PDA

View Full Version : I got robbed

Dunit35
11-01-2007, 04:55 PM
at work. Stole my cd player, amp, bookbag, subs, and box. The doors were locked and they still got in. I got a video of them stealing my stuff, close up of them walking into the store, video of their car (just couldn't get a tag #) and another shot of them trying to break into another car. Estimated value of $900....what a ripoff. Fantastic start to November. I'd put the video up on here but I have no clue how.

Scorp
11-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Upload it to youtube and then post the link here.

KCChiefsMan
11-01-2007, 05:09 PM
at work. Stole my cd player, amp, bookbag, subs, and box. The doors were locked and they still got in. I got a video of them stealing my stuff, close up of them walking into the store, video of their car (just couldn't get a tag #) and another shot of them trying to break into another car. Estimated value of $900....what a ripoff. Fantastic start to November. I'd put the video up on here but I have no clue how.

damn that sucks, where was this at?

Rain Man
11-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Let's all hope that they die in a grease fire.

I hate criminals.

Dunit35
11-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Upload it to youtube and then post the link here.

Wish I knew how. They made a copy of it from their security cameras at work. When I put the cd in it made me install intellex player.

Dunit35
11-01-2007, 05:24 PM
damn that sucks, where was this at?

Academy sports, OKC.

This is the 5th time it has happened to an employee in 3 months. But, our stupid store director says we can't park anywhere but in that location. I'm not parking there again and if he bitches about it I'm quitting.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Academy sports, OKC.

This is the 5th time it has happened to an employee in 3 months. But, our stupid store director says we can't park anywhere but in that location. I'm not parking there again and if he bitches about it I'm quitting.

If it's happening over and over, store management knows about it, refuses to do anything, and won't let you park somewhere else, you should explore legal options to see if they're liable due to their negligence.

Dunit35
11-01-2007, 05:34 PM
If it's happening over and over, store management knows about it, refuses to do anything, and won't let you park somewhere else, you should explore legal options to see if they're liable due to their negligence.

I'm talking to the director next time his lazy ass is in. I'm parking where ever I want and kinda want him to say something about it.

Halfcan
11-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Hootie did it.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-01-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm talking to the director next time his lazy ass is in. I'm parking where ever I want and kinda want him to say something about it.

Let me know if he gives a shit that you go to work to make money and lost a lot more than you made due to their negligence.

Rain Man
11-01-2007, 05:56 PM

A motivated employee will just solve the problem. You work at a sporting goods store. It's not a coincidence that they sell baseball bats. Get a group of people, borrow some bats, and be sure to wear your work uniforms when you surround the guys.

When it's over, walk into the store, go to the manager, and say, "Wet cleanup in the employee parking lot."

Dunit35
11-01-2007, 06:00 PM
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v136/139/112/77201046/n77201046_30975738_5905.jpg

Iowanian
11-01-2007, 06:05 PM
What are you wining about...they left the spark plug and the exhaust gasket.

Valiant
11-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Academy sports, OKC.

He is wrong there, if they are making you park in a un-secure area where rampant thefts keep happening and doing nothing about it they are going to make themselves held liable(just wait till a women coworker gets mugged/raped)..

When I worked at Circuit City we had like seven thefts in four months of our vehicles.. The store manager made us park about 100 yards out, I said **** it after my truck got broken into and parked as close to building as possible.. He tried writing me up numerous times, I would never sign the form and told him to get a corporate person and HR down here for a meeting if he wanted me to sign a form that I did not agree with..

My reasoning is, if you are going to force us to park out in BFE with no security then you will either be held liable for the stolen items or get us security.. The manager said the store had no control on being liable for stolen items on thefts.. My response was then how is the store able to make me park somewhere I did not think was safe.. He said it 'just was'..

Well I that really pissed me off so I informed him I am calling corporate to fill a insurance claim for the stolen items and I need the number.. Cocksucker would not give it too me so I got it from another store.. Well it turned out that they are not responsible for security of their employees on leased properties(IE strip malls, buildings/parking lots they do not own).. So I talked to the lady and I asked her 'so you guys have no say whatsoever on parking lots" she was like no you can park where ever you want..

I got her to fax me that statement that the store had no control of the parking lot.. That was one pissed off management staff after I gave that around to all of the hourly employees.. I never got reimbursed either..