PDA

View Full Version : Central Florida boy finds razor in candy

DFB
11-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Bastards.

http://www.local6.com/news/14479052/detail.html?taf=orlpn

Brock
11-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Not at all surprised at where this happened.

Rain Man
11-01-2007, 07:04 PM
And thus endeth what seemed in the conference room to be a great cross-branding effort between Three Musketeers and Gilette.

headsnap
11-01-2007, 07:07 PM
http://1-razor-scooters.net/razor-scooters/razor-ms-130a3/razor-scooter-ms130-a3-black.jpg

must have been one big candy bar...

kcfan82
11-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Damn neighborhood kids cleaned me out of Miller Lights and Marlboros last night, time to restock.

headsnap
11-01-2007, 07:09 PM
http://www.firstadopter.com/images/razrv3.jpg

he had to sign a 2-year agreement...

Donger
11-01-2007, 09:19 PM
I remember my mother looking through our candy (as young formerly British kids, we didn't have a similar Halloween experience) for razor blades and such in the late 1970s and early 1980s. I can still hear my father saying, "Stop checking that stuff, woman. If they get cut, they get cut. Something free has NO value!"

Bugeater
11-01-2007, 09:53 PM
While walking on Forest Hill Drive near South Avenue, the boy found a small Three Musketeers candy bar in its wrapper on the ground outside a house and placed it in his bag, sheriff's deputies said.

The family then continued trick-or-treating before returning home and emptying their bags and sorting through candy, Lake County sheriff's deputies said.

The boy picked up the Three Musketeers candy bar and noticed that the wrapper appeared to have been punctured and depleted of its normal air-tight seal, according to a Lake County sheriff's report. The boy opened the wrapper and pulled out the candy bar when he noticed a silver metal object inside it, deputies said.

How did the kid know it was the same candy bar he found on the ground? I don't think I ever came home from Trick-or-Treating with less that a half dozen 3 Musketeers bars.

Regardless, I simply don't believe it, it has to be a hoax. Perhaps I just have a little too much faith in the human race to think that anyone would ever do anything as ****ed up as giving a child candy with a razor blade in it.

Mecca
11-01-2007, 09:57 PM
If you ever wanna watch people flip out.......on Halloween go to a store and buy some apples and razorblades.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-01-2007, 10:00 PM
No one here ever watches "Bullshit", I guess.

The only documented case of this ever happening was when a person did it to their own relative.

Maybe someone broke the mold, but this is more urban legend than anything.

Rain Man
11-01-2007, 10:12 PM
The kid picked it up off the ground. Maybe it's just some kind of public service training program to not eat food that you find on the ground. I'll bet a nonprofit distributes those.

DFB
11-01-2007, 10:39 PM
How did the kid know it was the same candy bar he found on the ground? I don't think I ever came home from Trick-or-Treating with less that a half dozen 3 Musketeers bars.

Regardless, I simply don't believe it, it has to be a hoax. Perhaps I just have a little too much faith in the human race to think that anyone would ever do anything as ****ed up as giving a child candy with a razor blade in it.

There's a video of it on that link. Pretty weird. You can see the razor blade sticking out of the chocolate.

DFB
11-01-2007, 10:40 PM

I've watched it. Great show. Penn & Teller are great.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-02-2007, 07:50 AM
There's a video of it on that link. Pretty weird. You can see the razor blade sticking out of the chocolate.

could still ne a hoax, and I'm betting it will ultimately turn out to be one. (i.e. the kid or family put it in themselves)

Pushead2
11-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Next thing will be a stick of TNT

Radar Chief
11-02-2007, 08:08 AM

The only documented case of this ever happening was when a person did it to their own relative.

Maybe someone broke the mold, but this is more urban legend than anything.

We were talking about this at work the other day and one of my coworkers spoke up with a personal experience.
It’s not :BS: or urban legend, it does happen.

kepp
11-02-2007, 08:23 AM
And thus endeth what seemed in the conference room to be a great cross-branding effort between Three Musketeers and Gilette.
"Introducing the Gillette Nougat..."