PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Totino's and Jeno's Pizzas sold in MO Hyvee linked to E.Coli

Fish
11-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Just a little warning, I found a few of these in my freezer. I bought the Totino's Three Meat from Hyvee on State Line, and it had the recalled number. I didn't discover this till after I ate 2 of em. All I got was gas, but you never know....

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/11/01/pizza.recall.ap/index.html

E. coli fears prompt recall of millions of frozen pizzas

MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota (AP) -- General Mills on Thursday recalled about 5 million frozen pizzas sold nationwide under the Totino's and Jeno's labels because of possible E. coli contamination.

The problem may have come from pepperoni on pizzas produced at a General Mills plant in Ohio, the suburban Minneapolis-based company said.

CHECK YOUR FREEZER
The recall involves the following frozen pizzas and product code numbers:

• Totino's Party Supreme, 42800-10700
• Totino's Three Meat, 42800-10800
• Totino's Pepperoni, 42800-11400
• Totino's Pepperoni, 42800-92114
• Totino's Classic Pepperoni, 42800-11402
• Totino's Pepperoni Trio, 42800-72157
• Totino's Party Combo, 42800-11600
• Totino's Combo, 42800-92116
• Jeno's Crisp 'n Tasty Supreme, 35300-00561
• Jeno's Crisp 'n Tasty Pepperoni, 35300-00572
• Jeno's Crisp 'n Tasty Combo, 35300-00576

Source: The Associated Press

It said the pepperoni came from a separate supplier, not produced at the plant itself, but it declined to release the name of the pepperoni distributor.

The voluntary recall covers pizzas containing pepperoni that have been produced since July, when the first of 21 E. coli illnesses under investigation by state and federal authorities emerged.

Nine of the 21 people reported eating Totino's or Jeno's pizza with pepperoni topping at some point before becoming ill.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that eight of the victims have been hospitalized, and four have developed a type of kidney failure.

Eight of the cases were reported in Tennessee, with the other cases found in smaller numbers in Kentucky, Missouri, New York, Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Wisconsin and South Dakota.

"We took action on that basis as a precaution, because of the possibility that a link might exist," said General Mills spokesman Tom Forsythe. "However, to date we have found no E. coli in our plant, and we have found no E. coli in our products."

General Mills said it is cooperating fully with the investigation, which is continuing. The company said it is not naming the pepperoni supplier because the source of the E. coli is still under investigation.

The company asks consumers to throw away recalled pizzas. They can get replacements by clipping the bar code from the box and mailing it with their name and address to Totino's/Jeno's, P.O. Box 200 -- Pizza, Minneapolis, MN 55440-0200.

Symptoms of E. coli can include stomach cramps and diarrhea. People typically are ill for two to five days but can develop complications including kidney failure.

In late September, the Topps Meat Co. recalled 21.7 million pounds of frozen hamburger patties after 40 people in eight states got sick from contaminated beef believed to have been imported from Canada.

The New Jersey-based company shut down several days later.

Bugeater
11-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Totino's pizzas are friggin' nasty. I can't believe anyone eats those things.

JBucc
11-03-2007, 11:17 AM
I like the Red Baron frozen pizzas. I tried a Digornio(sp?) once after seeing all the commercials about how it's not delivery. It was nasty. The crust was terrible.

Sure-Oz
11-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Totinos hamburger is good, and their cheap. I like red baron too

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Totino's Canadian Bacon. Fits perfectly on a dinner plate.

When you absolutely, positively need an entire f*cking meal for 94 cents, accept no substitutes.

milkman
11-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Totino's pizzas are friggin' nasty.

I agree.

Sadly, however, they're still better than Domino's.

blueballs
11-03-2007, 01:13 PM
top with antifreeze
and treat the neighborhood pets

Spott
11-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Totino's pizzas are friggin' nasty. I can't believe anyone eats those things.

Lol, I just had one for lunch. Best .99 meal you can buy. Luckily mine wasn't on this list.

Kerberos
11-03-2007, 02:25 PM
I agree.

Sadly, however, they're still better than Domino's.
Ya know ... I remember quite a few years back when, (at least HERE), Dominos actually had GOOD pizza. That sh!t has gone down hill in the past 5 Years or better.

Papa Johns opened up here and their pizza isn't great and F***ing over priced in comparison.

Little Sleazers here is just cardboard with toppings :Lin:

Pizza Hut and Papa Murphys are the ONLY order out pizza I will buy.

DiGiorno and Freshetta (sp?) are two frozen I will buy.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Totino's Canadian Bacon. Fits perfectly on a dinner plate.

When you absolutely, positively need an entire f*cking meal for 94 cents, accept no substitutes.

You're right. However when Totino's puts itself in a position where I may have to do 7-10 on the toilet, that comes down to a simple case of it, or me, and you can damn well sure believe........it ain't gonna be me.

Rain Man
11-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Lol, I just had one for lunch. Best .99 meal you can buy. Luckily mine wasn't on this list.

Yet.

banyon
11-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Yikes, I've definitely fallen for the flourescent "10 for $10" sign in my Hy-Vee" before.

Mr. Laz
11-03-2007, 06:14 PM
good ..... i hope everyone in missouri comes down with a nasty batch of e.coli.