PDA

View Full Version : Rookie DTs

Direckshun
11-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Take it for what it's worth (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=SACKS&season=2007&seasonType=REG&experience=0&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Find).

Amobi Okoye (Houston) and Clifton Ryan (St. Louis) are straight-up beasts so far. Okoye has 19 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 FF. Ryan has 22 tackles, 2 sacks, and 3 FF.

Greg Peterson (Tampa) and Adam Carriker (St. Louis) are second-tier gents at this point. Peterson has 12 tackles and 1.5 sacks, and Carriker has 14 tackles and a sack, and is probably responsible for Clifton Ryan putting up big numbers, as OLs key in on him.

And what would a top rookies list be without a Colt. Ed Johnson (Indianapolis) has registered a hefty 20 tackles and a sack. But Quinn Pittcock (Indianapolis), a DT they drafted much higher, has done next to nothing with one tackle to his name.

Brandon Mebane (Seattle), a DT a lot of people on ChiefsPlanet wanted, has put up a solid start, with 11 tackles and a sack. Trey Lewis (Atlanta) has surprisingly put up 15 tackles and an interception.

Alan Branch (Arizona), whom initially looked like a top 10er, has registered a tackle and no sacks. Justin Harrell (Green Bay), the biggest reach of the first round, has played alright but statistically he looks like he'd be a reach in the 6th round, with two tackles to his name.

The Donks may have got a steal with Marcus Thomas (Denver) in the 4th round, who's played regularly and admirably, and has registered a respectable 8 tackles.

Kansas City's own Tank Tyler and Turk McBride have not done much statistically, sadly. Perhaps their impact can be measured in other ways, but so far they've registered a combined 9 tackles with a sack between them.

Just FYIin'.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Harrell is injured and hasn't played much.

HolmeZz
11-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Marcus Thomas has been awful. It helps to watch them play and not just look at the stats.

Direckshun
11-01-2007, 05:42 PM
I think he's looked good at times, and not so good at other times.

Which, for a rookie DT, is admirable.

ChiefsCountry
11-01-2007, 05:42 PM
I remember I was pimping Ryan back during draft time.

HolmeZz
11-01-2007, 05:44 PM
I think he's looked good at times, and not so good at other times.

Which, for a rookie DT, is admirable.

All I've seen is him getting pushed around. I've seen plenty of Donk fans saying the same thing.