PDA

View Full Version : So why are the Donks suffering right now?

Direckshun
10-30-2007, 04:12 PM
List your reasons, serious and not so serious.

Honestly, I think it's been Cutler's noticeably slow development, poor drafting, and Shanahan's tendency to go to ridiculous heights in free agency to instantly repair his DL.

Demonpenz
10-30-2007, 04:14 PM
marice clarrett

chiefbowe82
10-30-2007, 04:16 PM
at the end of the day, their right before us for first place. If you know mike than you know he won't quit, his team will come out and compete every single week. They find ways to win football games, have to credit shanahan.

OnTheWarpath15
10-30-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm with you on the drafting an FA signings, but remember that Cutler has only started 12 games. Not even a full season.

People have been spoiled by QB's like Brady and Roethlisberger going out there and lighting it up right away.

And let's face it, it's not exactly like he has great receivers to throw to. Rod Smith has been out the entire year and Javon Walker has been out the majority.

Plus, their OL is in shambles right now.

If I were a Denver fan, I'd be pretty forgiving when it comes to Cutler.

Mile High Mania
10-30-2007, 04:18 PM

Honestly, I think it's been Cutler's noticeably slow development, poor drafting, and Shanahan's tendency to go to ridiculous heights in free agency to instantly repair his DL.

Interesting.

12 games with 4 different starting RBs (the Bells, Henry and Young). Walker is hurt. I guess he's a slow developer when you consider those big items.

The Oline has been revamped thanks to injury...

Marshall, Scheffler are 2nd year guys with Cutler. Young is a rookie... Stokley is good, but not a #2 and is forced to be now. The rookies on defense are improving.

It's just a down year. Again, it's nothing I care to see happen, but it's a reality. The team will be better off if the young guys getting this experience now can improve and be better because of it.

Sure, they've made player mistakes, but I don't blame them for trying. Shanahan has earned the right to take risks in my opinion, and he's earned the right to fail... I know he has a goal. Will it be reached this year? No, but I like the youth movement on the team.

FAX
10-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Rectoplasm.

FAX

beach tribe
10-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Because they suck

Megbert
10-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Roger Goodell

beer bacon
10-30-2007, 04:27 PM
The sad thing is over the last 10 years the Chiefs may have drafted worse than the Broncos and have definitely done worse in free agency.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Karma.

TEX
10-30-2007, 04:28 PM
marice clarrett

ROFL

BigMeatballDave
10-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Their play has nothing to do with Cutler. He's playing pretty damn good for a 2nd yr QB, IMO.

Deberg_1990
10-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Shanny has become Marty Schottenhiemer circa 1998.

siberian khatru
10-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Beelzebub called. The bill is finally due.

Tiger's Fan
10-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Donkey John is gone.

beach tribe
10-30-2007, 04:39 PM
The sad thing is over the last 10 years the Chiefs may have drafted worse than the Broncos and have definitely done worse in free agency.
De ja vu

kstater
10-30-2007, 04:46 PM
beer bacon
10-30-2007, 04:49 PM
marice clarrett

ROFL

evolve27
10-30-2007, 04:56 PM
didn't draft Bowe.

kcirnamffoh
10-30-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm with you on the drafting an FA signings, but remember that Cutler has only started 12 games. Not even a full season.

People have been spoiled by QB's like Brady and Roethlisberger going out there and lighting it up right away.

And let's face it, it's not exactly like he has great receivers to throw to. Rod Smith has been out the entire year and Javon Walker has been out the majority.

Plus, their OL is in shambles right now.

If I were a Denver fan, I'd be pretty forgiving when it comes to Cutler.

Man, I'm sorry but I don't come here as much as some of you but I could sware that you Warpath rag on Huard as much as anyone around here. Cutler is in an offense that is having problems and you recognize that and don't fault the QB? But as for the Chiefs its all Huard's fault. You say Denver fans should be forgiving of Cutler but you seem to want Huard mounted and stuffed on a wall to be replaced by basically a rookie and then all the sudden I guess you would be forgiving of Croyle. Did Damon Huard steal your bicycle?

