PDA

View Full Version : Most Bone Crushing Chiefs loss of all time?

Deberg_1990
11-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Just to be different....

beach tribe
11-01-2007, 05:51 PM
The kicker not to be named.

Kraus
11-01-2007, 05:53 PM

Winner.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Quentin ****ing Griffin.

ChiefsCountry
11-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Quentin ****ing Griffin.

Compared to playoff game that is nothing.

kstater
11-01-2007, 06:01 PM

Really the only choice.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-01-2007, 06:02 PM
I demand that this thread be locked and that the user to be banned!

CoMoChief
11-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Well, both of them come against the Colts. One because of a ****ing kicker and another because we couldnt force a single punt.

Deberg_1990
11-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Quentin ****ing Griffin.

Pretty much any game played in Denver.

munkey
11-01-2007, 06:04 PM
That game where DT sacked Dave Kreig like 7 freakn times only to miss the last one which ended a last minute bomb that cost us the game.

That guy did that every game I remember...A long bomb for a TD on the first possession and it seemed like 9 times out of 10 it worked...

JohnnyV13
11-01-2007, 06:04 PM
What about the longest game ever played? Not only did Jan Stenerud miss two makeable field goals, itwas the last gasp for the old chiefs. It was 15 years before the Chiefs made another playoff appearance.

Adept Havelock
11-01-2007, 06:10 PM
What about the longest game ever played? Not only did Jan Stenerud miss two makeable field goals, itwas the last gasp for the old chiefs. It was 15 years before the Chiefs made another playoff appearance.

We have a winner. That's my pick. Nothing has hurt worse, though '95 and '03 came close.

Rasputin
11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
On a cold November day 1990, Warren Moon and the Houston Oilers just destroyed us. Moon had a career passing day over 500 yards and I think that was a record. Steve Deberg broke his pinky and they showed that over the jumbo tron over and over again.

That was my first game at Arrowhead.

KCChiefsMan
11-01-2007, 06:26 PM
97 playoff game against Denver, only because Tony G did make that TD catch and we should have won! I can't even describe how pissed I was after that game.

alanm
11-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Lock the thread. End of discussion.

Kraus
11-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Well, three of them came against the Colts. One because of a ****ing kicker, another because we couldnt force a single punt, and another because we couldn't get a first down.

FYP

mikey23545
11-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Christmas Day, 1971.

Worst Christmas any young boy has ever had....

88TG88
11-01-2007, 07:18 PM
FYP
I would vote for all three as well.

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2007, 07:47 PM
97 playoff game against Denver, only because Tony G did make that TD catch and we should have won! I can't even describe how pissed I was after that game.

I was there as well. Calling Greg Manusky for holding on the FG was BS as well. Plus the donks had greased their unis.

jjchieffan
11-01-2007, 08:32 PM
My vote goes for, I think 1993 playoffs. Houston had Home Field. We beat them, but Montana got hurt. We went to Buffalo for the AFC championship game, and everyone thought we were SB bound. Then we lost and Buffalo went on to lose another SB. That was pretty crushing for me.

beach tribe
11-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I was there as well. Calling Greg Manusky for holding on the FG was BS as well. Plus the donks had greased their unis.
Crushing for sure.

MadMax
11-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Colts game when we had a bye and home field advantage against an inferior team with Jim Harbaugh at QB...Hands down to me the most devastating loss ever. I broke shit and scared the neighbors lol

BigChiefFan
11-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Agreed. It was crushing losing to somebody who blatantly cheated us and we couldn't do a damn thing about it. That was a good Chief team. One of Carl's two great teams in his twenty year tenure.

KcMizzou
11-01-2007, 08:46 PM
My vote goes for, I think 1993 playoffs. Houston had Home Field. We beat them, but Montana got hurt. That was the game Keith Cash spiked a TD ball into Buddy Ryan's huge face.

Probably the biggest win I've seen as a Chiefs fan.

"One man.... made a comment. He said believe. Believe! Believe! Believe! And yes, Derrick. We believed."

