PDA

View Full Version : It is Thursday before a Chiefs Game - Let's post about it...

Logical
11-01-2007, 05:09 PM
I think we might really find out about the strengths and weakness of the Chiefs this weekend.

If our defense is really not as strong as we hope Favre is killer, let's hope we can contain his passing game.

I don't see Green Bay's defense as being all that strong so if we cannot move the ball against them we are in for a long second half of the season.

I see this game as close, how about you, what is your opinion on the game.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Cover 2 is the Favre-killer. The Packers passing game is all dink and dunk (ignore those two bombs you saw), and they can't run the ball worth a shit.

Their defense scares me quite a bit, though. Kampman is going to rape our RT.

Halfcan
11-01-2007, 05:32 PM
GB 35 KC 6

Hammock Parties
11-01-2007, 05:34 PM
BTW, Green Bay's red-zone offense is abysmal. Our red-zone defense is the league's best, so that bodes well.

Deberg_1990
11-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Green Bay - 19

Kansas City - 10

WhitiE
BTW, Green Bay's red-zone offense is abysmal. Our red-zone defense is the league's best, so that bodes well.
i wounder if their even going to need the red zone, they might just skip that part.

beach tribe
I think we bitch slap them. More confident about this game than any thus far this season. GB just seems to be getting the breaks. It won't last.

Halfcan
11-01-2007, 05:43 PM
I think we bitch slap them. More confident about this game than any thus far this season. GB just seems to be getting the breaks. It won't last.

ROFL Okay what ever. They have HOF Brett and we have Dipshit Noodle arm Damon. That is the only break they will need.

beach tribe
11-01-2007, 05:48 PM
ROFL Okay what ever. They have HOF Brett and we have Dipshit Noodle arm Damon. That is the only break they will need.
Think what you want. Farve is gonna throw a couple picks in this game to put us in good field position. You're prediction of 35-6 tells me you are bitter, and you're judgement is clouded. They barely beat the Donx, and all of the sudden they are the Colts? Get Real Mecca.

Rasputin
11-01-2007, 05:48 PM

QFT

But...

We have Jared Allen!!!

Rasputin
11-01-2007, 06:33 PM
No excuse to lose this game imo. All our (11 year career back up turned starter because of injury) QB has to do is throw the ball to D Bowe, throw the ball to Tony G. and hand off to LJ. What's the problem with that? & our D is going to defend the 13 points (one td & two field goals).

MichaelH
11-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Farve is 0-3 at against the Chiefs and all NFC bite ass at Arrowhead.

My feeling is :

1. The Chiefs are well rested
2. The Packers aren't
3. the career day defense doesn't come back from the dead
4. Johnson and Holmes pound the ball
5. Hali and Allen pressure Farve
6. Noodle arm and the OC actually earn their pay

the Chiefs win. 24-17

L.A. Chieffan
11-01-2007, 07:19 PM
IF WE WIN HUARD IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!

IF WE LOSE ITS DOOOOOOM!!!!

Pablo
11-01-2007, 07:52 PM
JA gets to Favre at least once early in the game...and it's over from then. GB can't hold back our pass-rush and Favre is gonna throw a pick or two. If our D comes out flat and doesn't pick it up..we lose. Packers D doesn't scare me..all those arm-tackles against Denver's rookie RB were pathetic, LJ should toast them if they tackle that bad. It's probably gonna be close and relatively low scoring.

Chiefs-17
Packers-13

BigChiefFan
11-01-2007, 08:28 PM
This game could go either way, but i'm leary because of the Jacksonville game earlier this year. Garrad isn't as good as Favre, so color me concerned. That Jags have a better running game, but Favre is a playing lights out this year. I see this one going down to the wire, which doesn't bode well for us. Huard isn't exactly cap'n comeback.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Huard isn't exactly cap'n comeback.

San Diego
Seattle
Arizona

Minnesota
San Diego
Oakland

Would you care to try again?

BigChiefFan
11-01-2007, 08:40 PM

San Diego
Seattle
Arizona

Minnesota
San Diego
Oakland

Would you care to try again? SIX games and you want to annoit him cap'n comeback? LMAO. GTFOH(sarcasm). I know you like Huard and he has done some good things, but he's stop-gap, at best. Another in a long line of Carl's patch work theory. Carl can't see past Tuesday,l et alone long-term. Huard fits the bill for today. Huard is NOT a long-term solution, nor is he cap'n ****ing comeback.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2007, 08:42 PM
SIX games and you want to annoit him cap'n comeback?

Why not? Huard has started 15 games for the Chiefs. In SIX of those, he's led us to a win when we trailed in the fourth quarter. That's pretty impressive. He's definitely a clutch player, no question about it.

BigChiefFan
11-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Why not? Huard has started 15 games for the Chiefs. In SIX of those, he's led us to a win when we trailed in the fourth quarter. That's pretty impressive. He's definitely a clutch player, no question about it. Clutch? Six games in ELEVEN years in the league doesn't equal clutch. Your bias is showing.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Clutch? Six games in ELEVEN years in the league doesn't equal clutch. Your bias is showing.