Easy 6
10-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Utler is the least of that teams worries IMO, a bright spot even...good mobility, is learning some swift fakes & makes Play Maker throws.

Despite a few mistakes, he had the Donkos in it 'til the VERY ( ROFL ) bitter end.

A young talent, with all of the skills, that only needs some time in the fire... :hmmm: ...that storys sounds eerily familiar.

The Franchise
10-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Man, I'm sorry but I don't come here as much as some of you but I could sware that you Warpath rag on Huard as much as anyone around here. Cutler is in an offense that is having problems and you recognize that and don't fault the QB? But as for the Chiefs its all Huard's fault. You say Denver fans should be forgiving of Cutler but you seem to want Huard mounted and stuffed on a wall to be replaced by basically a rookie and then all the sudden I guess you would be forgiving of Croyle. Did Damon Huard steal your bicycle?
No...he ****ed my Mom.

OnTheWarpath15
10-30-2007, 05:32 PM

:shake: Not this shit again.....

One, I've NEVER said that Huard deserves all of the blame for the Chiefs offensive woes. But he DOES deserve some of the blame. He's immobile, he panics easily, he doesn't progress through his reads and he lacks the confidence to throw downfield on a regular basis. The confidence issue I fully blame on Herm Edwards for not naming a starter earlier, and for admitting that he was ready to pull Damon in the Minnesota game. No wonder the guy is constantly looking over his shoulder.

Two, Huard is a 34 year old quarterback. He doesn't deserve the slack that a young QB does.

I give Shanahan credit. At least he has the balls to start a young QB and deal with the consequences. His team will be better in the future for it. Instead, we put it off like the problem will just go away.

Three, Huard is supposedly playing to "manage" the game, something the staff (or, more precisely, Carl Peterson) feels he can do better than Croyle. Yet the "game manager" averages less than 1 TD per game, while averaging just over 1 turnover per game. I don't see that as successfully "managing" the game.

Go look at Cutler's stats.

Better than Huard's in every meaningful category.

And he's still LEARNING.

kcirnamffoh
10-30-2007, 05:42 PM
As afraid as I was to count Denver out before the season started I kind of felt this might be a down year them. I mean look at all what's happened to them in the off season. Losing two players to death (one murdered). That's gotta be quite a blow to any player young or older. For any team to have to deal with that has gotta be tough. And now the Travis Henry fiasco. A team can only take so much.

Shanahan has kind of lost control of his balancing act. He has dove into the free agent market once too many times and it is now, I believe, coming around to bite him.

I think Shanahan is starting to lose his edge. It might be time for them to part ways. Shanahan's decision to put Cutler in when he did last season was very questionable. They missed the playoffs and now for all intents and purposes it looks like Denver might be falling back in the pack. If Oakland was any stronger Denver would be having a real problem. Of course I could be saying the same thing about the Chiefs. But I believe Edwards has the Chiefs moving forward whereas Shanahan is starting to wobble.

teedubya
10-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Cutler is a proven LOSER. Lost in college, and can't find the trigger to win in the NFL.

BUST.

Mile High Mania
10-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Cutler is a proven LOSER. Lost in college, and can't find the trigger to win in the NFL.

BUST.

That's funny.

Frazod
10-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Karma?
Justice?
Deal with Satan expired?

Whatever the reason, I like it. Hope it only gets worse for them. Vile cheating shitbags. 4321

Mile High Mania
10-30-2007, 06:00 PM
But I believe Edwards has the Chiefs moving forward whereas Shanahan is starting to wobble.

So, we know that Shanahan has had a SB or bust mentality and right now it's a bust, but I'm not going to fault him for trying. I haven't looked at the stats in a while, but the last time I did was fairly recently and Denver had still won the most games within the AFCW than the other teams.