Ugh... :deevee:

(Montana was hurt in the Buffalo game though.)

MadMax
11-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Agreed. It was crushing losing to somebody who blatantly cheated us and we couldn't do a damn thing about it. That was a good Chief team. One of Carl's two great teams in his twenty year tenure.

Never understood how a team can grease themselves and basically not get penalized at all. :shrug:

Not to mention Elways famous passes 5 yards past the LOS.

KcMizzou
11-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Colts game when we had a bye and home field advantage against an inferior team with Jim Harbaugh at QB...Hands down to me the most devastating loss ever. I broke shit and scared the neighbors lolThat was soul-crushing.

Buck
11-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Can I play, using the Chargers?

KcMizzou
11-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Can I play, using the Chargers?You've got my vote...

Why not?

L.A. Chieffan
11-01-2007, 09:01 PM
My memory is hazy but I thought I remember Stoyanovich beating us with a really long FG as time expired in a playoff game.

Didn't that happen?

Buck
11-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Okay...In Order

1. 2006 Playoff Loss to the Patriots
2. 2004 Playoff Loss to the Jets
3. 2005 Home Loss to the Dolphins
4. 1994 Super Bowl Loss to 49ers
5. 2002 Week 16 Loss to the Chiefs @ Arrowhead

In that last game, the Chargers were winning 22-21, the Chiefs drove on us at the very end, Rodney Harrison looked like he made a game winning stop on Mike Cloud (I think that was his name), but the Refs called it 1st down. The replay looked like he was short, but they gave it to him. You guys ended up kicking a field goal.

Then we got the ball with a minute left, started driving, and Reche "Fumbilitis" Caldwell fumbled the ball away to you guys giving you the game.

Had we won that game, and the following week vs. Seattle (L 31-28 in OT), we would have made the playoffs for the first time in 7 years. Instead we finished 8-8 after starting the season 6-1.

Buck
11-01-2007, 09:04 PM
My memory is hazy but I thought I remember Stoyanovich beating us with a really long FG as time expired in a playoff game.

Didn't that happen?

I dont remember that, but I do remember this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_playoffs,_1992-93#AFC:_San_Diego_Chargers_17.2C_Kansas_City_Chiefs_0

beach tribe
11-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Okay...In Order

1. 2006 Playoff Loss to the Patriots
2. 2004 Playoff Loss to the Jets
3. 2005 Home Loss to the Dolphins
4. 1994 Super Bowl Loss to 49ers
5. 2002 Week 16 Loss to the Chiefs @ Arrowhead

In that last game, the Chargers were winning 22-21, the Chiefs drove on us at the very end, Rodney Harrison looked like he made a game winning stop on Mike Cloud (I think that was his name), but the Refs called it 1st down. The replay looked like he was short, but they gave it to him. You guys ended up kicking a field goal.

Then we got the ball with a minute left, started driving, and Reche "Fumbilitis" Caldwell fumbled the ball away to you guys giving you the game.

Had we won that game, and the following week vs. Seattle (L 31-28 in OT), we would have made the playoffs for the first time in 7 years. Instead we finished 8-8 after starting the season 6-1.
Dude 94 had to be the worst. Embarassing.

Buck
11-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Dude 94 had to be the worst. Embarassing.

No way, considering how much of a chance we had, thats no where near as bad as the others.

L.A. Chieffan
11-01-2007, 09:08 PM
I found it....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_playoffs,_1990-91
January 5th, 1991.

**** THAT **** STOYANOVICH I HOPE HE BURNS IN HELL

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-01-2007, 09:13 PM
F*cking counter trey in Buffalo. Awful.

The 1995 game was worse. I pretty much snapped inside after that loss and have never been the same fan since.

beach tribe
11-01-2007, 09:14 PM
No way, considering how much of a chance we had, thats no where near as bad as the others.
I guess last year had to be pretty rough.

Rain Man
11-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I realize that I'm probably throwing a rock at the three-headed helldog of Irony, Karma, and Fate, but have we ever lost a prominent player or high-pick rookie to a career-ending injury during a game?

