PDA

View Full Version : Wichita State b-ball - Gregg Marshall Interviewed at Valley Media Day in St. Louis

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2007, 10:20 PM
http://podcast.bigsports590.com/Portals/55/Big%20Show%20Matt/10.31.07%20Hr%202%20Seg%204%20(Gregg%20Marshall).mp3

I can't wait for college basketball.

PS - Eat balls Skip.

HemiEd
10-31-2007, 10:29 PM
I am pretty excited to see what a coach that can actually recruit, will do for the program.

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2007, 10:31 PM
I am pretty excited to see what a coach that can actually recruit, will do for the program.

Me to. He did a great job salvaging this year after Turg. left and it appears he's a very good recruiter. I met the guy and he is very fun to talk to. No coach speak. You ask him a direct question and get a direct answer. First exhibition game is this Sat. I've got my new Shocker gear and am looking forward to going.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-31-2007, 10:33 PM
Go shocks, i will have the student section rocking like usual at the Chuck

Ceej
10-31-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm more excited for next year regarding WSU basketball.

However, it will suck not having PJ.

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Go shocks, i will have the student section rocking like usual at the Chuck

Whoo haaaa!!

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm more excited for next year regarding WSU basketball.

However, it will suck not having PJ.

PJ has been a great kid and helluva competitor.

Ceej
10-31-2007, 10:36 PM
Agreed. However, I hate hearing him talk.

I remember hearing him speak at the Convocation. Sick.

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Agreed. However, I hate hearing him talk.

I remember hearing him speak at the Convocation. Sick.

LMAO. At least he never said "I can use either hand, I guess I'm amphibious"

Ceej
10-31-2007, 10:40 PM
I've got Durley/Butler in one of my classes.

Matt B was in one, but I think he dropped it.

Skip Towne
10-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Me to. He did a great job salvaging this year after Turg. left and it appears he's a very good recruiter. I met the guy and he is very fun to talk to. No coach speak. You ask him a direct question and get a direct answer. First exhibition game is this Sat. I've got my new Shocker gear and am looking forward to going.
But.....but...,you told me Turg would never leave with how much he loved WSU. You argued he didn't go to Norman trying to get the OU job when TV cameras said otherwise. You are a joke and your new coach probably is too. Yuk, yuk, yuk.

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2007, 10:43 PM
I've got Durley/Butler in one of my classes.

Matt B was in one, but I think he dropped it.

Tell Durley I told him to move his lazy ass and get some rebounds.

Ceej
10-31-2007, 10:45 PM
I'll get right on top of that.

ChiefsCountry
10-31-2007, 10:45 PM
and your new coach probably is too. .

Well Wichita State is a joke normally but they got a really good coach.

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2007, 10:46 PM
But.....butHello - commatard on the loose.Hello - commatard on the loose.,you told me Turg would never leave with how much he loved WSU. You argued he didn't go to Norman trying to get the OU job when TV cameras said otherwise. You are a joke and your new coach probably is too. Yuk, yuk, yuk.

Turg talked to Larry "the anti-christ" Brown about the A&M offer before he took it. Turg said, "I'm comfortable at Wichita State". Brown said "You don't coach college B-ball to be comfortable" Turg, pulled a Larry Brown move and bailed just like Brown has done to a million teams starting with KU. Turg. got bad advice.

ChiefsCountry
10-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Did you guys hear Bozo Hinson's interview? Said Springfield expects too much about of him.

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2007, 10:48 PM
Well Wichita State is a joke normally but they got a really good coach.

The Joke is we pulled Paul Miller out of Springpatch and proceeded to drill you guys repeatedly for four years. Enjoy the down time now because once Marshall gets them organized it's going to get ugly for your team and your little coach.

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2007, 10:48 PM
Did you guys hear Bozo Hinson's interview? Said Springfield expects too much about of him.

LMAO

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2007, 10:49 PM
But.....but...,you told me Turg would never leave with how much he loved WSU. You argued he didn't go to Norman trying to get the OU job when TV cameras said otherwise. You are a joke and your new coach probably is too. Yuk, yuk, yuk.

A&M is a better job than OU anyways Skip. They don't play basketball in Okiehoma.

DFB
10-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Wichita State! :doh!: I still hold a grudge from the tournament two years ago. :mad:

Marshall's a hell of a coach though, you'll be fine. I still can't believe he finally left Winthrop. I thought for sure he'd die there.

ChiefsCountry
10-31-2007, 10:56 PM
The Joke is we pulled Paul Miller out of Springpatch and proceeded to drill you guys repeatedly for four years. Enjoy the down time now because once Marshall gets them organized it's going to get ugly for your team and your little coach.

Miller was from Jeff City and come on outcoaching Hinson isnt that hard.