No titles, but none of the other AFCW teams have one either. This is a down year for the AFCW and I'm not the only one that has said that, many of you have said the very same thing. So, what exactly does "moving forward" mean in regards to Edwards?

Anything can still happen, there's 1 game difference right now between first and 3rd in the division... there's a much greater difference than that when you compare the teams from this division to others within the AFCW.

kcirnamffoh
:shake: Not this shit again.....

One, I've NEVER said that Huard deserves all of the blame for the Chiefs offensive woes. But he DOES deserve some of the blame. He's immobile, he panics easily, he doesn't progress through his reads and he lacks the confidence to throw downfield on a regular basis. The confidence issue I fully blame on Herm Edwards for not naming a starter earlier, and for admitting that he was ready to pull Damon in the Minnesota game. No wonder the guy is constantly looking over his shoulder.

Two, Huard is a 34 year old quarterback. He doesn't deserve the slack that a young QB does.

I give Shanahan credit. At least he has the balls to start a young QB and deal with the consequences. His team will be better in the future for it. Instead, we put it off like the problem will just go away.

Three, Huard is supposedly playing to "manage" the game, something the staff (or, more precisely, Carl Peterson) feels he can do better than Croyle. Yet the "game manager" averages less than 1 TD per game, while averaging just over 1 turnover per game. I don't see that as successfully "managing" the game.

Go look at Cutler's stats.

Better than Huard's in every meaningful category.

And he's still LEARNING.

I'm not sure if it was "balls" or "reckless abandon". And, yes, now they are dealing with the consequences. They are 3-4 and the Chiefs are 4-3. And none of it is proof that they will be better for it in the future. Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

Didn't you read what Phil Simms was saying about this situation. In his opinion, if the Chiefs had a young QB playing behind this offensive line so far, they probably would have tanked by now. But the way you talk, you must know much more than Simms.

Huard's experience of being around longer has held this offense together and is giving them a shot at the playoffs. It must be a tough season for you, being a Chiefs' fan, because the way I see it the better Huard plays, the better their chance at the playoffs and the more stupid you look.

The Chiefs have plenty of time to bring in a young QB. Right now preparing a team for that youngin' to play with is a bit more important. So I think you're wrong. Playing Croyle at this junction would do more harm than good.

Mile High Mania
Karma?
Justice?
Deal with Satan expired?

Whatever the reason, I like it. Hope it only gets worse for them. Vile cheating shitbags. 4321

I think your hatred for Denver is stronger than your love for the Chiefs. Is that possible? :)

beach tribe
10-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Karma?
Justice?
Deal with Satan expired?

Itīs going to get worse.

Frazod
10-30-2007, 06:05 PM
I think your hatred for Denver is stronger than your love for the Chiefs. Is that possible? :)

Could be. :D

Bwana
10-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Because they suck? :shrug:

kcirnamffoh
10-30-2007, 06:17 PM
So, we know that Shanahan has had a SB or bust mentality and right now it's a bust, but I'm not going to fault him for trying. I haven't looked at the stats in a while, but the last time I did was fairly recently and Denver had still won the most games within the AFCW than the other teams.

No titles, but none of the other AFCW teams have one either. This is a down year for the AFCW and I'm not the only one that has said that, many of you have said the very same thing. So, what exactly does "moving forward" mean in regards to Edwards?

Anything can still happen, there's 1 game difference right now between first and 3rd in the division... there's a much greater difference than that when you compare the teams from this division to others within the AFCW.

I think Shanahan is eroding. He has allowed his team to get old in certain areas. He has allowed players to get away without being able to fill that void right away. There are parts of Denver that just isn't the same. It's no longer a cohesive unit like it used to be. This process has been happening since Elway left. Sure they have made the playoffs but never were really a contender. Now look. They don't appear to be playoff material anymore. They've come back to the pack. As long as Shanahan has been there that's not the right direction to be going.