Okoye's knee was in preseason. Delaney was in the offseason. DT was offseason. Sylvester was preseason, Percy Snow was preseason. I'm probably missing someone obvious, but

Buck
11-01-2007, 09:22 PM
I realize that I'm probably throwing a rock at the three-headed helldog of Irony, Karma, and Fate, but have we ever lost a prominent player or high-pick rookie to a career-ending injury during a game?

Okoye's knee was in preseason. Delaney was in the offseason. DT was offseason. Sylvester was preseason, Percy Snow was preseason. I'm probably missing someone obvious, but

Ummm...Priest Holmes, does that count?

I think that ended his career for all intents and purposes.

Rain Man
11-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Ummm...Priest Holmes, does that count?

I think that ended his career for all intents and purposes.

He was just sidelined for 30 games.

Buck
11-01-2007, 09:24 PM
He was just sidelined for 30 games.

Thats it? Thats practically nothing.

Frazod
11-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Didn't we do this about THREE WEEKS AGO?

I know you have to be something of a machocist to be a Chief fan, but damn.... :shake:

Rain Man
11-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Thats it? Thats practically nothing.

Belichick would've listed him as questionable the whole time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-01-2007, 09:46 PM

A case could be made that Geathers ended Trent's career for all intents and purposes.

11-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Pretty much any game played in Denver.
1993? 1994?

Deberg_1990
11-01-2007, 09:54 PM
I think some may have misinterpreted this thread. I didnt mean the most "Gut Wrenching" or "Heartbreaking" loss of all time.

I meant most lopsided or biggest butt kicking of all time.

Thats my interpretation of "Bone Crunching" anyways...

dj56dt58
11-01-2007, 10:06 PM
The Chiefs dont get blown out much..they usually always have had a great defense and didnt give up a lot of pionts or a great offense to score a lot of points...

Phobia
11-01-2007, 10:14 PM
I would have voted for Christmas Day 1971 but I was 10 months old. Any playoff loss to Indy does it for me.

KcMizzou
11-01-2007, 10:16 PM
I think some may have misinterpreted this thread. I didnt mean the most "Gut Wrenching" or "Heartbreaking" loss of all time.

Thats my interpretation of "Bone Crunching" anyways..."Soul Crushing" seems to be the idea...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-01-2007, 10:40 PM

That stomp out the Pats gave us in '98 was humiliating.
The Portis championship belt game
The '93 AFC Ch. Game
The '92 AFC WC game

Deberg_1990
11-01-2007, 11:19 PM
That stomp out the Pats gave us in '98 was humiliating.

Forgot about that one. That was the game that Whitlock got in trouble for for flipping off Pats fans if i remember right??

That Portis game you mentioned was pretty humiliating as well....

Especially him parading around his WWE belt.

HemiEd
11-01-2007, 11:20 PM

That is my choice. I was convinced the game was rigged.

HemiEd
11-01-2007, 11:26 PM

OK, that is different.
1) Monday night meltdown
2) The Houston game where Moon threw for the record against us, 568 yards IIRC.
3)Pittsburgh, last year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Forgot about that one. That was the game that Whitlock got in trouble for for flipping off Pats fans if i remember right??

That Portis game you mentioned was pretty humiliating as well....

Especially him parading around his WWE belt.

He got in trouble for insinuating Bledsoe was gay.

Extra Point
11-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Christmas Day 1971. A sad, sad day.....

Deberg_1990
11-01-2007, 11:49 PM
He got in trouble for insinuating Bledsoe was gay.

Ahhh...ok

Well, even Pats fans would probably agree with him these days...LOL

melbar
11-02-2007, 12:04 AM

Dont forget the non-penalty on the field goal and Bronks vasoline gate. To top it off Shannon Sharp on the bench saying Arrowhead was THEIR home to the fans :cuss:

Indy field goal may still be #1...

