PDA

View Full Version : Kitna creates stir with Halloween costume

tk13
10-31-2007, 11:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-lions-kitnascostume&prov=ap&type=lgns

Lions quarterback Jon Kitna regrets scrutiny created by "naked" coach costume

By LARRY LAGE, AP Sports Writer
October 31, 2007

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) -- Detroit Lions quarterback Jon Kitna and his wife dressed up as a naked man and a fast-food drive-through attendant at a teammate's Halloween party, depicting an embarrassing moment for one of the team's assistant coaches.

Now Kitna is getting some flak on local TV and in a newspaper column. Kitna said he was just trying to have fun, but regrets the scrutiny the costumes created.

"If I would've known this, I wouldn't have done it because I didn't want to try to bring attention to it," Kitna said Wednesday while surrounded by reporters and television cameras.

Defensive line coach Joe Cullen pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct and guilty to impaired driving after he was arrested twice last year, once in August 2006 after police said he was driving nude through a Wendy's drive-through lane, and a week later when they said he was driving under the influence of alcohol.

Cullen later was sentenced to two years of probation and ordered to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings twice a week.

"He's done everything they've asked of him," Lions coach Rod Marinelli said before this season started. "And, there's a lot more that he's had to do."

Marinelli said Kitna's costume was a non-issue with the team.

"It's Halloween," Marinelli said. "I'll leave it at that."

Cullen said "no comment" as he walked off the practice field Wednesday, but the team said it asked him if the costume bothered him.

"No, not at all," Cullen said in a statement released by the team. "It's in the past.

Kitna and his wife wore the costumes to a teammate's charity party Monday in suburban Detroit, where the prize for the best outfit was a car.

"All I was trying to do was wear a costume that people would have fun with," Kitna said. "I wasn't trying to demean Joe. If he hadn't come so far, I would not ever have done it. He's very confident of who he is and is very peaceful about what's happened in the past.

"When we talked yesterday, the first question out of his mouth was, `Did you win?' He seemed to not have a problem with it."

Defensive tackle Cory Redding backed that notion.

"He was still red this morning because Kitna didn't win," Redding said. "It was all fun and games."

Kitna, a born-again Christian who invites teammates to his house to explore their faith, also laughed at the costumes that poked fun at him and his wife.

"Somebody dressed up as me and my wife and came in Bible-thumping," Kitna said with a grin.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071031/capt.5562df9d7b95435f95ad46f38fd70d94.lions_kitnas_costume_football_dt101.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
11-01-2007, 12:00 AM
LMAO Kitna is gold to me. He's a local boy that was discovered by Dennis Erickson (A local coach) if my memory serves me correct. Sounds like he's got a helluva sense of humor.

MadMax
11-01-2007, 12:37 AM
LMAO Kitna is gold to me. He's a local boy that was discovered by Dennis Erickson (A local coach) if my memory serves me correct. Sounds like he's got a helluva sense of humor.

Sense of humor is awesome! :)

DaneMcCloud
11-01-2007, 12:44 AM

Kitna is married to Erickson's niece. He played football with Erickson's nephew.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-01-2007, 12:59 AM
Kitna is married to Erickson's niece. He played football with Erickson's nephew.

I didn't know the relationship was that close. I knew he played college ball at Evergreen College if memory serves me correctly, but that's all I knew about it. Talk about a lucky break. He's made the most of it though, no?

Mr. Flopnuts
11-01-2007, 01:01 AM
Sense of humor is awesome! :)

Rep to the only guy I know on Chiefsplanet IRL.

blueballs
11-01-2007, 01:17 AM
I bet if you squeezed to cupcakes together
Kinta would **** them
kinda like a titty**** with icing

Simplex3
11-01-2007, 06:33 AM
So who the hell is the candy-ass that's making a flap about this? If the guy he's portraying doesn't have a problem with it then everyone else needs to s**t the f**k up.

Also, even if the guy he portrayed *did* have a problem with it everyone else needs to s**t the f**k up. At what point did we become so disinterested in our own lives?

Frosty
11-01-2007, 06:39 AM
I didn't know the relationship was that close. I knew he played college ball at Evergreen College if memory serves me correctly, but that's all I knew about it. Talk about a lucky break. He's made the most of it though, no?

Central Washington, in Ellensburg. I believed he played on the same team as DE's nephew.

chief52
11-01-2007, 06:41 AM
Now that is funny... ROFL

Archie F. Swin
11-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Is Kitna married to a man?

chief52
11-01-2007, 07:07 AM
It infuriates me when "do gooders" think they can force their idea of "politically correct" on to others. I work for a large company. Some guy is talking to a woman employee and says something that another woman, listening in from afar, interprets as out of line. The woman who over hears turns the guy in and he gets disciplined. The woman who he was talking to said she in no way felt his comments were out of line or meant to be. The b@tch who turned him in said she " Had a duty to act. It is your duty to turn that in". What a crock.

Simplex3
11-01-2007, 07:36 AM
It infuriates me when "do gooders" think they can force their idea of "politically correct" on to others. I work for a large company. Some guy is talking to a woman employee and says something that another woman, listening in from afar, interprets as out of line. The woman who over hears turns the guy in and he gets disciplined. The woman who he was talking to said she in no way felt his comments were out of line or meant to be. The b@tch who turned him in said she " Had a duty to act. It is your duty to turn that in". What a crock.
Someone should get that bitch a giant dildo. She needs the work.

the Talking Can
11-01-2007, 07:42 AM
funny

crazycoffey
11-01-2007, 07:48 AM
At what point did we become so disinterested in our own lives?

The day we signed up for Chiefs Planet...... :harumph:

This was a funny story, very creative and great way to have some team moral building. I can't believe this became a story either.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-01-2007, 08:07 AM
If you get so hammered that you go through a drive-thru naked, you deserve to be made fun of by anyone and everyone who chooses to do so.

Fish
11-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Dear Mrs. Kitna,

Please leave the red pig tails on tonight.

signed,

My penis

Tribal Warfare
11-01-2007, 08:22 AM
I don't see the connection between Kitna's costume, and their D-Line coach. F*CKIN pussy-ass media