Edwards comes into KC with new vigor and enthusiasm and in less than two years has changed this ball clubs approach. A youth movement being done very intelligently. Albeit the QB position could be behind the rest of the division but he wants to have a solid aggressive physical core ready for a youngster to move in. A team that knows how to win, is capable of it. That's a good time to bring in a young QB. I see Edwards moving in that direction.

beach tribe
10-30-2007, 06:21 PM
I think Shanahan is eroding. He has allowed his team to get old in certain areas. He has allowed players to get away without being able to fill that void right away. There are parts of Denver that just isn't the same. It's no longer a cohesive unit like it used to be. This process has been happening since Elway left. Sure they have made the playoffs but never were really a contender. Now look. They don't appear to be playoff material anymore. They've come back to the pack. As long as Shanahan has been there that's not the right direction to be going.

Edwards comes into KC with new vigor and enthusiasm and in less than two years has changed this ball clubs approach. A youth movement being done very intelligently. Albeit the QB position could be behind the rest of the division but he wants to have a solid aggressive physical core ready for a youngster to move in. A team that knows how to win, is capable of it. That's a good time to bring in a young QB. I see Edwards moving in that direction.
Good post

OnTheWarpath15
10-30-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure if it was "balls" or "reckless abandon". And, yes, now they are dealing with the consequences. They are 3-4 and the Chiefs are 4-3. And none of it is proof that they will be better for it in the future. Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

Didn't you read what Phil Simms was saying about this situation. In his opinion, if the Chiefs had a young QB playing behind this offensive line so far, they probably would have tanked by now. But the way you talk, you must know much more than Simms.

Huard's experience of being around longer has held this offense together and is giving them a shot at the playoffs. It must be a tough season for you, being a Chiefs' fan, because the way I see it the better Huard plays, the better their chance at the playoffs and the more stupid you look.

The Chiefs have plenty of time to bring in a young QB. Right now preparing a team for that youngin' to play with is a bit more important. So I think you're wrong. Playing Croyle at this junction would do more harm than good.

Does this sound familiar?

"Just because you say it doesn't make it so."

Personally, I don't give two shits what Phil Simms said about the situation. Phil Simms has no ties to this organization whatsoever.

What I do care about is not only THIS year, but the FUTURE of this franchise.

People can say Croyle would be ruined behind this OL until they are blue in the face. Fact is, we'll never know, because he'll never see the field for a significant period of time this year.

I know that neither Peyton Manning or Troy Aikman were "ruined" behind the horrible OL they played behind early in their careers. It could be argued that facing that adversity early made them better QB's later.

I've said countless times that I root for WHOEVER is taking snaps for the Chiefs. That doesn't mean I think that Huard is the answer for this franchise.

What Cutler has going for him is that he's getting something that cannot be duplicated on the practice field: live NFL game experience. At the end of this season, Denver will be a season and a half removed from the "growing pains" of playing a young QB. We MIGHT just be starting them, provided Carl doesn't go out and grab another 30+ year old retread and further stunt the growth of the franchise.

What exactly is Denver losing by doing this? Shanahan played Cutler for the last 5 games last year because he knew he didn't have a team who could legitimately compete for a Super Bowl, and got a head start on Cutler's growth as a QB.

To Denver, the goal is to win a Super Bowl as soon as possible. Getting Cutler ready is a huge part of attaining that goal.

To KC, possibly getting to the playoffs with an 8-8 or 9-7 record is the goal.

Hey, I enjoy every game, win or lose. I always have. Ask anyone on this board that knows me.

But I'm not gonna sit here and drink the kool-aid and say that this team is something they're not. At least not YET. They need to actually beat some good teams, and do it consistently.

Beating 3 teams with 2-5 records doesn't impress me.

Losing to 2 teams with 3-5 records DEFINITELY doesn't impress me.

The next 5 games will define this team, IMO. 3 tough division games, which cannot be taken for granted, a tough game this weekend and a ridiculously tough matchup on the road in Indy.

teedubya
10-30-2007, 06:26 PM
those 3-4 players that died in the offseason probably doesn't help either.