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Dont forget the non-penalty on the field goal and Bronks vasoline gate. To top it off Shannon Sharp on the bench saying Arrowhead was THEIR home to the fans :cuss:

Indy field goal may still be #1...

I already said that n00b. Plus you spelled Pharaoh wrong and well, you did a lot of bad things in this thread. Now punch yourself in the face three times really hard. That is all.

88TG88
11-02-2007, 01:13 AM
Any playoff loss to Indy does it for me.
I would have to go with 03. I didn't expect us to do jack shit last year. In 03 I thought we had a shot to get to the SB. And it was a F'ING HOME GAME. :deevee:

AZChief
11-02-2007, 02:38 AM
There's no question it was the 12/25/71 OT loss to the Phins...the Chiefs died that day...

kstater
11-02-2007, 04:26 AM

Well thats easy then. January 2008 to the Patriots in the AFC Championship game.

:D

Reerun_KC
11-02-2007, 06:56 AM
F*cking counter trey in Buffalo. Awful.

The 1995 game was worse. I pretty much snapped inside after that loss and have never been the same fan since.

Agreed! That playoff loss was the game that turned my stomach towards Martyball... I never liked Marty after that game... I guess that is why I have so much ill will towards Marty the coward and Herm who is trying to be his shadow....

1995 changed my feelings forever towards MarthaBall....

RJ
11-02-2007, 07:12 AM

That was my worst loss of all the losses of all the sports teams I've ever rooted for.

Baby Lee
11-02-2007, 07:23 AM

In terms of sheer butkicking, the two that come to mind is Moon and the Oilers putting up 580-something passing yards on us, and the McMahon helmed Vikes zinging it all over the place as well.

That Steelers game last year was pretty much a whomping as well.

Rausch
11-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Any playoff loss to Indy does it for me.

I hate them like a division rival. I had a dream last week that we beat the Pats in the playoffs but lost the AFCC game to the ****ing Colts.

Even in my dreams we choke vs. Indy... :cuss:

Chief Chief
11-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Didn't the Faders win a final regular season game against us by a field goal to knock us out of the play-offs one year?

Easy 6
11-02-2007, 08:26 AM
The Dolts knocking us out in 96 was a joke.

I'll also never forget how the Jills brutalized us in the cold & snow of 94...poor Montana was tortured like a SAW movie & left for dead.

Rausch
11-02-2007, 08:56 AM
The Dolts knocking us out in 96 was a joke.

I'll also never forget how the Jills brutalized us in the cold & snow of 94...poor Montana was tortured like a SAW movie & left for dead.

94 we lost to the Marino led dolphins in round 1...

Otter
11-02-2007, 09:04 AM

That's the one that ripped my heart out and began the process of turning me into the jaded, bitter fan I am now.

Embarrassing, Excruciating and downright painful.

:deevee:

gblowfish
11-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Reading thru this thread, I remember a lot of these.
Thanks a freakin' lot...

Worst Moments:
Losing Super Bowl I.
Chiefs were in it at halftime....could have won the first Super Bowl.

Losing AFC Championship at Buffalo. Montana one game away from taking KC to the Super Bowl.

The Longest Game: Usually reliable HOF kicker whiffs from 35 yards, wastes career day by Ed Podolak. Began the Chiefs slide into oblivion and the Fish's rise to greatness.

Games with bad injuries: On all of these you can say 'never the same after that': Kimball Anders vs Denver blows out achilles, Priest Holmes neck vs. San Diego, Trent Green concussion vs. Cincy, Dennis Byrd, Chiefs at NY Jets, Byrd paralysed on collision behind Dave Kreig. Steve DeBerg vs Houston, breaks pinkie finger on non-throwing hand. Gruesome. Old School:
Chiefs RB Mack Lee Hill dies on the operating table during routine knee surgery.