ChiefsCountry
10-31-2007, 10:58 PM
Hinson quote:
"Our community is just a tough place to coach. Everywhere is tough, but I would beg the differ that we are probably one of the tougher places. I know that Springfield thinks we need to be playing for a National Championship"

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2007, 10:59 PM
Wichita State! :doh!: I still hold a grudge from the tournament two years ago. :mad:

Marshall's a hell of a coach though, you'll be fine. I still can't believe he finally left Winthrop. I thought for sure he'd die there.
Here ya' go.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-vMqt6ykpRU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-vMqt6ykpRU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ChiefsCountry
10-31-2007, 10:59 PM

Marshall about knocked the Vols out before Stinky Pinky U did it.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-31-2007, 11:00 PM
and now we are about to get another tall kid from missouri i think Garrett Stutz . I am just looking at all these guys marshall is getting for us and all i can think is wow. As good of coach turgeon was, his recruiting skills were pretty average.

ChiefsCountry
10-31-2007, 11:01 PM
Stuz is going to Wichita? we offered but I thought he was going to a BCS school.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-31-2007, 11:02 PM
PJ is gonna be a beast this year? and another thing sixth my ass!

DFB
10-31-2007, 11:03 PM
Marshall about knocked the Vols out before Stinky Pinky U did it.

I had a friend that played there and was a grad assistant. Plus, I used to keep an eye on the Big South when Buzz Peterson was at Coastal Carolina. Marshall's top notch.

But back to your point, yep they almost did....then this happened:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6LRyKr-fV7s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6LRyKr-fV7s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Whew. :)

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2007, 11:03 PM
and now we are about to get another tall kid from missouri i think Garrett Stutz . I am just looking at all these guys marshall is getting for us and all i can think is wow. As good of coach turgeon was, his recruiting skills were pretty average.

Did Stutz commit? I had only heard that Kentucky decided not to offer him.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Stuz is going to Wichita? we offered but I thought he was going to a BCS school.
well not for sure now, i know we are in his top 3 between us, SMU, and kentucky, which kentucky hasnt offered yet, which i think he is back up plan, since they will get some 5 star stud instead. But stutz has said he will make up his mind by next week

DFB
10-31-2007, 11:05 PM
Here ya' go.

Why must you torment me? Notice I didn't quote that garbage. Thanks to that, I had to wait til this year for only the 4th Sweet Sixteen in school history...of course, only to blow the biggest lead in tournament history. :banghead:

The stars will align and all will be alright when we're in San Antonio in April for the Final Four....

:)

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2007, 11:08 PM
Why must you torment me? Notice I didn't quote that garbage. Thanks to that, I had to wait til this year for only the 4th Sweet Sixteen in school history...of course, only to blow the biggest lead in tournament history. :banghead:

The stars will align and all will be alright when we're in San Antonio in April for the Final Four....

Torment? We're all Chiefs fans. We love torment.

DFB
10-31-2007, 11:24 PM
Torment? We're all Chiefs fans. We love torment.

And 5-star prospect Elliot Williams has just chosen Duke over Tennessee. The hits just keep on comin'. :banghead:

ChiefsCountry
10-31-2007, 11:30 PM

I could see the team in your city making it there.

DFB
11-01-2007, 12:00 AM
I could see the team in your city making it there.

Memphis? They'll be good, make their usual overhyped run. But Tennessee is the far better team. They have the greatest collection of talent this year in school history. They could handle anybody in the country....starting with next week.

This is the season I've been waiting all my life for. I'm a little excited. Can you tell? Of course, naturally, there's a chance I'll end up like this again: :crybaby:

StcChief
11-01-2007, 08:00 AM
http://podcast.bigsports590.com/Portals/55/Big%20Show%20Matt/10.31.07%20Hr%202%20Seg%204%20(Gregg%20Marshall).mp3

I can't wait for college basketball.

PS - Eat balls Skip. I'm ready for my DAWGS to dominate Valley again.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-01-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm ready for my DAWGS to dominate Valley again.
and they prolly will. You are the team i dont look foward to playing. Yuck ugly basketball, but i cant hate, it has produced alot of W's for ya

StcChief
11-01-2007, 12:08 PM
and they prolly will. You are the team i dont look foward to playing. Yuck ugly basketball, but i cant hate, it has produced alot of W's for ya
With power "NBA" style BB the vogue and NCAA as NBA training ground...
that's what you get.

I would prefer the days of Mike Glenn , Walt Frasier as teams that best represent SIU.

journeyscarab
11-01-2007, 12:11 PM
GO SHOX! I am ready for the season to start. Anyone here planning to go to the UMKC game on Dec 15th? I know its not a primo game but its an opportunity to see the Shox here in KC.

journeyscarab
11-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Hinson quote:
"Our community is just a tough place to coach. Everywhere is tough, but I would beg the differ that we are probably one of the tougher places. I know that Springfield thinks we need to be playing for a National Championship"

Hinson's a midget. We call him "Ralphie" here at home. Hey its the "Little genius"!

ChiefsCountry
11-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Hinson's a midget. We call him "Ralphie" here at home. Hey its the "Little genius"!

I prefer the term Bozo Hinson. :)

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm ready for my DAWGS to dominate Valley again.

Linebacker ball just about made KU poop down their collective leg last year. SIU is tough and a lot of the top teams from the past few years in the Valley are in transition so they have to be pre-season fav. That being said Tatum and Young are going to be huge losses. Mullins is just another grab and hold kid who will never have great outside shots. I think a lot more teams are going to collapse the post against SIU this year.