Bronko1977
10-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Sweeping the Queefs is going to be so sweet. I can't wait.

Mile High Mania
10-30-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm not going to debate which franchise is best suited for current or future greatness... if the goal is the SB, then both KC and Denver are a bit off from that goal.

Denver has holes to fix, there's no denying it. Shanahan has had a long tenure in Denver, only Jeff Fisher has been with his team longer and honestly I'm kinda surprised he has stuck around as long.

Again, I like what the near future holds in Denver... had they kept Jake in there, the screams would be when will the youth movement start and they're never going to win with Jake.

Well, like it or not for some fans - the youth movement is on and injuries are a part of the game, those 2 things haven't added up to success this season and that's ok as long as they keep their focus and I think that's happening.

beach tribe
10-30-2007, 06:31 PM
The only thing the Donx are sweeping is the cellar for prolly the next 3 or 4 yrs after this one. Raiders will surpass you about half way through next season. Thereīs really nothing for you to look forward to.

Mile High Mania
10-30-2007, 06:31 PM
those 3-4 players that died in the offseason probably doesn't help either.

There were just 2 you dumbass and that has nothing to do with the conversation other than your desire to sound funny.

Mile High Mania
10-30-2007, 06:32 PM
The only thing the Donx are sweeping is the cellar for prolly the next 3 or 4 yrs after this one. Raiders will surpass you about half way through next season. Thereīs really nothing for you to look forward to.

Right and what is so promising about the Raiders' future?

beach tribe
10-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Right and what is so promising about the Raiders' future?
Just screwing with that guy. You will both suck equally. :p

88TG88
10-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Because they suck? :shrug:
winner

beach tribe
10-30-2007, 06:40 PM
winner
Post #7

Hammock Parties
10-30-2007, 06:40 PM
It's simple logic man. Croyle isn't Vick. You're just asking for disaster if you put him behind this OL.

Mile High Mania
10-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Just screwing with that guy. You will both suck equally. :p

Ahhh, ok. :clap:

TEX
10-30-2007, 06:44 PM

See Tony Romo in Dallas. He sat for what - 3 years?

Oh - and Denver stopped being Denver when they traded Portis. Sure, they can still run the ball, but not the same way...

Frazod
10-30-2007, 06:45 PM

Oh, look. One of GoChiefs' pet trolls followed him back from the Drane.

Ain't that cute. :rolleyes:

Mile High Mania
10-30-2007, 06:46 PM
See Tony Romo in Dallas. He sat for what - 3 years?

Yeah, but that wasn't some grand design... they went through Quincy, Hutchinson, that other spare QB, Bledsoe. They finally said "Fine! We'll start Romo and see what happens."

It's worked out fine so far...

kcirnamffoh
10-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Personally, I don't give two shits what Phil Simms said about the situation. Phil Simms has no ties to this organization whatsoever.

The guy's been around for a long time. He doesn't have to have ties to any organization to understand underlying complexities within a team. He knows the game, that position. I hold his opinion in high esteem.

What I do care about is not only THIS year, but the FUTURE of this franchise.

So do I. Croyle is not ready. His performance in the preseason proved that. This team is not ready to battle through his learning curve. The timing isn't right.

What exactly is Denver losing by doing this? Shanahan played Cutler for the last 5 games last year because he knew he didn't have a team who could legitimately compete for a Super Bowl, and got a head start on Cutler's growth as a QB. To Denver, the goal is to win a Super Bowl as soon as possible. Getting Cutler ready is a huge part of attaining that goal.

I argue that move was baffoonery. Just because you don't think you can win once you're in isn't an excuse not to do everything you can to get there. Any playoff experience is better than none. Putting Cutler in at that time was a reckless move and jeopardized any momentum they could have had moving into their future. Winning is an attitude that becomes part of a culture within a team. Get the way of that, for any reason, and its hard to get it back.