Playoff futility:
Losing at Miami when a Dave Szott holding penalty puts Nick Lowry out of field goal range.
At San Diego, Marions Butts and Chargers run wild over crappy Chiefs defense.
Peyton Manning and the Colts win shootout and Arrowhead. Chiefs under GRob can't force a single punt.
Losing to Oakland on the last day of the season at Arrowhead to get bumped from the playoffs. Rent-a-kicker Jon Baker can't kick off in bounds, does it three times, including kickoff to start overtime. Chiefs blow a 20 point lead, lose in OT to Rich Gannon and Tyrone Wheatley.

Shame on franchise: Mike Bell hauled off to jail from Chiefs locker room for dealing coke. Bong Morris and Tamarick "would you buy a used car from this man" Vanover deal drugs/steal cars in KC. Jim Tyrer kllls his wife, then himself. Victor Riley domestic dispute, rams his wife and baby with an SUV, Bad Moon Rison stiffs music store for stolen equipment. RB Bill Jones hit and run accident. Eric Warfield and Jared Allen multi-DWI's.

Low point in Chiefs crappiness: 1987, last year of Frank Ganz. Played Green Bay Packers at home, in November, both teams tied for wost record in football. Pissing down freezing rain, Packers kick our ass. The worst...the worst...the worst.

Absolute worst playoff loss: After going 13-3, ET can't phone home.
Chiefs waste best chance to go to the Super Bowl during Marty's tenure.

Depressed yet?

corandval
11-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Losing last game of 99 season to the Faders still hurts. Not only did it knock us out of the playoffs, but unfortunately it was DT's last game.

StcChief
11-02-2007, 01:23 PM
The kicker not to be named.my feet are still frost bitten

Otis99
11-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Losing to Oakland on the last day of the season at Arrowhead to get bumped from the playoffs. Rent-a-kicker Jon Baker can't kick off in bounds, does it three times, including kickoff to start overtime. Chiefs blow a 20 point lead, lose in OT to Rich Gannon and Tyrone Wheatley.

It's amazing how many fans have forgotten about Jon Baker. I thought I was the only one that remembered that game. A win would have given us the AFC West crown and a home playoff game. And might possibly have saved Gunther's job (ah, who am I kidding). And we were playing the RAIDERS at home.

People always remember "he who shall not be named" but forget that we had no business losing the last game of the 1999 season. I count that game as a playoff game, which is probably why we lost.

rtmike
11-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Aahhh yes I remember him. Didn't the Chiefs just pick that kicker up? He kept kicking it out of bounds IIRC? I always thought AD payed him off.
One of my favorite, (worst) memories was in the playoffs against Miami and the refs blew a call on Marcus Allen at the end of the game sealing our fate. I can't remember what it was I just know it always pissed me off. I have the game on tape, need to watch to see what it was.

Otter
11-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Aahhh yes I remember him. Didn't the Chiefs just pick that kicker up? He kept kicking it out of bounds IIRC? I always thought AD payed him off.

One of my favorite, (worst) memories was in the playoffs against Miami and the refs blew a call on Marcus Allen at the end of the game sealing our fate. I can't remember what it was I just know it always pissed me off. I have the game on tape, need to watch to see what it was.

Or you could just punch yourself in the face and burn your hair off.

Mr. Laz
11-02-2007, 03:01 PM
harbaugh

Tribal Warfare
11-02-2007, 03:18 PM
harbaugh

yep

Spott
11-02-2007, 03:45 PM
This thread makes me want to go kick my dog.

Frazod
11-02-2007, 03:50 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4285406#post4285406

I know that all threads recycle here repeatedly. But again, we just DID THIS SAME GODDAMN DEPRESSING THREAD THREE WEEKS AGO.

:cuss:

Spott
11-02-2007, 03:52 PM

IIRC, it was the 4th quarter and Allen got tackled around the Dolphins 20. Allen landed on the ground on his back. While he was on his back a Dolphins player grabbed the ball from him and the refs ruled it was a fumble. On the drive before that, Montana threw a horrible Int when it was 1st and goal from the 3. Had we had instant replay, the call would have been overturned. Ironically, Lamar Hunt was always against instant replay and had routinely voted against it being reinstated. Instant replay may have also helped in that TD that Gonzalez could have had in that 97 playoff game.