Six games in the last two years is all that matters. Huard has been a clutch player for the Chiefs. No two ways about it.

Pablo
11-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Wow..let's turn this into another Huard sucks/rocks thread. Just like 95% of all the other threads. Might as well throw some fuel on the fire.
Brodie has the stronger arm, Huard is a turd. We will win this weekend only if we start Croyle. :rolleyes:

beach tribe
11-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Wow..let's turn this into another Huard sucks/rocks thread. Just like 95% of all the other threads. Might as well throw some fuel on the fire.
Brodie has the stronger arm, Huard is a turd. We will win this weekend only if we start Croyle. :rolleyes:
YaY!! aanother QB debate! CROYLE!!! no no HUARD!!!

BigChiefFan
11-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Six games in the last two years is all that matters. Huard has been a clutch player for the Chiefs. No two ways about it.
I'll play along, even though you should know my point is very valid.

What's his OVERALL RECORD as a Chief? That's what really MATTERS.

Also, oming from behind in a game doesn't sound like your really lighting it up in the first 3 quarters of the game, now does it? Sounds like your deflecting for cap'n throw short.

Our offense sucks and Huard is the leader of it. Hmmm.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2007, 09:03 PM
I'll play along, even though you should know my point is very valid.

What's his OVERALL RECORD as a Chief? That's what really MATTERS.

We were talking about his status as "captain comeback." If someone is going to come along and say "he's not exactly cap'n comeback HURR HURR," I will respond to that baseless accusation with stone cold fact.

His overall record was not part of the debate. I do not know why you brought it up. OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT YOU HATE DAMON HUARD WITH A MINDLESS ****ING PASSION YOU ASSHOLE. THE MAN HAS TAKEN A BEATING FOR YOU ****ING DOUBTERS AND HAS YOUR ****ING TEAM IN FIRST ****ING PLACE SO JUST LAY OFF FOR A WEEK.

BigChiefFan
11-01-2007, 09:06 PM
We were talking about his status as "captain comeback." If someone is going to come along and say "he's not exactly cap'n comeback HURR HURR," I will respond to that baseless accusation with stone cold fact.

His overall record was not part of the debate. I do not know why you brought it up. OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT YOU HATE DAMON HUARD WITH A MINDLESS ****ING PASSION YOU ASSHOLE. THE MAN HAS TAKEN A BEATING FOR YOU ****ING DOUBTERS AND HAS YOUR ****ING TEAM IN FIRST ****ING PLACE SO JUST LAY OFF FOR A WEEK.
Dude, I tried to be respectful of you and your capn' throw short, mancrush, but **** you, too. Our offense sucks. Huard is the leader of that suckage. Deal with it, prick.

beach tribe
11-01-2007, 09:15 PM
UGH

Pablo
11-01-2007, 09:17 PM
So..let's change direction.

Does everyone else think LJ stands to have a very good day? I'm talking 150+ yards..and Priest can get in the action with some nice screen plays.

RustShack
11-01-2007, 09:26 PM
The offense is going to have their best game of the year in Arrowhead coming out of the bye!

beach tribe
11-01-2007, 09:31 PM
The offense is going to have their best game of the year in Arrowhead coming out of the bye!
Damn, I hope so.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Does everyone else think LJ stands to have a very good day?

No. I'll honestly be shocked if our line opens holes. Green Bay has tons of beef up front.

cdcox
11-01-2007, 10:44 PM
So if we are up by 1 with 2:00 left in the game and the Pack has the ball on their own 20, who wins?

Hammock Parties
11-01-2007, 10:48 PM
So if we are up by 1 with 2:00 left in the game and the Pack has the ball on their own 20, who wins?

We will. Cover 2 is Favre's Kryptonite.

RJ
11-01-2007, 11:13 PM
16-13, we win.

Chiefs=Champions
11-02-2007, 01:28 AM
We will. Cover 2 is Favre's Kryptonite.

Just wondering, but how is cover 2 good against an offense that loves to throw short slants and dink and dunk, when isnt it made to protect against down field passes?
:hmmm:

tk13
11-02-2007, 01:43 AM
Just wondering, but how is cover 2 good against an offense that loves to throw short slants and dink and dunk, when isnt it made to protect against down field passes?
:hmmm:
Offensively, yes... but Farve is not a patient person, he likes to take risks down the field. Favre's been around long enough I don't think any one defense can stop him, but we definitely need to copy the Bears.

Since Lovie Smith installed the Cover 2 in Chicago... Farve has something like 5 TD, 13 INT, and a 2-5 record against the Bears. And both of those wins came during week 17. Whatever they're doing, we need to follow it.

Demonpenz
11-02-2007, 02:04 AM
farve is not going to love taking what is given to him. His liver can only surive so many pain killers. Look for him to throw into triple coverage because he knows he is living and his liver is living on borrowed time

CoMoChief
11-02-2007, 02:18 AM

San Diego
Seattle
Arizona

Minnesota
San Diego
Oakland

Would you care to try again?
IIRC in 2006 we were never behind in the games we won against SD and SEA.