The next 5 games will define this team, IMO. 3 tough division games, which cannot be taken for granted, a tough game this weekend and a ridiculously tough matchup on the road in Indy.

And the Chiefs will win or lose as a team. No ONE individual is going to make the difference. In this game, at this level, no ONE does.

TEX
10-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Yeah, but that wasn't some grand design... they went through Quincy, Hutchinson, that other spare QB, Bledsoe. They finally said "Fine! We'll start Romo and see what happens."

Henson etc...but when it was time - he was there - ready. The team was better so it was easier for him. He's legit.

patteeu
10-30-2007, 06:49 PM
at the end of the day, their right before us for first place. If you know mike than you know he won't quit, his team will come out and compete every single week. They find ways to win football games, have to credit shanahan.

WTF? He quit last year. No one needs to credit him with anything.

Mile High Mania
10-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Henson etc...but when it was time - he was there - ready. The team and the time was right because the team was improved.

Right, I'm not saying Cutler was ready last season... but, I'm not going to argue with the move. Cutler hasn't been the problem. The Oline is banged up, Henry is hurt and on the verge of a dumbass suspension, Scheffler has been hurt and Walker has missed nearly the whole season.

This doesn't help a young QB at all... now, had the line been fine and Walker not missed time, I think you see different results. But, injuries are part of the game.

Mile High Mania
10-30-2007, 06:51 PM
WTF? He quit last year. No one needs to credit him with anything.

Shanahan quit last season by starting Cutler? Interesting.

Bronko1977
10-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Oh, look. One of GoChiefs' pet trolls followed him back from the Drane.

Ain't that cute. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to go piss on your grave after you croak from lung cancer. Do the health care system a favor and just die. Fat people are a drag on hard working taxpayers.

I laugh everytime I think that you used to wear a sailor outfit. "I don't like the name Lawrence, only faggots and sailors are called Lawrence." ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
10-30-2007, 06:52 PM

Exactly.

He sat because he was undrafted out of a Division I-AA school.

They were reluctant to play him, but when finally given the chance, he proved them wrong.

Hell, the Patriots would have at LEAST one less Lombardi Trophy had Mo Lewis not rearranged some of Drew Bledsoe's internal organs.

They were perfectly content with having Brady ride the pine.

Mile High Mania
10-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Through 12 games, Cutler's stats aren't bad:

| 2006 den | 5 | 81 137 59.1 1001 7.3 9 5 | 12 18 0 |
| 2007 den | 7 | 141 215 65.6 1670 7.8 8 8 | 19 81 1 |
+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
| TOTAL | 12 | 222 352 63.1 2671 7.6 17 13 | 31 99 1 |
+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

Only 5 wins out of 12 and the home record isn't great, but it's not all on Cutler. The stats are pretty nice for guy with only 12 games.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2007, 06:55 PM
I can't wait to go piss on your grave after you croak from lung cancer. Do the health care system a favor and just die. Fat people are a drag on hard working taxpayers.

I laugh everytime I think that you used to wear a sailor outfit. "I don't like the name Lawrence, only pillowbiters and sailors are called Lawrence." ROFL

How's it going, Bronco LB 52? Can we get some more Devon?

Frazod
10-30-2007, 06:56 PM

I laugh everytime I think that you used to wear a sailor outfit. "I don't like the name Lawrence, only pillowbiters and sailors are called Lawrence." ROFL

Hey, which lowlife gutless inbred cocksucker are you - BelowAverage or LB 52? You gonna spam us with more gay porn shots of you and your brother? Or perhaps threaten to kick my ass again at the game and not show up.

And how does it feel to be such a loser that GOCHIEFS has an influence on your life?

ROFL

Hammock Parties
10-30-2007, 06:57 PM
And how does it feel to be such a loser that GOCHIEFS has an influence on your life?

Hey now...would you call Carl Peterson a loser?