Deberg_1990
11-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks a freakin' lot...

Worst Moments:
Losing Super Bowl I.

Losing AFC Championship at Buffalo. Montana one game away from taking KC to the Super Bowl.

The Longest Game: Usually reliable HOF kicker whiffs from 35 yards, wastes career day by Ed Podolak. Began the Chiefs slide into oblivion and the Fish's rise to greatness.

Games with bad injuries: On all of these you can say 'never the same after that': Kimball Anders vs Denver blows out achilles, Priest Holmes neck vs. San Diego, Trent Green concussion vs. Cincy, Dennis Byrd, Chiefs at NY Jets, Byrd paralysed on collision behind Dave Kreig. Steve DeBerg vs Houston, breaks pinkie finger on non-throwing hand. Gruesome. Old School:
Chiefs RB Mack Lee Hill dies on the operating table during routine knee surgery.

Playoff futility:
Losing at Miami when a Dave Szott holding penalty puts Nick Lowry out of field goal range.
Peyton Manning and the Colts win shootout and Arrowhead. Chiefs under GRob can't force a single punt.

Shame on franchise: Mike Bell hauled off to jail from Chiefs locker room for dealing coke. Bong Morris and Tamarick "would you buy a used car from this man" Vanover deal drugs/steal cars in KC. Jim Tyrer kllls his wife, then himself. Victor Riley domestic dispute, rams his wife and baby with an SUV, Bad Moon Rison stiffs music store for stolen equipment. RB Bill Jones hit and run accident. Eric Warfield and Jared Allen multi-DWI's.

Low point in Chiefs crappiness: 1987, last year of Frank Ganz. Played Green Bay Packers at home, in November, both teams tied for wost record in football. Pissing down freezing rain, Packers kick our ass. The worst...the worst...the worst.

Depressed yet?

Wow...thanks for ruining my decade.

Direckshun
11-02-2007, 04:26 PM
I love being a Chiefs fan.

Deberg_1990
11-02-2007, 04:28 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4285406#post4285406

I know that all threads recycle here repeatedly. But again, we just DID THIS SAME GODDAMN DEPRESSING THREAD THREE WEEKS AGO.

:cuss:

Not really, this one is about the Chiefs exclusively.

That one was open to all teams, all sports.

Otis99
11-02-2007, 04:44 PM
my feet are still frost bitten

It's amazing how after all those years, the #2 thing people remember about that game (after the fact that it was a terrible loss) was how damn cold it was. I guess that it was a cold day for the Chiefs on a variety of levels.

I was there too, Section 134 row 16. And yeah, it was F*&%ING cold.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2007, 04:51 PM
I was just talking about this game on the Raiders board last week. That playoff game in 98 where Horseface hit McCaffery on a 3 yard dump pass that he took to the KC 2 and punched it in for a 14-10 lead in the 2nd half. Then Elvis went to the endzone on 4th and 2 with :16 left in the game with a wide open receiver past the first down marker on the sideline. Even Dan Dierdorf said that day "I don't think the best team won today folks."

Logical
11-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks a freakin' lot...

Worst Moments:
Losing Super Bowl I.

Playoff futility:

Depressed yet?
You know that is almost the story of my Chiefs fandom right there.

Except that sweet, sweet season when we won the Super Bowl after beating arch rival Raiders and then the Jets in an amazing game where the defense held on the 1 for four straight downs to preserve the victory.

Other KC highlights
Royals finally beat Yankees to go to World Series
Royals win improbable WS againt St. Louis where the Cardinals get raped in game 6 by a bad call.

KCinNY
11-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Personally, '92 in Denver ranks right up there with the '95 and '97 playoff losses.

Chiefs ahead 19-6 late in the 4th qtr and I was letting myself believe that they were actually gonna beat Elway in Mile High. Well, a little prevent defense mixed in with Barry Word running out of bounds when Marty was trying to run out the clock and wham! 20-19, Denver wins.

That's was the first and last time that the Chiefs brought tears to my eyes.