Chiefs=Champions
11-02-2007, 02:23 AM
Offensively, yes... but Farve is not a patient person, he likes to take risks down the field. Favre's been around long enough I don't think any one defense can stop him, but we definitely need to copy the Bears.

Since Lovie Smith installed the Cover 2 in Chicago... Farve has something like 5 TD, 13 INT, and a 2-5 record against the Bears. And both of those wins came during week 17. Whatever they're doing, we need to follow it.

good point. but it also seems like we are vunerable to the big pass plays every now and then. i think will simply come down to pressure. if we can get to Farve then we should be able to win this game.

ChiefJustice
11-02-2007, 02:39 AM
Gunther will blitz Favre all day long.He won't respect
the Pack's running game.

Why should he?Grant had a good 1 game showing against the hapless Denver run defense.

If Allen gets to Brett early,the crowd and Favre's gunslinger mentality will be Green Bay's downfall.

Chiefs 27
Pack 17

CupidStunt
11-02-2007, 04:36 AM
I agree in theory, although Favre's stat-line will not be very indicative, imo. I'm fine with him completing 65%+ for 300 yards but what we can't do is allow big plays, many touchdowns and completions in the redzone.

He can dink and dunk his way to a great line for all I care, as long as we win.

Palmer racked up the yards but we made the key plays at the key times. Do that again and we win.

dannybcaitlyn
11-02-2007, 05:22 AM
My biggest fear on this game will be how bad Kampman rapes terry or whomever will be playing right tackle.

MahiMike
11-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Chiefs O gets off the schneid. Larry and Priest each score and Huard runs another one in. Favre attempts a comeback to keep it close but throws 2 picks to seal the deal.

Chiefs 24 Packers 17

Warrior5
11-02-2007, 08:10 AM

Now THAT is some good intel...rep to you, Sir. Hopefully, Gun picked up on this at least two weeks ago.

However, I still have no optimism about this game.

In our favor:
- KC at a surprising 4-3.
- KC defense doing great
- @ Arrowhead
- KC should be healthy after the bye
- Packers on a short week

NOT in our favor:
- KC O-line sucks
- GB has a great passing game
- KC O-line sucks
- Our CBs ain’t very fast
- KC O-line sucks
- GB defense is pretty good, and they are 6-1 for a reason
And finally,
- KC O-line sucks

Yeah, I know…Favre has never won in Arrowhead, Arrowhead is the NFC Giant-Killer, the 12th man will get inside the Packers’ heads, Jared Allen is going to tear Favre a new one, etc., etc., ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

Favre is going to get his yards and some points. But have Herm / Solari put together an offensive game plan over the bye week that offsets our anemic O-line so that Chiefs put up at least one point more than GB?

I

Don’t

Know

Rausch
11-02-2007, 08:33 AM
SIX games and you want to annoit him cap'n comeback? LMAO. GTFOH(sarcasm). I know you like Huard and he has done some good things, but he's stop-gap, at best. Another in a long line of Carl's patch work theory. Carl can't see past Tuesday,l et alone long-term. Huard fits the bill for today. Huard is NOT a long-term solution, nor is he cap'n ****ing comeback.

Six games he came back. How many has he started in KC again?

Oh yeah, 14. So he's had to come back to win 6 out of 14 times. He's had to come back to win in MOST of wins he's started.

That's not to ****ing bad...

Rausch
11-02-2007, 08:38 AM
I agree in theory, although Favre's stat-line will not be very indicative, imo. I'm fine with him completing 65%+ for 300 yards but what we can't do is allow big plays, many touchdowns and completions in the redzone.

He can dink and dunk his way to a great line for all I care, as long as we win.

If we can eliminate the big plays and quick scores I think we'll win. He's more patient this year but he's still Favre. He still makes stupid decisions early in the game based on his arm strength. The way to beat them is to get up on them early, take advantage of Favre's infamous slow starts, and force him to throw the whole game.

The pack could only muster 1 TD in 4 quarters vs. denber...

Pablo
11-02-2007, 11:26 AM
IMO, I'd take Palmer over Favre any day..and the Bengals have a much more solid all around offensive attack, but we did what we had to and pull out a W. I know GB's D is 'good', but I kind of lose respect when I see one of their starting DB's get 4 penalties and them miss like 4 or 5 arm tackles on a rookie Denver RB. If all else falls through, the Chiefs need to target Atari Bigby, assuming he's even starting after that horrendous performance in Denver.
Oh...and please put Dunn out on the right side with Terry, Terry is trash and Kampman isn't, so we need to get some double coverage on the man.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2007, 01:05 PM
IIRC in 2006 we were never behind in the games we won against SD and SEA.

We were tied against SD. We trailed against SEA.

Halfcan
11-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Why not? Huard has started 15 games for the Chiefs. In SIX of those, he's led us to a win when we trailed in the fourth quarter. That's pretty impressive. He's definitely a clutch player, no question about it.

LOL Brett has how many come back wins?????

You need to find a new man crush.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2007, 08:51 PM
LOL Brett has how many come back wins?????

You need to find a new man crush.

No one was talking about Brett Favre.