Frazod
10-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey now...would you call Carl Peterson a loser?

Sorry, Clayton, but this is the price WE pay because YOU troll the Drane. You're just as big a part of the problem as all these vermin that follow you back here - a pied piper for scum. STOP IT.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2007, 07:06 PM
It's only one guy....and he was here long before I started frequenting the mane.

And the "trolling" I do is nothing even close to what LB52 carries on here.

Frazod
10-30-2007, 07:09 PM
It's only one guy....and he was here long before I started frequenting the mane.

And the "trolling" I do is nothing even close to what LB52 carries on here.

I know that. But you fan the flames. It's possible that they'd eventually stay away if you (and others) weren't over there antagonizing them.

I can't understand how any Chief fan could stand to frequent that shitpit anyway. The color scheme alone nearly makes me want to puke.

C-Mac
10-30-2007, 08:13 PM
It's simple logic man. Croyle isn't Vick. You're just asking for disaster if you put him behind this OL.

Well Huard isnt Vick either and is far less mobile than Croyle. I still think that Croyle would fair at least as good as Huard has.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Well Huard isnt Vick either and is far less mobile than Croyle.

That's not the point. Huard has already taken a beating. I don't want Croyle taking that kind of beating.

Rasputin
10-30-2007, 08:40 PM
That's not the point. Huard has already taken a beating. I don't want Croyle taking that kind of beating.

Croyle is not going to take a beating, he took a beating in preseason because of WILL SVITEK / DAMION MCINTOSH is better than WILL SVIITEC and our O line has done a good job in pass protection. IF DAMON MACINTOSH PLAYED IN PRESEASON THEN CROYLE WOULD HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO MAKE PLAYS AND SHOWCASE HIS ARM AND THE TEAM WOULD HAVE LOOKED GOOD. CROYLE WOULD HAVE WON THE STARTING JOB IF DAMION MACINTOSH PLAYED. CROYLE WOULD HAVE WON THE JOB IF HUARD PLAYED AGAINST THE SAINTS WITH SVITEK AT LT. CROYLE DID NOT HAVE A SUPORTING CAST THAT HUARD HAS AVAILABLE TO HIM NOW. GET OVER IT YOU A R E A D U M B A S S . . .

Ooops caps lock :banghead:

Hammock Parties
10-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Croyle is not going to take a beating

Why not? The OL has been crap lately in pass blocking...and Croyle doesn't get rid of the football as fast as Huard. He doesn't have that clock in his head.

Rasputin
10-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Why not? The OL has been crap lately in pass blocking...and Croyle doesn't get rid of the football as fast as Huard. He doesn't have that clock in his head.

Croyle has a quick release (definitely quicker than Huards) & he can develop that clock in his head with playing time -> NEEDS EXPERIENCE can't get game time NFL experience on the bench OH Huard did for 11 years. Huard only became a "starter" after Trent went down with injury. He did not have to "compete" in preseason, Croyle had no support from a first team unit, no LJ, no D Mcintosh, D Bowe just got to camp and had a lot to learn. Both the Bears and Jags games Croyle looked better and more poised in the pocket than Huard did. It was late in the game, but Huard sucked the life out of the offense for the first three and a half quarters. Our wins are only a testimate to the fact that JA came back two games early from his suspension.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Croyle has a quick release (definitely quicker than Huards) & he can develop that clock in his head with playing time ->

He's still gonna get thrown around like a rag doll. Quick release don't mean shit when you turn around from a play fake and there's a DT in your face.

Hootie
10-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Their play has nothing to do with Cutler. He's playing pretty damn good for a 2nd yr QB, IMO.
Because arm strength is all you look at!

Iowanian
10-30-2007, 09:21 PM
The Devil has come back to collect souls for bargains of the 90's.

The cheating, filthy suckholes are reaping their debts to Satan for the *superbowl years

**Violated the salary cap

Rasputin
10-30-2007, 09:24 PM
He's still gonna get thrown around like a rag doll. Quick release don't mean shit when you turn around from a play fake and there's a DT in your face.