MadMax
11-02-2007, 08:42 PM
I was just talking about this game on the Raiders board last week. That playoff game in 98 where Horseface hit McCaffery on a 3 yard dump pass that he took to the KC 2 and punched it in for a 14-10 lead in the 2nd half. Then Elvis went to the endzone on 4th and 2 with :16 left in the game with a wide open receiver past the first down marker on the sideline. Even Dan Dierdorf said that day "I don't think the best team won today folks."

Ouch! I guess I've burried a lot of the pain and become comfortably numb. Too many years of heartbreak. Lots of dissapointment to go around for sure.

Spott
11-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Personally, '92 in Denver ranks right up there with the '95 and '97 playoff losses.

Chiefs ahead 19-6 late in the 4th qtr and I was letting myself believe that they were actually gonna beat Elway in Mile High. Well, a little prevent defense mixed in with Barry Word running out of bounds when Marty was trying to run out the clock and wham! 20-19, Denver wins.

That game sucked bad. We were up 19-6 at the 2:00 minute warning. I remember Dale Carter running back the kickoff sideways and only getting to about the 5 yard line.

Deberg_1990
11-03-2007, 06:09 AM

Last time? Did you skip the last 15 years??

KCinNY
11-03-2007, 07:14 AM
Last time? Did you skip the last 15 years??

Nah...after that game I resolved to never be THAT sad about the Chiefs again. They've broken my heart dozens of times since that day, but I don't allow it to get to me that much.

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 08:50 AM
That's was the first and last time that the Chiefs brought tears to my eyes.The Lin Elliot - Colts game did it for me.

Nelson Muntz
11-03-2007, 09:12 AM
The *** ****** - Colts game did it for me.

You should be banned just for mentioning that name.

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 09:16 AM
You should be banned just for mentioning that name.Yeah, I know it's against the rules. At the time I just couldn't remember which year that was.

I figured that name would let everyone know exactly what game I was talking about. :)

Nelson Muntz
11-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I know it's against the rules. At the time I just couldn't remember which year that was.

I firgured that name would let everyone know exactly what game I was talking about. :)

I was just giving ya a hard time, but you should be banned for your choice of college. ROFL

KcMizzou
11-03-2007, 09:20 AM
I was just giving ya a hard time, but you should be banned for your choice of college. ROFLMIZ!!!

ZOU!!!

:mizzou:PBJ:mizzou:

Deberg_1990
11-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Nah...after that game I resolved to never be THAT sad about the Chiefs again. They've broken my heart dozens of times since that day, but I don't allow it to get to me that much.

I feel ya.

Im the same way. I dont know if its age, maturity or what, but i dont get nearly as emotionally invested as i used to.

It was probably the 95 and 97 playoff losses for me.

kcirnamffoh
11-03-2007, 10:43 AM
I found it....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_playoffs,_1990-91
January 5th, 1991.

**** THAT **** STOYANOVICH I HOPE HE BURNS IN HELL

:rolleyes: Oh yeah, you're right, he did kick the extra point to win it! :p

kcirnamffoh
11-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Agreed! That playoff loss was the game that turned my stomach towards Martyball... I never liked Marty after that game... I guess that is why I have so much ill will towards Marty the coward and Herm who is trying to be his shadow....

1995 changed my feelings forever towards MarthaBall....

I am with ya on that one. I was calling for the Shott's head after that game. I wanted either him or Peterson GONE! There was no excuse for losing that game, especially the way they lost. They played smashmouth all year long and then what do they do?

As I remember, they wanted Bono and that offense to pass it. I mean expecting an offense who did nothing but run the ball all year to come out passing in its first playoff game was the most boneheaded strategy I ever witnessed.

I lost so much respect for Shottenheimer. He completely and utterly pissed that game away. It wasn't just missed field goals, it was a game plan that was doomed from the beginning. You should dance with the one that brought you or however that saying goes.

That game also started me thinking as to what Peterson was all about. Fielding a team good enough to win but never good enough to win it all.