemarketers. In other words, a list of numbers on the wireless 411 directory would not be made available to telemarketers.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2007/10/dnccellphones.shtm

I did check it out! This is wrong! This memo was put out by the national telemarketers screw you in the ass foundation.Telemarketers will be keeping your phone line tied up 24 hours a day. You can't believe everything you read.

Tribal Warfare
10-30-2007, 12:07 PM
It is called caller ID. Don;t answer the damn thing if you do not know who it is. ;)
That's the thing my caller ID on my cell is F*CKED UP

xbarretx
10-30-2007, 12:07 PM
yes, and its a website to use.... not a phone number!

www.donotcall.gov

splatbass
10-30-2007, 12:09 PM
I did check it out! This is wrong! This memo was put out by the national telemarketers screw you in the ass foundation.Telemarketers will be keeping your phone line tied up 24 hours a day. You can't believe everything you read.

It was posted from the Federal Trade Commission web page. If you have some information that the FTC doesn't have (not very likely) please post it. With sources.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-30-2007, 12:10 PM
yes, and its a website to use.... not a phone number!

www.donotcall.gov (http://www.donotcall.gov)

You can call the number I provided. Dipwad!

Bwana
10-30-2007, 12:16 PM
True or not, it was about 5 years ago when this thing started and the do not call is only good for 5 years at a time. I just called in all my numbers from various phones (including cells) and got back on the five year plan. Good post!

Simplex3
10-30-2007, 12:17 PM
http://gallery.ksilebo.com/d/36-4/tinfoil_hat.jpg

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-30-2007, 12:20 PM
True or not, it was about 5 years ago when this thing started and the do not call is only good for 5 years at a time. I just called in all my numbers from various phones (including cells) and got back on the five year plan. Good post!

Thanks, because I made arangements to where $1 goes to my checking account for each phone # that is registered.

xbarretx
10-30-2007, 12:36 PM
You can call the number I provided. Dipwad!

i think someone needs a hug :>

i put the webstie in there b/c you can then have proof that you signed for it by printing a page. thus if they still call you, you can get them in trouble!

and snopes isnt wrong. i think the number you gave is a number that allows telemarketers to telemarket from the number you call in on. thus getting you introuble and not them! j/k :)

Bwana
10-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks, because I made arangements to where $1 goes to my checking account for each phone # that is registered.

The check is in the mail.

wilas101
10-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Mom?

HAHAHA

My parents do the same shit. Every day its more crap that link to snopes.

Today its cell phone telemarketers. yesterday it was budweiser pulling its products from some convenience store in california. the day before that it was some gay looking thing reminding me that its ok to be nice to the weird kid because he might be going home to kill himself that weekend.

Of course we can't forget that God loves me. At least I can't ****ing forget it when its sent to me 9 times a day by various family members. I can't complain though because without them I would have missed out on the many, many financial windfalls that have come to me after I've forwarded various emails to 10 or 12 of my closest friends the least of which was the thousands of dollars Bill Gates gave me. He's a good guy that Bill Gates.

Oh yeah, and in case I forget:

If you can read this you should thank a teacher. If you're reading it in english you should thank a soldier. I believe you're supposed to thank Jesus too but I can't recall why. I think maybe he helped Al Gore invent the internet.

Ultra Peanut
10-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Hog Farmer.

You're dumb.