:shake:

Croyle can handle himself just fine, you are just blind with Huard :homer: glasses.

IMO all you want to do is argue. I get that, you don't care as long as you stand out and get a response. Your oppinion is moot.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2007, 09:26 PM
No, man. This is my legit opinion. I like Croyle and want to see him succeed. Best way to do that is to keep him away from the bear trap we call our O-line.

OnTheWarpath15
10-30-2007, 09:38 PM

I'm not buying this excuse. Never have, and never will.

Since we've talked about Cutler in this thread, let's use him for comparison's sake.

Denver's OL is WAY worse than ours. They have absolutely NOTHING after Lepsis. Yet Cutler has been sacked 8 fewer times than Damon Huard.

You know why? Cutler can AVOID the rush. He's mobile enough to evade defenders and buy himself some time. Huard can't. Plain and simple. Other than the play in the Raiders game to Bowe, he's been a sitting duck back there. Our pass blocking gets a bad rap because of it. It's like having Drew Bledsoe back there.

I'm not saying that Croyle is the second coming of Vince Young scrambling wise, because he's not. But he's 100x more mobile than Huard, and to automatically assume he'll be hit anywhere near as much as Huard is just that - an assumption - until he's actually given a chance to prove one way or the other.

C-Mac
10-30-2007, 09:40 PM
No, man. This is my legit opinion. I like Croyle and want to see him succeed. Best way to do that is to keep him away from the bear trap we call our O-line.

.....and on the bench. :shake:

Hammock Parties
10-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Denver's OL is WAY worse than ours.

Nope. They pass block much, much better. Especially on the interior line. It's not even close.

And of course, they run the ball quite well.

OnTheWarpath15
10-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Nope. They pass block much, much better. Especially on the interior line. It's not even close.

And of course, they run the ball quite well.

Boy, they pass blocked great last night. Cutler was running for his life.

Sacked 3 times. Would have been at least double that if Cutler wasn't mobile.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2007, 09:53 PM

Sacked 3 times. Would have been at least double that if Cutler wasn't mobile.

One OT gave up all three of those sacks against a Pro Bowl DE...

Seriously, it's not close. Welbourn and Wiegmann are crap...RT situation is barely better.

Denver's O-line isn't great but they open holes and give Cutler enough time.

Pablo
10-30-2007, 09:56 PM

Sacked 3 times. Would have been at least double that if Cutler wasn't mobile.DVOA has our O-Line ranked at 32nd and the Donkey's at 9th. Cutler wouldn't be averaging 239 yards a game and their total offense wouldn't be at 355 yards a game without a decent O-Line. Not to say their line is great, but they are leaps and bounds ahead of ours.

10-30-2007, 09:58 PM

Who cares? Relish it!!!!

Rasputin
10-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Who cares? Relish it!!!!

:)

MadMax
10-30-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm not buying this excuse. Never have, and never will.

Since we've talked about Cutler in this thread, let's use him for comparison's sake.

Denver's OL is WAY worse than ours. They have absolutely NOTHING after Lepsis. Yet Cutler has been sacked 8 fewer times than Damon Huard.

You know why? Cutler can AVOID the rush. He's mobile enough to evade defenders and buy himself some time. Huard can't. Plain and simple. Other than the play in the Raiders game to Bowe, he's been a sitting duck back there. Our pass blocking gets a bad rap because of it. It's like having Drew Bledsoe back there.

I'm not saying that Croyle is the second coming of Vince Young scrambling wise, because he's not. But he's 100x more mobile than Huard, and to automatically assume he'll be hit anywhere near as much as Huard is just that - an assumption - until he's actually given a chance to prove one way or the other.

:clap: :clap: Damn straight!

SBK
10-30-2007, 10:20 PM
I think Denver sucks because Barrel Man pissed himself and Bowlen can't suck off the commish anymore.